Suit and leather

Per ChristianaThomas7

Skyler White is used to being mistaken as a guy. With her short hair, her curveless figure and her mode of dr... Més

PROLOGUE: BROKEN HEART AND CROOKED SMILES.
CHAPTER ONE: ONE WAY TO KNOW FREDWARD MONTGOMERY.
CHAPTER TWO: BLEACH OR KNIFE.
CHAPTER THREE: WELCOME TO MY NEW OFFICE.
CHAPTER FOUR: A BITCH'S HIT TO THE FACE.
CHAPTER FIVE: ACCIDENT ON SET.
CHAPTER SIX: MEET THE BOYS.
CHAPTER SEVEN: 'HIT ME' SIGN
CHAPTER EIGHT: PEEKING PAST AT A FANCY BALL.
CHAPTER NINE: A BINDING PROMISE AT THE BAR
CHAPTER TEN: A DRUNKEN NIGHT.
CHAPTER ELEVEN: MR OR MS SKYLER?
CHAPTER TWELVE: DARTING GAZE.
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: THE RED DEVIL AND HER ENTOURAGE
CHAPTER FIFTEEN : SKIPPING THE BALL TO SAVE THE DISGUISED PRINCESS.
CHAPTER SIXTEEN: WARM OR ICED WATER?
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN : A SHADE OF PINK
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: BIRTHDAY PARTY.
CHAPTER NINETEEN: 'JUST ONE KISS'.
CHAPTER TWENTY: STEAK 2.0 AND PIZZA
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE: FEELINGS OF THE FEMALE COUNTERPART.
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO: TWO DOWN. CUPID ACCOMPLISHED.
CHAPTER TWENTY - THREE: A FIGHT AND A KISS TO REMEMBER.
CHAPTER TWENTY - FOUR: AN APOLOGY

CHAPTER FOURTEEN: A BLOODY DRINK.

1.4K 102 6
Per ChristianaThomas7

THIRD PERSON'S POV

The whole area buzzed with activities as the crews worked hand and foot to get the event in order before anything. Today was the half of the year event in the company, where previous successful projects are celebrated and future projects are unveiled. Everyone would be there. Directors, investors, producers, actors and actresses, directors, main writers and every famous and important player in projects the company involved in.

"Skyler." A young lady in a short curly red hair and a mismatched green trousers and blue shirt walked towards the (wo)man talking fervently as one of his (her) hand was on her ear indicating that (he)she was on call with whoever was on the other side of his (her) bluetooth earpiece.
"We have a problem." The woman started internally regretting immediately that she started out with a bad news instead of doing an effort to soften the blow of the more work load that was about to rain down on him(her).

Skyler stilled at the sentence that floated into her ears. She immediately cut her call and  turned to face the puffy faced red head. "What do you mean there is a problem. Why should there be a problem?" Sky could feel the panic begin to rise from the bottom of her stomach.

"Uhh...—" the red head stammered a little taken aback by Skyler's reaction to the news but not surprised. The woman could see the amount of effort and work load Skyler was putting  into it and almost pitied him(her).

"We got a problem with the sounds crew." She jutted out a thumb to motion to the general direction of where the sound crew were.

"What problem do those morons think they have now, enough to cause a problem in an event that is bigger than them?" Skyler snarled through clenched teeth. "What of the speeches? the music? Do they expect Mr Montgomery to yell out his speech across the hall to the amount of people attending?" She asked sarcastically.

The red head took a step back at the tone in Skyler's voice. "I tried to talk to the person in charge but he wouldn't listen to me." She immediately input to prevent any anger or outburst that (wo)man in front of her looks like (s)he'll soon have.

"Well, run along and tell him to stuff whatever complain he has up his ass, suck it up and get back to work or we're gonna be having a problem. I want my sounds or else —" Skyler didn't have to finish before the red head scurried off away, willing to take on even the devil if it means avoid Skyler's anger.

"Hey Sky." Taylor called gently as he walked over to her after seeing a puffy faced red head scurry away like there was a demon on her tail. She turned to him and Taylor sucked in a breath as he took a good look at her. She was awfully pale, tiny beads of sweat lined her forehead, her eyes were hollow with pain. She looked like she was just drained by a newly turned vampire and would turn into a zombie soon.

"Oh my God Sky, you look terrible." He placed one of his hand on her shoulder.

"I feel terrible." She snapped back at him.

"Wow, seems like they're right" Taylor raised a brow in acknowledgement that confused Skyler.

"Right about what?"

"Everyone is literally too scared to come close to you out of fear that you might rain hell on them. They are all talking about it."

"Well, I don't care what they think, what I care about is that this event is hours away from happening and I don't have my sounds." Skyler clenched and unclenched her hand in an attempt to relive some of her anger.

"Do you need something Sky?" Taylor asked with concern in his tone and on his face.

"Yes, Taylor." She sighed and closed her eyes before she opened it and it was filled with fire and anger. "I want the bloody planner. Where the hell is she? I'm supposed to work with her and supervise the event but here I am doing the bloody thing myself. Where's her professionalism, uhh? And now I have a sound crew that would rather throw a tantrum at their displeasures than get to work. I need more than something Taylor. I need a bloody drink."

"Ok." Taylor sighed knowing he got his work cut out for him. "Skyler look at me." He placed both hands on her shoulders. "Take a deep breath with me."

"I don't have time for this right now." She tried to pull away but he held her in place.

"Come on Sky. Take a deep breath with me. It'll help you calm down, help you think more clearly. Come on." He urged.

Skyler sighed in resignation. "Fine."

"Deep breaths in." He and Skyler followed his words. They held it for a few seconds "Now deep breaths out." They both released their breaths at the same time.

"Ok. Now that we've practiced our breathing, cleared out mind, we can think clearly on what to do."

"Ok." Skyler let out another heavy breathe feeling to release the invisible weight on her chest. "I need to call Nada, she's the planner. There must be a reason why she's not here. She doesn't seem like someone who would ditch something this important. I need to have a talk with the head of the sound crew so we can work something out and then I need to check with the others is everything is set and ready."

"Ok. See, that's good. You have a plan and steps. You follow it."

"Yeah." A smile broke on her lips. "Thank you Taylor."

"I told you I am here whatever you need, alright?" And Skyler nodded her head feeling greatful and happy that Taylor was with her.

"Now do you need some pain killers?" He took the small backpack off his back and readied to open the zipper. "I have something a little mild. It won't leave you dizzy or sleepy, just to take off some of the pain."

"You brought a backpack?"

"Yeah. Where else would I put the supplies in?" He rolled his eyes like that should have been obvious.

"Supplies?"

"Yeah. I got  pain killers, some sweets, mostly chocolate and the likes. Tampons and pads, whichever you prefer. Some hot pads too if you want to relive the pain, you'll just paste it on your belly." He fumbled with the zipper so to open it.

"I got a flask, it's just vodka and whisky. I got some advil, a bottle flask of hot water because I know that helps, some smelling salt should in case you pass out and some  Xanax, I think it'll help." He moved closer to her "and if you want something stronger. I got some weed. You know, if you need some relief, to release some tension."

Skyler's face of gratitude quickly changed into a scowl. "You brought drugs in here?" Skyler eyes widen in horror.

"Oh please, it's fine. Besides, there'll be directors, actors and the likes coming in here soon, if you think they haven't taken or do have some on them, then think again."

Skyler shook her head but a smile formed on her lips. Taylor could be caring when he wanted to, but he was still Taylor.

"Thank you Taylor. Really."

"Of course Skyler. I know this job means a lot to you and you're trying to maintain the demeanor of a strong non-menstrating male in front of your boss. I'll do anything to help you."

"Taylor." Skyler's voice shook and her eyes shone  with tears. Taylor looked back at her in horror.

"Don't do that and don't go falling in love with me alright." He said smugly. "I know it'll take a lot of work as I'm simply irresistible but you have to try, or else it'll make things awkward at the loft."

Skyler rolled her eyes at him. "It won't be easy but I'll try. You are as irresistible as a blub of goo. But I'll give it my best. We won't want you feeling awkward after all." That earned a chuckle from Taylor.

"I'm glad you are feeling better Sky. Now chop chop, get to work. Shoo." He shooed her away and Skyler snarled at him.

"Wait." Shw halted in her steps. "I'll take whatever chocolate you got." She stretched out her open palm and a satisfied smirk appeared on Taylor's lips.

"Of course, your Majesty. Take your pick. I might have gone over board and bought too many kinds." He chuckled the last part nervously as a childish look took over his features making him as irresistible as he thought himself to be.

He just can't turn off the charm.

        *****************************

Fredward watched the interaction between the two people several feet away from him and for some reason he didn't understand, his stomach churned like he's looking at an unappealing food he has to swallow.

He recognized him as one of her roommates who he had met the day he took her to the house and he remembered seeing him with her when they first officially met when he was invited for to make a speech by the university and someone had pushed her making her crash into the chair.

Fredward had noticed how sickly she looked when she had first shown up in the morning and when he had asked she had assured him that she was fine but Fredward didn't buy it,as she looked like she was seconds away from collapsing.

Fredward had spent the morning unable to take her sickly image away from his head and found himself thinking about her the whole morning. That situation didn't sit well with him at all. When he couldn't take it any longer he had gone to the floor where the event was to be held to see how she was doing when he heard the murmurs of the crew about how hot and short tempered she was and how the event planner had disappeared leaving the load on her.

He had immediately headed towards her ignoring the greetings of his employees as the only thing he could think about was making sure she was okay, only to be adorned by the sight of his disguised assistant, smiling brightly at a man who could be described by all as very handsome.

Fredward tried to shake away the feeling that unsettled his stomach and shake away the thought that he's been thinking about her all morning, as he convinced himself that he was only concerned with the well being of his assistant.

He must be her boyfriend. His inner self said distastefully and he immediately shook the feeling off before walking away and to his office to get himself ready for the looming event.

*************

"Everything looks good Sky. See, you pulled it off." Taylor looked around him and gave Skyler a proud pat on the shoulders.

The events were already in full swing and everything was going fine and smooth. The event planner had finally showed up...after leaving the hospital since she got involved in a little accident.

Skyler let out a sigh of relief. This event has had her worked up all week and she couldn't wait to get it over with but to stand here and appreciate the works suet put into it, she couldn't help the puff of pride that floated to her chest.

Event though throughout the day all she wanted to do was crawl into a hole, roll into a ball and die, now she didn't feel that way anymore...at least only the roll into a ball thing was still in her mind, not the die part and that's enough.

Although Skyler wasn't sure of Fredward's reaction which was giving her mixed feelings. He seemed somewhat distant and Skyler couldn't help but think that he didn't like the arrangements she's made.

A wave of dizziness crashed through her as a painful ache shot though her lower belly making her clenched her blazer in her fist as she tried to stay steady on her feet.

"Hey, are you okay?" Taylor held her steady.

"Oh it's fine. Just feel a little too relived that it's not a disaster, it made me a little light headed." She lied.

"Well, why don't you take a break for now. I know you want to be on top of it all but Nada is here and so are several other people working to make this a success. Give yourself a little break and maybe take the painkillers."

"Yeah you're right. Why don't you hand over the backpack, I'll help myself. You go and enjoy the party."

"It's fine Sky, I'll stay with you."

"No, don't." Skyler refused unwilling to let Taylor spend the rest of the party waiting on her when that's all he's been doing all day. "I'll just text Mr Montgomery that I'll be busy while I go rest up in my office." Skyler knew that she was getting to him.

"I'll take the painkillers and have a little rest, don't worry I won't faint. This is pretty much normal to me now, I'm used to it."

"You sure?"

"I'll smash your head in with my helmet if you don't go right now. There are so many celebrities, it's insane. I'm sure there are so many actresses waiting to he charmed by you."

"You're right." A smirk appeared on his lips. "If you need anything, you call for me, right?"

"Yeah. Don't worry. Now go before I change my mind and you are stuck with me all night." And with that Taylor went away from her.

Skyler hung around for a few minutes unable to help herself because she wanted to make sure everything was going to plan. She wanted Mr Montgomery to be impressed by the work she did and she wanted to be too.

A small chuckle escaped her lips when her eyes caught sight of Taylor dazzling the room, as right now he was standing in the midst of some women, famous actresses to be precise and with the smile and look on their faces they were charmed.

He could pass as a celebrity any time. Skyler had no doubt that he would be one soon. This event was good for him, for his future career and Skyler was glad that he came with her today.

"You have fun, Taylor." Skyler muttered underneath her breathe and her fist clenched around the backpack she was holding when another way crashed into her lower belly.

Skyler groaned when she felt her bladder make a warning. One of the bad side effects of bad menstrual cramps is that urinating hurts because your vagina feels like a hole has been drilled through it.

She walked out of the party and went to the elevator to lead her to the top floor.

Skyler was greatful for her own private restroom, it always made things easier and her facade less frustrating and more accommodating.

Instead of taking the painkillers, Skyler took out the flask and drowned it down as she settled into her desk chair.

Whatever to make her numb. It was the first days that were this bad and Skyler's only relief is that the day is drawing to an end and a sigh of relief escaped her at blackness that shown behind the window indicating the night.

Skyler took another glup and buried herself further into her chair, leaning into it fully.

She closed her eyes and held her breath like she was waiting for the pain to pass and for a second it felt like it was until it wasn't the rest of the way.

*********

Fredward looked around the room for where Skyler might be but he didn't catch a single glimpse of her any where in the filled room.

His eyes caught sight of the guy who had been standing with her at that time, he was laughing with a group of ladies and openly flirting with them which annoyed Fredward to no end.

"Mr Montgomery." Fredward turned to look at the person that called him. "I'm Nada, the planner. I just want to ask if the whole thing is to your satisfaction." She gestured around her at the party.

"It is. I heard you left everything over to my assistant and went missing."

A look of horror crossed her face immediately "I had a little accident on my way here and I've already explained to him and he totally understand." She tried to rectify and redeem herself but he wasn't interested.

"Have you seen him? My assistant?"

"Oh, it seemed he left. He didn't look like he was feeling well " she explained but before she could say anything to else, Fredward walked away from her to search for his assistant.

************************

AUTHOR'S NOTES.

Hello guys.

New chapter. Enjoy.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

2.9M 81.2K 33
Cassandra Ellis: A young African American woman working in the fast paced life surrounding Chicago. Just graduating from university, she receives he...
947K 28K 38
Nov, 09, 2020 : #1 in romance May, 14, 2021 : #1in respect May, 14, 2021 : #4 in lovestory "Don't try and act all nice to me. I know girls like you...
Boss of Me Per Sarah Douglas

Literatura romàntica

589K 22.7K 30
Summer Worthington doesn't hate her corporate job, per se. It's her god-awful boss, Mr. Griffin - or, as her roommates like to call him, Mr. Grouchy...
2.3M 74K 48
《 Highest Ranking: #1 Teen Fiction 》 《 Highest Ranking: #2 Young Adult 》 《 Highest Ranking: #2 Love 》 "You want to know my secret, love?" He asked, h...