meleth nin

By fictionfamous

the story of a fellowship, trying to save middle earth from the ring of power and the evil of Sauron, however... More

Chapter One- One Ring to rule them all
Chapter Two- The Fellowship is Formed pt1
Chapter Two- The Fellowship is formed pt2
Chapter Three- Setting off pt1
Chapter Three- Setting off pt2
Chapter Four- Mines of Moria
Chapter Five - Khazad-Dûm
Chapter Six - Balrog
Chapter Seven- Lothlórien
Chapter Nine- Riders of Rohan
Chapter Nine- Freedom for the King
Chapter Ten- Rest in the City
Chapter Eleven- The Wolves of Isengard pt1
Chapter Twelve- Wolves of Isengard pt2
Chapter Thirteen- Arrival of Helm's Deep.
Chapter Fourteen- Battle of Helm's Deep pt1
Chapter Fifteen- Battle of Helm's Deep pt2
Chapter Sixteen- Celebration
Chapter Seventeen- The Mountains
Chapter Eighteen- Visiting the Dead
Chapter Nineteen- Battle of Pelennor Fields
Chapter Twenty- The Ring is Destroyed
Chapter Twenty One- The Return of the King
Chapter Twenty Two- The Woodland Realm
Chapter Twenty Three- Lunch with the King
Chapter Twenty Four- Eternity with you
Chapter Twenty Five- The King
Chapter Twenty Six- A Royal Wedding pt1
Chapter Twenty Seven- A Royal Wedding pt2
Chapter Twenty Eight- The Wedding Night
Chapter Twenty Nine-
Chapter Thirty- New Gowns
Chapter Thirty One- Collecting the Gowns
Chapter Thirty Two- Tease
Chapter Thirty Three- The Party
Chapter Thirty Four- Fight
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six-
Chapter Thirty Seven-
Chapter Thirty Seven- An unexpected message
Chapter Thirty Eight- News
Chapter Thirty Nine- The gender
Chapter Fourty- Distress
Chapter Fourty One-
Chapter Fourty two-

Chapter Eight- Battle of Amon Hen

21 0 0
By fictionfamous

After breakfast we went to go see Lady Galadriel once more before we left.
I had change into leggings, a deep blue- grey robe and did my hair with a few braids down the middle and sides.

She requested us all to be there, no one knew why yet.
We gathered in a line, waiting by the water.
Galadriel came over in a boat, It was in the shape of a beautiful swan.
Celeborn came over to us and handed us each a cloak, with a leaf broach to symbolise the fellowship.

"My gift for you, Legolas is a bow of the Galadhrim, worthy of the skill, of our woodland kin", Legolas held the bow and brushed it with his fingers.
We hadn't spoken since last night, although we gave a smile here and there.
"My gift for you, Alena, My grandchild, is also a bow of the Galadhrim. These bows are stronger than others and it's string is of an elve's hair", i looked down at the bow, it was beautifully detailed and had such power i could tell.
"I also give you another necklace, again Evenstar but has the power to heal.", she placed a small velvet pouch, with gold strings on either side of it.
"And for you Sam wise, elvish rope", she turned to face Gimli, "What gift would a dwarf ask of an elf?", Gimli look down, "To gaze upon the Lady's beauty once more", he blushed shyly.

There is nothing greater i could give", Galadriel said, holding Arwen's Evenstar around Aragorn's neck", "But her love".
"These are the daggers of the Noldorin, they have already seen service in war", she turned to Pippin,
"Do not fear, you will find your courage".

We all bid farewell to the Lady, I would miss her. I may not see her again for some time.

We started loading our boats.
Legolas walked over to the hobbits and picked up their bags, "Lembas, elvish way bread", The hobbits walked over, he took a bite of the corner of the bread, i watched his lips carefully.
"One small bite is enough to fill the stomach of a grown man", he turned to face Merry and Pippin.
"How many did you eat?", Merry said, turning to face Pippin, "Four", he. said whilst burping.

We entered the boats and began to sail down the waters, by the forests.
"Come, Sit with me", Legolas said whilst reaching out a hand", I took it and he helped me get on safely.
I stared at him whilst he slowly sailed with the wooden paddles.
He smiled seeing me staring into the distance.

We sailed down the river before i heard something, i looked to the trees and felt another presence, not any elf or man.
"Legolas" i whispered, " Athon, Alena?",
"There is something else with us, we are being followed", i said whilst looking to the dark trees.

We stopped and rested on a shore, our boats tied up. I noticed Boromir looking out at the waters.
"Gollum", he turned from the stone to look at me, "I hoped we would loose him on the river", i said looking at him covered by a branch,
"He is too clever a watersmen", Aragorn said whilst walking away.

We continued down the river, past two giant statues, before stopping to continue on foot.
We parked the boats on another bank and Aragorn and Gimli discussed a plan.
I noticed Legolas walking over to the trees, he had seen something, "I see it too", i said whilst walking up too him, He turned around, "We must leave now", Legolas said, trying to warn Aragorn, "We must wait for the cover of darkness", Aragorn said defensively.
"It is not the eastern shore that worries us", i said walking over from the trees.
"A shadow under threat has been growing in my mind", Legolas said , scanning the darkness of the woods.

I look around to find Frodo, but he was not here, neither was Boromir.
They must have gone for a walk, i concluded, still feeling a presence in the woods.
I felt heat from my pocket, it was the necklace Galadriel had given to me,
"Alena", Legolas said whilst walking towards me, "Let me help you", Legolas stood behind me, he moved my hair to one side and opened the bag with the necklace. I felt his soft touch on my neck as he thread the chain round my neck and back to clasp it.
I turned around to face him and stared into his eyes, they are truly beautiful.
He held onto my waist and leaned in,
"Will you two stop it and help me find Aragorn!", said Gimli, clearly amused at the scene he had just stumble upon.
"Yes, Gimli", said Legolas looking rather annoyed.
"What's that?", Gimli pointed at my neck.
I looked down, the necklace glowed blue.
"Orcs!", i shouted, "I knew we weren't alone", Legolas said whilst grabbing my hand and running towards the forest.
We ran until we saw Aragorn, he was kneeling in front of Frodo.
"Aragorn!", Gimli shrieked,
We reached them, "Aragorn, Orcs", I said holding my necklace pendant towards him.
I got an arrow ready, and walked round the stone ruin to the opening of the forest.
"Run", Aragorn said.
"Run!", He yelled.
I watched as Frodo ran away into the forest.
Aragorn drew his sword and held it in front of his face then down again.
The Uruk-hai started to run at us. I shot two down from a far before more came running towards us, there were many.
"Find the halflings!" yelled the biggest, he must be their leader.
I drew my sword and span it in my hands before swinging it at one of them, slicing its head clean off its shoulders, "Go!" shouted Legolas, telling Aragorn to go find Frodo.
We continued to fight, I got an arrow and stuck it into a Uruk's face before shooting it at another that ran towards me.
I noticed Legolas was circled, i drew my sword once more and ran towards him, sticking my sword in and up the spine of one in my way.
"Legolas!", i shouted, before stabbing another that jumped from the trees.
"We should go, Find Aragorn", Legolas said whilst taking out his sword from the stomach of another Uruk.
We ran into the forest, "The horn of Gondor". Legolas turned to look at us.
We ran down the slopes of the forest and followed the sound of the horn.

I saw Boromir, fighting with the hobbits, he protected them against a big group of Uruk's that were growing in number.
I stabbed a few more, before seeing more come running down the hill.
I sliced my blade across one's neck before  seeing the biggest. He carried the white hand of Saruman.
"Aragorn!" i yelled, he continued to fight but looked over at me, "The big one! bring him down!", i said whilst throwing a knife at an archer aiming for Gimli.

The hobbits threw stones at the Uruk's that came from the east, they were trying to close us in.
I saw the leader place an arrow into his bow.
"Aragorn! Bring him down, Now!", i shouted, pushing my sword against a weapon that was trying to pierce me.
I looked at where his eyeline was, "Boromir", i whispered, running at more Uruk and swinging my swords across their bodies.
"Boromir!", i cried watching him turn to look at me before being hit with a arrow.
The hobbits stopped what they were doing and looked at Boromir with shocked expressions.
He fell to his knees and the leader growled.
Boromir got back up and shouted as he continued to fight with an arrow pierced through his chest.
"Aragorn!, Come with me", he followed me up the hill towards the leader.
I stabbed more Uruk and got out my bow, placing an arrow into it.
I shot the leader in the leg, i was in shock. It roared and grabbed the arrow from its leg and threw it across the forest floor.
It growled and flared it's sharp, crooked teeth and began to walk towards me.
It drew its scimitar and clashed it into mine. He was strong, i felt his strength being pushed into me, my feet bagan to slide trying my best to push him off.
I thought i would give up, as i was losing strength before an arrow came flying into his side. He roared once more and yelled at his fighters, "Kill the she-elf! Find the halflings!", they turned to face me and began running towards me, I killed many as these ones weren't very skilled with a blade.
"Alena!", Legolas and Aragorn came running towards them and killed the final lot that i did not manage yet.
Another arrow shot into Boromir, this time hitting his stomach.
Boromir moaned in pain.
The leader growled even fiercer than before seeing that he was still alive.
He shot one more arrow and Boromir fell once more.
The hobbits screamed in fury and picked up their swords and ran towards the Uruk.
They were picked up and carried away.
I stood back, frozen in shock.
I saw the leader walk over to where Boromir was, on his knees and gasping for breath.
He placed a final arrow into his bow, standing only a few feet away from him.
He growled at the thought of ending Boromir for good.
It was then when Aragorn came running from the side and jumped onto the leader , and swung his sword at him.
They both fell to the ground before Aragorn got up and ran toward him. The Uruk threw his shield at Aragorn causing him to be pinned in place by his head to a tree. He struggled to break free, the leader ran toward him holding his sword with both hands, ready to behead him.
"Aragorn!", i cried, trying to run to him but Legolas held onto me.

I ran to Boromir and knelt next to him, holding his hand for his final moments.

Aragorn broke loose and rolled onto the ground before grabbing a dagger and sticking it into the leaders leg. He growled loudly and pulled it out of his thigh before licking the blood off it and throwing it at Aragorn.
Aragorn swung his sword, knocking the dagger out of his reach. He cut off one of his arms before stabbing it in the stomach, the Uruk growled and pulled the sword deeper before Aragorn took it out and cut off its head.
His face was full of dirt, his mouth filled with blood.

"It will be okay", i comforted Boromir, whilst sniffing, trying to keep in my tears.
I held his hand in mine and held against my chest.
Legolas ran over and stood on top of the hill looking down on the scene with sorrowful eyes.
"They took the little ones", Boromir said between short breaths.
"The Ring is beyond our reach now", Aragorn said quietly, "You fought bravely", he said whilst placing Boromir's sword into his hand and onto his chest.
"Farewell, My Friend", Aragorns said whilst kissing his forehead and hands.
Seeing how he was turned by the ring scared me.
I got up and stared at his body, the three arrows piercing through him.
"Senda n- as tye, -esse i esse -o eru ni aist- your fea", i said softly.
I looked around for Frodo but him and the other hobbits were gone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

293K 8.1K 28
This story follows Erillin Undomiel, the youngest daughter of Lord Elrond and sister to Lady Arwen. A courageous young elf who longed for more than t...
2.3K 106 54
A quest to destroy the Second Ring and save Middle Earth. As it now, many challenges they will face. Friendship and hardship may burden their hearts...
17.3K 394 27
Lauren is a sensible elf but she is also the daughter of Lord Elrond. One day when her farther made her attend a secret council meeting, she must car...
440 5 9
Short story. King Thranduil looks into the past after he ends a love affair his son was involved in. The heir of the Great Greenwood, before it fell...