Listen To My Stupid Heart β™‘

By imaginesnher

"Arini, I have told you this for hundred times and I'm telling you again. I don't love you, will never love y... More

❀
Listen To My Stupid Heart πŸ’•
Characters & Aesthetics
1. The First Meet 😌
2. A Real And Rare Stupid πŸ˜’
3. Math Tutor πŸ‘¨β€πŸ«
4. He Believes Me
5. Yeh Mausam Ki Baarish πŸŒ§πŸ’™
6. Abh yeh Anubhav kyun 🀨
7. His Jealousy Makes Her Cry
8. First Kiss β™‘
9. Behen Toh Bilkul Nhi!! πŸ™…β€β™‚οΈ
10. Red Day πŸ”΄
11. Gussa Out Of Control πŸ’€
12. Best Friends πŸ’
13. Farewell 🏡
14. That Angry With Me?
15. Missing Each Other
16. Tum Jahan Main Wahan 😻
17. First Day Of College
18. Accident?
19.Bus🚍Ride
20. Freshers Party πŸ₯³
21. Secret Kiss 🀫
22. Ragging?!
23. Friends With Karan?
24. Crazy in Love?
25. College Trip
26. Truth And Dare Went Wrong ❌
27. Don't Leave Me
28. Arini is Safe
29. Amusement Park 🎠
30. Confession
31. His Stupid Only 🐧
32. Library KissπŸ“šπŸ’ž
33. Jelly Jelly Shrey 😀
34.'Hum' Zindagi Bharke liyeπŸ’—πŸŒ»
35. Teasing πŸ˜†
36. Karva Chauth
37. Girlfriend hi hai πŸ§β€β™‚οΈ
38. Diwali Date πŸͺ”
39. Bhabi Knows
40. Sick
41. Cuts
42. Reality
43. The Call
44. Finding The Truth
45. The Stunt
baat karo mujhse koi
46. Love You Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow
47. Karan
48. A Good Day
49. Lizard Between Our Kiss
50.Bromance b/w AnuShrey?
51. Finally A Job
53. Mehendi πŸ’š
54. Family's Love
55. Shaadi 🌼
56. Ant Bhala Toh Sabh Bhala ✨
57. First Night
Epilogue
THANK YOU
Bonus 1
Bonus 2
Bonus 3

52. Will You Marry Me? πŸ’—

4.1K 277 180
By imaginesnher

Mere se padhai nhi ho rhi 😁💔

🌻🌻🌻

After 6 years

Shrey's pov

" Shrey please pass that bowl " Nodding to Anushka, I passed the bowl of curry to her. All of us were gathering in a family dinner at Arini's house. Time flied so soon that I could not even understand when I passed 5 years with Arini. My life was better than before now. Problems are less now, moreover I have the love of my life too with me.

Mom, dad are happy with my job. And I am giving them rest as they deserve that. What could be better than this for a middle class boy who always wanted to have peace in his life?

" Shrey tum kya kha rhe? Chicken lo ek aur piece " I was brought out of my own thoughts and looked at my plate. It was Arini who served me another piece of chicken.
( shrey what are you eating? Here's chicken for you )

" Apne chair pe beitho aur khana khao jao "

( sit on your chair and eat. Go.)

I told, eyeing her to the chair. She was sitting beside her mom, dad. I don't like how one keeps on serving another one instead of eating her/his own food. And I will never allow Arini to do this. We can eat together and serve each other, right? Isn't it the best?

Nodding to me, she silently went towards her seat and started eating. A smile curved on my lips looking at her. Does she know that a small gift is waiting to meet her in my pocket ? No, she doesn't know and I wonder what would be her reaction when I'll give it to her. Haha.. I'm little excited.

Our families were talking. And I was always uninterested in these kind of conversations. They mostly talk about other relatives, their sons, their daughter in laws. That's so stupid and boring for me to gulp down. So my focus was on Arini and food.

" Nahi nahi.. Humara shrey ghar ka kaam bhi kar deta hai.. Sunday ko jab ghar mein rehta hai " ( no. Our shrey does all the chores on sunday when he's at home) My gaze went to mom as she suddenly praised me. I could not help but gave a soft smile. All of them looked at me and I was nervous now. I mean... Ghar ka kaam hi karta hu.. Ismein itna kya hai?

( I only do the chores. What's so big in that?)

" Shrey apni biwi ko kaam nahi karne dega "
( shrey won't let his wife anything )
Vivek uncle laughed saying that. I smiled looking at Arini as internally my mind spoke 'haan apke beti se kaam nhi karaunga'

( yeah. I won't let your daughter do a thing)

" Aur ek humari Arini " ( and here is our arini ) And I looked at my Arini with a small smirk. " Ek kaam nhi ata isko? Pucho zara gas on karna bhi nhi ata isko shayad " ( does she know a single work? Ask her if she knows to turn on the gas or not) Her mom shook her head in disappointment and the pout on Arini's face, went bigger.

I'm so worried what will happen to her after marriage? " I wanted to aunty to not worry when she said that. I can teach my wife cooking after marriage.

" Sikh legi. Bacchi hai abhi " Came my mom's comment.

( she will learn she is a kid only)

" Bacchi? " Rishita aunty asked in shock. " 24 ki hai yeh abh"

( kid? She is 24 now)

Yes, she is 24 and I am 25. Good pair, right?

" Ladke dekhna suru kardiya kya abh? " Now it ruined my mood. My mom wants to her own daughter in law to marry someone else. I sighed thinking that.

( we started looking for her marriage)

After the age of 20 or 22, parents, relatives, neighbors everyone starts bringing up this same topic 'shaadi kab karoge?' ( when will you marry?) This is so irritating. And when it turned to Arini's marriage, it successfully ruined my whole mood. Our relationship was still hidden so she needed to listen to it silently without any answer.

" Kaun shaadi karega isse? Ghar ka ek kaam nahi janti hai yeh" Aunty replied to my mom. I surely didn't like that comment.

( who will marry her? Does she know any work?)

And my mouth couldn't stop from saying,

" Koi baat nahi aunty. ( it's okay aunty ) Wedding is not about doing chores. It's about two hearts helping each other in life, loving each other, giving warmth to each other, promising each other for a life time love , growing together, holding each other. What's the need of anything else aunty? "

" Yeh sabh kahaniyon ki baat hai Shrey.. Asli zindagi mein kon itna sochega? She needs to work, know the basic works of a house, know the cooking at least if she is getting married."

( these are talks of stories Shrey.. Who think like this in real life?)

I shook my head as I couldn't agree with her. My lips hold a smile while saying the next words, " Par mujhe lagta hai ki Arini jis ghar mein jayegi use wahape bohot pyaar milega. Even if she doesn't cook properly. Uski jaali hui khana bhi hum haske kha lenge "

( but I think in which home Arini will go, she will get so much love. Even if she doesn't cook properly. We will eat her burnt food happily)

" Hum? "

( we?)

I didn't realise what I said until when Anushka repeated that one word 'hum'.

I coughed and drank water. Shrey, you spoke too much. Stop it.

" We will eat that happily but not everyone beta" Arini's mom said that. And I was saved that she didn't pick that 'hum' word in other way.

I focused on my food again and suddenly Vivek uncle told something, gaining our attention again.

" Well I wanted to tell you all... Kal ek rishta aya tha Arini ke liye. The boy is so good, has a really good job, salary is good too. Kya kehna hai apka sabka? "

I spun my head Arini as I was unaware of it. She didn't tell me too.

" Arini ka kya kehna hai? " Jai jiju asked.

( what is Arini saying?)

" What can she say? Obviously 'no'. But I'm not letting this rishta go " Her mom said again. Why are they being like this? I frowned looking at the food. Now it was not even looking tasty. My appetite was died for tonight.

" Fir shaadi pakka hogaya kya Arini ka? "

( then Arini's marriage is fixed)

Everyone started laughing all sudden but me and Arini couldn't join that.

" No " I uttered looking up. For one minute everyone stopped, everything stopped. They all looked at me including Arini.

" Uncle, Aunty, Mom, dad.. I want to tell you all something " I could understand Arini's shocking eyes laying on my face. This wasn't our plan to spill the truth like this. Both of us were waiting for a right time but don't know why today, all sudden my mouth spoke that line.

" What is it? " They asked.

I took a breath before starting, " Y.. You don't have to find anyone for her marriage" My gaze shifted from their faces to my Arini's face.

" Matlab? "

( what do you mean?)

Everyone was looking at me with thousands of questions but I was focused on Arini. She seemed to shocked, surprised and scared as well. I gulped before parting my lips. Suddenly I saw Arini shaking her head little. Maybe she understood my intentions. But I needed to finish it today.

" Because I want to marry her " I finally said that and still looking at my girl.

A thick silence spread there. There were noises of questions in that silence I knew and I wasn't even stepping away from those questions.

" Matlab? "

(What do you mean?)

Again the same question came. I changed my gaze and looked at our parents. Those old eyes were searching for a proper answer.
" We both love each other. " I said the truth. "And I want to marry her " Now all sudden magically my all fears, tensions vanished away. For some years I was scared to accept my love for Arini as I never thought I'm the perfect man for her. I was always insecure but today at this moment I don't know how all sudden I forgot about my all insecurities. The only thing I knew was I couldn't see Arini with anyone else.

" I want to promise in front of you all that I will make her the happiest. I will try my best. She is already the queen of my heart and I want to treat like one in real. "

My voice was shutting down slowly as I wasn't getting any answers from elders. Only their shocking eyes were fixed on me and Arini. An answer didn't come. I was getting scared now being honest. Won't they accept us? I gulped when Vivek uncle asked Arini,

" Kab se chal raha yeh sabh? "

( from when is this all going?)

Looking down, Arini murmured, " Long...Bhaiya bhabi ke shaadi se pehle se bhi"

" Why didn't you both tell us before? "

We both stayed silent after that. My heart was beating very fast. If it was my situation, I wonder what is happening to Arini. She was even sitting closer to her parents.

Some bad thoughts started rising in my head. I was already making sentences to convince them if they say 'no'. But that killing silence didn't stay for long.

They all busted into laughter.

I looked up being confused.

Suddenly aunty rushed to my mom with a bowl filled with sweets. She pushed a sandesh in my mom's mouth. " Muh mitha kijiye Gitika ji "

( taste sweet )

" Mujhe apni bacchi ke liye Shrey se zyada accha kon milta? " Vivek uncle said and now I could feel it being true. They agreed!

( who would be better than Shrey for my kid?)

" Aur humein Arini se zyada acchi bahu kahan milta? " Said my mom, dad.

( and where would we find better bride than Arini?)

" Hoye Shrey, I didn't even understand... You did this under my nose " Jiju teased us.

My eyes caught Arini's face again. She was having a shy smile, sometimes looking up at us, sometimes down at her lap. I could feel my eyes getting moistened now. Finally... Finally everything is happening.

" Then fix their engagement as soon as possible. "

" Ek aur baat, Shaadi se pehle zyada pass mat jana ek dusre ke "

( and another thing, don't get closer to her before marriage )

They said to tease us. I could do nothing but smiled only.

( play a romantic song to enjoy!)

After dinner, everyone headed towards their room. We were staying here tonight. So I was in the guest room, waiting for everyone to sleep so that I can go and meet Arini and give her that gift.

But before I could wait more, she, herself came to the room with a big grin on her face. She quickly locked the room and come to me running. " Shreyyyyyyyyyyyy.... Shaadi kar rhe hummmmmmmmmm " She said like a kid when she is given her favorite lolipop.

( shreyyyyyyy we are getting married)

I could feel the joy in her eyes and that made my lips break a smile too.

" Mujhe badi khushi ho rhi shreyyyyyyy" Saying that she stood up on the bed and started jumping.

( I am very happy Shreyyyyy)

" Stop stop stop " I tried to stop her from jumping when my own smiles weren't stopping. Our marriage just fixed today, obviously how can we both stay calm?

" Arini ruk jao abh ( stop now) " I said grabbing her hand when she started jumping on her bed. She obviously is a baby.

" Muh mein dard nhi hota kya? Tabse has rhi? " Said the person whose own smiles weren't stopping. I could remember all those days of our school. We were students, now we'll be husband- wife. Excitement was rushing all over my body too. And seeing her this much happy, broke my limits of happiness.

( isn't your mouth hurting? You're smiling from so long)

" Shrey I can't believe we are getting marriedddddddddd " She came down from bed in a jump and wrapped her arms around my torso.

Ruffling her hair, I squished her nose. She scrunched her nose suddenly and looked so so so much cute. Cuter than anyone. My Arini! Her nose was red.

I didn't want to take my eyes off from her no matter for many hours I'm watching her, I know I can watch more. I slipped my hand to my pocket and took out something. She tilted her head to see what I was doing but I quickly hide my hand behind my back.

" Ahhh naah.. Close your eyes " I said.

" You have surprise for meeeeee" She clapped and jumped making me laugh. Ohh she is a cutieee.

I nodded before saying, " Now close those eyes or you'll ruin the surprise "

She shook her head and said, "nhi nhi ( no no) I want surprise. " Closing her eyelids, she even palmed them. But that grin was always there on her face.

I took her hand slowly and started kissing her fingers one by one. I saw her shivering a little when my lips placed the first kiss on her pinky finger. Soon my her palm over my lips and kissed there.

And then she opened her eyes and looked at me directly, placing kisses on her palm.
" Ufff.. You ruined your surprise " I tried act like I was annoyed but that failed already when her face seemed red to me. So so so much red.

Sometimes I think, if this little things can paint red like this, then what will happen when she'll be under me, doing some nasty things with me.

Only the thought of this gave a mischievous smile on my face. I finally opened my another palm and show her what I got for her.

It was a small ring. A really small and simple one but I couldn't afford more than that. And I really have no shame to bring it for her as I know Arini knows to give importance to everything, be it the smallest and simplest gift of her life. She is really incredible.

I was looking at her face nervously even though I knew she'd appreciate me but still some unknown reasons were making me nervous. Soon her eyes started becoming teary making an 'o' in my mouth.

" And you had to cry on this great day? "

More tears came and she shook her head. " You don't know for how long I was waiting for this"

That sentence made me teary almost.

" Arini I have something to tell you " I breathe looking at her before wiping that tear.

Her hand was still in my hand and I kneeled down in front of her. But my actions were making her cry more.

She shook her head again and again saying, " Shrey don't do this. Main maar jaungi abh "

( I'll die now)

I slapped slightly on her palm when she said that. But she shook her head more and more warm tears followed the same way.

" No shrey please" She put a hand on her chest and added, " My heart is beating very fast shrey.. Don't.. "

" Shh.. I want to propose you like those movies. Let me do that "

She pressed her lips together to stop that sob. " Shrey... I'm so happy that my eyes ended up bawling... You don't have to do anything anymore " With that she sat in front of me too and held my hand.

" No I have to " I tapped on her fingers before whispering, " Stand up Arini... Let me finish it"

" Nahi. Main bhi beithungi...... A... Agar tum beithoge toh... Samjhe? "

( no. I'll sit too if you sit, understand?)

I just smiled. I was out of words. Some tears left my eyes too but I ignored wiping them and stated while putting that ring in her finger,

" It's a promising ring. I'm promising you that I will be always by your side, to listen to you, no matter how silly talks you have, to hold your hand, no matter how much sweaty they are, to make you smile, no matter how much your eyes betray... just like now... to make you feel loved, to make you feel proud of me " I ended while wiping her eyes.

"seriously you are the best thing that happened to me ever.. I repeat EVER. I'm sure enough that you'd never ever leave my side so today, I want to make you feel this too that I will be by your side always, you don't have to click pictures alone, don't have to make memories alone. If you fight, I will sort it, if you cry, I'll wipe tears, if you become immature, I'll be mature and we will fulfil each other's. 'Us' will be forever. FOREVER Arini "

She came closer and cupped my cheeks, " Stop there. You had squeezed enough my heart, not anymore. You're doing it since I was in 10th. " A tear fall. " Come on! I only have one heart, how many times will you win it? "

I chuckled while wiping that.

" But I really didn't do anything. Did I? "

" You did. You do. Always do. " She yelled. Is she angry or emotional? Her tears are coming out too.

I shook my head. " I'm bad at expressing. You have expressed your love enough but Maine kya kiya tumhare liye aj tak? " My throat felt heavy when I uttered that last line.

( what did I do for you till now?)

" Pyaar ka ehsaas dilaya " Her fingers moved on my cheek. " Pyaar ek itna meetha ehsaas hota hai yeh samjhaya. Kya behtar ho skta isse zyada? "

( you made me feel loved. Love is a sweet feeling, you gave me the feeling)

" Do you know how much I love you? That I want to take part with you in everything. In your success, in your sadness, in your hard days, in your sickness, in your pain, stress, tiredness, in your heartbeat. " She added and broke into tears. I was weeping too.

I wiped her eyes again and took her hand to the left side of my chest. " Your stay is here Arini. "

Her eyes followed the direction of my hand and I added. " In my heart "

" Uffff " She chuckled in tears and I chuckled too. " shrey main bol rhi ki mat rulaooo " She cried more but this time shouted at me cutely.

( shrey I'm telling you to not make me cry)

" Humari jodi haste hasate hue acchi lagti. Yeh emotional chizein mat lao " She walked to me by her knees and was about to wrap me in a hug but I stopped her.

( we look best while we are laughing. Don't do these emotional things)

" Bhul gye? Shaadi se pehle no pass ana" I reminded her elder's words.

( did you forget? We can't get close before getting married)

Arini pouted. Standing up, she started walking towards the door. I also stood up and asked,

" Where are you going? "

" Main bhabi ke room se sindoor lane ja rhi. Karlo shaadi abhi mujhse. "

( I'm going to sister in law's room to bring the vermillion. Marry me now)

I couldn't stop my laugh and holding her hand, I pulled her closer to me. She hit my chest and I locked her in arms. " Itni jaldi kya... Let me ask you before... " I pushed a few strands of her hair behind her ear and muttered in her ear.

( what's so rush?)

" Will you marry me Arini? "

She bit her lower lip and closed her eyes. Soon a big smile appeared in her. She was blushing so hard, her face was dipped the shades of crimson.

" Kya lagta tumhe shrey main mana karungi kya? " She asked looking at me making me chuckle.

( what do you think, I'll say 'no'?)

I shook my head and said, " Is zindagi mein zaroor nhi "

( never in this life)

" Nah is zindagi mein, nah us zindagi mein, nah kisi zindagi mein "

( not in this life, not in that life, not in any life)

🌻

🌻

🌻

🌻

🌻

🌻

🌻

🌻

🌻

🌻

🌻

🌻

🌻

🌻

🌻

🌻

🌻

🌻

🌻

Kesa tha?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73K 5.7K 18
Samira , when develops a huge crush on her senior Aahan , things don't go her way; will her life change? or this crush ends just like how most people...
217K 11.1K 56
Plot twist : Your crush loves you back!πŸ’˜ Join Spruha and Varad in their love journeyπŸ§‘πŸ’™ π—šπ—Ήπ—Άπ—Ίπ—½π˜€π—² ~ "Varradd!! We're so close!" She said stutt...
1.8M 97.5K 70
Aarav Ahuja a 2nd year college student, son of a rich business man. He is a very quiet and calm boy, he loves to keep his pain and thoughts to himsel...