THE RHYTHM OF US: RYEJI

By IknowthatYouknow17

WRITTEN IN ENGLISH (GXG) "The Rhythm of Us" is a captivating story of friendship, tension, and the delicate d... More

THE RHYTHM OF US
Chapter 1: Not Your Friends to Lovers
Chapter 2: Another Girl (not me)
Chapter 3: Kisses (not for me)
Chapter 4: Crush (not her)
Chapter 5: Relationship (not us)
Chapter 6: Sudden Guest (Not So Coincidental)
Chapter 7: Heated Moments (Not What I Planned)
Chapter 8: Not So Anticipated Encounter
Chapter 9: Prepared (not really)
Chapter 10: Roommates (not your typical drama)
Chapter 11: Naked Truths (I'm not feeling this)
Chapter 12: Back to Reality (not looking forward)
Chapter 13: Amusement Escapades (not for the faint-hearted)
Chapter 14: Would've been (not in sync)
Chapter 15: Keys and Colors (not a typical entry)
Chapter 16: Party For Two (not so Subtle Chemistry)
Chapter 17: Starry Night (not ready to speak)
Chapter 18: Remembering to Forget (not ready to talk)
Chapter 19: Lingering Taste (lips are not so sweet)
Chapter 21: Seductive dance (Not a Game of Truth or Dare)
Chapter 22: Flickering Lights (not missing her)
Chapter 23: Twirls (not with her)
Chapter 24: Gazes (Not Looking Away)
Chapter 25: Distractions (not going home alone)
Chapter 26: Conversations (Not About Feelings)
Chapter 27: Iced Latte and Love (not exactly)
Chapter 28: Smiles (not romantic, just snowboarding)
Chapter 29: You (not the right timing)
Chapter 30: Chaotic Mornings (Not The Ideal Start)
Chapter 31: Messages (not as simple as 'Hi')
Chapter 32: I Want You (Not Holding Back)
Chapter 33: Behind Closed Doors (not open for discussion)
Chapter 34: Fleeting Moments (not to be forgotten)
Chapter 35: Leaving, Staying, Loving (not an easy choice)
Chapter 36: Leaving, Doubting, Confusing (Why Not Say Goodbye?)
Chapter 37: Taste of Tequila (not erasing her)
Chapter 38: Whispers (not heard)
Chapter 39: Time (not in our favor)
Chapter 40: The Rhythm of Us (I am betting on us)

Chapter 20: Resonant Tides (not Broken Bonds)

275 10 9
By IknowthatYouknow17

Yeji's POV

"It sure would be nice to help those kids," Lia mused, her eyes reflecting a blend of compassion and uncertainty.

"I really don't know how to deal with kids," Chaeryeong confessed, her gaze fixed somewhere far away.

"Yeah, kids actually scare me too. Babies are fine, but kids, they just exude this energy," Lia admitted, a note of trepidation in her voice.

"We seem to share the same sentiments about kids, then. How about you, Yeji?" Chaeryeong redirected the conversation towards me.

My mind was a whirlwind of conflicting emotions. The events of the previous night played over and over in my head like a haunting melody.

She was gone when I woke up, with Hyunjin mentioning something about her running off. The confusion in her eyes, the aftermath of a hangover, left me wondering-did she even remember what had happened?

"Yeji!" Chaeryeong's voice snapped me back to the present.

"If this is about last night, we're sorry. You're right; we should've stopped her before it got worse. Don't avoid us," Lia pleaded, her eyes filled with genuine concern.

"What are you talking about?" I replied, attempting to conceal the turmoil within.

"Is there something wrong?" Chaeryeong pressed on.

"Nah," I responded too quickly. I could feel their skepticism, but I tried to redirect their attention.

"I'm fine, just thinking about another potentially tiring day," I assured them, my smile a mere façade.

"Yeah, you're right. So, you hate kids too?" Lia asked, attempting to lighten the mood.

"Huh?" I stammered, caught off guard. Both of them fixed their gazes on me. "I mean, they're fine. 'Hate' is a strong word."

As they walked towards the bus, we put our things. The search for seats commenced, and Chaeryeong's suggestion led us to a spot she deemed suitable. "Let's sit here," Chaeryeong declared, her eyes scanning the area behind us. Lia and I nodded in agreement, following her lead.

I positioned myself at the very side, drawn to the window where I could rest my head and gaze outside, seeking solace in the passing scenery.

"Do you want to sleep?" Lia asked, breaking the silence. I nodded, appreciating the understanding in her eyes.

As time passed, the rhythmic hum of the bus became a lullaby, and I succumbed to the weariness that clung to me.

Sleep claimed me, offering a brief respite from the questions that plagued my mind, at least for a little while.

The gymnasium bustled with excitement as they entered, a cacophony of laughter and chatter filling the air. The vibrant energy of children and their parents created a lively atmosphere.

A clown, adorned in colorful attire, stood at the center of the stage, ready to entertain the eager audience.

The clown, with a mischievous glint in their eye, seized everyone's attention. "Why did the bicycle fall over?" they exclaimed, a playful grin stretching across their painted faces.

Lia, Chaeryeong, and I exchanged curious glances.

"Because it was two-tired!" the clown delivered the punchline, and an eruption of laughter echoed through the gymnasium.

Lia and Chaeryeong laughed but I couldn't bring myself to join the laughter around us.

As the entertainment continued with mesmerizing magic tricks, engaging games, and lively performances, the gymnasium transformed into a realm of enchantment.

The laughter and cheers of children intertwined with the supportive applause of parents, creating a symphony of celebration.

Amidst the festivities, the student council president of our school approached Lia, Chaeryeong, and me.

"Hey there! Later, we're organizing a coastal cleanup, but for now, enjoy the food program and have fun," they announced with enthusiasm.

"I'm already having a blast," Lia exclaimed, her eyes reflecting genuine joy.

"I'm so excited!" Chaeryeong chimed in, her excitement contagious.

"I'm glad to hear that. Okay, let's work!" the student council president encouraged, rallying our spirits for the upcoming activities.

I offered a subtle smile, appreciating the sense of community that enveloped us.

When the festivities drew to a close, we collectively took on the responsibility of cleaning up the gymnasium. Each of us played a part, meticulously restoring order to the once bustling space.

Lia, Chaeryeong, and I exchanged contented glances, a silent acknowledgment of the shared experiences that had woven us together.

As the echoes of laughter gradually subsided, replaced by the rhythmic sounds of cleaning, I found myself immersed in a moment of quiet reflection.

The day had been filled with shared joy and camaraderie, yet my thoughts involuntarily drifted to Ryujin, wondering where she might be and how she was faring amidst the coastal cleanup.

Boarding the bus once more, we arrived at the picturesque coast, its beauty marred by the scattered trash that awaited our attention.

"This will be tiring," Chaeryeong remarked, her eyes surveying the coastline.

I couldn't resist injecting a bit of humor, half-jokingly saying, "Can't wait to go home?"

Laughter erupted among us, momentarily breaking the initial solemnity of the task at hand.

Lia's excitement was palpable as she exclaimed, "Oh my gosh! Are you seeing what I'm seeing?"

Intrigued, Chaeryeong questioned, "What do you mean?"

Following Lia's gaze, I discovered Ryujin engaged in conversation with the student council president.

Lia couldn't contain her excitement and dashed towards Ryujin, who greeted her with a radiant smile.

My heart quickened its pace as Chaeryeong followed Lia's lead.

"Hey, let's go," Chaeryeong called out to me, breaking the spell.

I nodded, suppressing the swirl of emotions within, and joined the path toward Ryujin.

Attempting to divert my gaze, I resisted the magnetic pull between Ryujin and me. However, as our eyes inadvertently met, a fleeting connection stirred between us before both of us quickly averted our gaze.

"Let's start cleaning," I asserted, eager to redirect my focus. I left the scene, determined to immerse myself in the coastal cleanup.

The group engaged in the task at hand, picking up trash along the coast.

As I reached for discarded items, my mind swirled with a myriad of emotions. The rhythmic sounds of the waves provided a backdrop to the unspoken sentiments that lingered beneath the surface.

I couldn't shake the awareness of Ryujin's presence nearby, each shared glance or avoided gaze carrying a weight of its own.

Lia's voice echoed across the shore, "Guys, come on! Let's make a game out of this. Who can collect the most trash in five minutes?" Her enthusiasm injected a playful spirit into our efforts.

With renewed energy, Chaeryeong and I embraced the challenge, our competitive camaraderie lightening the atmosphere. We exchanged a determined glance, silently acknowledging the unspoken contest that had sparked between us.

Lia, ever the lively instigator, took charge, counting down the minutes with infectious enthusiasm.

Amidst the task, a guy suddenly interrupted, saying, "Hey, you should just rest; your pretty hands will get dirty," attempting to hold my hand.

I continued my work, not dignifying his comment with a response.

Undeterred, he persisted. "Hey, don't be afraid. I have no intentions to do anything to you."

"I'm fine, just clean there," I replied, focusing on the task at hand.

"This actually is not my forte," he admitted, pouting.

"Maybe you should be the one to rest; your pretty hands will get dirty," I retorted, offering a smile.

He chuckled and extended his hand for a shake, saying, "By the way, my name is-" But before he could finish, Ryujin cut him off.

"I believe your talents would shine brighter in the art of cleaning rather than handshakes," Ryujin quipped, her eyes serious.

The guy, momentarily taken aback, immediately found solace in the task of cleaning, leaving any introductions for another time.

I had no intentions of confronting Ryujin or engaging in conversation, so I continued with my cleaning.

Amidst the laughter and shared efforts, the coastal cleanup became more than just a task; it became a bonding experience.

As we gathered the last remnants of trash, the coastline transformed before our eyes-a testament to the impact a collective effort could achieve.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm and golden glow over the coast, our group paused to bask in the beauty of the transformed landscape.

Lia, radiating with pride, declared, "Just take a moment to appreciate what we've accomplished!"

Unable to resist, I stole a glance in Ryujin's direction. There she was, immersed in conversation with the student council president.

She wore a serene smile, exuding a calm and peaceful aura, mirroring the tranquility of the gently lapping waves.

As if sensing my gaze, her eyes met mine, and in that fleeting moment, I found myself captivated, unable to tear my gaze away.

====================
A/N: Hold onto your seats, readers, because this marks the end of Yeji's POV. The upcoming chapters will be Ryujin's Point of View, so get ready for a switch in perspective! Enjoy the ride, and, oh, a little reminder-keep that ITZY hype alive, please stream their releases, and mark your calendars for the album drop on January 8, 2024.

PS: Christmas just got even better with Chaeryeong's solo dropping tonight, December 25! 🎄🎁

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.9K 1.3K 10
requested 💖 Polyamorous Imagines with ITZY! Ships that y/n will be paired with this book are: -ChaerLia -ChaeJi -ChaeRyu -JinLia -Ryeji -RyuNa -YeLi...
339 11 7
"I don't know how to say this, Ryu, but I like you. I really do. I would do anything for you. Please say you like me back."
13.7K 738 33
In a tale like the movies, love is a sweet dance. Jisu found Ryujin, a rose wrapped in chance. Scarred, yet shining, in love's risky trance, Will tho...
5.4K 167 12
// RYUJIN X YEJI // DISCONTINUED Ryujin was a hopeless romantic and Yeji had never believed in love and was known as a heartbreaker. Will Ryujin hope...