Pressure

By jmarley96

Enemies to lovers Two women in an office always compete for the top spot. There is constant arguing between t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 17

1.2K 27 5
By jmarley96

✨Sorry for the long wait 😅✨

Drew's POV

I always hear people say that there's a thin line between love and hate but it never really meant anything to me.

I thought it was pretty lame to be honest.

That is until, I experienced it first hand.

"Why do you move so much in your sleep?"

I laugh a little as the warm body beneath me cuddles closer.

"Sorry for disturbing your beauty rest."

She frowns and smacks my chest making me laugh.

"It's too early for you to be an ass."

I roll my eyes and softly kiss the top of her head, dragging my fingers along her lower back.

"Okay okay I'm sorry."

She smiles as I lean down to kiss her neck and I feel the heat rise in my chest when her hand grips my shirt.

"Mmm don't start something you can't finish."

I smile at that, remembering a certain someone trying to run away from me last night because they couldn't handle anymore.

I don't think anyone has ever been able to satisfy her this much.

Yes, I do sound a bit cocky, but this woman can go for hours.

I just can go a bit longer.

"You seemed to finish just fine last night. Need a reminder?"

Her cheeks heat up and she groans before pushing off of me and sitting up in bed.

"You are going to ruin walking for me if I stay in this bed any longer. Breakfast?"

I nod and sit up so that I can give her a kiss.

She returns it and smiles as I deepen it a bit.

"Stooop. Drew, you're driving me crazy."

"Good. I like crazy."

She laughs and shoves me back into the pillows before throwing on a shirt and heading to the kitchen.

I watch her walk away for a moment before checking my phone.

I haven't looked at it since I got off work so I know I'm going to have a ton of messages.

My finger glides across the screen as I scroll past the usual jargon but my hand pauses on a particular message I'm not used to seeing.

Call me.
Pick up.
Please...
Call back?
Urgent.

Now that I'm paying more attention, I actually have quite a few missed calls from them as well.

"Sabrina? What is she calling me for?"

I sit up and throw on a shirt, trying to think of all of the reasons why she would call but none make sense.

"Drew? Breakfast is almost done. Are you still in bed??"

I brush a hand across my face and sigh.

Whatever it is, it can wait.

She hasn't needed me in over 3 years so what's a little while longer gonna hurt?

The whole meal, I can't even focus on Valentina.

Thoughts of Sabrina actually needing me help keep running rampant in my mind and I can't help it.

What if she's hurt? Does she need money? Is she mixed up in something?

All of these are possibilities I can't ignore.

Maybe I should've called. Maybe-

"Hey? You okay? You barely touched your food. I know it's not the best but your fridge isn't the best grocery store."

I see the nerves creep up on her face and feel like the biggest ass hole on the planet.

"Oh no baby it's great."

I reach up and gently stroke her cheek as the color returns to her face.

"I'm sorry I just got a bunch of messages from work and my mind was occupied. I didn't mean to upset you."

She nods and kisses my lips before clearing the table.

"Well don't work too much. It is your day off."

I nod and watch as she starts to get dressed in some jeans and her shoes.

I tilt my head.

"You leaving?"

She smiles at me and sits in my lap at the table.

"Well I've kinda been neglecting my place for a week now so I should probably go over there to check on things. Besides, some time apart is good. You don't want to get tired of me too fast."

I smile up at her and kiss her soft lips.

"I'll never get tired of you princess."

She rolls her eyes playfully and drags me to the door with her.

"So, I'll see you at work in the morning? Or do you want to grab coffee on the way?"

I look down at her as she's checking her purse to make sure she has everything and the aching in my heart is telling me I really don't want her to leave.

We're both standing in the doorframe so I lean over her slightly and rest my arm on the frame above her head as I gently raise her chin with my fingers.

"You sure you can't stay? I'll be good, I promise."

I watch her physically melt against the door as I lean down to kiss her and for a moment, I think I've got her right where I want her.

Her hands grip my shirt along my waist and I'm about to pull is back into the apartment when I feel her body pull away from me.

"You call this being good?"

I nod my head and she laughs before kissing my cheek.

"See you tomorrow baby."

She gently pats me on the shoulder and saunters off down the hallway as if she didn't just almost cum on the spot.

"This girl."

I chuckle a little and close the door behind me, the silence slowly setting in but I don't let it linger.

"Alexa, play music by Ella Mai."

I like her music, but I still don't understand why she has to talk British at the end of every song.

I make my way into the kitchen and upon inspection of the fridge, i realize she's right.

Normally I just order take out or make something quick but since Val has been coming around, we've had to go to the store pretty often because in her words, a home cooked meal is good for the soul.

I love her cooking so I don't complain one bit.

Seeing her in my kitchen working her magic is also quite a sight. It makes me think about what the future could hold.

I toss on a jacket and head to the gym for a quick session before stopping at the grocery store and running a few more errands.

I get all of the essentials like milk, eggs, flour, meat, veggies. Nothing particular but I'm pretty sure we can come up with a meal with this stuff.

When I get back home and put everything away I'm actually kind of impressed. I don't remember the last time I had so much fresh food in here and it actually feels nice.

Maybe she is good for me, in more ways than one.

I check the time and decide to hop in the shower.

I don't know if Val plans to come back over tonight and the last thing I want is to hear her complaining about me smelling like sweat from the gym.

After I'm done,  I get out and I'm drying my hair when I hear a knock on the front door.

I'm not expecting anyone and Anna always texts before she comes over so it must be Val.

A smile spreads across my face as I toss on some joggers and a sports bra but purposely omit a t shirt just to tease her.

I make my way over to the door and eagerly swing it open.

"I knew you couldn't stay away. Why didn't you ca-"

My voice stops in my throat as I realize that the person on the other side of the doorframe is not Val.

"Drew...can we please come in?"

Standing in front of me is a soaking wet Sabrina with what looks to be a child bundled up in her arms with a thick blanket around it.

For a moment I'm stunned.

What is she doing here? Whose child is this? Did she walk here in the rain?

"O-of course. Here."

I reach behind the door and grab a coat, quickly wrapping it around her and ushering her inside.

"I'm terribly sorry for popping in like this Drew. His father left him with me and I tried to call you but I guess you were busy. I just have no where else to go and I don't knows what I'm doing and-"

I quickly shush her as the child begins to stir.

She's literally shaking right now from anxiety so I gently take the boy from her hands and lay I'm in the middle of my bed with pillows around him so he doesn't fall.

I then lead her to the hall and keep the door cracked enough for us to see him and sigh.

"What is going on Sabrina? Whose kid is this?"

She looks down at her feet, avoiding my eyes as much as possible.

"He's mine. I gave birth to him 2 years ago but his father gave me an ultimatum. Stay at home and raise him or leave and never see him again. I didn't know the child, I barely knew I was pregnant. I believed he would have a better life with me gone I mean, you-"

I hold a hand up to stop her as all of the information floods my brain.

She had a child? 2 years  ago, and didn't tell me?

"Why are you here,Sabrina?"

She sighs and leans against the wall, peeking in to make sure the boy is okay.

"I just need him to stay here for a couple of days. His father just dumped him on me and I have no arrangements for a child! I don't have a set home, nothing is properly set up, I dont even know what he likes."

I chuckle In disbelief as I rake my hand through my hair.

"And you think I do? Sabrina I don't know how to take care of a child."

"Well neither do I Drew! God this is why I shouldn't be a mother. I was so stupid!"

She stalks over to the couch and plops down, covering her face with her hands.

I go to follow her but I check one more time to make sure the boy is okay.

Her stretches and does that cute little thing babies do when they're trying to get comfortable and I feel myself begin to smile.

Poor guy. He doesn't even have a clue about what's going on.

I sigh and sit next to her on the couch, unsure of what else to say.

I'm not really upset with her. I honestly feel bad. I know Sabrina and she's not necessarily the motherly type. She'd never harm a child but being thrust into motherhood must be terrifying for her.

I reach my arm around her back and pull her over so she can lay her head on my shoulder.

I can tell she's surprised at first but soon relaxes against me as we lean back on the couch.

"Why do you always show up in crisis mode? Can't we just have a nice visit?"

She laughs a little and twirls her finger in the shirt I threw on while we hear getting the kid situated.

"You're my best friend Drew. I have to cause you a bit of chaos every now and again."

We both laugh at that.

After everything we've been through, all of the heartache and sadness always gets brushed to the side.

We were friends before everything. Best friends.

Us keeping that is the only thing that got me through those tough years.

I still have love for her, but I don't think I'm in love with her anymore.

I've got someone else moving up to that spot and I think I'm going to like the outcome a bit better.

"Well...you still suck."

She chuckles and I sigh and gently brush the wet hair off of her face.

"You're a mess. Go on and get showered and changed while I watch the boy."

She nods and we head back to my room, quietly gathering everything she needs to try not to wake the kid up.

As she's tiptoeing into the bathroom, I realize I forgot a pretty important detail about this whole situation.

"Hey, what's his name by the way? You do know that right?"

I look back towards her and as she lifts her shirt over her head, I'm waiting on the feeling.

Waiting for the pounding of me heart and the butterflies that normally surface whenever she's comes near, but i don't feel any of that.

She's absolutely stunning of course. She's a model for Christ sake.

But the attraction I used to feel for her only sparks for another now.

"Gabriel. His father named him, not me."

I nod my head and excuse myself while she showers.

I step into the hall and take a deep breath before calling Val.

Of course she's not happy about the situation but, who would be?

"I don't like to Drew. Something doesn't seem right. I should come back."

I sigh and lean against the wall feeling the exhaustion creeping in.

"No it's fine. I'll sleep on the couch and give them my bed. Everyone is tired and I don't think you coming over would be best right now."

I can feel the tension through the phone and I quickly come up with something to ease it.

"H-how about in the morning? For breakfast? Then everyone will be more at ease and we can all talk. Sound good?"

She growls a little.

"Fine. I'll use my key."

When we hang up I feel as if my heart might beat out of my chest.

I have this new life with the most amazing woman I've ever met but my ex who was my first true love is in my home with her child that I knew nothing about.

Why must the universe torment me like this?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.2K 507 24
When two best friends end up sharing a night filled with pleasure, one confronts feelings she never knew she had and the other tries to hide feelings...
43.1K 310 12
Just a story about two women doing gay shit because I need a girlfriend. WARNING: Contains smut, abuse, cursing, suicide attempts etc.
7.5K 412 32
Having already been hurt after falling for her straight friend Amy, Drew has vowed not to fall for anyone else at work. What's the point, when lovin...
3.8K 81 34
BOOK 1 "Stay here, please!" She blurted out making me confused until she cleared her throat before clarifying herself. "Or at least let me go with yo...