SERENDIPITY 「KJB」

Av DaeyeoLION

"There I was again tonight Forcing laughter, faking smiles Same old tired, lonely place Walls of insincerity... Mer

Prologue
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8
Day 9
Day 10
Day 11
Day 12
Day 13
Day 14
Day 15
Day 16
Day 17
Day 18
Day 19
Day 20
Day 21
Day 22
Day 23
Day 24
Day 25
Day 26
Day 27
Day 28
Day 29
Day 30 #FINAL
SPECIAL CHAPTER #1 : JUNG LEIA
SPECIAL CHAPTER #3 : KIM JIBEOM
SPECIAL CHAPTER #4 : CHOI SUNGYOON
SPECIAL CHAPTER #5 : THE LETTERS
SPECIAL CHAPTER #6 : KIM DONGHYUN & HA CHAERIN
SPECIAL CHAPTER #7 : BONG JAEHYUN & KIM HANNI
SPECIAL CHAPTER #8 : KIM AREUM
Epilogue

SPECIAL CHAPTER #2 : HONG JOOCHAN & JANG AYA

28 7 2
Av DaeyeoLION

Song suggestion while reading :
"Dear" - Golden Child

-1 year and 8 months later, in the mid November-

Joochan's storytelling
Joochan is reading the letter he got from Republic of Korea Army (ROKA) he just got. It's a call for him to serve his 1 year and 6 months of mandatory service. The official training will be in 2 months, January. He looks at the letter for a few times. He sighs.

RING! RING!

Joochan's phone rings. The call is coming from Aya. Joochan smiles. Aya makes a video call so Joochan picks up the phone.

"Oppa..? What are you doing?" Aya asks from the phone call.

"Oh nothing! I'm just preparing myself to cafe" Joochan says. Aya smiles. Through the phone call, he can hear a sound of crying baby at the back.

"What's wrong?" Joochan asks.

"Minseo has just woke up from sleep but he doesn't want to be soothed by me. Maybe he misses you" Aya says. She points the camera to Minseo.

"Minseo-ya~ Good morning~ why are you wake up crying?" Minseo is slowly becoming calm when he hears Joochan's voice.

"My boy.. Hong Minseo~ hey.. Appa's here" Joochan coos at Minseo who is opening his eyes. Minseo becomes calm. He slowly stops crying.

Hong Minseo is Joochan & Aya's first son. Yes! Everyone thought that Jibeom & Leia or Jaehyun & Hanni will be the first ones to get married but they are all wrong. It was Joochan & Aya! Joochan proposed to Aya 5 months after Serendipity. It was tough at first because Aya's parents were not really sure about their marriage because they were worried. At the same time, Aya was too young that time. Aya was their one and only daughter, one and only child. But Joochan managed to gain Aya's parents' trust, until they allowed them to get married.

Aya had just gave birth to Minseo 3 months ago, by a caesarean section as Aya chose for it. Now, Aya is living with her parents in Gimpo for postpartum care. Just a few kilometres from Joochan but Joochan chose to stay home because it's easier for him to manage his cafe.

After Joochan and Aya got married, they could see that their lives were improving little by little. Aya gave up on her studies after she got married yet she had a chance to open a new business. Therefore, she is now not only a painter but a jeweller too. A freelance jeweller. While Joochan has expanded his empire by opening new branches of his cafe in Suwon and Paju. However, their lives are becoming a lot more happier after the birth of Minseo.

* * *

"When are you going to return home with Minseo? I already miss you both" Joochan says. Aya laughs.

"Maybe next week" Aya says.

"Have you finished your postpartum treatment? Inform me when you wanna get home. I'll fetch you both" Joochan says.

"Yes I have! It's okay, oppa! My daddy said that he would send me and Minseo home later" Aya says.

"Can't wait to see you both!" Joochan says.

* * *

Joochan is just looking out the window. Sometimes he does watch his workers and baristas working. He sighs. How can he tell Aya about his enlistment? How can he bear with it? Joochan knows that it's a mandatory duty he has to serve as a Korean man but why now? When he has just got his business done and when his son is just almost 4 months old? Joochan sighs. He feels doubtful. A few minutes later, Jaehyun comes to the Beanery Cafe as Joochan informed him to.

"Jaehyun.." Joochan says as he sees Jaehyun. Jaehyun comes to sit at the table with Joochan.

"What's wrong? You seem like having trouble" Jaehyun says.

"Kinda.." Joochan says.

"Tell me what is it.." Jaehyun says.

"I just got the enlistment letter" Joochan says.

"What? Th-that means.. y-you are..." before Jaehyun ends his word, Joochan cuts it.

"Yes.. I have to enlist.." Joochan says.

"When?" Jaehyun asks.

"In January.." Joochan says. He sighs.

"Gosh.." Jaehyun says.

"Aya has just given birth to our baby.. I only meet them both for a few times.. I thought I'd have some chances to spend my time with them after this but.." Joochan says.

"Dude, you're just a few stations away from your in-laws' house! Why don't you come and see them?!" Jaehyun asks.

"I'm busy! Hence, my cafe in Paju is having a bit problem.." Joochan says.

"What?" Jaehyun is shocked.

"We are lacking of sales in Paju. It's now on risk of closure. I don't wanna tell Aya about it. I'm afraid that she'll be worried. I don't want her to think about it because I want her to have a peaceful postpartum care.." Joochan says.

"Dude, you're working hard for your family but you're doing it all alone.." Jaehyun says. Joochan sighs.

"What am I gonna do now, Kev?" Joochan looks at Jaehyun. Jaehyun sighs.

"By hook or by crook, you have to tell her.." Jaehyun says.

"How?" Joochan asks.

"Just show her your enlistment letter. I bet that she'll understand" Jaehyun asks.

"I don't want her to cry. I think.. I think I've seen her tears a lot.. she has worked very hard.. she gave up on her studies just because she wanted to be with me.. she had sacrificed a lot for me.." Joochan says.

"I know that you're a good man, Joo. But you gotta tell her because she'll eventually know when the time comes. It'll be more hurtful if she knows it late.." Jaehyun says. Joochan sighs.

* * *

Joochan gets home from his cafe at 11pm. When he gets home, he's shocked to see that Aya has already home.

"Surprise!" Aya surprised him with her homecoming with Minseo, their son. Aya is smiling widely to see Joochan.

"Honey! Why don't you tell me that you arrived?!" Joochan is shocked, at the same time, he's happy. Joochan takes Minseo from Aya's arm to his embrance.

"I just wanna make a surprise" Aya says. Joochan smiles.

"Minseo-ya~ hello~" Joochan coos at Minseo. Minseo puts a smile on his face when he hears Joochan's voice.

"What are you doing for tomorrow, Oppa?" Aya asks.

"Me? Hmm.. I think, I'll just going to cafe. There are some things I need to manage" Joochan says. Aya nods.

"What about you?" Joochan asks.

"Can I stay with you at your cafe?" Aya says.

"Yes you can! But won't you feel tired?" Joochan asks. Aya smiles.

"It's okay! Leia tells that you're inviting her to your cafe, right? I have to give her order from me too" Aya says.

"What order? But wait, you did it all during your postpartum care?!" Joochan asks. Aya smiles.

"She ordered an engraved ring for Jibeom! And.. yeah... but don't worry! I was just doing fine!" Aya says.

"Haist! I told you to rest a lot! Hmm.. What is it for?" Joochan asks.

"She says that it's an anniversary gift for Jibeom but.. I guess you got Jibeom's messages this morning, right? About the surprise he's going to make for Leia?" Aya asks. Joochan smiles and he nods.

"Shall we go?" Joochan asks. Aya nods enthusiastically.

"Yes!" Aya says.

"Oh.. what about Minseo?" Joochan asks while looking at Minseo. They forget that their lives have changed 360° after the birth of Minseo. And they realise that they haven't find a babysitter for Minseo yet.

"It's okay! My mommy says that she can take care of Minseo!" Aya says. Joochan nods.

* * *

The next day after Leia's after party, Joochan and Aya drive back home because they have to fetch Minseo. Joochan and Aya are happy to see the moment when Jibeom proposes to Leia. The best part is Leia said "yes"! Both of them are so happy! Finally, good friends of theirs are going to get married!

In the morning, Aya is having a simple breakfast with Joochan while Minseo is currently breastfeeding in Aya's arms. Joochan is feeding himself and Aya so Aya can safely hold and feed Minseo in her arms.

"Oppa, can we go out today? I'm bored to only be coming back and forth from home and my craft shop or studio" Aya says.

"Sure! Where do you wanna go?" Joochan asks.

"Anywhere possible. I just wanna have some walk.. and oh! I think I need to find some new clothes for Minseo. He's growing healthily now~ most of his newborn clothes aren't fit anymore" Aya says. Joochan laughs.

"Minseo-ya! You grew up very well!" Joochan says. He pokes Minseo's chubby cheeks. Minseo smiles while looking at Joochan.

*   *   *

Joochan comes to his cafe as usual while Aya and Minseo are left home. Joochan is going out with Aya and Minseo after lunch so he's thinking to get to work at his cafe first in the morning. When he arrives, Joochan enters his office. He is starting his day by monitoring yesterday's statistics of his cafe in Paju. They are still lacking of sales. Joochan sighs. What is he gonna do now? He seems like having a few doubts on it. His cafe in Paju is still new, but it doesn't seem to have any profit margins at the moment. Joochan sighs. If they can't achieve their target by the end of the year, he has to shut down his cafe in Paju completely.

*   *   *

At lunch, Joochan is going to Blue Square mall with Aya and Minseo in the baby carrier that wraps around Joochan's shoulders.

"What are the things you want to buy?" Joochan asks.

"I wanna buy some Minseo's clothes! And a playing mat for Minseo's tummy time" Aya says. Joochan nods. While walking hand-in-hand, they pass by a popular bookstore.

"Wait, I think.. I wanna buy some books" Joochan says.

"Eh? I thought you don't like to read books?" Aya says.

"I wanna buy some latest books for my cafe. I saw the wish board on cafe, some of the visitors did left notes to 'top-up' more novels.." Joochan says. Aya laughs.

"Okay let's go!" Aya says. Both Joochan and Aya, as well as Minseo, get into the bookstore. While walking into the store, they go to the popular books section. Joochan is randomly taking some popular books he finds, until he finds a book that catches his attention to read.

"Honey, look at this!" Joochan calls for Aya who's at that time is wandering around looking for some books too.

"Is this... Leia's?" Joochan takes a look at the "Top Seller Books" section.

"Oh?! Yeah! This is Leia's book!" Aya is excited to see it. Leia is now officially a writer. The notice says that Leia's book is being the top seller book this month. A novel with a genre of romantic fantasy, a story about a man named "Choi Sungyoon" who has a sixth sense needs to help a restless soul to find her body and her killer, suitable for readers at the age of 15 and above. Leia uses his brother's name in the novel to dedicate his beloved brother for the story. Aya takes a picture of it and she sends it to the group chat.

After the end of Serendipity, all members are sharing their lives in a group chat they made in KakaoTalk. All members are present in the group except for Chaerin. After Chaerin left them on Day 29, nobody knows where she is. She cuts contact from everybody as soon as Serendipity ends. It's still unsure what's the actual reason. They are thinking that maybe because Chaerin failed Serendipity. So does Donghyun but Donghyun moved on too fast. He was just okay with it. Oh, speaking of Donghyun? He has just finished serving his 1 year and 6 months mandatory service. Now, he's currently working at the same company as Jibeom's as he got accepted.

Jang Aya :
Leia!
We saw that your book in Blue Square Book Park!
And it's on the top seller section!
Author Leia is very famous now!

Hong Joochan :
I bought a few copies of your book for my cafes
And of course, for myself too😉

Jang Aya :
We bought 2 for each other
Because I don't wanna share my books with Joochan😌

Bong Jaehyun :
Eh?
You're married but acted like a teenager couple😂

Hong Joochan :
That's the thing you don't know about my wife😌
She can share everything of hers but not her books😌

Kim Donghyun :
Luckily Minseo is not a 'book'
I wonder if she can share Minseo with you too🫣

Jang Aya :
Honestly,
I don't wanna share if I can🫣

Hong Joochan :
How dare you😔
He came from me too

Kim Donghyun :
Ah
I am not involved in your domestic quarrels
Bye

Bong Jaehyun :
😂

Kim Hanni :
🙊

Jung Leia :
OMG!
Thank you so much Aya! Joochan!
It's such an honour!

Hong Joochan :
You shall give us your signature!

Jung Leia :
Sure! Sure!
I'll come to give you one when I come to meet Minseo!

Jang Aya :
Okay Aunt Leia!
Give Minseo your signature too!

Jung Leia :
Okay cutie Minseo!

Kim Hanni :
I watched the teaser!
It's actually unique because this is the first book I read that has its own 'theme song'!
Who sang your book's theme song?

Jung Leia :
It's actually my brother, Sungyoon!
He composed the song and sang it by himself!
We're just arranging his samples to make it more special

Bong Jaehyun :
Wow!
He's so talented!
You both are talented siblings

Jung Leia :
It's very honoured to hear you say that, Kevin!
Thank you so much🥺

Kim Donghyun :
Where can I listen the song?

Kim Jibeom :
On YouTube, Apple Music, Melon Music & Spotify!

Kim Hanni :
Search for "Fantasia"! You'll find it!

Kim Donghyun :
Okay!

Jang Aya :
If you buy Leia's book, she put the qr code too

Kim Donghyun :
I should buy one then!

*   *   *

At night, Joochan is pondering at the balcony of his house with the sliding door is closed, enough to show that he wants to be alone for a while. He's just looking at the night sky with the city lights shining through the night.

"Oppa.." suddenly Aya comes from behind and holds Joochan's shoulders. At the same time, she light-massaging Joochan's shoulders.

"Ah.. honey" Joochan looks at Aya. Aya then walks to him and sit next to him.

"What are you thinking about? I've been looking at you for a while. I know you have something you hide from me.." Aya says. Joochan smiles. He has been caught red-handedly by his wife but he doesn't bear to tell her yet.

"Nothing.." Joochan says. Aya holds Joochan's hand.

"Joo, I've known you very well. I can read every gesture of yours. Now, tell me. What is it?" Aya says. Joochan looks at Aya's eyes, deeply for a while.

"Is Minseo sleeping already?" Joochan changes the topic.

"Yes he is.." Aya says. Joochan smiles.

"You're changing the topic. I guess you aren't ready to share it with me.." Aya says. Joochan holds both Aya's hands.

"Honey, I.. I—" Joochan hesitates.

"It's okay. I understand. Take your time.." Aya says. Joochan sighs again.

"Anyway, I have something to give to you" Aya says.

"Something? What is it?" Joochan asks. Aya smiles. She takes Joochan's hands and brings him to their room.

* * *

Aya takes a box that looks like a gift box and gives it to Joochan. Joochan takes the gift box in confusion.

"What is this?" Joochan asks.

"A gift for you" Aya says.

"Eh? But my birthday has passed.." Joochan says. Aya giggles.

"It's not a birthday gift" Aya says. Joochan is still confused. He opens the box and he sees a knit-grey-coloured scarf with the word "Joochan Appa" embroidered on it.

"Wow! Are you doing this by yourself?" Joochan asks. Aya nods.

"When I was pregnant with Minseo, I knitted his first beanie and you said you wanted a knit gift from me too, right? I did this during my postpartum period.." Aya says. Joochan's face looks very happy with it. He tries the scarf right away.

"Do I look good with this?" Joochan asks. Aya smiles widely and she nods. Joochan grins.

"Thank you so much, hun! I'll use it this winter!" Joochan says.

"You can bring it during your mandatory training too.." Aya says. Hearing those words, Joochan's face changes. He looks at Aya in shock. That.. that's one of the things he wants to tell Aya but he hesitates.

"Honey.. y-you.." Joochan is in shock.

"I already know it, Oppa. I already know it.." Aya says. Her eyes become teary but she tries to hold her tears.

"H-how..?" Joochan is still speechless.

"I found the call letter.. the day I returned home, I found it straightaway. I found out that your cafe in Paju is having trouble too.. you don't have to know how I knew it.." Aya says. Joochan sighs.

"Why don't you tell me, oppa? Why are you hiding it from me?" Aya asks. Joochan sighs.

"I.. I'm ashamed of myself.. I.. I don't wanna see you cry.." Joochan says.

"Oppa, we're partners. You're my husband and I'm your wife.. every sadness you feel, I feel it too.. I feel even sadder when I found out that you're undergoing this alone.." Aya says.

"Hun, I just want you to only smile.. I only wanna see your smile.." Joochan says.

"How can I smile if you are hurting?" Aya's tears fall down. Joochan hugs Aya straightaway.

"Hun, I-.. I'm sorry.." Joochan says.

* * *

"About your cafe in Paju, don't worry about it too much, okay? I'll help you the best I can. Let's hope for a miracle from God to come and save us, okay?.. and.. about your mandatory service.." Aya stops. Joochan is just looking at Aya, patiently waiting for her response.

"Just go for it, okay?" Aya says.

"What about you? What about Minseo?" Joochan asks.

"We'll be fine. It doesn't mean like you'll be there for the whole sessions. You'll have your breaks and we can come to see you too. We'll be fine. You don't have to be worried.." Aya says. Joochan hugs Aya once again.

"I'm sorry.. I'm sorry.." it's now Joochan's turn to cry. Aya smiles.

"Aww don't cry, Oppa. You don't look handsome with tears in your eyes.." Aya says. She wipes Joochan's tears with her hands.

"For now, let's enjoy the remaining time left together with our little family, okay?" Aya says. Joochan smiles. He nods.

* * *

The next day, Joochan is in his office, doing his work.

TOK! TOK! TOK!

A manager of Beanery Cafe opens the door.

"Sir, you have a guest. She wants to meet you" the manager says.

"Oh sure, let her in" Joochan says. The manager nods. A few minutes later,

"Hey Joo!" A woman enters the office. Joochan smiles widely when he sees the familiar figure. It's Leia.

"Hey, Leia! What brings you here?" Joochan greets Leia.

"I have a proposal for you" Leia says.

"Interesting" Joochan says.

* * *

Leia informs Joochan that her publication company wants to rent his cafe in Paju for a conference of another author's under the same company as Leia. It's actually Leia's idea for the conference to be done at Joochan's cafe in Paju because she intentionally wants to promote her friend's business. Joochan smiles widely when Leia says that.

"Leia.. I-I.. I don't know what to say.. thank you so much.. thank you so much!" Joochan thanks Leia.

"It was the least I could do for you, Joo! I want people in Paju to try the taste of your premium coffee!" Leia says.

* * *

2 weeks has passed. After Leia's publication company made the conference at Joochan's branch cafe in Paju, his cafe in Paju is running pretty well! His cafe has started to be known by people, especially foreigners who come to Paju. Day by day, his sales in Paju increases sharply. Sometimes, Paju's branch daily sales did surpass Suwon's branch sales. Indeed, patience is beautiful. Joochan's cafe in Paju has been 'saved' by Leia and her company.

Aya is delighted to see Joochan's success day by day. But the most important part she can bear, Joochan is smiling everyday. That's the only thing she hopes for.

* * *

"Thank you so much, Leia. My cafe's sales in Paju is increasing day by day. I really have nothing to give other than thank you. Thank you so much" Joochan says to Leia when Leia drops by his cafe.

"Joo, you helped me by buying a few copies of my books. That's the least I can do to help you" Leia says.

"A small gesture you do is a butterfly effect to me, Leia. Tell me what can I do to thank you personally, Leia.. I wanna thank you" Joochan says.

"It's okay! I do it just to help you!" Leia says.

"No! You helped me a lot! Tell me something I can do to pay you.." Joochan says.

"Are you serious?" Leia asks.

"Yes I am! This is not a joke!" Joochan says.

"Erm.. okay.. then.." Leia says.

"Tell me" Joochan says.

"I knew from Aya that you know to play musical instruments" Leia says. Joochan looks at Leia.

"Ah.. yeah.. violin, guitar and piano" Joochan says.

"By that.. can you.. be my wedding violinist at my wedding? You don't have to perform all the time.. we're planning for you to just perform after we exchange our vows, before we leave the aisle" Leia asks.

"Your wedding is.. in early January, right?" Joochan asks as he's afraid if he might have already gone for his mandatory service that time.

"Yeah. On the first day of January. You.. haven't gone for your mandatory service yet, right?" Leia asks.

"Oh yeah.. I'll go at the 2nd week of January" Joochan says. Leia nods.

"You want me to be your solo violinist?" Joochan asks.

"Yeah.." Leia says.

"It's such an honour to perform at your wedding, bride-to-be. Yes I will" Joochan smiles. Leia smiles widely.

"Thank you, Joochan!" Leia thanks Joochan. Joochan smiles widely.

* * *

At night, Joochan is playing with Minseo. Minseo is now almost 4 months old and he has already learned to smile and laughs. While playing with Joochan, Aya can hear Minseo's laugh in the living room.

"Wow Minseo~ you laughed well when you're with Appa" Aya says when she comes to the living room with a cup of coffee for Joochan. She puts the coffee on a table near Joochan.

"Of course! Minseo is a daddy's boy, right Minseo?" Joochan says. Minseo smiles. Aya smiles while looking at them both.

"I wish this moment will never end. I wanna see this for a longer time.." says Aya in her tiny heart.

-To Be Continued-
✔️vote
✔️comment
✔️share

A/N :
Tbh these two are my favourite couple in Serendipity :P

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

4K 194 16
Genre: Fantasy/Sci-Fi/Angst Your name on this unique planet is Chang Y/N, a professional fighter pilot player who trains in the Skystrike Academy to...
707K 40.8K 79
Story by cutegir2002 ** A story about The CEO of Jeon Passion ent. Jeon Jungkook and his secretary Kim Taehyung. Two exactly opposite people, with tw...
66.9K 3.7K 20
[COMPLETE] ATEEZ wooyoung/san "he's just so perfect. do you know heather? for me, that's him." "..dude, heather's a girl." (full synopsis inside) -a...
21.3K 610 76
**Boys and girls compete in the first co-ed competition to become an idol in a coveted new K-pop Group.** Beom Giovanna, with her two million Instagr...