SPECIAL CHAPTER #6 : KIM DONGHYUN & HA CHAERIN

Song suggestion while reading :
"One Call Away" - Charlie Puth

RING! RING!

Chaerin's phone rings early in the morning. Chaerin, at that time, is preparing herself to work picking up the phone.

"Good morning, sunshine~" a familiar voice greets her early in the morning. Chaerin smiles. It's the voice she loves to hear every morning. The voice of her fiancé, Kim Donghyun.

"Good morning, adeol~" Chaerin greets Donghyun back.

"Have you taken your breakfast?" Donghyun asks.

"Not yet. I'm still preparing myself" Chaerin says.

"Oh okay~ but hey, you don't have to prepare yourself much. You're already beautiful" Donghyun says. Chaerin laughs.

"But I should've looked good at my first day, right?" Chaerin says. Yeah, today is Chaerin's first day at her workplace in South Korea after almost 2 years she spent in Budapest, Hungary. She'll be working as a contract developer for 2 months before she'll be whether accepted as a permanent developer in the company or not. Chaerin is trying to working hard and at least to get her permanent job as it's her promise to Donghyun, which they'll get married after she gets her permanent job in South Korea.

Chaerin is an independent woman. She wants to achieve her dreams yet before she gets married so she can help Donghyun financially. It's not like Donghyun doesn't have a stable income yet, but they both have plans a lot for their future, including if they would have kids in future, they want their offsprings to live in wealth. Donghyun agrees even though it's Donghyun's dream to be the breadwinner of his own future family.

"You'll do well. Good luck, love! I'm sorry, I can't take you to your first day of work" Donghyun says. Donghyun is currently in Tokyo, Japan for work.

"It's okay! Take care in Japan! Make sure to bring me a lot of souvenirs!" Chaerin says.

"Of course! What is the thing you want the most? Tell me.. I'll buy it. I'm going to Shibuya later today" Donghyun says. Chaerin says.

"But.. make sure to bring anything related to pikachu" Chaerin says. Donghyun laughs.

"You love pikachu a lot, huh?" Donghyun says.

"Of course! Because it reminds me of you, Detective Pikachu!" Chaerin says. Donghyun laughs, recalling his own nickname in Serendipity "Detective Pikachu".

"Hahaha of course I'll buy you one. Oh, I think I need to go now. I'm sorry! Take care darling! Good luck!" Donghyun says before he hangs up the call.

*   *   *

Chaerin comes to her work place in a good mood. When she arrives, her presence is welcomed by all her colleagues and her boss. She comes with some other contract workers as well, so she gets to get to know each other better. Chaerin is a friendly person when she gets along with others pretty well. It becomes a good start of her.

*   *   *

Two weeks later, Chaerin has become comfortable with her new environment. She shows a very good attitude and performance so she is able to get her confidence up. While doing her work, she has been approached by one of her colleagues named Evan. A Canadian-born Chinese man who has been working with the company over 5 years; more to say, her team leader.