The Blue Mage (Wanda Maximoff...

By Reszer

What is worse? To run and hide, or to fight and die? Victor Faust, who once befriended the Maximoff twins, mo... More

Chapter I - Apple Pie
Chapter II - The Blue Mage
Chapter III - Red and Blue
Chapter IV - Burn
Chapter V - Promise
Chapter VI - Grief
Chapter VII - Step by Step
Chapter VIII - Merlin, Part 1
Chapter VIII - Merlin, Part 2
Chapter IX - Light
Chapter X - Before the Storm
Chapter XI - Civil War, Part 1
Chapter XI - Civil War, Part 2
Chapter XI - Civil War, Part 3
Chapter XI - Civil War, End
Chapter XII - The Prodigal Son
Chapter XIII - Before the Night
Chapter XIV - Nightmare, Part 1
Chapter XIV - Nightmare, Part 2
Chapter XV - Love and Tears
Chapter XVI - Sugar
Chapter XVII - When Plans Fail
Chapter XVIII - The Battle for Wakanda
Chapter XX - Burned Hands
Chapter XXI - A Ring for a Gravestone
Chapter XXII - Broken Arrow
Chapter XXIII - Girl from the Mirror
Chapter XXIV - Unknown Trial
Chapter XXV - It Was Agatha All Along
Chapter XXVI - Chains
Chapter XXVII - The Penance Stare
Chapter XXVIII - Love and Tears
Chapter XXIX - In Miracles We Trust
Chapter XXX - Time Heist
Chapter XXXI - No More...

Chapter XIX - Gods and Minds

270 23 78
By Reszer

Steve Roger's POV

As soon as the small blue light in the sky disappeared in leviathans' mouth, he screamed.

"No, no, no, this isn't happening. They can't lose him like that. Wanda is going to kill him." His thoughts moved rapidly as he punched and kicked enemy after enemy. They were getting swarmed. These multiple-limbs dogs and the Chitauri were too much.

"We need Wanda here right now." He thought. As he apologized ever so deeply to Victor, he was trying to turn on his earpiece and call Maximoff on the field. However, the leviathan that swallowed Faust groaned with pain. The bellowing voice pierced through the chaos of battle. Steve looked up and saw the thing being incinerated from the inside out. In the blink of a million blue sparks, it disintegrated entirely, and Victor flew to the ground. Steve immediately rushed to his landing. He used his black Vibranium shields to crush bones, rip limbs left and right just to get to Merlin.

He saw him laying face down in a small crater. His blue cloak, tattered and bloodied. His body slowly twitching as a subtle blue light moved through his limbs.

"Victor!" He got inside the crater and tried to help the younger man.

"I'm alive." He groaned being turned around. Steve released one of his biggest breaths of relief. Victor's skin was pale, almost translucent, but his eyes maintained that deathly blue color.

"You are all right?"

"I'm peachy." Steve chuckled and helped Victor to his feet. Faust snapped his fingers and the entire gore and blood from his clothes disappeared. "I need to go back into the sky."

"Maybe don't let them eat you again?" Victor took a deep breath as his skin gradually gained healthier color.

"Just what he has learned over his time with Wanda?"

"Why? It's great fun. You should try it. This thing has more metal inside than flesh." Their talk was disturbed by a volley of blasts from the Chitauri who were flying on golden chariots. Surrounded, Steve, instinctively tried to shield them; however, Faust created a thin blue aura that covered them and their surroundings. As Victor narrowed his glowing blue eyes, the energy bullets frozen in the air. After a second, with a loud grunt, the blasts gained a deeper blue color and were sent back, killing all the attackers. 

Unfortunately, it did little good. They were immediately swarmed by another wave of dog monsters. They were one second from being torn limb for limb when the earth started to shake. The cacophony of a crash was followed by a something surging through the air surrounded by lighting. It cut through the aliens that attacked them. Once both men stood up, they saw the source of it all. In the center of the field stood Thor, now holding a massive axe with a red cape flowing behind him. Beside him stood... Was this a walking tree and a raccoon?

"Oh, thank God." The only thing that mattered what that Thor was here.

With a vicious battle cry, Thor jumped into the air and the sky turned pitch black. As he dropped the axe to the ground, he released a thunder strike so big it created a line of pure goodly power that for a moment separated the defenders from the aliens.

"Now we are talking!" Victor rushed forward and soon they rejoined the fight.

With the presence of the God of Thunder, the Avengers quickly gained the upper hand. Both Thor and Victor became a literal force of nature as they unleashed their powers on the aliens. However, they needed more than just brute force. That's why Steve ran to Thor and threw him a spare communicator.

"Good to see you, my friend! I noticed a change in your looks! The beard suits you." Thor beamed at him with a wide smile as he hacked everything around with his axe.

"Thanks. Nice haircut." Another dog alien pounced on Steve, but with a few well-placed punched with his Vibranium shields, it dropped dead. "Thor, we need you in the sky. Take out all those ships while we focus on the ground."

"With pleasure!" With a might roar, Thor flew upwards and immediately buried this thunder axe in the head of one of the leviathans, sending the behemoth into the ground in the shower of lighting. He surrounded himself in black, thunderous clouds as he surged thought the sky. The Chitauir tried to run away from the upcoming storm.

Victor Faust POV

Cleaning his glistering forehead and neck from sweat, he gathered energy and released a swarm of hungry insects from his mouth. The thick, dark cloud of bugs eagerly flew and stared to devour attackers. Their screams filled him with great satisfaction.

"No one will move past me."

Naturally, the universe had to correct him. The ground started to shake, but this time it was different. Even amidst the vortex of screams, grunts, and explosions, this rumbling coming from the ground seemed... metallic. It was impossible to ignore.

Then Victor saw the ground rising and moving like a one giant tidal wave. His legs felt weak as the earth wave moved under the shield of Wakanda and spew out enormous running wheel-like vehicles that were covered in blades. They were like running saws. These machines ripped through the forests, ground, and people alike, permanently altering the previously plains into a field full of ripped holes, craters and destroyed nature.

"We need to deal with those things!" Rhodey shouted as he with Sam and Wakandan gunships focused fire on one of the saw-machines.

Victor took a long breath and prepared himself. He waved his hands in a complex patter, which almost broke his fingers during training. He then levitated above the ground for a better view and shot out black and blue chains. One by one they dig into the saws and once he had them all, he guided them at the attackers. Like improvised yo-yo's, the machines now wreaked havoc among the attackers. 

Victor closed his eyes due to the strain this had on him, which is why he didn't see the crane weapon flying at him. With a crushing pain in his chest, he dropped to the ground, losing control of the chains. Victor screamed as the metal shifted into something akin to a claw and bind him in place. This hulking brown alien rushed at Victor with a nasty grin twisted on his scaly face.

Victor was saved by none other than Hulkbuster. Bruce Banner rushed at the alien and engaged in a vicious fist fight, saving him from the alien's weapon. Sadly, his inexperience had shown, as a few seconds later his suit was missing an arm. Faust was about to join in, but a massive wave of multi-limb dogs approached him. Victor licked his lips, fighting with pain and numbing muscles. Looking around him, the ground was littered by broken bodies of the attackers. He needed a distraction to help Bruce.

"I can't hold back. Don't hold back. Just do it, Victor." First, he pulled out an emergency Matilda leaf and started chewing. He then prepared himself and raised his hand. For the first time in his life, the magic he brought forth was not blue but rather sickly green. He felt a profound wave of disgust as the air was filled with the scent of rotten meat. The color, smell, everything reminded him painfully of Edmund, but he can't hold back if he wants to keep Wanda safe. So he slammed this green light into the ground and let it spread through the dirt like a rotting disease. The surrounding bodies all dawn the green hue and rise. The spell like puppet strings animated cold and broken corpses, filling them with one purpose: fight.

The dead aliens met the alive ones, and soon both sides teared each other to pieces. Victor joined Bruce, feeling repulsed at himself for using one of father's spells he found in the dark corner of the library. Banner was being pressed down by the hulking alien, who was hell bend on ripping the suit open. Victor put on his invisibility spell, sneaked closer, conjured a sword with blue energy and cut off the alien's exposed head.

Doctor Banner screamed in surprised as Victor dropped the spell and kicked the severed head away.

"That was easy... Are you all right, doctor?" As Victor asked, he started to feel light-headed. Try as he might to ignore pain, one more hit like that, and he might not get up so quickly.

"Just about. Thank you." Bruce sluggishly stood up. His suit was not just missing one arm, but it was filled with cuts, dents, and it spews out yellow sparks sporadically.

"You are sure Hulk won't come out? Perhaps I could try some-"

Suddenly, something changed in the air. It seemed like not just everyone felt that, but nature, even the planet as well. The air carried a thick veil of cold that seemed to dig into Victor's skin. His senses screamed, terrified of what just appeared. In the distance, over the barrier, amidst all this chaos and destruction...

Thanos has arrived.

Victor touched his earpiece.

"Cap, Thanos is here."

"You positive?" Victor couldn't help but shiver as his breath quickened.

"He feels like a fucking light up Christmas tree up my ass. Yes, I am positive. He's close to those black ships outside the barrier."

There was a long pause. Meanwhile, the defenders were pushing aliens further from the city.

"I'm busy with our horned friend, but will join all soon." Natasha spoke through the communication.

"Listen up, everyone," Cap continued. "Thor, you need to clear the sky completely. Leave no ship standing. The rest of us will stall Thanos until.-"

Everyone's attention turned upwards as a giant portal appeared in the sky. From it poured out an impossibly enormous avalanche of snow and hail. He couldn't stop it in time, and neither can Thor. Not without preparation. Thanos will destroy them in one swoop!

Then the sky turned red.

The avalanche, seconds before burying everyone in a white grave, was stopped by a red light that was soon turned to scarlet fire. Flames started to slowly eat away the ice that kept pouring from the portal. Victor narrowed his eyes and immediately saw Wanda Maximoff standing in the field. Her hands, glowing with magic, were raised to the air as her body twitched under the impossible pressure. Victor started to run towards his love. With a few shorts jumps, when he disappeared and reappeared in puffs of smoke, he stood next to her.

"Wanda, what are you doing here?!"

"Saving you." Her voice was raspy due to the strain. She could barely keep her eyes opened as move ice and snow poured from the portal. "You... Can't be everywhere..." She groaned slightly, and her scarlet fire burned brighter in the sky. It moved closer to the portal, pushing the avalanche back. "God, it's so much."

"Let me help." He was already gathering magic in his hands.

"No!" Wanda cursed under her breath, and her hands glowed with even greater intensity. "I can handle it. You need to go to Vision I-" Another groan escaped her lips as she dropped to one knee. The portal just grew twice its size.

Before Victor had a chance to respond, he saw something in the corner of his eye. Vision was flying through the air and fighting off the same thin and tall alien from Edinburg.

"God dammit Vision." The android crash-landed on the field, still fighting the assassin. "Wanda, can you close this portal?"

"Yes... But I need time." Wanda growled through gritted teeth. She spared one last look at Victor. Their eyes gazed deeply into each other. "I love you. Now go and help ketchup."

Victor winked at Wanda and rushed to Vision's side. Unfortunately, he was delayed by a pack of dog aliens who tried to jump on him. Victor simply raised a large stone that was previously exposed by the saw machines and chucked it at them. Without looking back, he blinked in a puff of smoke and reached Vision location.

He arrived just in time to see alien's spear piercing Vision's throat.

Victor let out a furious scream as he saw android's body turn dark and limp. Like someone cut off puppet strings, Vision's body was thrown to the ground. His radiant eyes turned milky white and colors disappeared from his synthetic body. The Mind Stone was the only remaining source of light. The source that was currently being ripping off Vision's head.

Faust blindly released a jet of blue flames, which was easily dodged by the assassin. The alien waved his new mechanical arm and spun his weapon.

"You will pay for what you did to me." Its voice was low, like something was pressuring its throat, but Victor only saw red.

"No, I won't." He released his anger by forming a spell in his mouth. He started to chew furiously and then spit out a black blob of gooey substance. It started to mold, shift and grow. Alien, not wanting to see the end, rushed at Victor. However, the black substance already morphed into a giant green mantis with serrated blades and a shark's mouth. The insect met alien in combat and after a quick exchange of blades, it began devouring him alive. Normally, Victor would be pleased, however now he was kneeling next to Vision's dead body and felt empty. His body was getting increasingly tired. Throwing around so many spells can do that to you. The mantis, after finishing its meal, flew away to join the fight.

"All of this was for fucking nothing." Victor tapped his earpiece and said.

"Everyone, Vision is down. I repeat, Vision is dead. I wasn't fast enough." There was silence, which only made him more worry. "Anybody copy? Cap? Natasha? Sam?" As he looked into the sky, he saw that Wanda was gradually pushing back the avalanche. Even if the portal was growing bigger and more ice was pouring down, she kept it under control. Then finally he got a response.

"Sorcerer, you need to protect the Mind Stone! They pinned me down in the sky. I need a few more minutes. I will destroy their ships and fly through this avalanche." This was Thor speaking.

Victor's mind started to work. He still felt Thanos presence and it was getting closer. Closer to him and the Mind Stone.

"Thor is in the air. If Thanos is moving and others aren't responding, it means they are already down. Wanda can't move, if he gets to her, she is dead." His eyes were focused on the Mind Stone. The gold light felt so warm. So strong. "Thanos will get to the stone either way. I need to keep Wanda safe. Yes... No holding back."

Victor looked at his family signet for a moment. He then started to wave in every enchantment and protective spell he knew. Blue runes were carved into the silver surface. He picked up the Mind Stone and with a quick breath, he placed it into his signet.

He felt like he swallowed a sun.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for reading.

If you liked it, please don't forget to comment and vote. I truly appreciate it!

I think everyone can imagine the next chapter will be a big one ;) 

Take care!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 306 22
You are the younger sister of Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. You are younger by three years and six months. They are extremely protective of you. All of...
2M 93.9K 83
Half the population returned. Wanda Maximoff was labelled an 'anomaly' and an official criminal in sword's eyes. But now she's moved away to a cabin...
152K 6.6K 62
As Wanda Maximoff tries to navigate a life without her brother she forms a bond with former enemy, Natasha Romanoff. The question is, will the bond b...
11.5K 929 57
Book 3 in the Maximoff series. If you haven't read either of the books before, please do so. There is a short summary of book 2 at the beginning but...