The Beginning After the End...

By RubyRemi

Our protagonist wakes up in the world of TBATE, amnesia plagues his mind as he struggles to recall his last l... More

Chapter 1 - End of the Tunnel
Chapter 2 - The First Awakening
Chapter 3 - The Second Awakening
Chapter 4 - A Light Spar
Chapter 5 - The Leap
Chapter 6 - Lady Sylvia
Chapter 7 - Theory In Practice
Chapter 8 - The Rebel
Chapter 9 - The Rebel II
Chapter 10 - Zestier
Chapter 11 - Bestowal?
Chapter 12 - Xyrus
Chapter 13 - Checkmate
Chapter 14 - Auctions
Chapter 15 - Baselines
Chapter 16 - Older Sister(s)
Chapter 17 - Beginning a New Adventure
Chapter 19 - Game of War
Chapter 20 - Entering the Web
Chapter 21 - Scars
Chapter 22 - Realm. . . Heart?
Chapter 23 - Relations

Chapter 18 - The DC

205 9 4
By RubyRemi

Remington Leywin

Xyrus Academy

We entered the grand, rune covered building heading towards the check in counter. Elijah and Art leading, I motioned to Sylv as we snuck off. Arriving at a hidden door, we opened it to reveal the backstage area of the auditorium. Cynthia sat in an arm chair as a group of students stood not too far from her. They seemed to be rehearsing their lines. "Welcome, you two! Thank you, for following my directions." Cynthia said, not one of the students looked over at us.

'Tess, Lilia, Jarrod . . . Clive is there too I suppose. I wonder when Sylv's going to notice.'

I shifted my weight to my right leg as Sylv gave a small curtsy. "It's always a pleasure to see you, Cynthia."

"I must say you two look wonderful in academy attire. Also your both scholar mages? I must say with the skill sets you both have I am quite surprised. I take it Arthur is also a scholar mage?" Cynthia said resting her head on the back of her hand. "You three have a tendency to stick together from what I've gathered."

At the mention of Art, Tess' ears perked up. She began to look around till her eyes landed on us, eyes widening in surprise and joy.

"You'd be right in that assumption. We, however, owe you gratitude Cynthia for allowing Sylv and I to skip the check in." I said grinning.

{Do you see Tess over there?}

A flood of excitement flooded through our link as she finally noticed Tess. Tess started making her way over to us, Lilia following. "Of course, Remington. However, since you owe me, I'd like to cash that in."

I sighed mentally as I knew exactly what she was going to ask.

Sylv, Tess and Lilia had a small reunion as I discussed terms with Cynthia.

———

After the introduction of the Student Council, Sylv and I followed Cynthia as she began explaining the Disciplinary Committee to us or more so Sylv. She originally asked, if either Sylv or I could be second in command but we swiftly denied. Being in DC was more than enough in our books.

We arrived at the DC quarters where she gave us a tour of the accommodations and much to my confusion our rooms. Cynthia insisted on such and planned to offer Art the other DC members the same thing.

'I don't believe this was apart of the story. I wonder how many members are going to accept the DC quarters as their dorms.'

Cynthia proceeded to tell us of the current students she is going to invite into the DC. Among those was a name I had not expected. But due to our own anomalous existence I shouldn't exactly be surprised. Circe Crestless, or Milview I should say, an Alacryan sentry responsible for the mapping and invasion of Elshire Forest. If I recall correctly, she had 3 chapters dedicated to her pov of the war.

"Well, that is all you need to know about the DC. I appointed or will be appointing Claire Bladeheart as Captain, she will be deciding her vice." She winked at us. "Tomorrow, will be your introductions to each other and to the school as a whole. And don't worry Art will be invited, too. I am sure he will join once he hears of you two being involved."

{I kinda figured she'd try to keep the 3 of us together, I mean we even chose the same classes.}

[I think we're getting a tad bit too predictable.]

{Agreed.}

"And just so you two know, your Captain will be down here soon enough. Your uniforms are in your rooms, try not to get out of hand will you." She left as the two of us stood rosy cheeked. Shaking my head, I looked around the room examining the best possible places to secure safety measures.

'Can't be too careful with two Alacryans now.'

"I suppose we should go get changed shouldn't we?" I said making my way to the door with my initials engraved on it.

{I can feel your excitement oozing through our link. Just how excited are you about starting school?}

[Well, it was really nice to see Tess and Lilia again. Not to mention the special privileges we're getting is a nice plus. Especially, with how we had to live as adventurers. I mean, we each have our own private bathrooms and showers. It's fantastic!]

I chuckled as I stepped back out into the DC's lobby, now dressed accordingly. Walking to each wall conversing with Sylv as I inscribed a symbol onto each one. A dual rhombus surrounded a sphere, its face composed of hexagons. Sylv having changed accompanied me as I finished inscribing the symbols.

"Ah your setting up that field spell we've been working on." Sylv asked as she peaked around my shoulder.

"That I am. You were a huge help last time we attempted it. Due to the mana consumption I hypothesized that we both have to activate it as it's too risky for one of us to drain ourselves." I said finishing the last symbol. Sylv moved to add her mana to establish and hide each symbol. "With that being said currently it is difficult to insta-cast or even conjure the spell due to the complexity."

In the end this is a precaution against both Dranevee's attack and the Lances when they arrive to arrest Arthur. I was left wondering if Lucas was still going to rebel or if he was going to change due to Bairon. I suppose only time will tell.

'We do have an extended amount of time after all.'

I thought back to twisting Gideon to slow the construction of the Dicatheous until we had provisions against the replicating of the design.

Just then Claire walked in, her scarlet red hair swaying behind her as she noticed us. "Oh, I must say you two are extremely early. We don't meet until tomorrow morning."

"Claire Bladeheart, it is wonderful to meet our captain. I am Sylvie and this is Remington. Cynthia did inform us about your arrival so we figured we be in uniform meet you." Sylv spoke as if she had rehearsed the line for hours on end. Motioning towards our rooms she explained how we had accepted the rooms offered in the DC due to the added privacy.

"Ah, so you are the ones the Director told me to rely on. Your brother will be joining as well, right?"

We nodded and chatted for a while after before deciding that it was late enough and dismissed ourselves.

——

Next morning, Sylv and I sat on one of the few couches of the lounge. Most of the DC members except Theo and Claire denied the rooms. The DC members arrived to the lounge in pairs. Claire and Theo arrived first, Theo attempting to flex his strength the same way he did to Art. I smirked, meeting his handshake I lightened the gravity around me while increasing his exponentially. His eyebrows twitched as he fought the gravity.

"I see the Director selected you for a good reason." Theo said breaking the handshake. I released my control as the Glayder siblings walked in, Grawder close behind. Curtis, being his usually aloof self, seemed to not recognize us. Kathlyn, on the other hand, showed a rare expression of joy at our presence. Sylv and I waved as Curtis finally recognized us.

"Prince Curtis, Princess Kathlyn, it sure has been many years." I said looking between them and Sylv. "Though it is good to see you both in good health."

"Likewise Remington, Sylv, we have much to catch up on. How would a cup of tea sound later?" Kathlyn asked her usual monotone voice had a hit of excitement in it.

"Of course, I have a lot of stories to tell." Sylv responded.

Kai and who would I assume was Circe followed not to long after the Glayders. With quick introductions they conversed with everyone. Each conversation they held they would sneak in, 'Blood doesn't lie.'

'Quick to see if there are any other spies I see.'

"That it doesn't, Kai." I responded when prompted, discretely manipulating motes of blood to their boots. Smiling, I made circles with my hand as I continued. "Blood is thicker than water and all that mumbo jumbo."

Kai half smiled back, Circe seemingly perked up in surprise. "I've never heard that saying before, Remington. I'll keep that in my books for future use once I'm back in my home town."

Shortly after, the rest of our members arrived each having to suffer the roar of Grawder as they walked through the door.

———

"Hey you guys!" Claire and Curtis waved Sylv and I over. Art following close behind.

"Professor Art, could I assume that you patched things up with Tess? Because I'd prefer if we didn't have a lovers quarrel in the middle of team fighting mechanics." I asked.

"What? How did you know we fought?" Art asked disregarding my jab at his recent employment.

"Word travels fast in the academy." Sylvie said before quickly adding. "Especially amongst women."

"I did yes." As we neared the others Claire locked Art into a headlock right as Tess walked in. He froze realizing the position he was in as Tess noticed him. This time however she swallowed her pride and came over to greet us. Clive following behind as he seemed to be displeased by our presence.

"President, I believe we should prepare for class instead of interacting with the DC." Clive stated.

"Hey Tess," Sylv opened her arms expectantly for a hug. "I didn't expect you to be in this class."

"Really? I mean I always loved watching the spars you and Remi had with grandpa. If I want to catch up this class would be a good stepping stone, no?" Tess said as she met Sylv for a hug. She then turned to give me a hug, Clive frowning at the interaction. She didn't however turn to give Art a hug, which led to me teasing him.

Arthur proceeded to notice Lucas who was looking as smug as ever. Ah, I see Bairon likely had not spoken to Lucas on his actions. That or Lucas took it backwards and decided to be even more obnoxious. Regardless, Sylv won't be too happy about his presence here.

Just then Professor Glory made her grand entrance she appraised all of us as she descended. So, I returned the favor and inspected her core.

'Close to light yellow core.'

Her focus finally landed on me as she went wide eyed, before quickly regaining her composure. Finally landing she introduced herself and the class we were all taking. Mentioning that there were some real powerhouses amongst the students and given that she likely couldn't read my core level due to it being a higher rank I'm not surprised.

She quickly noticed Art attempting the same as I had and locked onto him as he failed the reading. Quickly, she put him in the spotlight as she riled the students up about getting Art to prove himself. Curtis suggested a game of War DC versus a team of three.

Clive quick to assert his position suggested that the SC would be their opponents, Lucas agreeing to join the SC.

[Do you want to join in?]

{It seems like fun but it would be a sweep if we were all on the same team.}

"Professor!" Sylv raised her hand as she suggested. "Would we be able to substitute? Remi will replace Clive and I will take Curtis' place."

Curtis offered no objection at the intervention. Clive of course tried to argue but was quieted by Glory.

"Why so adamant, Sylvie was it?" Sylv nodded before explaining our training history, leaving our major details obviously. Expressing that she wanted to see how much she's improved on her team coordination.

"I have a rough idea about Art's abilities, I'm curious how Sylvie and Remington do especially after all this time." Curtis quickly agreed.

"I see. I will allow it. Tessia would you have an issue with stepping down as Queen in favor of Remington being King? Likewise, Arthur, would you step down as King in favor or Sylvie being Queen?"

Neither objected, as we began to receive our exercise gear, Glory explaining the limitations of the gear.

{Your going to have Art take Lucas correct?}

[As much as I would like to tear him limb from limb, I know Art would like to get a couple hits in.]

Taking the field, Tess stood slightly ahead to my left while Lucas preferred to stay far to my right. I observed Sylv's lineup as she stayed close behind Claire, Art shadowing Lucas.

{How long has it been since we played this game?}

[Metaphorically or?]

{Like genuinely spar against one another.}

She smiled as she offered no response. Glory looked between the two teams as she watched over us. "LET THE MATCH."
.
.
.
"COMMENCE!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 113 6
In this "The Beginning After The End" fanfiction, we delve into an alternate reality where Arthur Leywin arrives at Xyrus Academy without any memorie...
16.2K 684 12
What if Arthur beat everyone he deemed an enemy to him after uncovering Fate? But in the process lost everyone he loved in the midst of this war. Cou...
111K 8.4K 200
(Could have spoilers from Light Novel) (Some things are changed for the purpose of the story) This is Novel 2 of this FanFic, Novel 1 is only called...
1.3K 60 5
After Arthur Leywin come back to his home from being an adventurer, he go to Xyrus Academy, a prodigy school, and of course....he not alone. He will...