Can I? | SEULRENE

By lueshun

Can I? A story of two people adjusting to what is expected of them? More

CHAPTER I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV (Finale)

Chapter XII

483 33 5
By lueshun

Seulgi's POV

"I'm sorry for being late." said no other than the head Bae, himself, as he took the seat across me. "It was an important meeting."

"I should be one apologizing for the sudden invite." I said.

"I wanted to meet you in person, it's fine." This time he stares at me seriously. "So, what is it that you wanted to talk about?"

"Your daughter doesn't want to get married." I said. He just nodded.

"I know that." He crossed his arm leaning back to the chair.

"She doesn't want your company." He still keep on agreeing. "Don't you think you're being too controlling, still going throught the last will your father have left you?" I asked. I saw him smirk at what I just asked.

"Think child. Don't you think this is benificial on your behalf?" what?! "If you were to marry my daughter, you're inheriting it all." I paused at what he said. Does he really think that's what matter most?

"Huh?"

"You don't get it?" He asked. I do.

"You're just gonna give your company to a stranger?" she chuckled hearing that.

"You no stranger Kang Seulgi. And that's only gonna happen if you'll be married to my daughter." He give me a smile. "If she agrees." He said it like it's a challenge for me.

"How is this even benificial for your daughter? Don't you think this deal is pretty unfair on her side?" He look a bit suprised at what I said. "I can save our family business and gain yours with this deal, but how about your daughter?" I look straight to his eyes. "What if I ask for a divorce after getting everything?" This time, I'm challenging him. It only surprises me when he smiled.

"How sure are you that my daughter's going to marry you? Like you said, she doesn't want to get married." Is he playing with me?

"If you're thinking that, why did you proceed with the deal?" He look over to his phone when it started to ring.

"For my daughter." but she doesn't want this. "I support her in everything. If she doesn't want to claim what's rightfully hers, then so be it." He took a deep breath before leaning in forward to the table. "But I still wanted to make sure she's going to be fine when the time comes. Maybe that's also what my father was thinking in making his last will. He wanted to make sure Joohyun still gets what she deserves, even if she doesn't want it she's still getting it through you." I was shocked hearing that.

"Father picked you, then I should trust him. Besides, you're a Kang I don't think you're capable of doing those things that you were just threatening me to do earlier. You are not raised that way, I know it. You value family more than anything, so I think my daughter will be in good hands if ever she agrees." He said confidently.

"You're trusting me so easily." I said. He just laugh.

"That's because I trust my daughter enough to know what she's doing." He's that confident with his daughter's decisions.

"How did you convinced her to move in to a new house, if she didn't want it?" I curiously asked.

"It's her house." What?! "The house just got finished, that's why she had just moved in. As for agreeing on making you live together, I'm just doing my part of the deal." That's why she didn't know I was moving in and a key was not enough for me to enter the house, myself.

I leaned back to my chair letting it all sink in to me.  He agreed, to make sure Joohyun still gets what was intended for her, despite the refusal. He knows her daughter too well, to know that she wouldn't just marry me for the deal. He knows his daughter needs convincing. He agreed on setting us up, not in proceeding the deal. 

"Are we done--"

"I like your daughter Mr. Bae." I look up and confessed.

"I thought I'd only hear that from men." He laughs. "A girl admitting their liking for my daughter is pretty unexpected, I must say." He eyed me. "Well I guess that's better. I wouldn't have to worry about you leaving my daughter, after you get everything, since you already like her."

"This would be a huge controversy in your family name if we were to continue this, don't you think?" I asked him. I just want to know if it's really fine for him.

"I know." He said. "But like I said, it's all up to my daughter." He really seemed like the type of father who would spoil his only child.

"If we were to get married and everything in that last will happens, is it possible that we can stay out of the public?" I saw how his brows furrowed. Damn she look just like him.

"Is that your real concern Miss Kang?" I nodded.

"And I want her to take my name instead of the other way around." He just look at me surprised for a few minutes. "Mr. Bae?"

"She agreed already, didn't she?" He asked. I shake my head and said no.

"She said she will try."

"Those things are on her demands?" I guess he really knows her daughter too well.

"No, those are mine." I answered, because it is

"The first request is a little possible. As for the other one, I don't think I can allow that. Besides, it's written on the last will that you're taking our name." Oh. The plan didn't work out. "You're a little confident, for you to ask these things already." He said looking at me curiously.

"I'm not confident Mr. Bae. Just making sure I know where we're heading with all these, and everyone will be at their comfort when it happens" He smiled at what I said.

"My daughter's different Seulgi. She's not what other people sees her to be. Do you really think you know her enough, to say you like her." I nodded and give him a smile back.

"She is different from what I expect her to be, but it's not like it's a bad different Mr. Bae. I'd say I know her enough already to say I like her, and to have myself betting on this marriage." I saw him diverted his eyes behind me before speaking again.

"So you're not doing this for your family but for yourself?"

"I am doing this for them." He looked over to me, confused again. "Because if I were to do this for myself, I wouldn't rush things. I'll do everything in my own pace. If it were really me? I'll take all the time in the world, just to make sure she wanted to be with me too. I don't want to marry her thinking she's just forced to do these things. I want her to agree because she wanted it to." I sigh at the thought of the situation we're in. "But things really need to escalate quickly. With a lot of things on the line? I'm just glad it's with her." I smiled thinking that's what she said to me as well, that she's willing to try it out because it's me. I just wish we had the same meaning behind it.

"You really do like my daughter." I smiled and nodded.

"A lot." I like her a lot now, that I think of myself as stupid for not taking interest in knowing her before all of these things.

"Then do it in your own pace, Kang." I was surprised hearing a very familiar voice behind me. I turn to confirm if it is her. "Take your time, let's take our time." I automatically stand up as soon as I saw her.

"Joohyun." I saw Mr. Bae stand up as well, with a wide smile plastered on his face.

She walks over to her father to greet him.

"Hi Dad." she hugged him.

"Right on time, princess. I'm late with my meeting already." WHAT!?

"This is why I don't want to be just like you." She said that her father just laugh it off, instead of being hurt by it.

"And you don't need to be." He look at me. "I think I found my heir already." HUH?!

"I won't let my wife-to-be, be just like you either. I want to be her first priority." HER WHAT!?

"You are my first--"

"Then cancel your meeting." She had her arms crossed now, challenging her father. I don't now if I should laugh or what. No, I'm still shocked at what's happening.

"Okay then." He breath out. "I'm pretty sure she would prioritize you first, unlike me, but I really have to go." He kissed her forehead before looking at me again. "I'll leave you two to talk. It was nice meeting you Kang Seulgi."

"You as well Mr. Bae." I bowed. "Thank you for coming. Sorry if I messed up your schedule."

"It's fine." From there he walked out of the restaurant. She suddenly sighed, I look at her. She was guiding his Dad out with her eyes. She looks disappointed.

"Are you upset?" I asked. She look at me and fake a smile, before shaking her head.

"I got used to it already." I went over to where her dad was sitting earlier and offer the seat to her. It's a waste of we won't get to enjoy the lunch I ordered. "Thank you." She said after she took the seat. I went back to mine.

"You know you don't have to get used to it." I said without looking at her. I look at the waiter an signaled them to serve our lunch already. I didn't get to do that when Mr. Bae was her because we got into the talk already when he got here.

"Tell me Kang. Were you--" She stopped when food were being served. She let the server finish their job first before she talk again. "Were you serious about the things you've said earlier?" She look deep into my eyes.

"And if I was?"

"Then I want you to do it like how you want it to be, if it were up to you. No rush and no pressure." She said calmly.

"But the deal..."

"It's not our time yet to worry about it Kang. The last will is for our generation, not for our parents'. So, let's take our time?" I felt my heart beating faster by how she's speaking to me, looking at me. I feel like I could melt at any moment now. WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED!? This was not the Joohyun I talked to this morning. "Seulgi?"

"Let's take our time." I agreed. She smiled at me. OH MY GOD! No way in hell I'm feeling this way! What did you do to me Bae Joohyun?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 242 47
This is a story about going on with life, with unexpected help.
60.9K 1K 20
Reactions, scenarios/imagines, preferences and more
118K 4.2K 43
Seulrene story
10.3K 442 25
Take My Hand. A story two complicated people who give enough comfort to each other.