A Wish on a Full Moon

Av FlareSouth511

After Cleo accidentally grants Kim's wish on the night of a full moon, everyone including enemies, family, an... Mer

Kim's Wish (Part 1)
Kim's Wish (Part 2)
The Letter
Metamorphosis (Part 1)
Metamorphosis (Part 2)
Pool Party (Part 1)
Pool Party (Part 2)
Catch of the Day (Part 1)
Catch of the Day (Part 2)
Time to Talk
Party Girls (Part 1)
Party Girls (Part 2)
Something Fishy (Part 1)
Something Fishy (Part 2)
Young Love (Part 1)
Young Love (Part 2)
Moon Spell (Part 1)
Moon Spell (Part 2)
Roommates
The Denman Affair (Part 1)
The Denman Affair (Part 2)
Dangerous Waters (Part 1)
Dangerous Waters (Part 2)
The Camera Never Lies (Part 1)
The Camera Never Lies (Part 2)
Sink or Swim (Part 1)
Sink or Swim (Part 2)
The Siren Effect (Part 1)
The Siren Effect (Part 2)
Shipwrecked (Part 1)
Shipwrecked (Part 2)
Breaking the Ice
Are You Ready?
Surprise! (Part 1)
Surprise! (Part 2)
The Big Chill (Part 1)
The Big Chill (Part 2)
Lovesick (Part 1)
Lovesick (Part 2)
Under the Weather (Part 1)
Under the Weather (Part 2)
Bad Moon Rising (Part 1)
Bad Moon Rising (Part 2)
To Forgive or Forget
Hurricane Angela (Part 1)
Hurricane Angela (Part 2)
Hook, Line and Sinker (Part 1)
Hook, Line and Sinker (Part 2)
Red Herring (Part 1)
Red Herring (Part 2)
One Case Closed, Another One Opened
Party of Four
Fish Out of Water (Part 1)
Fish Out of Water (Part 2)
In Too Deep (Part 1)
In Too Deep (Part 2)
Love Potion #9 (Part 1)
Love Potion #9 (Part 2)
Dr. Danger (Part 1)
Dr. Danger (Part 2)
A Twist in the Tail (Part 1)
A Twist in the Tail (Part 2)
Grief, Acceptance, & Forgiveness
Season 2 - Stormy Weather (Part 1)
Stormy Weather (Part 2)
Control (Part 1)
Control (Part 2)
The One That Got Away (Part 1)
The One That Got Away (Part 2)
Fire and Ice (Part 1)
Fire and Ice (Part 2)
Hocus Pocus (Part 1)
What the Future Holds

Hocus Pocus (Part 2)

509 18 11
Av FlareSouth511

I do not own H2O: Just Add Water or any of the characters.

Chapter 73: Hocus Pocus (part 2)

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Back at the Sertori house, Don sat at the dining table working on his fish finder. He was pressing a tiny reset button with his screwdriver when it makes a beeping noise.]

Don: sighs. "Come on. Work!" Tosses the screwdriver onto the table in frustration.

"What's wrong with your fish finder, mate?" Harrison asked. "Don't know. It just quit working on me all of a sudden. I tried everything! Replace the wires, the reset button, new batteries. Still nothing," Don sighed. "We could've loaned you ours. As much as you have done for Zane during the whole Mako thing, I think we owe you one," Harrison remarked. "Would've let you borrow my boat, but unfortunately it can't hold both your crew and the fish," Zane chuckled.

"Those things can be frustrating. Especially when they quit on ya out of nowhere," Max nodded. "Bummer. Seems like a good one too," Will shook his head. "It was. I haven't even had it for that long and I need it for my work," Don said. Another thing that decided to quit on me.

Cleo: peaks around the kitchen wall to find her dad rubbing his face and sighs. Slowly walks further into the kitchen. "Dad, is everything alright?"

"What kind of question is that, Cleo? Obviously, it wasn't," Rikki said. "You go deal with your fungus problems and I'll deal with mine," Cleo scoffed. "I swear they could be like sisters sometimes," Emma shook her head. "How would you know? You got me," Elliot grinned.

It will be eventually, Don thought. He just had a lot of stress on him. He had to work double shifts, play both parenting roles for his kids, bills, and groceries to get, and now his fish finder wasn't working. He had just hoped something could go right for once. Luckily it did.

Don: lowers his hands and bites his lip. "Yeah." Cleo walks over. "Well, no. Sometimes things just seem to go wrong for no reason."

Cleo: sits next to him and sighs, arms crossed. "I understand. We all do." Raises her eyebrows. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"Cleo, what are you talking about?" Rikki furrowed her eyebrows. "Cleo, I don't think you two are on the same page," Emma listened to her friend's wording and frowned in confusion. For some reason, it didn't sound like Cleo was talking about the fish finder. "Why does it sound like you're talking about something else?" Kim asked skeptical. She's been around her sister enough to know when her tone sounds different and when her mind is on something else. Cleo glanced to the side biting her cheek. "Because I was ... and it turns out so was he."

"Oh, so this is where the misunderstanding comes from," Don chuckled. "What misunderstanding?" Bev asked. Don looked to her then back to the screen. "Nothing. It – it's nothing."

"The best thing about talking it out is you're not alone," Mrs. Chatham said with a small smile.

Don: "Ah! I don't want to bother you with my problems, princess."

Cleo: gives him a small smile. "It's no bother, dad. That's what family's for."

"Then why wasn't I involved in this conversation?" Kim asked. "You were busy getting a shower," Cleo grinned. "Well, if someone didn't hog the bathroom all the time, I could've been involved," Kim scoffed.

"Sometimes it's good to let out your frustration, to talk it out," Sam said. "That's what mom does whenever she wants to talk about her work. It doesn't bother me," Charlotte gave her own mom a small smile. "Our family motto is to always be honest with each other," Lisa said. "Even when you feel like you can't," Neil finished. "Why does that feel like it's directed toward me?" Emma asked. "Because it is," Elliot smiled smugly.

Don: "It's just ..." gestures to the fish finder and stares at it. "not easy, you know. There's so much to do. Between work, you and Kim, I never seem to have enough time."

"It never is easy for a parent who has to play both roles," Annette sighed. But if she had to choose between her ex-husband or her daughter, she will always choose Charlotte one hundred percent.

Terry glanced over at his own daughter. He never really had to play both roles, Rikki always acted like she never needed a mother figure in her life as tough acting and closed-up as she was. His focus was more on work and bills than anything else. Whatever Rikki needed she always found a way to get it. But sometimes he did wonder what it would have been like if there was one in their life, what Rikki would do if she had someone who was. Lisa and Neil were lucky that they had a successful marriage, amazing jobs, and a perfect family. He and Rikki were the complete opposite, but they survive, and they're okay with that.

"You can only do so much," Harrison said. He was lucky to have the money that he does to be able to support Zane. But with the money, the housekeepers, and everything else, it wasn't enough. Zane needed his dad in his life, and he didn't get that until a few months ago. It doesn't matter how much money you have or what you do, there will always be mistakes made; a big one that he will always regret.

Bev shut her eyes. It was always tough hearing their struggles. She might not have been there for this, but she had a feeling she knew what was coming next. And she was right.

Cleo: nods. "Now that mom's gone." Grabs his hand and holds it tight. "I know." Don nods with her. His gaze remains on the table as he puts his other hand on top of hers.

And there it is, Bev sighed internally, a tear threatening to escape. It always was. She is and always will be the root of their problems.

"Now it's starting to connect," Zane nodded. Lewis bumped him in the side. "Dude." "What?" Zane asked oblivious.

Kim wasn't there at the time, but she is now. She held on to her dad's hand tight, and Cleo joined them. "You're not alone, dad," his youngest daughter whispered. "We all feel that way."

Cleo: smiles as she gets an idea. "Do you ever wish things could be different?"

"Here we go. Here's her master plan," Lewis shook his head. "I only wanted to help," Cleo said. "And I specifically said not to use any more of the potion," he whispered so no one else would hear. "Well, you shouldn't have let me keep it," Cleo whispered back. But Don didn't need to hear, he already had an inkling of a feeling as soon as Cleo said 'wish.' That feeling was leading him to believe that Cleo was behind the reason for his new fish finder – she did want him to wish for something – even though he didn't get what she had planned.

Bev remained silent, wanting to hear what he had to say. She wants to know his response. Does he still miss me? After everything I did to them?

"Oh, she's got another idea," Ash perked up. "Let's hope it's not a disaster like the café," Zane snorted.

"We all wish we could change the past, to fix our mistakes. But I don't think magic could fix that," Neil said. "Can magic change reality?" Denman asked curiously. "Well, it can change humans into mermaids, so it's possible," Lewis shrugged.

"You can't always fix your mistakes, sometimes it's best to learn from them," Mrs. Chatham informed.

Don: "Of course." Looks to her with a small smile. "But I'm doing my best, Cleo." Looks back to the table and nods again. "I'll get the job done."

"You seem to be doing a great job to me. You're keeping up with the house and the bills, kids are fed," Terry shrugged. Better than me. "Yeah, now I just gotta keep up with the groceries," Don chuckled. "You are. You're working hard but you're doing great," Annette encouraged.

"In the end, isn't it worth it to see the smiles on your kids' faces?" Sam asked. "Always," Don agreed. Bev glanced away. I guess it is. But what about our happiness?

"At least you're trying. Some people won't even do that," Harrison said. Bev winced. That hurt. "You're doing your best. That's what matters," Mrs. Chatham smiled.

Cleo: smiles brighter and nods along with him. "Yeah, I think you will." They smile at each other.

"He already is," Kim smiled at him. "You're right, Kim. He is," Cleo agreed.

She didn't see it at the time, with her being so obsessed with the idea of their mom returning and making their dreams come true, that she couldn't see that the answers were already right in front of her. Even though their mom wasn't in the picture anymore, her dad was, and he was willing to try and do everything for them to make sure they were happy. She just wanted her dad happy too, but because of all the stress he was put through, she didn't realize that deep down, he already was happy because of them. They still had each other, and that's what mattered more, that's what made them happy.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Back with the others, the fungus was still overtaking the café. The freezer room was now unable to be occupied by the three. The freezer was so thick with fungus that there was barely any space left and was now spreading into the storage room. Lewis tries to slide the freezer door shut but the fungus is so thick and strong that the door won't budge.]

"It's grown that much?!" Bella gasped. "It's only been a few minutes!" Ash said, eyes wide. "A few minutes is all it takes. Plus, it's magical and was growing rather quickly," Lewis explained. "Woah. It's covered the entire freezer," Elliot saw jaw-dropped. "It's still spreading?!" Lisa gasped. At this rate, it was going to make it to her favorite part. The kitchen!

"Oh no, no, no. It's going to spread to the rest of the restaurant," Annette panicked. "Relax, mom. They got this," Charlotte tried to calm her down. Considering I was right outside and never once saw or smelled it.

"You know, with what it did to the door, I'm surprised it didn't break through the windows," Rikki said. "Yeah, thank goodness. Or Wilfred would've found out. Broken windows and fungus spilling out would've been bad for the commercial," Emma mentioned.

"You might need something a little stronger than him," Zane grinned. "Well, you weren't around, and we were in a hurry," Rikki retorted. "You didn't ask!"

"Is it ever going to stop?" Sam asked in concern. "Normal fungus. Sometimes. Magical fungus ... apparently not," Lewis reluctantly answered.

"It's gotten so thick," Denman commented. "And the smell was much stronger than before," Emma scrunched up her nose. "It looks like a jungle!" Will said. "A nasty, infested jungle full of green gunk," Bella grimaced.

Lewis: sees Emma and Rikki rush through the double doors, the former with a mop in her hand. "No, no, no, Em, bad idea." The two mermaids look at him. "Cleaning will only dislodge more spores. And more spores means more fungus." Tries to get the door to shut again.

"I'm surprised Mrs. Spotless didn't know that," Ash teased. "I was panicking!" Emma said in annoyance.

"Then what are they supposed to do?" Annette asked in distress. "Scream, run, declare that it's the end of the world," Rikki said sarcastically. "Sure, felt like it," Emma shuttered. "Well, we needed to get the doors shut to try and close it off, prevent it from spreading anywhere else," Lewis explained. "Okay, then what?" Bella asked. "Just because the doors are closed doesn't mean it's not still there," Neil said. "We were still working on that part," Lewis winced.

Emma: "Great, what then?" Leans the mop in the corner. Lewis looks inside the infested room then back at the book that was now behind him. He lets go of the door handle and hastily grabs the book and flips it open.

"Looks like the amazing Emma doesn't know what to do," Elliot giggled. "Well, I never exactly had to fight a magical fungus before. But a little brother is a close second," Emma smirked. "Hey!"

Emma: "Lewis, tell me you have a theory. You always have a theory." Rikki has her arms crossed and stares at the expanding fungus.

"Not this time," Lewis shook his head. "But someone does," Zane glanced over at Rikki.

"There's a difference between theories and ideas," Denman said. "But both are possibilities that could work," Emma countered.

"What are you thinking?" Terry asked. "I'm thinking that magic could solve it," Rikki shrugged. "You shouldn't have thought," Lewis mumbled.

Lewis: stands next to Emma with the book in hand, and flips through the pages. "Um." Continues to search the book.

Rikki: "I have a theory." Her and Emma make eye contact. "Why don't you freeze it?"

"Isn't zapping it what got you three into this mess?" Will asked. "Yeah, well it seemed like the only option at the time," Rikki grimaced. "You didn't even give it time!" Lewis snapped. "Freezing it might give you some time, but not much," Mrs. Chatham hummed.

"That doesn't sound like a good idea," Bella said a bit uncomfortable. "Are you sure about this?" Sam asked skeptical. "It's magic. We're not sure about any of it," Emma shrugged.

"I thought if boiling it is what caused this, then maybe freezing it could undo it," Rikki explained. "And this is why Lewis is the idea guy," Cleo sighed. "Hey, at least I was trying," Rikki turned to her. "I wasn't even there," Cleo said.

"Can you freeze that much fungus, especially when it's growing?" Lisa asked worried. "I can try," Emma sighed. I thought I could.

Lewis: stops and looks up at them, alert. "No! No, I don't think that's a good idea. The book only mentions using all three powers at once."

"And one of you is missing," Charlotte said. "Can't exactly replace Cleo in this equation," Kim said. "And after last time, you definitely don't need to mess this one up," Max said. "I'd listen to the guy, Rikki," Terry mentioned.

Too bad it doesn't mention a fourth, Bella thought as she stared at her hand.

Rikki: "Lewis, your book has got us in enough trouble." To Emma. "Zap it."

"Don't be stubborn, Rikki. It only leads to trouble," Terry warned. "The book knows more than you do," Elliot claimed. "Hey, kid. I thought you were on my side," Rikki frowned. "I'm on the side that doesn't turn the café into an enormous fungus jungle," Elliot crossed his arms.

"I thought we've been over this. Don't mess with magic," Mrs. Chatham sighed and shook her head in frustration. Just like Julia.

"Why are you listening to her? She caused this," Cleo asked. "I thought it was worth a try. It's no different than you trying the potion," Emma remarked. "Emma, I really think you shouldn't," Neil held a hand up in concern. "Too late, dad," she winced.

"The book didn't cause this, you did. Don't put your faults on someone or something else," Terry scolded. "Geesh, okay dad," Rikki grumbled.

"Maybe you should think twice about this," Sam suggested.

[Emma holds her hand out palm flat at the fungus. Within seconds, the entire thing of fungus was covered in thick layers of ice, inside and out. Emma lowers her hand and lets out a breath. Rikki and Emma turn to the lone boy with smug looks on their faces.]

Rikki: "See? All done."

"It worked!" Neil shouted. "Wooh, thank goodness," Don let out a breath of relief. "Well, it's still there but at least it's not able to grow anymore. That's a plus," Harrison nodded. "Way to go, Rikki!" Terry gave her a thumbs up. "Now hang on a second. We haven't seen the full effects yet," Max kept them all from cheering on. Magic was never this easy to work around.

"Great. Now that it's frozen, how are you going to get rid of it?" Annette took deep breaths, trying to calm herself down now that the worst of it was over. "Chip at it and throw it away in chunks I guess," Charlotte shrugged confused. But why were they acting so weird later on? "I wouldn't be so smug about it," Will said in disbelief.

"Mermaids think they know everything," Lewis snickered. "Try being one," Emma rolled her eyes.

[As soon as the words leave Rikki's mouth, they hear cracking noises. They look back to the ice fungus to see it burst open and ooze and spread out even more. They jump back in shock as it starts coming toward their feet, faster and stronger than before.]

"Oh, now you've done it," Ash grimaced at the growing fungus. "Congratulations. You stopped it for like three seconds," Zane said sarcastically. "It was worth a shot," Rikki shrugged. "You missed and made it ten times worse," Lewis retorted. "Any more ideas, Rikki?" Cleo raised an eyebrow. "Not again," Kim whined. "Never mind," Terry sighed. "Well, that didn't help," Max sighed. "Way to go, Rikki," Emma gave her a stern glare, using her dad's words against her.

"It kind of looks like an alien. The music doesn't help either," Elliot commented.

"Now that's freaky," Will said, eyebrows raised. "Not sure what's scarier. The first time it grew or this," Charlotte said. "This. Definitely this!" Annette shrieked.

Lewis: "You made it grow faster. Well done." The three of them look at it and sigh.

"So, if separate powers only make it grow faster, then how did you guys get rid of it?" Will asked. "Yeah, cause news about a giant growing fungus happening at the café would've gotten out," Charlotte said. She would know, considering she was there and had no clue about it. "That's a secret," Lewis joked. "That will be exposed later on," Rikki shut him down. "You can't just let me have my moment, can you?" Lewis complained. "Nope!" "The fussing between the four of you is going to happen for the rest of this, isn't it?" Neil chuckled. "Yup," the four of them answer simultaneously.

"You certainly know how to make a problem worse," Will joked.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Returning to the Sertori house, Cleo is in the tub once again with the potion jar. With the lid off, she dips her fingers into it and wipes it on her cheek. As she does, she hears a bedroom door open and perks up.]

"Ah, up to wish-making again, are we?" Mrs. Chatham smiled. "Yes, Mrs. C.," Cleo responded. Except you'd think the person wishing would take it seriously. Kim leaned forward, unknowingly like the others in anticipation to see another wish happen.

"It's kind of funny. A genie sticks to their lamp when granting wishes. For you, it's a tub," Ash chuckled. Cleo grimaced and looked at Lewis. "Well, not all the time."

"You're having a bath again? You just had one," Elliot said. "I wasn't doing it to relax or scrub, I was on a mission," Cleo gave him a smile. "Then what was the point of the bubble bath?" Lewis gave her a pointed look. "... okay maybe a bit of relaxation," she admitted.

Cleo: shouts. "Dad?" The scene switches to another two-sided perspective.

Don: whistles while he walks down the hall with the laundry basket. Hears Cleo calling for him in the bathroom. Stops next to the door. "Everything alright, pumpkin?"

"Better than alright since she discovered she's a mermaid-genie," Zane snickered. "Don't call me that. That's weird," Cleo said a bit disgruntled. "And a mermaid granting wishes isn't weird to you?"

Cleo: "Yeah. I just wanted to ask you a question."

"You don't find it strange she's asking questions while in the bathroom instead of face-to-face?" Bev raised an eyebrow. "Even before we found out the secret we've had much stranger interactions," Don shrugged. Cleo bit her lip to prevent a pout from forming. At least someone remembers. "This is pretty normal in our house," Kim reminded her mother.

Don: "Mm-hmm?"

Cleo: "If you could wish for anything in the world, what would it be?"

"You didn't question as to why she was in the bathroom again?" Kim asked in disbelief. "There are ... other reasons as to what a bathroom is for," Don blushed as he spoke. "Quit talking Kim!" Cleo blushed in embarrassment as her friends near her burst into laughter. "Again, you didn't find this odd?" Harrison asked. "I did, but I learned sometimes it's best not to question your kids," Don gave his two a big smile.

"Now you're starting to sound like a genie," Bella giggled, too excited to see more wishes happen.

Don: "Uh, but if I told you, it wouldn't come true." Shakes his head.

"Just let the magic happen and everything else will work out from there," Mrs. Chatham said a bit wistfully. "With that attitude, it won't," Bella grinned with her arms crossed.

"That's what you think," Lewis smiled. "Somehow I don't think that's the case," Kim smiled at her dad. And yet for some reason, I think it is, Bev tensed up slightly. Due to the earlier chatter, she knew this had happened the same day they arrived, so it had to be because of a wish or something in order for them to be here, and her to be here with them. Did – did Don wish for me to come back? she thought.

"Did you not see Kim's wish come true?" Ash asked. "Technically I wasn't telling her. And I didn't think it would actually happen," Kim answered. "And I did, but I was more focused on the hose than her words. I thought we had another water malfunction," Don admitted. "And it turns out all of those 'malfunctions' weren't malfunctions," Kim gave her sister a playful glare. "It was worth it," Cleo smirked.

Cleo: "Well, then don't tell me. Just make a wish."

"You sound so urgent about it," Rikki laughed. "That's because I was. I didn't know if there was a time limit on this stuff or not and I wanted that gunk off my face as soon as possible," Cleo said. "I doubt there's a time limit on magic," Lewis chuckled. "We have ten seconds before we turn into a fish," Cleo said in a deadpann tone. "... point taken."

Don: nods. "Alright." Closes his eyes. "I wish for ..." Switches to Cleo's perspective. Feels the tingling on her cheek again, and the swipe of potion sparkles then fades away. Cleo smirks as she feels it disappear. A hand on her cheek, none was left.

"What did you wish for?" Will asked curiously. "Uh, I'm sure you'll know soon," Don hesitantly answered. Unfortunately, it wasn't what Cleo wanted nor expected. "I have a feeling I know what it is," Neil muttered as he glanced over at one person who used to be part of the Sertori family. He too began to believe that was the reason why they were here, that Don was the one who accidentally wished them here. They didn't think wishes were possible until now; but now that he's seen it for himself, he was starting to believe that all of this was because of a wish.

"Well at least it works for silent wishes in case it's personal," Harrison said. Which something tells me it was.

Cleo: "Did you do it?"

"You felt it vanish, you should know," Rikki said. "Had to lay off suspicions somehow," Cleo defended. "You made suspicions arise when you asked out of nowhere what he could wish for," Emma told her. "Didn't think nothing of it anyways," Don dismissed.

Don: nods his head. "Yep, all done."

Cleo: "It's going to come true, dad. I just know it." Smiles brightly.

Don: smiles from the other side of the door. "That would be nice." Walks toward the stairs. Inside the bathroom, Cleo smiles to herself as she holds the potion jar close to her.

"Only you would know," Lewis gave her a playful smile. "Since you didn't tell me about this one." And another one at that.

"With your friendly mermaids around, of course it will," Rikki said with a cheeky grin. "Oh, I think it will," Max smiled. "I have no doubt," Charlotte said with a hopeful smile. She knew the game Cleo was up to, and she didn't blame her one bit. Although she'd much rather have her grandmother around again than the man who was supposed to be her father. Cleo was much older than she was when she lost a parent, she at least had more memories of their time together. A wish to her was like a second chance to fix things. Charlotte sighed. But sometimes it can't always be fixed.

Bev frowned then let it fade away. It didn't work? Maybe it takes some time. Then again, it was nighttime when we arrived. It must take a little while. Neil frowned, rubbing his chin. Huh, that's weird. He figured that it would've happened right away, the other one did. What did he wish for?

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Back at the café, the fungus has grown more powerful. It has now taken over the entire storage room and was currently foaming through the cracks of the doors and down the windows with thick chunks of it climbing up the walls. A giant pile on the floor continues to grow and bubble with steam rising from the top; it has now made its way to the fridge and was overtaking behind the counters. Rikki stood nearby keeping a close eye on it while pinching her nose shut. Emma and Lewis stand a few feet away near the counters searching through the book on what to do.]

Emma: worried. "Lewis, what are we going to do? It's getting worse."

"It's got to stop switching scenes. It grows faster every time we look away," Bella said a bit fearful of it. "It's going to do that whether we're looking or not," Sam informed, eyes wide. She's encountered fungus before in her work field but never of this size or strength. She's never seen anything like this before.

"Why listen to him? You didn't the last time," Ash reminded. "We were running out of ideas," Emma exclaimed in frustration. "And still are," Rikki added.

"How is it going through the door? It's shut tight!" Zane frowned. "Fungus can go through even the tiniest of holes or cracks. Wherever it can move it'll go," Denman explained. Zane looked over at his scientific friend, not trusting the doctor's words. "Don't look at me, she's right," Lewis shrugged.

"Why is something major always happening at the café? First with Miriam and now this?!" Kim asked. "Why is something always happening when Wilfred's away?" Cleo corrected. "Why is something always happening ever?" Rikki sarcastically asked. "Technically Wilfred wasn't away this time. Although I wish he was," Emma sighed.

Rikki: lowers her hand, looks at them. "It smells awful."

"It's fungus. Do you expect it to smell good?" Sam frowned.

"Why are you even near it? You need to back away," Terry said in concern. "Someone had to be on guard duty, and Emma is a bit too squeamish for that," Rikki answered. "Aren't you the one who volunteered Cleo to do all the dirty work?" Charlotte raised an eyebrow. "No, I volunteered her to do all the hard work," Rikki said.

Lewis: flips through the book. "It's fungus." A knock comes from the entrance, and they turn to the door with worry as to who could be there. Slams the book shut, lays it on the counter, and walks over to the door.

"Uh oh," Elliot winced. "Is it Wilfred?" Bella gasped lightly. "Even better," Emma turned to Charlotte with a small smile. "That's either a customer or Wilfred, and for your guys' sake I hope it's the former," Zane pointed out. Wilfred can have a pretty rough temper when it comes to his café being tampered with. Only he would know.

"That's right. Shouldn't the café be opened by now?" Lisa asked. "Can't exactly open when fungus took over all the food and drink supplies," Emma said. "But that's not going to stop the customers from coming," Ash frowned.

"I think I know where this is going now," Charlotte realized.

"Emma, why didn't you go see who it was? Lewis was going through the book," Cleo asked. "Still panicking," Emma gestured to the screen. "At least it's not like the last time you panicked with Miriam," Zane snickered. "Hey! You'd freak out too if you accidentally froze someone," she snapped.

Lewis: walks up to the beaded curtains where the glass doors are shut tight. Looks through the beaded curtains to find Charlotte there with her arms crossed and looking around. Seeing movement in her peripherals, Charlotte looks to find Lewis staring back at her inside the café. Shock fills her face upon seeing him, but before she can question it, Lewis slings the curtains back in place to hide. Dread fills his features. "Uh-oh."

"Looks like it's a customer. And a very familiar one at that," Will said in amusement. "Yeah, you were the last one I expected to show up. Sorry, Char," Lewis winced. "It's cool. At least now I know why you were there," Charlotte laughed.

"You were getting a juice in the morning?" Annette frowned in confusion. "Juices are good for any time of the day. Plus, I was planning to take one to the beach so I could get some drawings done before anyone got there," Charlotte explained. Didn't go fully as planned but still got it done!

"I thought Wilfred would come up by now," Harrison said. "He normally is there by now but had told me before the last shift that he was going to come in later with the camera crew for the commercial," Emma answered. "Gonna be one heck of a commercial," Ash amused.

"Lucky for you guys I didn't see anything because honestly, that would've made me scream," Charlotte shuttered.

Emma: "What?"

Lewis: turns to her. "I think you've got a customer." Emma turns to Rikki, the two stunned.

"Why else would I be there?" she laughed. "I wouldn't eat or drink anything from there until that is solved," Annette pointed to the fungus on the screen. "Mom, I think we've all lost our appetite after seeing that," Charlotte reminded. "You got that right," Elliot was no longer thinking about ice cream or the food at the buffet; after seeing all that fungus, no one was probably going to be thinking about food for a while.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[A second later, Lewis was outside with Charlotte guiding her around the side of the building and away from the view of the never-ending fungus.]

Charlotte: "Why would the Juicenet Café be closed?"

Lewis: they stop. "Um, stocktaking. It could take all day."

"Really? That's the excuse you went with?" Emma scoffed. "Emma from what I recall you couldn't find the keys that were hanging out of your back pocket," Charlotte smirked. "Yeah, thanks for that by the way," Emma said with a playful scowl as Lewis snickered. "But we have to do stocktaking all the time and we never close for that," Emma said. "It's something that's constantly being gone through every day in the restaurant business. As long as you have a good organization system then everything will be alright," Annette added. "It was rather believable," Charlotte admitted. Till Wilfred showed up.

"That doesn't explain why you're there," Kim said. "He told me that Emma asked for his help. With them being friends, I believed him. Lewis tries to help everyone out whenever he can," Charlotte gave him a small smile. "He sure does," Cleo gave him the same response.

"Sorry for lying by the way. Um, you know, secret and all," Lewis said a bit nervous. "It's fine. I get it. I'd probably do the same thing if I were in your shoes," Charlotte nodded.

Charlotte: puts a hand on her hip. "Oh. That's a shame. I was really looking forward to one of those cranberry boosters." Her and Lewis both look toward the closed doors.

"Oh, you like the cranberry boosters?" Cleo perked up. "Yeah, it's my favorite so far," Charlotte nodded. "Mine too!" she smiled. "Mine's the blueberry bonanza," Emma grinned. "Please, nothing tops the lightning lemon," Rikki declared. "Anything with wheatgrass in it is good to me," Lewis shrugged. "Gross," Kim gagged. "How can you think of wheatgrass when you're battling a fungus boss?" Elliot asked. "Because I'd rather face that than deal with the mermaids' wrath," Lewis said.

Charlotte: "Surely, they can make one juice to go." Starts walking toward the entrance.

"If they can get to it that is," Will mumbled. "We might have to crawl over the counter to do that. It's not very walkable by that point," Emma winced. "Considering most of the ingredients was swallowed up by the fungus I doubt it," Rikki stated. "I don't think so," Bella sung.

"You'd drink a juice after that?" Lisa said in disgust. "I didn't know what was on the other side. I probably would have changed my mind," Charlotte said. "And help?" Annette questioned with a raised eyebrow. "If I don't pass out from the stench," Charlotte shivered.

"I'm surprised you didn't smell it outside. I was relieved to get away from it," Lewis exhaled deeply. "Lucky you," Rikki scowled.

Lewis: quickly stops her and shouts. "No!" Grabs her by the shoulder and stands in front of her. "I mean, yes." Laughs nervously, Charlotte gives him a strange smile. "They can, but – but I'll get it for you."

"I'll take that as a no," Charlotte laughed. "Probably should have," Lewis gulped. "Sorry it took so long by the way." "After seeing what you all have been dealing with, I feel sorry for ordering. It was worth the wait though," Charlotte replied.

"And why you?" Bev asked with a frown. "We were in a bit of a crisis," Emma said. "And Charlotte wasn't aware that I was there yet," Rikki continued.

Lewis: pats his chest then gives the entrance a quick glance. "You just go and sit down. Just ..." Gestures to one of the tables nearby and lightly shoves her in its direction. Charlotte gives him a suspicious look but goes along with it. As she goes, Lewis watches before rushing back inside.

"Did you believe him?" Denman asked. "Well, I didn't have a reason not to plus the stocktaking sounded about right. My mom does it all the time, but she never closes down the restaurant for it. Though him bringing me the drink instead of Emma was odd but I thought maybe they were just short-staffed," Charlotte admitted. "Wilfred sometimes leaves me in charge so I can't always hand out drinks or wait on tables. But if it's a friend of mine, I always try to," Emma smiled at her.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Inside, Rikki and Emma take a few steps back and cough, choking on the air from the overwhelming fumes of the fungus. The wild potion has now overtaken half the counter and was currently building its way up toward the ceiling. In the middle of the fungus on the edge of the counter was the book, completely surrounded. Lewis slides the door open and walks through the beaded curtains. Immediately, he too begins to choke on the air. Rikki holds her stomach, feeling nauseous from it all.]

"Oh, my goodness!" Lisa gasped as did many others from the size and strength of the fungus. "It's not safe!" Sam yelled. "Lewis, don't go in there!" Elliot shouted worried for both his sister and his friends. He sometimes saw Lewis as an older brother, especially whenever he's over, and often helps him with his homework.

"Okay, there is no way that is safe now. It has become far too strong and the air unbreathable," Denman said in a rushed tone. "You kids need to get out of there now!" Neil commanded. "Don't worry, dad. We turn out fine. We wouldn't be here right now if not," Emma waved to themselves in their seats. "Then why are you girls still in there breathing that filth?" Annette asked. She was so glad Charlotte was outside right now, nowhere near this. She was glad that she was okay.

"Rikki, are you okay?" Zane asked in concern with Terry looking carefully at his daughter. "I'm fine, just breathing stinky fungus air. No big deal," Rikki sarcastically said. "Now is not the time for sarcasm, Rikki," Terry sighed, nervous for his daughter.

"The book!" Max gasped, seeing it surrounded. "Why did you guys leave it there?" Lewis whined. "Lewis, while you were gone it practically grew three times its size," Rikki jabbed a thumb at her and Emma. "All we did was blink and there was literally a wall of fungus in front of us. By the time we were able to back up there was no way to get it," Emma gave him an apologetic look.

Lewis: walks up to them. "Any chance of getting a cranberry booster?" The girls back up to him in fear and distress from the fungus monster in front of them. Their coughing calms down.

"If I had known what was going on, I wouldn't have ordered. You had much bigger problems to deal with obviously," Charlotte said.

"It's overtaken the counter. I highly doubt it!" Annette exclaimed. "No chance of that happening anytime soon," Zane shook his head. "I think that's going to be the last thing that will happen today. The first being eaten alive by a fungus monster," Bella said in fear. She knew the mermaids had much stronger lungs, and for them to be breathing that and coughing a lot, it had to be some pretty powerful stuff. She was amazed that Lewis was able to handle it, someone with a much smaller lung capacity.

"Focus less on orders and more on getting out of there!" Lisa yelled. "Emma, I don't care if you girls came out fine, the matter of fact is that it is not safe and something you shouldn't have done," Neil told her as she closed her mouth shut.

Emma: "Lewis, serving juices today is kind of out of the question. Don't you think?"

"Did you even think that was a possibility?" Emma asked him. "Not at all, but it was worth a shot," Lewis shrugged. "That shot would have gotten us eaten alive," Rikki gave him a look.

"I am so glad I missed all of this," Cleo sighed in relief. "I as well," Don agreed wholeheartedly, Bev nodded along quietly.

Rikki: "Guys, it's getting really hard to breathe in here." Emma coughs.

"Then you need to get out of there!" Terry shouted. "There's an exit right there! Use it!" Zane pointed to it, in deep worry for his girlfriend. "And it's not good to be breathing in that kind of environment," Denman shook her head. "You do realize you all have feet, right? Start using them and run!" Elliot said worried for his sister. "Listen to us dear and leave!" Lisa and Neil urged.

"I am so glad you're not there right now," Don told his daughter. "You might not be feeling that way for long," Cleo mumbled.

"Should fungus be smoking that much?" Will asked. "Regular fungus, no. Magical fungus ... maybe?" Sam said unsure. "With magic anything's possible. Whether good or bad," Max sighed as the fungus started to affect them.

Lewis: "I wouldn't recommend prolonged exposure."

Emma: "Meaning?" They both turn to him taking deep breaths and step closer to the door.

Lewis: grows fearful. "We better get out of here."

"That's right. You better," Lisa said in a stern tone, something she doesn't use often but if it meant her daughter and friends were going to be safe then she would let it slide. "I know you haven't done it the past few times, but please listen to him for once," Terry begged. "Cut it short next time and get straight to the point," Rikki complained.

"Meaning it's a very bad idea to be breathing this stuff and you should exit the building," Denman explained in haste. "Pronto!" Ash said.

[They nod at his words and turn towards the exit. Just as Lewis was doing the same, he hears a hissing noise. He turns around and finds the book slowly being consumed by the fungus.]

"No!" Max and Bella yelled simultaneously, the latter slapping a hand over her mouth. But no one noticed as everyone else was also expressing their own shock from the book getting ruined. "It's ruined!" Elliot whined. "The wish potion!" Kim balled her fists into her hair.

"See this is why we don't leave magical artifacts lying around," Lewis shook his head in disappointment. "Lewis, you're the one who laid it there," Emma narrowed her eyes at him.

"The book!" Max reached a hand out toward the screen. "It was bound to happen. Good things always come to an end," Mrs. Chatham sighed, upset about the book getting damaged and reminiscing about her time as a mermaid with her friends before coming back to reality.

"You guys should've grabbed it," Cleo sighed. She really wanted to make more wish potions, but because the book was now gone there was no way they could. "If you wanted to save it so bad you should've been there to rescue it," Rikki scoffed. "We were trying to save the café, what were you doing ole wise genie?" "Rikki, cool it," Emma warned.

Lewis: "My book!" Tries to run after it but Rikki stops him.

Rikki: "Lewis! Forget about your stupid book." Grabs him by the arms and they run toward the exit. Lewis looks back at it as they do, where it is now fully consumed, no longer to be seen.

Bella was pretty bummed out that the book was gone now. There goes my chance of getting to make a wish. I was so looking forward to it. Now the only thing I am looking forward to is finding that book when I return. There has to be more than one copy out there.

"Great, now how are you guys going to stop it?" Annette asked. "Well, that's just great," Will sighed.

"That book had a lot of valuable information," Lewis spat. "That book caused us a lot of trouble," Rikki argued. "Rikki don't start this again. It was your fault," Emma sighed.

"There goes my chance of studying it," Denman grumbled. She wanted to check out that wish potion and its properties. "There goes my chance of reading it. Man, I wish I could've gotten that book," Max sighed. He was hoping it had more information on mermaids and how they came to be. He could only get so far with the little information he has now. "Uh, hello. There goes their chance of saving the day," Sam informed. "I don't think so," Charlotte hummed in thought. Something tells me they have one more trick up their sleeve. "There goes my chance of making a wish," Elliot pouted, unknowingly reading Bella's exact thoughts. He was pretty jealous of Kim since she got to make one, even if it was by accident.

Unknown to him, Kim was running along the lines of those same thoughts. "So, you won't be able to make any more of the potion?" she asked. "Not without the book. We only made it once and unfortunately, I don't remember what it all takes and how much of each ingredients," Lewis sadly explained. If he could make another wish, he would wish for a way to get that book back. Kim frowned at that. If that's the case, the potion that Cleo has is now a limited supply. Then how were we able to get here? If she has to use it to save the day, there's no way there could be enough to both do that and transport us here. Could it?

"As sad as it is to see it go, you still need to get out of there," Lisa reminded them. "We're working on it," Rikki sighed. "Work a little faster then," Annette said a bit impatient. She didn't mean to be, but a restaurant was at stake, and it was really making her nervous.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Outside, the trio finally make it through the beaded curtains, coughing and gasping for air. Charlotte sees them run out and walks over. Lewis leans against the pole with Rikki and Emma facing opposite of him.]

Rikki: "I'm never going to get the stink of fungus out of my hair."

"What? It did stink," Rikki shrugged when her comment earned her some weird looks. "I'm surprised you didn't question that," Rikki snorted, a few others giggling with her even though the situation wasn't called for it. "I'm surprised I didn't hear that considering how loud you were," Charlotte laughed with her. "You didn't find it strange they were coughing for air or running out of the café?" Sam asked. "I just assumed something burnt inside. Besides, it's not the strangest thing that's happened that week," Charlotte shrugged.

"Really? That's what you were worried about? Not the hill-size monster growing inside the café?" Kim asked.

"You will still look good, babe," Zane grinned. "Not the time, Zane," Rikki huffed. "And don't call her babe. Not around me," Terry mentioned. "Dad," Rikki whined.

"Well at least you're away from danger," Lisa sighed. "Yeah, for now. Until that fungus starts coming outside," Neil said, still worried. "At least they're out. I'd rather have that than them eaten by the fungus," Terry sighed in relief.

Charlotte: stops behind them and frowns. "Hey? Where's that cranberry booster?"

"You were really wanting that cranberry booster," Will chuckled and Charlotte blushed in embarrassment.

"I'm amazed you didn't smell it," Lewis said. "Well, I did smell something, but I wasn't sure what it was," Charlotte admitted.

"Did you not hear the comment about fungus?" Annette asked her. "Not at the time," Charlotte mumbled.

"You can get your juice later. Right now, there isn't any way to make it," Bella said. "Do you not realize that the juice bar is getting eaten alive right now?" Annette exclaimed. "No mom, I wasn't there," Charlotte reminded her. "Oh. Right."

Emma: they turn to her. "That'll be a thirty-minute wait." Charlotte turns around and walks back to her table, the three of them continue to try and breathe the fresh air.

"You must've been so confused," Ash chuckled. "Very," Charlotte laughed.

"Thirty minutes?! It never takes that long even when the café is busy," Zane said in disbelief. "Considering the juice bar was inoperable, it might have taken longer," Emma shrugged. "From the looks of things, I say it might take all day," Neil commented. "We'll be lucky if the café hasn't been swallowed up in thirty minutes," Sam said.

Rikki: gestures to the inside. The trio leans further in to keep Charlotte from overhearing. "The fungus is taking over everything."

Emma: panics, extends her hands out to her sides. "What are we gonna do?"

"Run and hide is a considerable option," Ash mustered. "So is the end of the world by fungus and exposure of mermaids," Rikki quipped. "And losing my job," Emma crossed her arms. "How about get rid of it," Bella said in a duh tone. "What do you think we've been doing for the past hour?" Lewis raised his voice.

Lewis: "I don't know. But we better think of something." Turns and gestures to the distance. On the other side of the café property, Wilfred is guiding a camera operator and a person carrying a boom-mic across the lawn.

"Oh no," Neil groaned as Lisa felt her face go pale. "That's not good," Bella shook her head. "Things never are it seems," Will sighed. "And I thought it couldn't get worse," Zane said. "It just did," Harrison replied.

"If you think Emma was mad about the fungus, I'd dread to see Wilfred's reaction," Zane winced.

"And he's wearing his fancy clothes. He really meant business today," Cleo felt bad for him. Wilfred always wore either his work uniform or some fun and hip clothing to brighten up the restaurant. He always believed it could put a smile on every person's face. For him to be wearing something different, he must've been pretty serious about it.

Emma: "Wilfred! He's shooting his TV commercial here, I forgot!" Runs toward the oncoming group. Rikki rubs the back of her head, winces, and crosses her arms while Lewis sighs.

"That's going to be an interesting commercial," Will said. "Out of all days," Mrs. Chatham shook her head.

"After the morning you've had, it's completely understandable," Neil said. "Is it bad I was more freaked out about the commercial than the fungus?" Emma winced. "Why, camera shy?" Ash snickered. "I used to be captain of the swim team, I was not camera shy. But there was literally a giant fungus monster looming over our heads, and I didn't want to lose my job because of it," Emma argued. "Good point." "Please, that's the least of your worries," Lewis waved it off.

Wilfred: Emma stops in front of them near the boardwalk. Clipboard in hand. "Emma! I hope you're ready for this." The cameraman and boom-mic person stop behind them.

Emma: "Uhm ... not really. Can we do it another day?"

"They look like they really don't want to be there," Sam said. "Neither did I," Emma admitted. "Would you want to waste your talent on a lousy commercial?" Zane asked. "They're getting paid for it and it's their job. Something you wouldn't understand," Harrison told him.

"Wilfred might be a nice man, but he's not going to waste his money," Lisa sighed. "Unfortunately," Neil muttered. He didn't blame his old friend, but it was bad timing for his daughter. Not only was she in danger of the fungus, but she was also in danger of losing her job if Wilfred finds out about it. And at the rate it was growing, it was becoming mighty close to that.

Wilfred: lowers the clipboard. "Not unless you want to pay for these guys to come back." Emma looks at them, a worried frown on her face. "Come on, Emma, you're the face of the Juicenet Café." Spreads his hands out like an image.

"Really? I thought he'd be the face of it considering he's the, you know, owner," Ash said. "He wanted someone young and well-known to everyone. He said I had a friendly face perfect for the camera," Emma shifted uncomfortably.

"Why didn't he involve the other employees in this?" Bev asked. "I was working that day anyway, and he didn't want to pay no overtime for anyone. Money was already tight, and the camera crew already cost him a lot," Emma said. "Besides I was the one who suggested it."

"Someone's getting favoritism," Will grinned. "I think he means because she was the one that was going to be in the commercial," Lewis said.

Wilfred: to the crew. "This way, guys." Steps to the side but Emma stops him.

Emma: holds her hands out in front of him. "Wait." Brightens up, still panicky. "I've got a great idea. Why don't we start shooting outside?" Gestures to the lawn then angles her hands like a camera. "The sun, the water ..." Lowers her hands, the three look at where she was directing to. "Customers love that stuff."

"That's not a bad idea. And it's true. Customers do love a good view," Annette smiled. "And the café does have a great view of the water and the marina," Charlotte mentioned.

"Great thinking, that was quick," Max said, impressed. "How did you think of that one so fast?" Cleo asked. "I had about a hundred ideas running through my head the moment I saw him walking up," Emma said.

"Nice stalling," Ash grinned. "That at least gives you a bit more time to figure things out," Denman agreed. "And it keeps him from getting a heart attack the moment he sees his café destroyed," Rikki said. "Not helping, Rikki," Terry shook his head. "If he goes with it," Lisa said, having doubts.

Wilfred: thinks it over then shrugs with a smile. "I love it." He and the crew walk out onto the lawn to get shots of the outside. As they walk away, Emma quickly whips around and runs back to Lewis and Rikki.

"Phew," Don blew out a breath. "Thank goodness," Lisa said, her doubt gone. "Well at least he fell for it," Bella said.

"Outside shots of the café would be good for the commercial," Neil agreed.

"Great idea, Emma. Now hurry up and save the day," Elliot said.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Back at the Sertori house, the house phone rings in the office. Cleo walks down the stairs when she passes her dad in the office. He picks up the phone and answers.]

Dad: "Hello? Sweetheart, how are you?" Sits down in his seat. Cleo rushes to the door and sees the scene in front of her.

"You were thinking something else, weren't you?" Don winced slightly. He knew it must've given up a lot of hope for Cleo when he told her the truth. "Maybe a little," Cleo mumbled softly.

"Who's on the phone?" Elliot asked. "Someone who Cleo wasn't looking for," Kim gave her a small apologetic smile. She knew who she really wanted it to be. A tiny part of her also wished it could have been her, but she knew the reality of the situation. After all, it was her on the other line.

"Who are you talking to?" Bev frowned. Because she knew it definitely wasn't her. They haven't spoken since the divorce; this being the first time. A small thought made her heart skip a beat. Is it another woman? "You'll find out in a bit," Don bit his lip.

Don: "Sure, I can come over." Cleo smiles giddily in the corner. "See you soon, darling." Hangs up the phone with a sigh and smiles. Places the phone on the desk.

"Cleo, I don't want to give your hopes up. But I don't think it is who you think it is," Rikki winced. "Yeah, I realize that," Cleo rolled her eyes, a little mopey.

Bev felt bad for her daughter. How long was she going around that day thinking she would just appear out of nowhere? Hoping that the wish she had thought she granted would work? How many times did her daughter have to give up hope, to give up on her?

Don: turns to Cleo. "That was Kim." Stands up and walks over. "She wants me to pick her up at Lucy's."

"You went to Lucy's?" Elliot asked. "Yeah, we were hanging out," Kim shrugged. "You didn't stay long," Sam said. "Well, I was planning to, but then this girl that Lucy's friends with that I'm not came over, and I really don't like her, so I didn't want to stay and hang out with Lucy if I also had to hang out with her," Kim explained in a rush tone. "Preteen drama," Rikki shook her head. "And you thought your mermaid life was dramatic," Lewis chuckled.

Cleo: smile falters, looks down. "Oh. I thought it might have been someone else."

"Who else would he call sweetheart and darling?" Elliot asked, Lisa and Neil quickly shushed him. "Just ... someone else who used to be in our lives," Cleo glanced down, similar to onscreen. "Oh. Sorry, Cleo," Elliot winced, feeling bad for the girl. He didn't mean to bring up about her mom, but it was going to happen eventually.

"Who did you think it was?" Will asked. Cleo glanced at her mom then back at the screen. "No one. No – no one important."

Don: grabs his keys. Looks up to her. "Like who?" Cleo shrugs. Chuckles. "See you later then, princess." Walks toward the door.

Cleo: leans against the wall. "Yeah, see you later." Don walks out the door and closes it behind him.

Don flinched. He didn't see it at the time, but now he does. Maybe he should've talked to his daughter sooner, that way he wouldn't have to have her hopes given up so many times. Unfortunately, he couldn't see the signs. But he does now, and he will be here for his daughter when he couldn't be then. With the secret out now, he will make sure to be there and have time for his family, both with and without the mermaidness.

[The phone rings again.]

Cleo: rushes to the phone and answers. "Hello, mom?"

"Oh," Will winced as did several others. He didn't think about what Cleo has been wanting the most. She was expecting her mother to call. But wouldn't it have happened by now? Shouldn't the wish have worked its magic already?

Bev felt like her heart had fallen to the floor. She wished so much she had been on the other line. She wished she could have heard her voice from the other side of that phone. How she wished she could hear her daughter call her mom one more time. It felt like so long ago.

Sorry, Cleo, but I'm not your mom, Lewis thought feeling incredibly guilty for getting her hopes up. But they needed her, she was their only hope.

Cleo: deflates hearing the voice on the other line. "Lewis, I'm expecting a very important call right now."

"Not the one you were looking for, huh," Max sighed. I know the feeling. He too once sat by a phone for ages waiting for Gracie to call him. Fifty years later, he was still waiting, even after her death.

Charlotte felt bad for the girl. It wasn't her mom. How long has she been waiting for that? There was a time when she once did that when she was young, waiting for a phone call from her dad, to see if she would ever get to hear his voice again. What a waste of childhood that was. And a time when, after her grandmother had died, she thought she could hear her call for her, only to eventually realize it was just a voice inside her head. And now Cleo was going through several withdrawals herself.

Lewis felt bad. He had heard Cleo ask for her mom on the other line, but he had to overlook it at the time. "I'm sorry, Cleo. I should've talked to you about that," Lewis gave her a look. She knew what he meant; he wasn't talking about the wild wish potion. Cleo knew he was talking about her mother, for he had heard that little sentence she had blabbed out. Unfortunately, they never got the chance until they arrived here. "It's okay, Lewis. I shouldn't have been so impatient," Cleo sighed. I shouldn't have wasted my time.

"Why didn't you call on her cell phone?" Don asked. He hated to see Cleo get so upset. But truth be told, she was going to get upset eventually once she realized that he didn't wish for Bev back. "Because I had left my phone upstairs. Turns out he was calling it, but I couldn't hear it from downstairs," Cleo explained.

Kim bit her cheek. Don't be so hopeful, Cleo. I doubt she'll be calling anytime soon. She didn't call for months, why would she call now?

Cleo: listens to him and her anger fades, turning into shock. "The café is what?"

"Why would you call her? What can she do?" Zane asked. Bella smiled. She can make a wish. "She's part of my plan. But we needed her asap," Lewis explained. "Okay. Why?" Kim asked a bit skeptical. "Let's just say it was just a bit of ... wishful thinking," Lewis hinted with a big smile on his face. "No one needs to think about that twice," Max shook his head in humor.

"Do you really think it will work?" Denman furrowed her brows. "If it can make Kim have a shower and make Don's wish come true, I'm certain. And it was also our last chance," Lewis nodded. "Let's hope your brilliant plan works then," Harrison said. "Better stall some more, Emma," Ash said. "Working on it," Emma bit her cheek.

"Don't go, Cleo. I don't want you near the café!" Don shouted. "Sorry, dad," Cleo gave him a sheepish smile.

"You heard me," Lewis said. "Finally getting on board now are you, Cleo," he chuckled.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Outside of the café, the crew has their stuff set up ready to film. The cameraman has his camera set up on a pod with it pointed directly at Emma who is holding a smoothie in her hand, his face in the camera lens to get a good clip of her. The mic person was holding the large mic nearby with her headphones on to pick up the sound of Emma's voice. Rikki stands behind them watching with her arms crossed. Wilfred stands on the other side of the cameraman.]

Emma: acts in front of the camera on the patio, a small smile on her face as she stirs the drink with the straw. "Mm, these smoothies are ... smooth." Lewis runs up next to Rikki after getting off the phone with Cleo.

Wilfred: "Cut!" Emma grimaces.

"That's ... not bad," Lisa tried to be supportive. "Mom, it's fine. I know it was awful I was just trying to buy us some time," Emma remarked. "Well, it's working," Elliot nodded.

"That's what you call acting? Emma, we've seen you do better," Cleo asked. "Then again, she's gotten better since the whole Miriam icicle," Rikki grinned, knowing it would get her friend stirred up. "Can we please not bring that up again!" Emma huffed. Rikki's grin grew. It worked.

"That's the line?" Bella asked with raised eyebrows. "I didn't think it was half bad," Max shrugged. He loved puns. "Not entirely. You see I kept messing up the line he wanted me to say," Emma smirked. "Oh, clever," Ash sarcastically said.

Wilfred: steps forward. "It's 'sensational'." The boom-mic person lifts the mic out of the way.

Emma: "Ah!" Gives him a false apologetic smile.

Wilfred: "'These smoothies are sensational!'"

"Why don't he just do the line then?" Don asked. "He didn't think he had enough of a friendly face," Emma sighed. "If anyone thinks Wilfred isn't friendly, they're an idiot," Kim scoffed.

"That does sound better than smooth," Sam agreed. "But what about the pun?" Max whined.

"How can you mess that up?" Zane chuckled. "I meant to. I was 'nervous'," Emma air quoted. "You were nervous, we all were," Lewis said. "Yeah, since a gigantic fungus beast could burst through those doors at any second," Rikki added. "That explains why the filming was taking forever," Charlotte mumbled.

Emma: "Sorry. Can we do another take?"

"You're gonna have to since you messed it up," Neil said.

"How can Wilfred say no to that? Plus, he is spending the time and money to make the commercial. He's going to want it done his way," Annette said. "When you can't get it done right, you try and try again," Mrs. Chatham smiled. "If he wants it done correctly you will," Ash commented.

"Good job, Emma," Lisa said proud of her. Not because of her acting skills – oh no that was terrible – but because of her clever idea of wasting time until they could figure out what to do.

Charlotte: stands beside Rikki, hands on her hips. "Can somebody get me my cranberry booster? Today?"

"A bit impatient aren't you mate?" Zane chuckled. "It's been well over thirty minutes, I'm wasting daylight," Charlotte said. "But if I had known you were the only one working, I would've been less subjective about it. Sorry, Emma." "Not to mention the giant fungus slug eating away inside," Annette told her. "It's fine, Charlotte. It was a bit off from our normal schedule," Emma laughed nervously. "I had just assumed it was because of the commercial," she shrugged.

"That juice must be good," Bella grinned. "Why else would I wait for that long? Their juices are amazing. No way was I going to that other place," Charlotte shook her head. "Thanks for being a loyal customer," Emma gave her a smile.

Wilfred: lowers his clipboard and sighs. "I'll get it. You guys keep shooting."

"I wouldn't, Wilfred. Because you're definitely not going to like what's inside," Sam winced. "No one does," Annette shuttered.

"How can they keep shooting when there's no director?" Will asked. "It's a commercial and she only has one line. Not that hard," Rikki said. "You try being in front of the camera," Emma scowled.

Emma: panics. "No, I'll get it!" Places the smoothie on the post next to her. "Lewis, take over." Grabs his arm and starts pulling him away.

Lewis: "What?!"

Wilfred: and Charlotte confused. "Hold on!"

"You weren't expecting that now were you," Zane laughed. "None of us were," Charlotte giggled at Wilfred. "I thought she lost her mind," Lewis said. "I did the moment I saw the fungus in the freezer," Emma said through gritted teeth.

"Okay, why him?" Bella asked, confused. "He's a loyal customer. I thought it'd be a good idea to get it from a customer's perspective as well," Emma shrugged. "It was worth a try, as long as Wilfred didn't go inside." "For your job, you better hope he can act," Ash remarked.

Emma: pulls him over to the same place she was for the camera spotlight. He is now holding the juice. "We need to show a satisfied customer." Rushes off to 'get Charlotte's order'.

"It would do good for the commercial," Neil agreed. "Maybe next time he'll have the other employers so that way he can both shoot the commercial and serve the customers," Annette suggested. "I was the only one at the time," Charlotte reminded her. "It's a good thing he trusts you," Neil smiled.

"A satisfied customer to review it is a good idea. And I am a satisfied customer," Lewis smiled. "Can't wait to see how this goes," Cleo gave Lewis a teasing smile.

"Thanks, Emma," Lewis sarcastically said. "You're welcome!" Emma grinned.

Wilfred: gives up and shakes his head. "Alright, let's do it." Walks behind the camera.

"You're not going to get my order, are you?" Charlotte raised an eyebrow. "How can I when the fungus swallowed up the smoothie maker?" Emma asked. "Then what are you doing?" Will asked. "I was just trying to buy us some more time until Cleo could get there," Emma explained. "You better hurry it up then," Kim told her sister. "I was trying," Cleo defended.

Lewis: "Okay, um, what's my motivation?" Holds up the drink and straw.

"You're a customer drinking a juice, that's it, that's all you need," Harrison said. "Not that hard of a job," Zane scoffed. "I was trying to buy us some time here," Lewis said in a duh tone.

"You need a motivation to drink a juice?" Kim giggled. "Just drink it and give him your honest opinion. We all know it'll be good," Rikki said. "Otherwise, I wouldn't have waited almost an hour for a juice," Charlotte smiled. "It's a juice and you're a satisfied customer. What else do you need to know?" Terry said. "Who needs a motivation for a drink?" Elliot asked. "You need motivation? You're thirsty and there's a juice right in front of you. There you go," Ash said.

Wilfred: looks frustrated. "Just drink the juice and look satisfied." Lewis's smile falters. Points to the camera. "Action!"

"If you can't do this, then how are you going to make it as a scientist?" Rikki smirked. "I don't need to act to be a scientist," Lewis scoffed. "But it'd be easier if you didn't mess everything up," he quipped, making her smirk fall.

Lewis: he turns to see Cleo rush around the corner of the café. "Cleo." To the boom-mic person. "Take it, take it, take it!" Hands the juice to the mic person and runs toward her.

"What part of 'stay away from the café' do you not understand?" Don grabbed at his hair. "Sorry, dad," Cleo gave him a small smile. "Cleo!" Bev shouted in surprise. "Wow you know how to make perfect timing," Ash said, surprised. "Well, I didn't get the call until maybe ten minutes ago onscreen," Cleo shrugged.

"They're already holding the mic, how do you think they're going to be able to hold a drink whilst at it?" Will asked. "They got two hands. And she is quite strong," Lewis said as if it were obvious.

"Could've used you an hour ago, Cleo," Rikki sighed. "Better late than never," Max smiled.

Wilfred: groans even more annoyed. "Cut!"

"I don't know how much more of this Wilfred can take," Neil chuckled. "I think he's cut it up to teenagers being teenagers by this point," Lisa laughed with him. "It's more of us trying to clean up our mess without getting caught," Emma said. "That is the definition of teenagers," Rikki nodded.

Lewis: runs around the corner to the entrance where Emma just came out and closes the door behind her with Cleo in front of them. Whispers. "Have you still got the potion?"

Cleo: whispers, holds up the jar. "Not much. I used most of it on dad."

"Hang on. How do you only have that much left of the potion?" Denman frowned, leaning forward in her seat. From the amounts the Sertori girl has been using, there should've been enough for at least one more use after this one. "Yeah. It looked like there was plenty more in the jar after that last wish," Ash agreed. "Where did the rest of it go?" Charlotte asked. Cleo stayed silent, as she tensed up and gripped her arms. This didn't go unnoticed by the others.

"We're missing something. Something the viewing isn't showing us," Sam realized. "What is it?" Bella asked, she too noticed Cleo's tension. She knows something. From the looks of her friends, they know something too. "Maybe it wants us to find out for ourselves," Harrison said. Or maybe it wants the truth to be revealed to us another way, via Cleo, Kim thought, her eyes casting suspicion on her sister.

"That's a lie," Lewis whispered to her. "Oh, shut it," she hushed him. "Leave her alone, Lewis," Rikki narrowed her eyes at him. "At least she had good intentions," Emma whispered, trying to support her best friend. She understood, she would've done the same thing if she were in her position.

Lewis: grabs the nearly empty jar and observes it. "It'll have to do, but we need to try and wish this stuff out of here."

"Good idea," Ash nodded. "If it works," Will added. "Let's hope it works," Neil said. "I'm sure it will," Lisa hoped. "It's the only option we got," Lewis shrugged.

"I'm assuming it worked, considering you're all alive," Zane joked. The others glared at him. "Not funny," Cleo said through gritted teeth. "Not the time, Zane," Harrison sighed.

"Too bad we can't wish for the book back," Max grumbled. "There's more important things to do right now than to be greedy," Mrs. Chatham told him.

Lewis: to Emma. "And don't let anyone in."

Emma: "Like I'd do that. Hurry up." Rushes past them and back towards the crew. Cleo and Lewis go through the beaded curtains, but Charlotte sees them go in, a confused look on her face. She looks back to Emma who acts like nothing is wrong.

"Please hurry, I would like to go to the café again," Kim said. "Let's hope it's fungus-free after this," Annette mumbled.

"You'd think I'm crazy if I let anyone in," Emma scoffed. "Well clearly it didn't go as planned," Charlotte mumbled, grimacing on the inside.

"Good job on not getting caught, guys," Rikki sarcastically said. "Sorry about that," Charlotte winced. "It's fine. We should've been more careful," Cleo sighed. "We were in a hurry," Lewis said.

"What were you thinking when you saw them going in?" Will laughed at her reaction. "Well since I was told that the café was closed and have been waiting forever on a drink, I was a little mad when I saw Emma come out without one, and then those two go in even though it was supposed to be closed. I just assumed they were getting their own drinks, but considering they're trying to save the day, apparently not," Charlotte explained with an annoyed sigh. "My bad, but your drink was temporarily unfixable," Emma laughed nervously. "I can see that."

[Cleo and Lewis go inside the café, Lewis locks the doors behind him and covers the blinds back up. They take a few steps into the café and stop when they see that the fungus has now taken over half of the café floor and tables and is currently building its way up onto the posts and minibars.]

"It's gotten so much worse," Lisa gasped. "And it'll continue to get worse if they don't hurry and wish it away!" Annette shrieked. "We're working on that," Lewis held his hands up in defense.

"Our booth is gone," Rikki said, eyes wide. She hasn't seen it since it was last at the counter. Now it was taking over the tables and booths.

"It's like a never-ending supply," Bev said in shock. Too bad it wasn't an endless supply of wish potion, Cleo thought.

"I told you to stay away!" Don shouted. "I was, as far as I can," Cleo shuttered in disgust at having to see it. It still haunted her, and it's only been a couple of days now including the viewing. "Seems not since you're there and not at the house like I thought you were," Don huffed. "They needed the wish potion," Cleo argued. "Exactly. They needed the wish potion, not you," Don countered.

Lewis: holds his hands out toward her in caution. "Don't touch anything."

Cleo: shakes her hand, in shock. "Don't worry. I won't go anywhere near it."

"Good. If you're not going to listen, the least you could do is don't go near it," Don huffed.

"How are you not coughing?" Rikki frowned. "She hasn't been exposed to it long enough," Lewis said. "Lucky," she grumbled.

"Why would she touch it?" Kim said in disgust. "In case she was curious," he shrugged. "The only part I was curious about is how in the world it happened. And now I know," Cleo gave Rikki a pointed look. "Always the victim," she muttered. "Always the reason," Cleo giggled.

Lewis: runs over to the counter, or what's left of it. "And try not to breathe too much." Cleo holds a hand up and starts coughing, the jar still in her hand.

"There's the coughing," Rikki nodded. "And there's the exposure. Get out of there, Cleo!" Don said, worried for his daughter.

"For someone more human than the others, you'd think you'd be affected by it. But you seem completely fine," Denman frowned. "I guess because I'm used to all of this magical stuff. Not the first time I had to get my hands dirty," Lewis said. Max tilted his head in thought. He too was in similar situations where even though he was human, it was like he was used to this kind of stuff. Or at least expected it.

[Lewis grabs a water bottle from off the counter and holds it up. He loosens the lid and takes it off before walking back around the counter and stands behind Cleo, who is busy staring at the massive amount of fungus in shock. With her distracted, Lewis splashes the water on Cleo, shocking her from the cold water hitting her skin.]

Cleo: accidentally tosses the jar into the air and whips around to him. "Lewis!" The jar falls and rolls into the fungus.

"Lewis!" Don glared daggers at him as Bev gasped in shock, covering her mouth. "She has to be a mermaid for the wish to work," Lewis was prepared to run from his seat if need be. "I told you not to trust him," Kim shook her head. Never trust an ex.

"A little warning next time would be great," Cleo scowled at him. "Sorry." "Let's hope there isn't a next time," Emma glanced at Rikki. No one wants to see or breathe a fungus jungle again. "No promises," Rikki raised her hand.

"No!" Max gripped his head. "The jar!" Elliot pointed at it rolling away. "There go any chances of wishing it away," Zane sighed. "Oh no," Annette sounded defeated. "How are you going to get rid of it now?" Sam asked.

Cleo: glares at him before transforming and falls to the floor. "Ow!" Lewis stares at where the jar disappeared.

"Lewis, this is not how you get a girl to fall for you," Zane told him. "Rikki," Cleo scowled. "On it," Rikki whacked Zane aside the head. "I deserved that." "Oh good, you're learning," Rikki smiled teasingly.

"Are you hurt?" Bev asked worriedly. "I'm on a hardwood floor and landed on my back. It hurt worse than it normally does but I'm fine," Cleo reluctantly answered, not facing her.

Cleo: on the floor now in her mermaid form, narrows her eyes at him. "A little bit of warning would have been nice, Lewis." Sighs and rubs her tail.

"Great, just great. Now she's closer to the fungus and stuck on the floor," Don huffed, rubbing his forehead. "You better get her out of this, Lewis, or you're a dead man," he threatened. "I would like my daughter back without any fungus so if you could, kindly move her away from that, please," Bev pleaded. Oh, so now you want me back? Cleo thought in spite. "Move her out of the way, Lewis," Emma demanded.

"Now she's trapped," Bella sighed. Do you have any idea how hard it is to move around on land with a tail?

Lewis: ignores her and steps closer to the fungus, stares at it in dread. "Oh, no."

Cleo: glances back at the fungus then up at him. "What's wrong?"

Lewis: "The potion, we've lost it!" Shakes his head and waves to the fungus. Cleo winces and looks back at the fungus, now remembering about the potion.

"At least someone's focused on the mission," Emma sighed. "I was attacked and fell. Sorry if I was distracted," Cleo rolled her eyes.

"Isn't that your last chance?" Ash asked. "It is," Lewis answered. "It was," Will corrected. "Then how are you going to stop it?" he added. "Sometimes, when you're at your lowest, you got to dig deep to solve your problems," Lewis winced. "Oh, I'm not going to like where this goes," Charlotte dreaded.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Minutes later, Lewis finds a broom and starts hitting it against the fungus, trying to break away the surface to find the jar of potion.]

"Is it still going to be usable after this?" Kim asked. "If they can find it," Neil said. "It was. It was disgusting, but it was," Cleo nodded lightly.

"How are you going to find it? There's too much fungus to look through," Elliot complained. "And it keeps growing by the second," Sam said. "With that broom and pure luck," Lewis answered.

"Remind me to throw that broom out when we get back," Emma sighed.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Outside, Emma and the others were filming by the outside bar, when they hear thud noises coming from inside. Wilfred was on the machine side of the counter while Emma was on the other. Emma's eyes widen frantic hearing the noise. The camera crew and Charlotte were walking around when they pause; they too hear the noise. Rikki was carrying the boom mic.]

Wilfred: frowns. "What was that?"

Emma: turns to him. "What was what?"

"Good luck explaining that one," Ash chuckled. "Sounds like something broke," Lisa winced. She knew that noise too well. After hearing the sound of her dolphin figurine breaking into pieces, she could never forget it shattering. "The broom handle might have split a little but other than that it was fine," Lewis tilted his head. "And the fungus that it was covered in?" Emma raised an eyebrow. "You and I both know that it disappeared," Lewis whispered. "Still haunts us, Lewis. Still haunts us."

"Out of all times, why did it have to be so loud?" Lewis whined.

"Why are you carrying the microphone?" Terry asked. "I asked. She said I could as long as I don't break it," Rikki said. "Okay. Second question. Why?" he raised an eyebrow. "I wanted to. It seemed cool," she grinned. "You're a strange one, at that," Terry chuckled. "I'm your daughter."

Wilfred: leans against the counter. "That noise. It came from inside."

Charlotte: leans against the other counter next to Rikki. "It must have been Lewis and Cleo. They went in there a minute ago." Rikki lowers the boom mic for the stand to lean against the ground. Wilfred heads for the entrance.

"Charlotte!" Annette hissed. "Sorry, mom. I didn't know." "Thanks for snitching on us, Charlotte," Lewis chuckled. "Sorry. I didn't know what you guys were up to. I thought one of you got hurt or something when we heard the noise," Charlotte blushed in embarrassment. "It's fine. It all worked out in the end," Lewis waved it off. "Well one of us did get hurt, but it wasn't from that," Cleo grinned.

"I'm surprised you didn't hear me scream," Cleo said in surprise. "I think it was during the same time Emma was messing the lines up again," Rikki teased.

"It was them, but not for the reason you think," Will said.

Emma: "Oh, Wilfred, wait! I'm ready for another take." Wilfred walks past her, ignoring her. "Wilfred." Follows after him in a rush. Rikki, Charlotte, and the camera crew follow as well.

"Something tells me Wilfred doesn't like that," Don shook his head. "Your hunch is right," Emma winced. "It's going to be tough to get him to listen after that," Harrison said.

"For once he's not ready for a take," Emma scowled.

"What part of keep people out did you not understand?" Lewis asked. "Hey, I was able to manage that part," Emma crossed her arms. "She was doing her part, now you do yours," Rikki agreed.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Back inside, the fungus was now a lot closer, inches from Lewis and Cleo who was still lying on the floor, unable to move anywhere. It is a few feet away from the door, ready to break through at any minute now. The strength of the fumes has grown stronger and there was now more steam filling up the room.]

Lewis: bent down near the fungus with the broomstick still in hand. "It's in here somewhere."

"You better find it quick before Wilfred does," Max warned. "You better find it before it escapes outside," Annette corrected.

"You shouldn't be in there at all breathing that stuff. It's amazing you haven't passed out yet or gotten sick," Denman said in concern. "We took a well-deserved breather after that," Lewis nodded.

"It's already taken over the café. You need to stop it now before it goes outside. Once it does, it'll be impossible to contain," Sam informed. "It already is," Lewis sighed. "How is any part of that contained?" Kim exclaimed, freaked out that her sister was inches away from being infected by that gigantic germ.

"Lewis, get her away from that!" Don yelled. "There was nowhere else to go, dad. We were backed into a corner," Cleo gave him a small sad smile. "Like a zombie apocalypse," Will mumbled.

"It was hot, sweaty, and very stinky in there," Cleo waved a hand in front of her face.

[A knock comes from the door.]

Wilfred: on the other side of the door. "Open up, Lewis! I know you're in there." Lewis and Cleo look at each other. He slowly rises to his feet, contemplating on what to do.

"Now you're literally backed into a corner," Zane said.

"This is bad, this is bad. You got fungus here, a mermaid lying on the floor there, and the café is completely destroyed. How do you explain that?" Ash asked, rubbing his hair in distress. "A day in the life of a mermaid?" Bella shrugged. "Teenage stuff?" Charlotte suggested. "Magic," Mrs. Chatham laughed. "How about all of the above," Terry answered, most everyone agreed with him.

[Lewis makes up his mind and continues searching for the jar. As Wilfred continues to bang on the door, Lewis slams the broomstick back into the fungus in search of the jar.]

"Better get to looking faster, Lewis," Don urged. "Now you're talking. Get motivated," Denman nodded in encouragement. "You got this, Lewis. Come on!" Elliot cheered. "Search faster, Lewis. Hurry!" Kim said, panicking slightly. "Or you're going to be facing Wilfred's wrath after this," Zane chuckled.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Outside, Wilfred tries to push the door open, but it won't budge, and Lewis ignores him. The loud noises were still going on.]

Wilfred: "Emma, give me your keys." Holds a hand out.

"Can't ignore boss's orders," Ash grew concerned. "You're right. But it doesn't mean I can't drag it out," Emma smiled. "To a certain length. Eventually, you'll have to hand them over," Neil said. "Yes, eventually."

Emma: turns to Rikki. "My keys! Right." They all look at her expectantly. Charlotte and Wilfred frowns. "Where did I put them?" Walks around Rikki, the latter looks at her in worry.

"Clever," Max laughed. "What? I was worried about my keys," she shrugged like nothing was wrong. "After this, I'd be worried about more than just your keys," Lisa said. "I'd be worried about my job," Neil agreed. "I doubt that Wilfred will fire Emma. As much of a neat clean-freak she is, she's the best employee the café's got," Zane stated. "Thanks, Zane," Emma said, feeling weird about thanking him. "Anyone who can put up with Miriam and Nate is good in my books," he grinned.

"Oh, please. As if you actually lost your keys. You know where everything is placed, even when it's not your own," Rikki scoffed. "Rikki, you were there. You knew what I was doing," Emma frowned. "And I knew you were this close to risking getting fired too," Rikki pinched her fingers together. "I either lose my job from Wilfred, or I lose my job from fungus."

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Inside, Lewis scrapes the top layer of the fungus off with the broomstick, and finally finds the lid of the potion jar.]

"Yes! You found it!" Elliot fistbumped the air. "Oh, thank goodness," Don breathed in relief. Now Cleo will be okay.

"Great. Now use it and get that green gunk out of there!" Annette commanded desperately. "Quick, get it out before you lose it again!" Kim exclaimed. She hoped it worked because she would like to know what happened to the rest of the potion. And she has an idea where it went.

"Perfect timing too, cause Wilfred looks like he's about to burst through those doors any second," Ash nodded.

Lewis: "There it is. There it is. It still looks okay." Tosses the broomstick to the side, and nearly hits Cleo with it.

"Hurry up, Lewis!" Bella said. "You guys won't be if you don't hurry up and wish it away," Terry said impatiently. "It's about time," Denman huffed, arms crossed.

"You almost hit me," Cleo said in annoyance. "My bad," Lewis winced.

"It has to be. It takes a while for fungus to be able to break through a sealed glass jar," Sam mentioned.

Wilfred: knocks on door outside. "Open up, Lewis!"

Cleo: and Lewis look at the door then at one another. Whispers. "Lewis, hurry!"

"That's what I said," Bella shook her head.

"Better get to wishin, time's a tickin," Max tapped his watch.

"Do it before Wilfred finally gets in," Annette said in a rush.

[Lewis crawls across the floor in a scurry and grabs a red cloth from one of the closest chairs. Wilfred continues to knock on the door. Lewis covers his hand with the red cloth and reaches into the fungus and grabs the potion jar. With the jar now in his hand, he crawls over to Cleo and wipes it clean. Cleo coughs.]

"There we go," Ash blew out a breath.

"That cloth better not be ruined," Emma warned, eyes narrowed. "There are other things to worry about than a ruined broom and a cleaning cloth," Rikki rolled her eyes. "Everything went back to normal afterward. You know this," Lewis whispered.

"Lewis just do it already," Don said impatiently. He hated to see his daughter suffering from the intoxicating fungus. He didn't want her to get sick from this. She might be fine now, but who knows what could happen over time.

Lewis: "Fingers crossed this is enough for one last wish."

Kim, Elliot, and even the other teenagers crossed their fingers. Lisa and Annette – the kitchen lovers – found themselves doing it as well. "It better be," Don clenched his fist. "I'm sure it is, considering they're here, ya know," Sam reminded him. But she too was anxious to see the outcome.

"It's your last chance, it has to be," Kim said. "The last wish," Max sighed. He wanted to see more wishes; they all do. He wanted the book to return, he wanted Cleo and Lewis's relationship to be fixed. He wanted his relationship to be fixed with Gracie. But sadly, he knew that none of that could be done and that this was their last chance to make things right. For things to go back to normal. Most of it. "Sometimes you have to be selfless to be selfish," Mrs. Chatham gave her friend a sad smile.

Cleo: frowns. "Wouldn't it be nice if, you know, we could wish for something else?"

Cleo pouted. She knew what it meant when he said the last wish. There would be no more after that, or so he thought. Which is why she saved some to the side just in case. She wanted to be able to make her own. Sadly, now that won't ever happen thanks to the viewing and her stupid carelessness.

"We all do. But I think we all know what needs to be done," Mrs. Chatham gave her a sad smile. "It's the right thing to do," Kim gave her a sympathetic smile. She knew what she meant. She wanted to wish for her mom back too, that's what this whole thing was for to begin with. "If there were another option to get rid of the fungus, then yes," Will said. "You know what you have to do," Max nodded solemnly. "I just wished there was another option," she mumbled.

Lewis: "Like?" Pops the lid off the jar.

Like my mom, Cleo thought. Our family back, Don thought with a sad smile. For us to be back to normal, Lewis snuck a glance at Cleo. Money. So, we wouldn't have to worry about where we're going to live next, Rikki looked over at her dad. A lost family member, Charlotte bit her lip. Friends, Bella thought with a sigh. All thoughts they wished could come true but were too afraid to speak out loud.

Cleo: "Like something a whole lot better than getting rid of some fungus."

"Anything is better than wishing for fungus to disappear," Will scoffed. "But it's what needs to be done," Lewis said a bit gloomy. "And it needs to be gone," Annette shivered.

"Quit wasting time and just do it!" Kim snapped.

"I think that's the last thing anyone would wish for," Bella chuckled. "But what would you rather do? Wish for something you want or live in a fungus-free world without your secret exposed?" Sam asked. "We can't always be selfish," Mrs. Chatham sighed, answering for her. She wished she was fifty years ago.

Cleo: looks at him as Lewis lowers himself closer to her. "What would you wish for?"

Cleo and Lewis glance at one another. They both know what the other wished for. For Lewis to be back with Cleo. He wanted it so badly, but other priorities came first. Unfortunately, he knew Cleo wasn't wishing for the same. That's what he thinks at least. Cleo did want to be back with him. But her wish for her mom to return came first. It's what she wanted and what her whole family wanted. Like her father said, it wouldn't make her mom happy. And so, Cleo had to be selfless once for the sake of her family, and for the sake of her mother's happiness, and for the sake of the world as they got rid of this fungus.

Too bad we couldn't make two wishes, they unknowingly thought at the same time. So that way Lewis could wish for what he wanted. She might not have her mom back like she had hoped, but that would solve at least one mistake she made. One that would haunt her for a long time.

Lewis: gives her a look. "I think you know." Cleo glances down.

Charlotte bit her lip. She knew what he would wish for too. He had mentioned a time or two as to how much he missed being with Cleo, his childhood best friend. And as much as she cared for Lewis, she knew she too had to be selfless this once for Lewis's own happiness rather than her own. If he wants to be with Cleo, and if that's what the brunette herself wants, then she'll let it be. They were meant to be, it was obvious to everyone there.

Annette grabbed ahold of Charlotte's hand. She knew what she would wish for too, but it was a fighting conflict between him or her grandmother. And she knew Charlotte knew what Lewis wants the most. And she would rather Lewis be happy with someone else rather than be with her and not be truly happy.

Lewis: shakes his head. "But we don't have time for this right now." Scoots closer. Dabs the last of the potion onto his fingers and smears it onto Cleo's cheek.

"Please work, please work," Elliot crossed his fingers. "It's got to," Kim too crossed her fingers.

"Considering you two are about to get eaten alive by fungus, exposed to the whole world, and Wilfred barging in at any second, I'd say you're right," Sam nodded.

"Hurry, Lewis!" Don shouted. "Chat later, wish now!" Rikki clenched her hands together.

Lewis: closes his eyes. "I wish for ..." Says the rest inside his head. Immediately, Cleo feels the potion sparkle and vanish on her cheek. She looks sad knowing that this was the last wish.

"Don't worry, darling. Maybe one day you guys can recreate the potion somehow and make some more," Don gave her a hopeful smile, seeing her sad expression onscreen. "Maybe one day," Cleo sighed.

"What did you wish for?" Bella asked curiously. "Isn't it obvious? I wished for the fungus to disappear," Lewis said in a duh tone.

"Here we go," Harrison said, leaning forward in his seat in anticipation, as did many others.

"Feels like a waste of a wish," Charlotte mumbled. "It's for the right thing," Annette put a hand on her shoulder.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Outside, Emma continues to 'look' for her keys.]

Emma: "Keys ... I know I put them around here somewhere." Looks around.

"You're still looking for your keys?" Ash laughed. "What can I say? I can be a forgetful girl," Emma smiled.

"I see Wilfred gave up on knocking," Will chuckled. "No point if they weren't going to give in," Charlotte grinned. "Emma," Neil shook his head while laughing. "That is so unlike you," Lisa chuckled. "It needed to be done," Emma grinned. "Emma's never forgotten something in her life. It's the key to her organizing," Elliot declared. "Nice pun," Emma laughed making her brother smile.

"You guys have no idea how many times she said that," Rikki shook her head in annoyance. "I'm pretty sure Rikki was going to help me look if I kept going," Emma laughed.

"Thanks for the distraction, Emma," Lewis beamed. "At least it worked," she sighed. "At least it lasted long enough," Rikki looked over at Charlotte. Since someone gave it away.

"What happened to Wilfred's keys?" Terry asked curiously. "He left them in the car," Emma grinned.

Charlotte: sees something stick out of her pocket. "Aren't they your keys in your back pocket?"

"Well thanks a lot, Charlotte," Ash sighed. "Sorry. But hey at least they got it done. I hope," Charlotte blushed.

"The charade was good while it lasted," Harrison said.

"Why did you have them sticking out of your back pocket? You could've went a whole lot longer if not," Lewis complained. "I had to give it up eventually. Besides, I didn't know the strap was hanging out," Emma winced. "Good thing no one noticed till then. Again, sorry about that," Charlotte flinched.

"You did good, Emma," Lisa smiled at her. "Thanks, mom," she returned the smile.

Emma: winces then laughs it off. Pulls the keys out of her back pocket. Tilts her head and turns to Charlotte. "Gee. Thanks, Charlotte."

"That felt sarcastic," Charlotte laughed. "Yeah, sorry. We had no way of knowing if they got it under control in there or not," Emma said apologetically. "Until we opened the door," Rikki mumbled.

"You could've shot us a text," Emma whispered. "We didn't have time. It disappeared seconds before you opened that door," Lewis whispered back.

"It's okay, dear. You didn't know," Annette told her daughter.

[Wilfred snatches the keys away from Emma and turns to the door. He puts the key in and unlocks the door. Rikki turns to Emma with a nervous glance. Wilfred slides the door open and walks through the beaded curtains, the others follow him in. Inside, everything was normal and clean. No fungus in sight. Everything was back to the way it was. Cleo sat at the counter in her human form with a menu lying in front of her. Lewis was on the other side of the counter making Charlotte's order.]

"Yes!" nearly the entire theater cheered. "You did it!" Kim clapped in excitement. "I can't believe it," Denman said, gawking at the screen. "Told you everything was normal," Charlotte told her mother with a grin. "Oh, thank goodness," Annette said in relief, slouching back into her seat. No more fungus, no more fungus. She felt like she was going to go insane if she saw any more. "You saved the café!" Elliot said eagerly.

"The wish worked?! It got rid of it all?" Lisa asked, hopeful. "Every single bit of it. Not a spot left in sight," Lewis answered. "Including the rest of the potion," Cleo said quietly.

"How did you get back to human so fast?" Sam asked. "I was drying up just as the fungus vanished. I've been sitting on that floor for quite a few minutes, long enough for me to dry at a normal rate," Cleo explained. Don let out a breath and smiled seeing his daughter sitting in the chair. She's safe

"Wow, that was fast," Max said impressed, but the thought of the book gone still lingered. "The mysteries of magic," Mrs. Chatham chuckled.

Bella bit her lip. She was a bit bummed that the last wish worked, but glad to know that their favorite hangout place was saved. Maybe one day she can come see it for herself.

Wilfred: to them. "What's going on?"

Lewis: "Just making a juice." Walks around the counter with the juice and grabs a straw, walks toward them. Everyone has now filed in including the camera crew. Rikki and Emma look around in amazement.

"How did you know how to fix a smoothie?" Charlotte asked curiously. "I've been around the café long enough to know how it works," he smiled. And definitely not because that is Cleo's favorite too and I learned how to make it because she orders it so much. It's pretty much the only one I know how to make. "Lewis could work there if he wanted to. He knows how the system works," Emma said. "But dealing with people is not what I like to do," Lewis announced.

Lewis: to Charlotte. Hands her the drink. "Your cranberry booster."

Charlotte: takes it. Sighs. "Thanks. Finally." Hands the money to Wilfred, gives him an annoyed look. Walks out of the café.

"Honestly, Charlotte, he would've given it to you for free after all the trouble. You did have to wait a long time for it," Emma told her. "It's fine. I know Wilfred needs it, especially after having to pay for that commercial," Charlotte said. "Well, thanks, Charlotte. And you've got quite the patience," she laughed. "Not much after that," the redhead too laughed. "That's nice of you," Annette smiled at her.

Wilfred: takes it. "Right. Well, we'll set up over here." Emma looks at Lewis in silent amazement. He, her, and Cleo share the look. Points to the corner for an ariel view of the café. Turns to Emma and gives her back her keys. "Could you make some more juices, Emma?"

Emma: "Sure thing." Wilfred and the camera crew head to the side to start setting up.

"You guys must have been so confused seeing it gone," Will laughed. "Oh, you have no idea," Rikki shook her head. Considering me nor Emma got to see the wishes work.

"What happened to the juice from earlier?" Terry asked. "Someone got a little thirsty," Emma gave the other blonde a pointed look. "Well, I wasn't going to let a perfectly good juice go to waste," Rikki tossed her hands in the air.

"I'm surprised Wilfred hasn't banned any of you after all of that," Harrison laughed. "Nah, he likes us too much to do that," Rikki grinned. "And he needs me to fix the internet and computers," Lewis explained. "Emma's his best employee. I doubt he'll get rid of her," Neil remarked.

"How did you know which ones to make?" Bella asked. "I just made our top five, most popular," Emma answered.

Rikki: walks over to Lewis, crosses her arms. Emma walks around the counter to get started on the drinks. Whispers. "Where did it all go?"

Lewis: shrugs and rubs his hands together. "Someone must have made a wish." Grins then turns around and walks past Cleo to help Emma. Cleo smiles at her as Rikki looks around the café.

"The only possible explanation," Rikki sarcastically said. "We tried everything. It pretty much is," Emma said.

"So, how'd you explain all the noises heard from inside?" Zane asked. "Tried to kill a roach. Wilfred didn't question it any further and asked us not to bring up a word about it," Lewis grinned. "For the record, there are no roaches in the café. I make sure everything is neat and tidy," Emma declared. "With you working there, it's expected," Cleo grinned. "Besides Miriam coming around, that's it," Zane snickered.

"So did you guys get any filming done?" Will asked. "Afterwards," Emma said. "It took forever. Longer than the fungus," Rikki sighed in exhaustion. "You didn't have to stick around, you know," Emma raised an eyebrow. "Had nothing else to do," Rikki shrugged. Couldn't hang out with Zane since he was with his dad.

"It's insane how all of this was only within a couple of hours," Ash asked, a bit impressed once the mess was gone. "Felt longer," Emma laughed.

"So, everything's normal now? Everything is fine, even the food?" Annette asked suspiciously. "Like the fungus was never there," Lewis grinned. "Yet it was," she shuttered.

"It is kind of like the genie legends. You could only grant three wishes and there you go," Sam smiled. Except it wasn't like that, Cleo thought. For there was a fourth.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[After the crazy morning she's had, Cleo returns back to her home. She walks in the door and gets on the bottom steps when her dad stops her.]

Don: walks out of the office with a box in his hand. "Cleo, you were right. My wish came true!" Walks past her and goes into the living room.

"R-really?" Bev asked in surprise and highly confused. Obviously, she wasn't there. What in the world did he wish for?

"That took a while," Harrison said. "Let's just say it took a little bit to process," Don rubbed his neck. He felt bad for these next few moments for Cleo. She thought it was entirely something else and he had no idea.

"That's great!" Lisa said, happy for him. "So, what was it? What did you wish for?" Neil asked. Don remained silent and nodded toward the screen.

"No questions asked as to where she's been?" Annette asked. "She's in and out all the time. And from what we've seen, sometimes it's best not to question it," Don stated. "Rikki does the same thing," Terry chuckled. "And I guess our little girl does too," Neil said in amusement.

Cleo: gets excited. "Really? Oh, dad, that's great! I'm so happy for you."

"And I really am, dad. I am now," Cleo gave him a smile. If that's what he wants – if he doesn't want to be with mom and is happy here with us – then I'm happy for him. Don smiled at her and gave her a hug, which Kim quickly joined. She knew what Cleo meant. She knew she didn't mean this exact moment that was happening onscreen, but the moment that was big for them that happens in just a few minutes. One that let their family finally breathe and let their emotions out. One that took a burden they kept carrying on their shoulders off of them. One that made them a happy family once again, even when they weren't whole. That moment was going to quickly feel dull in a second.

Bev looked at them in confusion, and slightly hurt for not being able to join them. It would just be too awkward if she did. But she was curious as to what caused this stir of a moment.

Lisa and Neil look at one another, happy. It reminded them of Emma, who was always willing to do everything she could to make her family happy, for anyone's happiness.

Cleo: walks into the living room and looks around. "So, where is she?"

Don: glances at her then back at the table as he opens the package. Next to him, Kim sat on the floor doing her homework at the table. "Where is who?"

"Oh," Lewis's smile fell. He knew that this was going to hurt her a lot. Whether she showed it or not, he knew it would. "Well, we know she isn't talking about Kim," Rikki winced upon realizing who she was talking about.

"Oh Cleo," Bev whispered, tears threatening to come back as she too figured it out. She was looking for me. She thought I was there. She thought, she thought I was coming home. She went to reach a hand out toward her, but Cleo flinched away. She doesn't even look at her, but Bev could see her jaw set. "Don't."

"She's not there," Kim whispered to herself, clenching the armrests. She hated having to watch this again. It was probably one of the hardest moments they had ever discussed about their mother, apart from the time when they realized she wasn't coming back. Yet, it was also one of their greatest moments together. Because they grew closer as a family. A wall that was building between them all because of their mother was finally being broken down thanks to this very moment. The Sertori family found it hard to believe that this was just a few days ago. It felt like so long ago now.

Cleo: "Mom, of course."

"Oh, sweetie," Lisa gave her a sad expression. She had lost her mother too. The thing is Cleo's mother was still around. Lisa's wasn't. For Cleo to believe her mother was back when in reality she wasn't, it had to be a terrible feeling for the young girl. Which is why she always invites the girls to her house as much as they like. Cleo nor Rikki had a mom in their life, and if they needed one, she didn't mind filling in as a somewhat motherly figure in their lives. She enjoyed their company, and she hoped they enjoyed hers. Those two will always be like second daughters to her.

"Who else would I be talking about?" Cleo mumbled to herself. "I should've known something was up when you said her name," Don sighed, shaking his head. But he was so invested in the new fish finder, that he wasn't even thinking straight.

Don: picks up the brand-new fish finder out of the box. Stares at it. "What are you talking about?"

Cleo: confused. "What are you talking about?"

"What are you two talking about?" Elliot asked, clueless. "Elliot, not now," Lisa sighed, shaking her head at him. She loved her son and wished she could answer his questions. But this was something she couldn't and really shouldn't answer. It wasn't meant for her to talk about. Elliot was just a kid, he wouldn't understand what the two truly meant.

"I think you two are on very different pages," Ash winced. "Forget different pages. It feels more like two different books," Rikki corrected. "From different libraries," Charlotte sighed. She still felt bad for the Sertori family. She and her mom went through the same thing, except Charlotte feels like she probably gave her mom more difficulties than them, considering she was much younger. She still has a few hazy memories of her crying for her dad back, constantly asking her mom where he was and when he was going to return home. There was never an easy answer. It still wasn't.

"I'm sorry, Cleo," he gave her an apologetic look. "It's okay, dad. That was your wish. Not mine," she whispered to him to prevent her mom from overhearing.

"This is about to get awkward," Will shifted uncomfortably. It felt like a private moment they were invading. It's not like they meant to, but they were placed here for a reason unknown to them. To most of them at least. "It's much worse than awkward," Bella remarked quietly. It's sad.

Don: looks to Cleo. "My fish finder." Takes the safety foam off the screen. Looks back at it and shows it to her. "It's been playing up." Looks back at her. "When you asked me to make a wish, I wished I had a new one. And now I have."

He wished for a new fish finder instead of me?! Bev thought jaw dropped. She never felt so infuriated and relieved at the same time. Relieved that Don might be okay with her not being around and that he wasn't going to push for her to come back. However, she was quite annoyed and a tad bit jealous that between a fish finder and her ... he chose a fish finder. Now that's humiliating.

"You could have wished for anything in the whole world, and you asked for a new fish finder?" Terry laughed lightly. "Unbelievable," Zane scoffed in amusement. "That is so like you, Don," Harrison laughed. He could've asked for all the money he could ever dream of, and instead, he asked for a brand-spanking-new fish finder.

"Fishermen," Lisa chuckled, shaking her head. She was so lucky that Neil wasn't very fond of fishing. Otherwise, she would probably be stuck on a boat with him nearly every weekend.

"He wished for something he needed that he enjoyed. It makes him happy," Sam smiled in amusement. It's not what she expected, but hey, if it made the man happy, then so be it. "It's his wish, let him do what he wants," Denman said. To be honest, if it were her in that position, she would've asked for more science equipment. And she has a feeling that if things had turned out differently for him and his love life, a certain teenage scientist would have wished for the same thing.

Kim: looks up. "He won it in a raffle." Cleo's smile falls and a scowl immediately takes its place.

"Sure, you did," Will smiled with a sarcastic tone. "Technically I did," Don held up a hand.

"Starting to think that raffle was rigged," Annette laughed.

"Someone's not happy about it," Max said, noticing Cleo's mood change. "I was expecting something entirely else, of course I wasn't happy," Cleo snapped before shaking her head. "Sorry," she sighed.

Don: nods his head and turns back to Cleo. "Yeah, down at the wharf. Must be my lucky day. Isn't it great?"

"Some luck, huh?" Zane grinned. "That's some wishful thinking," Charlotte smiled. "I don't think that was luck," Emma turned to Cleo with a smile, but the brunette couldn't bring herself to return it.

"Did you even sign up for it?" Bev asked, eyebrow raised. "I did, but I didn't think I'd win," Don mentioned. "I needed a new fish finder and one just appeared out of nowhere, it felt lucky to me."

Cleo: "You wished for a fish finder?"

"Kind of felt like a bummer, didn't it?" Don asked, feeling guilty. "Dad, it's okay. It was your wish," Cleo reminded, but she too couldn't help but feel a little bummed out. At the time she wasn't so worried since she still had one more saved for later. Obviously, things didn't go as planned.

"Sounds like it's one of the last things you would wish for," Max chuckled. "It's dad, what do you expect?" Kim smiled.

Cleo: Don puts the fish finder back in the box and picks up more items that came with it. "Dad, aren't there more important things in life than fish?"

"Honestly, I should've expected this when you were trying to work on it earlier," Cleo sighed. I should've put the puzzle pieces together.

"Well, considering he fishes for a living, it's pretty tough to beat," Lewis summarized. "Lewis, not helping," Emma shook her head.

"There's a lot of important things in life, but it's different for everybody and how high they are willing to go for it," Mrs. Chatham turned to Cleo. Ever since the audience realized there was some missing from the potion jar, she knew Cleo had to have known about it. The only person to grant the wishes, the only person to have the jar.

Don: observes the item in his hand. "Like what?"

Cleo: yells, shakes her head, and frowns. "Like mom, of course!" Kim and Don look up at her. They stop what they are doing.

"That got their attention," Ash said. And it got mine too, Bev thought. She, she wanted me back? She wants me back? "It got my full attention," Don mumbled. It should've gotten my full attention ages ago.

"There are more important things than one parent that's not even there," Rikki looked over at her dad. The more important one to me is the one who stayed. "The one who chose me," Charlotte gave her mom a small smile.

Cleo: simmers down a little. "I just thought if you could have one wish, you'd wish for mom to come back."

"It makes sense," Emma muttered. A wish to have anything in the world, and instead of wishing for his wife back, he got a fish finder.

"A wish to have the perfect family back," Annette sighed. "But was it perfect?" Sam asked quietly. "It was to me," Cleo whispered, having heard the question.

"If you did wish for her back, would it have made you happy? To know that she was there against her own will? That you had to make a wish for it to happen?" Mrs. Chatham questioned. "Louise, I don't think this is something we should be involved in," Max warned her as he noticed the Sertori mentioned looking ready to burst into tears as she stared at the screen. He wasn't even sure if she had heard her, but they shouldn't get involved in family matters.

Don: looks at both of his daughters and sets the items back down in the box. "Okay, girls. Come here." Gestures for them to join him on the couch. Slowly sits down on it, and Cleo and Kim sit on each side of him. Wraps a comforting arm around each of them, the two Sertori girls look a little sad.

Rikki glanced over at her dad. It was the exact same thing her dad said and did to her right after her mom left. The only difference is that Rikki didn't voice her opinions out loud like Cleo did. She kept everything in since a young age, so that way it wouldn't be used against her again. Now thanks to her friends and Zane, that was starting to change.

Don: "Your mom and I weren't happy together, but she is now." Looks to each of them. Cleo glances at the floor. "She's made a new life for herself. And you can go and see her anytime you want."

Cleo: nods sad. "Yeah, we know." Kim pouts.

"Yeah," Kim bit her lip. She went and made a new life without us. She didn't want us in it.

Bev stared at the screen as tears slowly started to fall down her cheeks. He – he's defending me ... after everything I did. I left them, I left him just to be happy and he's defending me?

"Yet we didn't," Cleo said quietly, glancing down at the floor. Because why go see a parent who didn't want you around? Why go visit someone that wanted to start a life without you? Cleo sighed. What was the point in making the wish? What was the point in any of this? Seeing it now, we were probably better off without her. Dad wants us and he's happy. We're happy, without her.

Lewis looked at Cleo with a sad expression. He knew how hard it had to be for Cleo. He couldn't understand and he probably never would, but he knew. Which is why that no matter how they broke up or if they won't ever get back together again, he will always be there for Cleo. He will always be there for his best friend. And he had no doubt that the other girls and now her family will too.

Don: "And to be honest with you," Sighs. "I'd love to have her back." Looks to Kim. "But she'd still be unhappy."

"Feels like memory lane," Terry mumbled. It's something he had to repeat to himself multiple times to remind him to move on. For Rikki.

"Admitting it to yourself helps," Annette gave him a small smile. It was the same thing she thought many years ago. Although she was a bit more spiteful about it.

Cleo: "I guess. But what about your happiness, dad?"

"I'm happy with or without her. Because I have you girls," Don smiled as he hugged them. Bev bit her cheek. Are you defending me or ignoring me? Choose. Just like she made her choice.

"Even for a parent, their children's happiness always comes first," Neil smiled at his two. "Don't think your happiness doesn't matter either, dad. Both of yours," Emma said as she looked at both of her parents. Lisa smiled as she wrapped an arm around her husband's; he too smiled back at her. "We are happy."

Kim: perks up. "He is happy. Aren't you, dad?"

Don: nods. "You bet. I've got you two, right?" Don looks at both of them.

Kim: smiles. "Right."

Cleo: brightens up. "Right." Leans further onto the couch and the three of them hug it out.

"As long as you are all happy, that's all that matters," Charlotte reassured while smiling at her mom. "Sure is," Terry agreed as Rikki grinned at him. "Something I should've learned a long time ago. There are more important things than money," Harrison said as he looked at his son, the both of them smiling. "You'll always have us," Kim beamed. Unlike someone.

"Okay, well that's the end of it," Don sighed as the screen darkened. "It's a shame, I was beginning to enjoy it," Charlotte pouted playfully. "Of course, you were," Annette laughed as she shook her head. "There's no more to see," Cleo said as she clapped her hands together a bit nervous, hoping that it wouldn't show what happened that night, as to how they really got here.

"Strange. It didn't show the full moon," Emma tilted her head. "Wait. That night was a full moon?" Kim asked, her eyes widened. "Yup. Funny, the first time we don't get moonspelled on a full moon, and we get transported here," Rikki crossed her arms. Unaware of what she revealed, Kim stared at her sister, it going unnoticed by Cleo.

"Alright well it was nice seeing you all, it was nice to meet some of you and I hope you all have a good night," Lewis said as he stood up preparing to leave. And some of you I hope to never see again, he thought as he quickly glanced at the biologist. "Okay and ... why are we still here?" Rikki asked as she gestured around, everyone else looked around them.

It was a question all of them wondered, as they were all still in the same places in the theater room. They look around them, nothing happened nor has anything seemed to change. The only difference was that the screen was now black.

"It's over. Shouldn't we be home by now?" Elliot asked his sister. "I don't know. Why isn't anything happening?" Emma asked and Mrs. Chatham too had a frown of confusion on her face. She leaned forward in her chair and looked to her old friend for answers, but even Max was just as confused as she was. "Did something go wrong?" Lisa asked worried as she held on to her son. "I'm – I'm sure we're fine. There's no need to panic," Lewis tried to get them to remain calm. "There's something wrong if we're still here," Denman frowned, feeling fear rising in her chest. "Do you think we are supposed to do something?" Sam asked. "Like what?" Bella asked, trying not to panic herself. They were mermaids stuck in a magical place, there was bound to be something they had to do. Right?

"Maybe, maybe ... maybe we need to find an exit," Lewis snapped his fingers as he walked away from the theater seats. "Oh, sure. I'm sure every magical theater has an exit for us to walk out of," Rikki sarcastically said, rolling her eyes. "It's magic, Rikki. None of us knows how it works," Lewis paused and said in a bored tone, then continues looking around in search of a way out. "Come on, guys. It'd be better if all of us helps," Emma sighed as she too stood up. Rikki was reluctant to, but Emma dragged her by the arm.

With that, everyone else slowly began to search for a possible extra door. Harrison stood up and was about to join the others when he noticed Zane remained slouching in his seat. "Get up, Zane. The more of us that helps the quicker we can get home." Zane grumbled in complaint but reluctantly got up from his seat to help. He would like to see his own bed again. "Check under the seats too. Maybe there's a trap door somewhere," Neil said as he looked under one. "Why would there be one under our seats?" Terry frowned, standing nearby. "Magic, you never know," Neil joked.

"We'll check the dorms!" Kim shouted as she suddenly grabbed Cleo by the wrist and dragged her away in a rush. Everyone stared at them dumbfounded as they watched the two sisters race into the dorm rooms, with the oldest sister being forced by her own will. When Cleo is through the door, Kim slams the door shut behind them. "What's gotten into them?" Don asked as he turned to his ex-wife who shrugged, just as clueless as he was. "That was weird," Will said. "Eh, we've seen weirder," Rikki shrugged. "We just watched a fungus jungle try to take over the café. It's not the weirdest thing we've seen," Ash chuckled.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

In the dorms, Kim had just swung the door open to their dorm when Cleo finally came to her senses and out of her shocked state as to what was going on. "Kim? Kim!" Cleo yanked her wrist out of her sister's grip and rubbed it. She's a lot stronger than she looks. "What's gotten into you?" Cleo frowned.

Kim turned around to look at her sister, the two of them in the middle of the dorm room that they called theirs the past few nights. "How did we get here, Cleo?" she asked, surprising her sister. Cleo looked around confused. "Because you dragged us here?" Kim sighed. "No, I meant why are we here? How did everyone get here in a theater to watch your secret life?" she crossed her arms. Cleo opened her mouth and then closed it, laughing a little as her nerves began to take over. She felt her heart begin to race. "I – I don't know what you're talking about."

"Don't play dumb Cleo. Was it because of a wish?" Kim raised an eyebrow, and she half expected her sister to jump slightly like she did. "What are you – what –?" Cleo couldn't find the words to say or form, but luckily – or unluckily whichever way you see it – Kim saved her by interrupting her. She knew they weren't going to get anywhere if her sister kept rambling like nothing was wrong. "'I wish we knew the truth'? Does that ring a bell?"

With that out, Cleo's eyes widened at the all too familiar wish that brought them here. The wish that caused them to be here. "Kim don't say that!" she hissed as she lowered her voice, stepping closer to her sister. "Why? Why shouldn't I say that?" she challenged, but Cleo couldn't find it within her to fight back. She didn't know how to tell her the real reason she shouldn't. She was so afraid that if anyone made a wish, it would stir up another from the full moon.

As Mrs. Chatham always said, anything can happen with magic.

"You know the real reason why we are here, you just won't say it. But you're hiding something, and the full moon is protecting you, isn't it?" Again, Cleo remained silent and looked down.

Kim began to slowly walk around the room. "Wishes, a missing amount from the potion jar, the full moon, the blue light. And now a viewing. You were all there for it," Kim listed off, counting them with her fingers. "Kim, what's this about?" Cleo shook her head and looked Kim straight in the eyes. If she was going to drag her in here against her own will, she might as well rip it off like a band-aid.

Kim stopped in front of her sister and looked her in the eyes. Panicked ones meet curious ones. And the more Kim thought of the wishes, of her 'shower', of her dad's gift, and the vanishing goo, she knew it had to be because of something else as to how they were here. Whatever caused this was much more powerful than just simple wishes like those were made. An entire room of about twenty people were transported here along with food, big rooms and baths, and comfy seats. It was all too much, too detailed. Something that simple couldn't be so creative like this. So, what was the real reason as to why they were here?

"Cleo ... is the reason we're here because of my wish? Are we here because of me?"

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

296 18 28
Disclaimer: This fanfiction takes place in an alternate timeline where none of the events in the actual season 3 of H2O Just Add Water has happened. ...
115K 2.9K 40
Will Johnson has a big secret. He is a merman. When he moves to the Gold Coast of Australia, he meets three girls named Cleo, Rikki, and Emma. They b...
4.9K 61 16
(I DO NOT OWN BOTBOTS! The show is owned by Kevin Burke) Burgertron loved being a bot in the mall. Being cool. Chill. And hanging out with his friend...
C x C Av C

Fanfiction

825 67 22
Cato & Clove short stories/ Imagines/ Texts/ Social media- Anything I feel like. - Read the A/N for additional information. - Im also open to sugge...