A Wish on a Full Moon

Autorstwa FlareSouth511

After Cleo accidentally grants Kim's wish on the night of a full moon, everyone including enemies, family, an... Więcej

Kim's Wish (Part 1)
Kim's Wish (Part 2)
The Letter
Metamorphosis (Part 1)
Metamorphosis (Part 2)
Pool Party (Part 1)
Pool Party (Part 2)
Catch of the Day (Part 1)
Catch of the Day (Part 2)
Time to Talk
Party Girls (Part 1)
Party Girls (Part 2)
Something Fishy (Part 1)
Something Fishy (Part 2)
Young Love (Part 1)
Young Love (Part 2)
Moon Spell (Part 1)
Moon Spell (Part 2)
Roommates
The Denman Affair (Part 1)
The Denman Affair (Part 2)
Dangerous Waters (Part 1)
Dangerous Waters (Part 2)
The Camera Never Lies (Part 1)
The Camera Never Lies (Part 2)
Sink or Swim (Part 1)
Sink or Swim (Part 2)
The Siren Effect (Part 1)
The Siren Effect (Part 2)
Shipwrecked (Part 1)
Shipwrecked (Part 2)
Breaking the Ice
Are You Ready?
Surprise! (Part 1)
Surprise! (Part 2)
The Big Chill (Part 1)
The Big Chill (Part 2)
Lovesick (Part 1)
Lovesick (Part 2)
Under the Weather (Part 1)
Under the Weather (Part 2)
Bad Moon Rising (Part 1)
Bad Moon Rising (Part 2)
To Forgive or Forget
Hurricane Angela (Part 1)
Hurricane Angela (Part 2)
Hook, Line and Sinker (Part 1)
Hook, Line and Sinker (Part 2)
Red Herring (Part 1)
Red Herring (Part 2)
One Case Closed, Another One Opened
Party of Four
Fish Out of Water (Part 1)
Fish Out of Water (Part 2)
In Too Deep (Part 1)
In Too Deep (Part 2)
Love Potion #9 (Part 1)
Love Potion #9 (Part 2)
Dr. Danger (Part 1)
Dr. Danger (Part 2)
A Twist in the Tail (Part 1)
A Twist in the Tail (Part 2)
Grief, Acceptance, & Forgiveness
Season 2 - Stormy Weather (Part 1)
Stormy Weather (Part 2)
Control (Part 1)
Control (Part 2)
The One That Got Away (Part 1)
The One That Got Away (Part 2)
Fire and Ice (Part 1)
Fire and Ice (Part 2)
Hocus Pocus (Part 2)
What the Future Holds

Hocus Pocus (Part 1)

260 7 0
Autorstwa FlareSouth511

I do not own H2O: Just Add Water or any of the characters.

Chapter 72: Hocus Pocus (part 1)

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[The morning in the Sertori house finds the two sisters' getting ready for another day of school. Kim sat at the table eating cereal for breakfast, while Cleo walks over to the table to prepare herself a bowl. She picks up the cereal box and finds it completely empty. Cleo looks over to her younger sister in annoyance.]

Kim: lowers her spoon. "What? I'm going through a growth spurt."

A few snorts echo in the room coming from the guys, mainly the teenagers themselves. Lewis and Will at least had the decency to cover their mouth while Zane and Ash had their mouths puffed out, trying their best not to burst out laughing. Even a few of the parents were smiling in amusement. Kim blushed in embarrassment from hearing Elliot giggle. "Great, the opening scene and it has to be embarrassing," she muttered under her breath.

"Aww, Emma was just like that when she became a preteen. Remember, dear? She kept throwing random tantrums and ate everything in sight," Lisa was telling her husband. "Mom!" Emma too joined Kim's embarrassment. Rikki bursts into laughter with Cleo biting back her own. "There's nothing wrong with growing up," Sam shook her head. "Now, now, Rikki, from what I remember you –," Terry grinned but was cut off by his daughter. "Not. Another. Word."

At least I won't have to worry about embarrassing stories since my parents aren't here, Bella thought with a grin. She missed them for sure but was ultimately relieved that she didn't have to worry about being humiliated. Zane couldn't hold it in anymore and his laughter grew loud. He clutched his stomach from the pain. "Zane don't make me start talking about you. Your preteen years weren't exactly the best either," Harrison warned, silencing Zane.

"My little girl's growing up," Don looked like he was about to weep. Bev was nearly there too. I missed this? she thought. Kim was growing up right in front of her very eyes and she missed it. What else did she miss?

"You ate all of the cereal?" Elliot giggled. "I was hungry," Kim grumbled, arms crossed, and her flushed cheeks turned even more red. "You'll be like that too one day, Elliot," Neil told him. "Yeah, right," Elliot didn't believe them.

"No cereal for you then," Lewis chuckled in amusement. "It was my favorite too," Cleo whined.

[Cleo places the empty box next to Kim then grabs an empty bowl that sat on the counter and walks over to the cabinets, getting hangry.]

Cleo: shouts. "Dad?" Slams the empty bowl onto the counter by the fridge and opens a fairly empty cabinet. All that was left was an empty ketchup bottle and a half jar of olives. "Where is all the food?" Picks up a can with no label on it, unsure of what it is, and probably doesn't want to find out.

"Someone's hangry," Will said. "I'm missing breakfast and we had to get ready for school. Of course I'm hangry," Cleo clarified. "Hangry?" Max and Mrs. Chatham look at one another in confusion. "It's a term kids came up with to describe hungry and angry. Hangry," Anette explained. She too used that word quite a lot whenever Charlotte was in the restaurant when she was younger and couldn't eat the customer's food. To be fair, it was for the customers, and she was making some for Charlotte. "I will never understand teenagers," Max shook his head.

Rikki glanced down, trying to keep from showing pity. She knew what that was like. On some occasions, their cabinets were the exact same way. Her dad works hard for their home, and it feels like every time, the rent just keeps going up. Seeing Cleo in a similar bind reminded her of what she will have to face once more when they return home. She had to admit, she was going to miss this place. Even though she wasn't particularly fond of everyone having to see her secret – not so secret – life, she did enjoy the free food. It kept her, her dad, and friends fed for a few more days.

Don: walks from the living room and into the kitchen right behind her, looks at the almost empty cabinet in surprise. "It's not there?" Looks over to Kim who places the empty cereal box on the counter. "Didn't we just go shopping?"

"You didn't get the groceries?" Bev frowned at her ex-husband. "Well, sorry. It gets a bit crazy when me and Cleo are working extra shifts. Kim can't do it," Don huffed, narrowing his eyes at her. Besides, I'm not used to having to play both parenting roles. Bev backed down slightly, she knew what he meant. She wasn't around so there wasn't anyone else to get them, to feed her children, her family that she left. She was the reason why their kids were hungry. But Don felt bad, he knew it was partly his fault too. He was so caught up in work trying to keep food on the table that he forgot the food part. In a way, it was both of their faults.

"It's alright, sometimes it happens. We get so caught up in work to help our family," Neil admitted. This was why Lisa was a stay-at-home mom so she could take care of the family, their home, and do the shopping. "We're parents," Lisa told him. "We're not perfect, but we try," Terry added. "It happens to all of us," Harrison said. Which is why the housekeepers now do most of the shopping. "Especially us single ones," Annette mentioned. Though they were all trying to cheer up Don, which did help as he had a sad smile on his face of appreciation, it didn't help in Bev's case, aka, the woman who left her family. She knows she screwed up, she's been watching that for the past five episodes. But how can she fix it? What can she say? Because it seems like it's too late to apologize.

"Yeah, and someone's been going through some food," Cleo gave her sister a pointed look, trying to ignore the conversation the other parents were having. It was hard enough living it, she didn't want to hear the struggles. "Like you didn't go through the same thing," Kim said through gritted teeth.

Kim: and Cleo look at their dad. "That was two weeks ago." Cleo looks back at the cabinet and sighs. "Wait, no. It was three."

"Don, I can pick up your groceries with ours if you'd like," Lisa suggested. "No, no. Don't worry, we'll get a schedule figured out. We went shopping for it as soon as this was over," Don informed. "But thanks for the offer," Cleo gave her a small smile. She always saw the Gilbert lady as a second mother. And if things keep going the way it has been ... it might be as a first mother. The Gilbert family always welcomed them and Rikki with open arms.

Terry grimaced slightly. He knew the feeling, he was a complete wreck when Rikki's mother left. It took a while, but they finally figured out how to run the place. Maybe I could give him a few pointers when this is over.

"That's pretty specific," Lewis frowned. "When you go without new groceries that long, you tend to keep up with it," Kim muttered with a shrug.

Cleo: sighs and turns back to her dad who was walking across the kitchen to the other counter. "Dad, what are we supposed to have for breakfast?" Don looks at the other dishes on the counter to check and see if there is any food left in them.

"You know you could eat at our place any time," Emma told her. "We woke up late. I didn't have time to run all the way to your house," Cleo said. "We live around the block," she replied.

"You can always come to my restaurant whenever you want. Free of charge for any friends of Charlotte's," Annette nodded. "Really? Well ... thanks," Cleo said in slight surprise. Though she didn't really consider Charlotte her friend, or a close one at least, it did feel like they were getting on better terms. Charlotte looked at her mother in surprise as well. "But mom. The restaurant doesn't serve breakfast." "No, but the doors will always be open to your friends," Annette gave her daughter a knowing look. She knew she wanted to try and be better friends with the three girls and Lewis. And she believed it could happen. Charlotte gave her mom a smile in return. "Um, how about sisters of friends?" Kim raised a sheepish hand. Annette laughed. "You are welcomed as well, Kim. And you too, Elliot." "Yes!" the two preteens cheered.

Don: sees an apple sitting on a tray and picks it up. "Fruit. Full of fiber." Looks at both girls.

"Ew," Rikki said in disgust. "You got a problem with apples?" Emma crossed her arms and glared at her. "No problem. Just not for breakfast. And I prefer my fruit in a smoothie or juice," Rikki remarked.

"Not the way to go when you got school. You'll be hungry all day," Ash said. "It is when you're in a rush for work," Neil pointed out. "Try at a restaurant. Eating fruit with so many other choices all around you is an impossible challenge," Annette held her stomach. "How about for doctor offices? An apple a day keeps a doctor away," Max joked. "Should've used that trick a while back," Rikki mumbled to Emma. "What did I say about that subject that shall not be spoken?" Emma raised an eyebrow. Rikki rolled her eyes but remained silent.

Cleo: grows even more frustrated. "Dad, this can't keep happening."

"I'm sorry. It's going to take a bit of time to get used to. I promise I'll figure something out," Don told his kids. "We've done been over this dad, we'll figure it out together," Cleo gave him a small smile. "It's okay," Kim joined in.

Harrison felt bad. He just had Zane and housekeepers, and Terry just has Rikki. But Don is supporting two children by himself, with the help of Cleo of course. His energy was most likely about to burn out. Maybe Don, Terry, and himself could form a club, the Single Dad's Club.

"Give him some time, dear. Things will get better," Mrs. Chatham told her. "Thanks, Mrs. C. I know it will," Cleo gave her a smile. She knew. After all, she started having faith again after their dad spoke with them. He'll be okay without mom. She knows he will. The question is will she and Kim be?

Kim: goes back to her chair and cereal and stirs it around, bummed out. Glances to the side and mumbles. "Never used to happen when mom was here." Cleo looks at her in shock, eyes wide.

"Ouch," Lewis winced. "Right in the gutter," Max mumbled.

Bev didn't even have the heart to scold her child. She knew that had to hurt Don because it hurt her to hear as well. She was shocked to hear Kim say that but painfully it was true. They were a team when they were together, but that teamwork was broken when she went solo. She knew Kim didn't mean to hurt her dad's feelings, but she knew Kim was hurting from her leaving as well. And this was the way her youngest daughter expresses it, through her emotions. Unlike Cleo, she lets it out instead of letting it build up inside. She knew that was what Cleo was doing, she could see it in every episode that goes by. Eventually, it will eat her up. She needed to let it out, but she didn't know if Cleo knew of a way to let it out. She needed to talk to her daughters, and she needed to talk to them soon.

"Kim!" It sounds like Emma took Bev's place in scolding the girl. Another person who had to take part of her role.

"Sorry, dad. I shouldn't have said it," Kim felt guilty for hurting her dad. She knew it did, even though he wouldn't say that to them. "That's alright. It was the truth, and it's good for you girls to tell the truth, even when you're afraid of what we might think," Don explained, giving both his girls a look, especially to Cleo about the secret. Kim grimaced, she still felt bad about it. She wished she could take it back, but unfortunately, what they learned from this, they couldn't. But they can learn from their mistakes. "Sorry, again," Cleo winced from the secret. "It's quite alright," Don chuckled and patted both of their backs. He was over it, he forgave them. Now only if he could forgive one more person and that would be it on his heavy heart.

Rikki winced. She and her dad had their arguments, quite a few times. About bills, rent, food. But never once did she bring mom up in his face. Because it also hurts for her to even think about her. She loved her dad, and although they might argue sometimes, she would never want to hurt him.

Don: looks down and gets quiet, places the apple back on the tray. "I'm sorry, girls. I'll get better at this, I promise." Waves his hands with caution at them then walks out of the kitchen.

Don sighed. It took him some time, and it's going to continue to take some time, but he was getting better. He learned to pay bills, he learned what groceries to buy, and learned to keep the booking on the bank accounts, everything that his wife did. He was learning step by step, even if he accidentally made a few mistakes, he was getting better. Becoming a full-time dad with both parental roles and a full-time job wasn't easy, but he was learning. All three of them were. They'll get by, he knows they will.

Cleo and Kim look at their dad with proud smiles. They both felt guilty about the pressure they've been putting on their dad, but he was pulling through. He worked so hard to make sure they had everything they needed. Though it wasn't stuff they wanted, it was stuff they needed and that was enough. At least he wasn't dropping them like someone they know.

Meanwhile, Bev avoided their glares, some from her daughters, some from their friends, and some from her old friends due to the mess she left her family in. And from everything she's seen so far, she couldn't blame them.

Rikki looked at her dad with a small smile. It reminded her of every time they went through the same talk. Although her mom was never brought up, he always promised he would do better. And he did, they just had to be patient.

Zane looked over at his dad, who currently had his head down. They never once spoke of his mom, not until they came here. They never had that conversation, they never mentioned their mom, and his dad never took the motherly role. Everything that was left, was left to the housekeepers, including his own son while Harrison stuffed himself away with work and earning money that wasn't needed. It made Zane wonder what else he missed out on while his mother wasn't around.

Cleo: checks to make sure her dad is gone then walks over to Kim with a stern glare. "Nice one."

Kim: confused. "What?"

"You didn't know?" Elliot asked, surprised. Even he knew that would hurt his dad's feelings. Luckily, his mom and dad were still together. His mom wasn't going anywhere that he knew of. "Just blame it on the hunger. I wasn't thinking straight," Kim groaned in complaint. "Oh, you weren't thinking alright," Rikki shook her head in agreement.

"Was that sarcasm? It sounded like sarcasm," Will asked in confusion. "Yes, it was sarcasm," Cleo rolled her eyes. "Strange, I've known you for nearly my whole life and I've hardly ever heard you use it," Lewis said. He'd be impressed if it weren't for the sour mood in the room. "Didn't even know she knew what that was," Kim teased. "With you as my sister, how could I not?" Cleo remarked.

Cleo: "Dad's having a tough enough time without you bringing mom into it." Cleo grabs another empty box from off the table and storms back into the kitchen. Kim shrugs it off and goes back to eating her cereal.

"I'm surprised you didn't continue," Emma said. "Well, I did have school to get ready for," Cleo said. "As long as she didn't keep bugging me," Kim muttered. Because I already felt bad enough. She didn't think it through at the time, but after Cleo's little scolding, she knew what she said to her dad had hurt his feelings. And she didn't want to do that, because if she did, then that meant she was becoming more like her mom. And she didn't want to be like her, she didn't want to be someone who didn't care about her family.

Bev frowned a bit hurt. Did it hurt them that much to talk about me? She knew leaving them had hurt, but had it gotten to the point that even talking about her was nearly impossible to do. Like a forbidden word in the house. What was it like for them when I came here then? She almost didn't want to know that answer. The question was, will she ever get that answer?

"Seems like the whole house is moody," Will mumbled. "You would be too if you had to deal with that," Bella mumbled back, gesturing to the screen. She didn't know what it was like not having a parent in her life anymore, but she could feel the pressure Don had. It was like that sometimes with her parents whenever they had to move to a different place for her dad's job. She just wished there was a way she could help. But how can she when she was in a completely different country? Technically. At least she thinks she's in Australia, there was no way for her to tell.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Later at school, Lewis walks across the campus grounds with a large ancient-looking book in his hand. Cleo, Rikki, and Emma are on the ground a few feet away from him eating their lunch, with Cleo practically scarfing hers down when Lewis comes up.]

Lewis nearly jumped in his seat from excitement. "Oh! This was the day before we arrived here. This must be the last one," he said with a smile on his face. He was glad, for they could finally go home. "Aww, I was beginning to like it," Kim pouted. "Why? Because you can snoop without getting in trouble?" Cleo raised an eyebrow. "Yup!" Kim grinned and the two of them laugh. "Well since it's the last, we might as well enjoy it," Ash leaned back in his seat getting comfortable.

"What is that?" Elliot asked curiously. "That is a book that can change the world of mermaids as we know it," Lewis said a bit fascinated, yet a sad look in his eyes. Elliot still looked confused. "It's a book about mermaids," Emma explained. "Well, why didn't you just say that?" Zane asked. "I did," Lewis said.

"A mermaid book?" Max asked, getting a bit excited, even Mrs. Chatham and Bella looked interested with the latter straightening up in her seat. "What can it do?" Dr. Denman asked, a bit intrigued. "Well, we didn't get to find out everything about it, but we did find something interesting in it which you'll find out soon," Lewis said with a chuckle. "Too bad it didn't last," Rikki mumbled. "It was your fault," Lewis whispered. "It was not. It was your idea to try it," Rikki whispered back in a harsh tone. "And you're the one who ruined it," Lewis remarked. "And it's done and over with, right?" Cleo rolled her eyes, making the two hush their bickering.

"You seem to be enjoying that sandwich," Charlotte giggled. "I had to skip breakfast and wait till lunch, I'm going to scarf it down," Cleo said as if it were obvious. "Well, that explains her attitude till that time," Emma said to Rikki. "I did not have an attitude," Cleo denied. "Yeah ... it was more like a mood swing," Rikki agreed, Cleo rolled her eyes.

Lewis: stands next to Rikki and bends over to look at them with the book behind his back. "I have found the best thing ever. It is going to rewrite mermaid history as you know it." Emma and Cleo look at one another in confusion. "Actually, no, it is mermaid history."

"How can a book like that have mermaid history in it? It's hideous," Kim said. "Actually, it doesn't look that bad. The design on the front of it looks pretty nice," Charlotte disagreed.

"Where did you even find it?" Sam asked. "On the web," Lewis answered. "You do realize you can't trust everything on the internet, right?" Harrison asked a bit skeptical. "Yes, but this I knew I could trust. After all, it already had a few known facts about stuff that we knew already," Lewis pointed out. "Like what?" Zane asked curiously since he didn't get to be in the know about this so-called mermaid book. "Like the full moon, moon pools, their transformation and powers. Mostly the basics but it also had a few things about planetary alignments I wanted to look at. Too bad that didn't get to happen," Lewis sighed in disappointment. "And why is that?" Neil asked. He too wanted to know more about what the girls could do.

"What happened this time?" Ash chuckled in curiosity. "Oh, you'll know soon, thanks to our favorite mermaids," Lewis side-glanced Rikki. The feisty blonde rolled her eyes. "I did not ruin –." "Rikki. Please do not start this again," Emma interrupted. "Fine," she huffed and crossed her arms. "Now I'm curious as to what she's done," Terry raised an eyebrow.

Rikki: looks up at him. "What are you on about, Lewis?"

"Thanks for interrupting him. He would've gone on forever," Cleo giggled. "No, I wouldn't," Lewis argued. "You're right ... he would have to breathe eventually," Charlotte grinned, and Lewis gasped in dramatic shock. "I'm hurt. Rightfully hurt." "Eh, not the first time," Rikki shrugged it off.

"Why didn't you just wait until after school instead of disrupting their lunch break?" Don asked concerned. He didn't want Cleo's lunch to get messed up since she didn't get to eat breakfast. Which will never happen again so long as he remembers to get groceries. "I was so excited about it that I wanted to tell them as soon as possible," Lewis admitted. "And don't worry, dad, I still had time to eat," she told her worried father who felt relieved.

"You guys are making me hungry with all this food talk," Ash rubbed his stomach. "You can eat once we return home," Lewis told him.

Lewis: grins at them. "This!" Takes the book out from behind his back and drops it in front of them. On the cover, it has an old mermaid design on it. Sits down next to Cleo and Rikki.

Emma: they look at it, skeptical. "A fairy tale book?"

"It does look like a storybook," Elliot said. "Like it's straight out of a movie," Ash agreed. "Looks like something grandma would keep around," Charlotte mumbled to her mom who nodded in agreement.

"Except this one is based off of true facts," Lewis countered. "So, you say," Denman scoffed in disbelief. The more she looked at the book, the more she too believed it was just a mythical tale. Then again, everyone believed mermaids were just a myth until a few days ago.

"I've never seen him so excited about a book before. And this is the same guy who gets excited over new scientific equipment," Cleo humored. "Hey, new equipment for the labs is always exciting," Lewis defended.

Lewis: corrects her. "A mermaid mythology book." Points a finger at them and tosses his bookbag to the side. "Published in 1908. Limited print. I found it on the net." Cleo looks uncomfortable. "It's priceless and it is totally legit." The bell rings in the background but they remain in the grass.

"1908? That's at least a hundred years old!" Max exclaimed. "It could be made by mermaids themselves," Mrs. Chatham wondered. They had never seen a book like this in their time, so she was highly curious about the content it could have inside; the magic and secrets it could hold.

"Sounds like another rip-off," Terry commented. "You said the same thing about the planetary alignment app that you bought too," Sam pointed out. "And I was right about that one too if I had gotten the time right," Lewis rubbed his neck sheepishly.

"Better hope it's legit if it's considered priceless," Harrison said. "It was probably cheap since only Lewis would be dumb enough to buy it," Rikki mentioned. "Or other fun scientific guys that are curious about mermaids," Lewis defended himself.

"Is that the bell for class?" Lisa asked. "I heard the bell ring, yet I don't see any of you going to class. Why is that?" Neil frowned. "We got fifteen minutes before the late bell rings, plenty of time," Emma reassured him. "Besides, we all got the same class together. Why the rush?" Rikki asked. "Because some of us need our lunch," Cleo gave her a pointed look.

Rikki: squints at it and frowns. "It's a kids book."

"No kid would want a book that looks like that," Kim shuttered. "It is a little creepy," Elliot frowned. "That is not a kids book," Zane shook his head. "It looks like a book for nightmares rather than one for dreams," Will added. "It's probably a book they want to keep normal people from reading, to make sure that not everyone discovers the secrets and facts about mermaids," Mrs. Chatham theorized. "Could be," Max nodded.

Lewis: "No, it's a mermaid manual."

"What's the difference?" Charlotte asked. "I thought you just said it's a book about mermaid history," Sam added, a bit confused. "What it is, is a headache that we never should've messed with," Rikki grumbled. "Yes and no," Lewis tried to explain. "Well, which one is it then?" Bella said, growing a bit frustrated. She was highly curious about this book and wanted to know more about her tail, but she couldn't exactly give that away to him. "Lewis, speak English," Emma told him. "It has history about mermaids, yes. But it also teaches mermaids about their powers, upgrades, and some other little secrets they didn't know about themself," Lewis announced. "Yeah, that doesn't help," Ash shook his head.

Rikki: opens the book up in his hands and looks at the pages. "Right, with um," Points at some sketches. "pop-up illustrations and a color-in section!"

"It does look like a coloring book," Kim remarked. What? She might be a preteen, but she was a kid before, she used to color. "You probably could color it, but as old as it is it would most likely damage the book. It's too risky," Max informed. Oh it's way past damaged now, Cleo pouted. She would love more of that wishing potion, but since the book was gone all hope was lost with it. There was so much they could've done with it. Like with her mother for example.

"If I didn't know better, I would think those were your grandmother's sketches," Annette mused. "Is it not?" Charlotte asked questionably. "No way. She wasn't even alive in 1908," Annette chuckled.

"Those are pretty good," Lisa commented. "Eh, I guess," Zane shrugged, not really caring about it. He just wanted to know what else they could do. Like most of them. "I guess? For something that old, those drawings are still in great shape," Charlotte scoffed at the Bennett.

"Of course you were skeptical about it," Zane chuckled. "Wouldn't you be?" Rikki retorted.

Lewis: slams the book shut. "Of course, it looks like a kid's book, but that's just a front. How else could they get this stuff about mermaids published?" Emma shrugs.

"He does have a point," Ash thought.

"Because kids are the only ones who would believe in fairy tales," Harrison said. "Uh, we do," Will held a hand up. "There's three fairy tales right in front of us!" he exclaimed.

"Maybe that's how they wrote books back then? It is a hundred years old," Emma guessed.

"Books aren't so much different as they were back then. It's one of the very few things that hasn't changed," Mrs. Chatham mentioned. "Of course, we've only lived through half of it," Max chuckled.

Rikki: "Lewis, you got ripped off." She and Emma grab their bags, stand, and leave the other two behind to head to class. Cleo stays where she was on the ground and leans over to grab the book from Lewis.

"Again," Rikki smiled smugly. "You and I both know that it worked," Lewis whispered. "Not true. I saw nothing, therefore I don't think it does," Rikki smirked. "Well, you're about to get proved wrong," Lewis smirked back.

"Sounds just like the last full moon," Terry chuckled, though it wasn't as loud considering how rough that full moon was for them. "Ironic that all of this was right before a full moon too," Rikki mumbled.

Lewis: to Cleo, sounds hopeful. "What do you think?"

"I think you're nuts," Denman said. "You all thought the same when I believed in mermaids and that turned out to be true. Why would you think otherwise on this?" Zane reminded them. "It does sound a bit up there," Charlotte said a bit doubtful. "Come on, we don't even know what it says yet," Bella defended. She wanted to know if there was any more to this mermaid business, but everyone else kept shutting it down. "It wouldn't hurt to learn," Sam shrugged. "It's not like we have a choice anyways," Harrison chuckled, gesturing to the screen as a reminder as to why they were still here.

Cleo: opens the book and flips through the pages. "It's got that dank, dusty smell. I guess that's something." Shrugs and tilts her head in slight amusement.

"It is. It means it needs to be cleaned," Lisa said. "It's a book. You can't exactly clean a book," Rikki states the obvious. "No but you can dust it to keep it from getting that way," Neil mentioned. "It must've been left on the shelf untouched for years," Annette frowned. She didn't know why; kids love fairytale books, and the artwork was wonderful inside. "Well, it is a hundred years old," Sam tilted her head.

Lewis: "There's more. There's a whole section on magical powers. Controlling them, enhancing them, getting new ones." Counts it off on his fingers.

"Really?" Emma asked a bit surprised. "Your powers can get stronger?" Elliot asked in awe. "Okay, now it's starting to get interesting," Kim leaned forward. Bella was trying her hardest not to show any signs of excitement due to this surprising news. She bit her lip to keep from smiling, clenched her fists to keep them from shaking and her legs still instead of swinging them around like a little kid. It was a challenge but it was better than to let the others know or grow curious as to why she was so excited. After about eight years, she was finally learning more about her mermaid side; something she hasn't done in a long time.

"What other powers are there?" Mrs. Chatham asked out of curiosity. She never really got to know any more besides the basic ones, and the weather powers she wasn't aware of until a few episodes ago. "I'm not sure. I never really got a good look at it because of ...," Lewis trailed off then shook his head. "well anyway, I only got a quick skim through and just read the titles of the chapters. That's it."

"Is there a section on how to gain the other two basic powers?" Charlotte asked. "Not sure," Lewis answered. And probably won't ever be able to find out thanks to hothead.

Cleo: sounds interested, but her eyebrows raise in surprise when she reads one of the titles. "'Wish Giving'?"

"Wish giving?" Max repeated in interest. "Wish making? Yeah right," Denman scoffed. "Keep denying it doctor, it gets better," Lewis grinned. "That's a little far-fetched," Charlotte said, skeptical. "You really believe they could make wishes because of what some book says?" Zane asked in disbelief. "Oh, I more than just believe, Zane," Lewis gave him a look that let him know something more happened, and Zane too began to grow curious.

Don hummed in thought. Didn't Cleo ask me what I would want to wish for a few days ago? She didn't actually grant my wish, did she? Then again, he did somehow win a fish finder, but he had thought it was from the raffle he entered. This wasn't connected, was it?

Lewis: scoots over closer to her. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. It's a potion. It gives you the power to grant a wish." Sits next to her. "Pretty cool, huh?"

"I thought that was for fairies or genies, not mermaids," Elliot wondered. "Or witches and vampires, right Kim?" Rikki turned to the younger Sertori and gave her a teasing grin. Kim rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah." But Kim felt like she was in another world at the moment. Wish Giving ... she thought, trying to figure it out. She remembered right before they arrived here, she said something along the lines of a wish, but that couldn't be from it, could it? That would have to have been an insanely powerful wish. And at the moment it was just a theory, given that the two onscreen had just brought it up. Magic had to be the obvious reason as to how they got here. But there was no actual proof of it yet. She would need to see it in action as to whether she might be right or not.

"We also thought only werewolves were affected by the full moon, and that opinion has been proven wrong plenty of times," Emma sighed. "If mermaids exist, I guess wish granting could too," Will shrugged. "I can understand with mermaids, but wishes?" Denman still sounded skeptical. "Only because you had to see it for yourself, instead of believing a teenager," Zane argued. "Would you?" Harrison asked him. Zane remained silent. "That's what I thought."

Cleo: smiles and nods. "Yeah, cool." Bites her lip in thought.

"Uh oh, I know that look. She has an idea," Kim smirked. "One of either the goodness of her heart or of mischief," Bev sighed. Both of her daughters usually have that look, however for the younger, it's normally the latter. "With magic involved, it's probably both," Sam chuckled. "With mermaids involved, it's most likely both," Will corrected with a laugh.

"What are you storming in that pretty little brain of yours?" Max asked with a grin. "It's not a bad one, I just wanted to give it a try," Cleo responded. "Which ended in a disaster," Emma mumbled quietly. "Did your idea work? Did your wish come true?" Bev asked curiously. Cleo looked at her mom then back at the screen, fighting back the emotional sadness that was trying to break free. "Kinda. Just ... not the way I expected."

"I got a feeling this will be like all of the other episodes. It somehow leads to almost getting exposed then by some miracle you figure out a way to fix it," Ash guessed. "That about sums it up," Rikki agreed.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[After school, Cleo and Lewis meet up with the other girls at the café. They walk through the beaded curtains with the book in her hand and find Rikki sipping a juice at the counter with her bag next to her.]

Cleo: and Lewis walk up to her. Whispers. "Maybe Lewis is right. What if the book is for real?" Emma walks over in her work uniform on the other side of the counter and leans over. Rikki looks at her like she's crazy then to Emma. "We could have the power to grant wishes. There's a recipe and everything." Opens the book to show them.

"It's not," Denman denied. "You said the same thing about mermaids," Zane smirked. "And I'd like to reiterate the 'seeing is believing' statement," Harrison raised his hand. "Not everything can be seen to believe. Magic comes in all sorts of ways," Mrs. Chatham grinned, excited to see if it was real or not.

"You look like she's gone insane," Terry chuckled. "Because I did, I thought she was nuts," Rikki admitted. "What kind of world did you get her sucked up in, Lewis?" Ash chuckled. "One where magic apparently exists," Lewis said in a deadpanned tone.

"Wishes call for a recipe?" Charlotte raised an eyebrow. "Is it something you eat?" Annette frowned in confusion. "Nope," Lewis popped the 'p'. "Thank goodness it wasn't," Rikki shuttered at the memory. "Well, it is a potion, and potions do require certain ingredients and items," Lewis explained.

"Does it have drawings too?" Elliot asked curiously. "It does of the ingredients," Cleo smiled at him.

Rikki: looks done. "Wish giving! Come on!"

"You didn't believe it?" Bella asked. She didn't see why. If mermaids exist, then so could wishes. Maybe it's because it's never been heard of in mermaid myths. "I'm a mermaid, not a genie!" Rikki scoffed. "It is a bit hard to believe," Bev said. "So was the existence of mermaids yet here it is," Will shrugged.

Lewis: "All Cleo wants to do is give it a try. Where's the harm in that?" Cleo nods her head in agreement. Looks to Emma.

Kim squinted and hummed at the screen. Cleo wants to try it, Cleo wants to make a wish ... and Cleo was there with her right before they were transported here. The dots were starting to connect. Whatever this was, it had to be because of a wish, and it had to be because of Cleo.

"The end of the world?" Zane sarcastically said. "Getting exposed," Sam added. "Death," Ash said bluntly. "A magical freak accident," Max shrugged. "Shall we go on?" Don chuckled. "If we ever want to go home, then no," Cleo sighed. More like a magical freak accident but without the accidental part, Lewis thought as he shot a glare at Rikki.

Rikki: narrows her eyes at him. "Lewis, what have you said to poison her mind?"

"Why do you always blame me?" Lewis pointed at himself. "Because you're always involved," Rikki argued. "And I'm not usually the one who causes the problems," Lewis countered. "Does someone need to be reminded about the last full moon?" Rikki said through gritted teeth. Lewis went to open his mouth but hesitated. Instead, he decided to stare at the screen and cross his arms with a pout. "That's what I thought," Rikki smirked. "It's usually a mix of well, everything," Emma said. "The past few major events could be why," Don mumbled. What can he say, Lewis was partially to blame for those: the full moon and Dr. Denman.

Cleo: rolls her eyes and holds a hand up for her to stop. "He hasn't said anything. I just think this could be really useful." Points at the book.

"Technically he did say something. He was the one who started talking about the book in the first place," Will pointed out. "We know. We were there," Rikki said in a bored tone. "He did explain what the book was about and the wish-giving," Bella said, something she found to be very useful as well. Oh, the wishes she would love to make! One of them being that she wished she could go to Australia to be closer friends with the others.

Cleo: when they don't reply she begs. "Come on guys, for me."

"You really wanted this," Lisa said. "It sounded intriguing," Cleo bit her lip. "It sounded like a lot of work," Rikki groaned in complaint. "You didn't even help gather the ingredients. All you did was zap it," Cleo reminded her. "Still a lot," Rikki scoffed. "Who wouldn't want to make a wish?" Elliot said.

"Ah, the ole 'for me' trick. It always gets ya," Max chuckled.

Emma: and Rikki look at one another. Sighs. "Okay."

Rikki: shakes her head. "Whatever."

Cleo: smiles, excited. "Excellent!"

"I knew you couldn't resist," Cleo grinned. "Only because you weren't going to stop until we agreed," Rikki rolled her eyes. "She means that's what best friends are for," Emma gave her a look. "That is not what I meant."

"Well at least we'll get to see if it works," Sam grinned. "Or if it was a waste of time," Denman remarked. "Hope it does," Don said, a bit hopeful. It would be great if his kids' dreams could come true.

Lewis: "Okay." They look at a few of the pages in the book. "Now, there are a few hard-to-get ingredients." Cleo flips a page, and he reads off the list. "Deep-sea algae, fungus, three different types of reef scum." Looks up at the other girls. "You guys will need to help."

"Ew!" most of the audience exclaimed in disgust. Well, all of them except for the scientists in the room. Aka, Max, Lewis, Dr. Denman, and even Sam. She might not be a scientist, but she did experiment in the biology field. Heck, even Harrison found it gross, and he was a surgeon! "I'd rather hurl," Kim said a bit (lot) disgruntled. "I don't even know what half of that stuff is, but it sounds awful," Charlotte said. "It was," Cleo shuttered.

"Does it have to have that stuff?" Bella complained. She's come across that stuff on many of her swims, but she would never touch it. "If they want to make a wish then yes," Lewis answered. "But why does it require that?" Annette asked, a hand to her heart. It was a restaurant owner's worst nightmare: algae, fungus, scum. Oh my. "I dunno. Magic," Lewis shrugged.

"Considering humans aren't able to get about half that stuff without scuba gear, yeah I'm gonna need help," Lewis said. "I suppose magic does sometimes involve some dirty work," Mrs. Chatham chuckled.

"Wait? Is this why you were at the rocks the other day gathering stuff?" Charlotte pointed at Lewis. The blonde nodded with a sheepish grin. Charlotte laughed in relief. "That explains a lot. I thought it was just another weird hobby."

Rikki: and Emma looks disgusted. Pats Cleo on the back. "Let's leave that to Cleo, shall we?" Gives her a look. Cleo looks at Lewis and smiles and nods.

"Cleo's wish, her responsibility," Rikki patted her on the back. "Good luck getting her involved," Terry chuckled. He wasn't going to force her to do something she didn't like. Except school. No matter how much Rikki claims she doesn't need it or how it wasn't useful she was still going to go.

"Please tell me you didn't actually do that?" Kim pleaded. "It was necessary," Cleo said, sheepish.

"Em, why don't you help?" Lisa frowned. "I was working. I couldn't leave when I just started my shift," Emma said. "I figured it would get thrown at me anyway," Cleo sighed. But to her, it was worth it, after all, they got to find out that they could grant wishes and she was able to make her dad's wish come true. Well, one of them at least.

[Right then, Wilfred comes up next to Emma.]

Wilfred: "Emma, emergency staff meeting." Walks past her and into the storage room. Emma meets her friends' strange expressions then straightens up to follow him.

"Odd. Aren't you the only worker?" Neil asked. "No, there are a couple of others like Amber, but I was the only one working after school that day," Emma sighed. She thought it was odd that she was the only one working that day instead of two, but now that Wilfred had explained it to her, it must've been to save some money to keep the café running.

"He doesn't sound too happy about that," Ash said, sounding a bit concerned. "Emergency staff meetings are never good," Annette frowned. She's had to make a few herself due to the lack of workmanship coming from her employees. And if she wanted to keep her restaurant running in tip-top shape she has to make sure her workers were too.

Wilfred: walks through the double doors with Emma right behind him. Turns around to face Emma and leans against the freezer door. "Bad news."

"Uh oh," Max winced. "If it's bad news, why didn't he wait until later when he got all the employees together?" Don asked. That's what he did with his employees. Whenever the seas were too rough to fish or if something else happened that caused them to be unable to, then he would gather them all together. "Because what he had to say needed to be said now," Emma said a bit glum. "It was called an emergency staff meeting," Kim reminded him.

Emma: lets the doors close behind her. Frowns in worry. "What?"

Wilfred: "Business is dropping."

"What?!" the teens and younger ones, anyone and everyone who went there, gasped in shock. Rikki, Cleo, and Lewis didn't like seeing how sad Wilfred was talking about it. He was always a joyful man with a big smile on his face and he has grown on them. "How?!" Zane asked. "He'll explain it in a second. I don't really want to talk about it again," Emma said a bit sad. She loves the café, she loves working there. She doesn't want to see it get shut down. She just hopes that the commercial will work.

"That's impossible. Everyone loves the Juicenet," Kim said, including her. She might not be able to go there as much as Cleo and her friends do daily, but she does enjoy it. "It's the best place around," Elliot agreed. "They got great food and great drinks. What's not to love?" Don said. "Not to mention a great view of the marina and ocean," Charlotte added. Even her mom's restaurant view couldn't top that. "Great customer service, great atmosphere. I could go on," Lewis listed off from his fingers.

"Unfortunately, times like that can happen," Annette told her, she has slow days like that too that cause her to worry. But it always picks back up; she just hopes the Juicenet could do the same. Her daughter loves to hang out there with all the other students and friends.

"Hopefully it won't affect her or the other employees' jobs," Neil mumbled to his wife. "I'm sure it will get better, dear," Lisa said to both him and her daughter. Emma had informed both of her parents just the other day – before they arrived here – that business was starting to slow down and was worried for Wilfred and her business. Luckily for Emma, she thought up the idea of a commercial since her dad had been in quite a few of them as well for his job. She had hope that the commercial will be a success.

Wilfred: "There's a new place opening up on the other side of the marina." Jabs a thumb in its direction. Tosses his hands to the side and gives her a grim look. "I may have to close down." Walks over to one of the empty fruit baskets and leans against the shelf.

"That hogwash? Who would want that?" Zane scoffed. "No one's gonna go there. Everyone loves the Juicenet," Kim argued. "Yeah, he makes the best juices around," Elliot shouted. "Have to agree with you there," Charlotte nodded. They are good. "There's a reason why we go there almost every day," Cleo said. "It's the best hangout place there is besides the beach for teens. The other place doesn't even live up to it," Rikki shook her head. "Aside from the moonpool and home, it feels like, well, home," Emma remarked. "The Juicenet has been there longer. It's got the upper hand," Don said.

"Poor Wilfred," Bev frowned. It surprised some of the parents, most of them having gone to school with him before growing up. "But if business is slowing down then it means some of his regulars might have gone to try it out," Harrison said. "Sometimes it happens. People can be curious," Annette said. "If they went to 'try it out', then they're not faithful to Wilfred's business. He is and always will be the best around. No doubt about it," Rikki mentioned.

Emma: frown furrows more. "But you can't just give in. You've gotta do something."

"Like what?" Zane asked. "It's not exactly easy going against new businesses," Bella said. "There is when there's television and teens involved," Emma grinned, confusing some of them. Neil smiled at her, knowing what she meant by that since she also mentioned the commercial idea she gave him, and she had his full support. He even gave a few pointers to her that night.

"I'm sure he's trying," Lisa tried to ease her.

Wilfred: "I thought I did. I spent all this money renovating this place and business is still down."

The teens in the room who go there quite often look at one another in confusion. "Um, what renovations?" Cleo asked. "He got the booth cushions and stools replaced. He even added a few more decorations. You didn't notice?" Emma said as if it were obvious. Rikki, Cleo, and Lewis look at one another with surprise then nod their heads at her with big smiles. "Oh, yeah. I thought there was something different with the place," Rikki grinned wide with Cleo backing her up. "Of course we noticed ... did he change the colors or –?" Lewis added but got cut off by Emma.

"You three haven't paid any attention at all to it, have you?" she interrupted. "Not at all," Cleo said. "Nope," Rikki answered. "In our defense, we were pretty busy," Lewis held a finger up. "It doesn't matter. If we were still going and others weren't even with the new renovations it clearly hasn't worked. Nothing's changed," Zane sighed. "People will probably notice eventually," Sam encouraged.

Emma: "You need to advertise. Show people how great it is here." Her eyes brighten up from an idea and tosses her hands to the side. "Make a TV commercial."

"But people already know how great it is," Rikki said. "And if they don't, it's their loss," Kim crossed her arms with a sniff. "Actually, it would be a loss on Wilfred and a loss on profit for his café," Lewis told her.

"A TV commercial? Who watches those?" Zane scoffed. "Loads of people actually. That's not a bad idea, Emma," Ash defended which made her grin.

"Where'd you get that idea?" Sam asked curiously. "Dad is in them a lot for his job, so it was the first thing that came to mind when I mentioned advertising," Emma explained. "You're in commercials?" Bella asked, a bit surprised. "Yeah, I have to do them sometimes for work. I hate doing them but boss's orders," Neil shrugged. "Cool," Will grinned.

Wilfred: "I can't afford that."

Emma: nods. "Sure, you can. Just something simple and straight to the point. To save money, you could even direct it." Gives him a small smile.

"You could film the interior and exterior of the café, even some of the customers with food or drinks," Harrison suggested. "Maybe mention the 'new renovations' as well," Lewis joked.

"It would be best from his perspective, it is his business," Don nodded.

Wilfred: thinks about it. "Yeah, I could." Crosses his arms and looks at her. A big smile stretches on his face as another idea comes to mind. Points at her. "And you can star in it."

Rikki snickered. "You dragged yourself into that one." "Yeah, didn't see that one coming," Emma winced. "What's the matter? Camera-shy?" Ash teased. "No, I used to be on the swim team, so I didn't care. But that was before the whole tail-sprouting. You never know what will happen on camera with that added to it," Emma responded.

"Okay, now I want to see this commercial," Zane chuckled, curious as to how it went. "It'll be up by next week if anyone wants to watch," Emma rolled her eyes at his laughter. "Can't wait," Lisa beamed. "Our little girl, a TV star," Neil smiled. "Dad," Emma hushed in embarrassment. "They should see the bloopers from it," Lewis joined Rikki in her snickering.

Emma: smile falters. "What?"

Wilfred: grins and continues to point. "Be here tomorrow morning if you want to keep your job." Smiles at her then walks back out the double doors. Emma watches him go.

"Was that blackmail or a threat?" Neil glared at the screen. "I think it was his way of saying that if I don't do it, then the café could close down," Emma explained, still a little confused by his command. "So, blackmail," Terry frowned. "I don't think he meant it like that. Wilfred's not normally that threatening," Cleo said. "Maybe both," Ash shrugged. "Well, if it'll save Wilfred's business and my job, I wasn't going to say no," Emma said. "Please, Wilfred's a softie. Has been since high school. He couldn't hurt a fly," Harrison chuckled. "But if you mess with his patrons, he will make sure you never step foot in his café again," Lewis pointed out.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[After their little meetup at the café, Cleo dives into the ocean in search of the strange ingredients. As she swims across the reefs and schools of fish, she comes across some grass. She smiles at it, but just as she is about to take some, it slips from her fingers and green stains of fungus covers her hand from the contact.]

"Ew!" the girls in the audience squeal in disgust. Cleo blushed from embarrassment as Zane laughed. "What? It's normal mermaid stuff," she grumbled. "I am not touching your hands for a week," Kim gagged. "Fine by me," Cleo grinned. Even though I did wash them. Several times. "Neither are we," Rikki and Emma say simultaneously. "Like you guys haven't grabbed weird stuff in the ocean," Cleo rolled her eyes.

"This would look so cool if you weren't on a mission," Will said in amusement.

"How did you know where to find it so quickly?" Denman asked curiously. "I know the ocean and nearly everything in it in the back of my mind, better than any fisherman. No offense, dad," Cleo grinned. "None taken. As much as you three go swimming it's no surprise," Don chuckled.

[Cleo looks at her hand then back at the slick grass. Reaching for it again, she tangles it in her hand and yanks at it, this time a success. With a wad of fungus in her fist, she smiles wide at it.]

"That is disgusting," Charlotte said. "So gross," Kim nodded in agreement. "Cool," Elliot laughed. "Why would you want to touch that?" Bella said uncomfortable. She understood the reasons behind it, but it was still gross. "It was needed for the wish potion," Lewis answered for her as he saw the brunette remain quiet. Cleo bit her cheek. The others could say what they want. Yes, it was disgusting, it was repulsive, and it looked like it wasn't worth it, but it was to her; for it brought her one step closer to her dreams coming true. Her one chance for her mom to come back. Until it was ruined.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Meanwhile, on the surface, Lewis scampers over the giant rocks along the beach in search of algae. With two bags in hand of algae, he continues to look in the cracks of the rocks. He climbs down to the edge of one finding some more.]

"You must not have had anything better to do," Rikki stated bluntly. "Excuse me, I was helping out a friend. And I am a scientist, I need to study the mysteries of – yeah, I had nothing," Lewis scoffed in offense before giving up. "I was curious though," he pointed out to her as he saw Rikki with a smug grin. Cleo looked a bit happy about that. He didn't have anything planned, but he did at least take some time out of his day to help her with gathering the ingredients. Even if it was just gathering some strange stuff, unsure of whether the potion would work or not. It's the thought that counts.

"See, this is normal for Lewis. Watching Cleo do it is just weird," Zane shook his head. "Looks like you got sucked into it too," Will chuckled. "I wanted to help. I offered," Lewis shrugged. "Thanks, Lewis. It was gross but I just really wanted to see if it would work," Cleo smiled at him.

[As Lewis opens another bag to gather some more, he feels a hand tap on his shoulder. He holds on tight to the bags in fright and turns around to find Charlotte. Lewis breathes in relief and puts the stuff in the bag.]

Charlotte: giggles. "I'm not that scary, am I?"

"Sometimes. The way you pop out of nowhere can be a little frightening," Lewis admitted. But when he saw the deflated look on the redhead's face, he couldn't help but laugh. "I'm joking." "Then make it funny next time," Rikki quipped, and the redhead laughed as she nodded her head.

Cleo's smile faltered a bit. What is she doing there? She didn't feel mad or anything but curious. Did she end up helping Lewis gather the ingredients? "What are you doing there?" Annette asked curiously. "I was taking a walk down the beach when I saw Lewis obsessing over those rocks. I kept hollering his name, but I guess he was so into it that he couldn't hear me," Charlotte explained.

"You sure know how to come out of nowhere," Ash chuckled. "And give a scare," Will nodded. "It's a gift," Charlotte joked.

"Did not see that coming," Bella said as she too jumped slightly from the unexpected visitor.

Lewis: shakes his head. "No, no. I'm just focused on other things." Closes the bag up and jabs his thumb at the rocks.

Charlotte: "Like what?"

Lewis: looks at the rocks then back at her. "Oh, just this project I'm working on."

"Nice excuse," Ash nodded in approval. "Nice lie," Charlotte muttered. "It's not an excuse and it wasn't a lie. It was a project I was working on, for Cleo. I too was curious about whether it would work or not, but I couldn't tell you that it was for mermaids," Lewis looked to both Charlotte and Ash as he explained himself.

"If it works," Denman mumbled.

Charlotte: looks at the bags and frowns in confusion. "What sort of project requires algae?"

"The kind that is none yo business," Kim remarked. "Kimmy!" Bev scolded. "It's fine. It wasn't my business to know," Charlotte laughed at Kim's bluntness. "And it wasn't my business to tell, sorry Char," Lewis said. "It's okay, I get it," she said with a small smile.

Lewis: "It's complicated." Walks around her to head to some more rocks nearby.

"You weren't kidding there," Charlotte mumbled.

"Not so much complicated, more of just weird," Rikki commented.

Charlotte: follows after him. "Has it got something to do with that book you've been glued to?"

"Have you been stalking him?" Bella asked. "Did he show it to you?" Emma asked at the same time. "No. I'm his friend and I just happen to notice things. I saw him carrying that weird book the other day and he wouldn't stop reading it," Charlotte blushed from embarrassment.

"Stalker alert," Rikki teased in a sing-song voice. "I am not," she blushed redder. "There's nothing wrong with noticing something," Annette defended. "It's no different when people notice you girls never go in the water," Sam excused. "Just no one would think it had anything to do with you being mermaids," Will chuckled. "Or with mermaids at all," Bella said in a nervous laughter she tried to hide. She hoped no one she'd been around had ever noticed she didn't go swimming publicly. Though she was never in a place long enough for anybody to notice, let alone notice her at all.

"To be fair, it's hard to miss a book like that when he's been carrying it around in the wide open," Cleo stated. "I couldn't get it to fit in my book bag. Not with all my schoolbooks," Lewis said.

Lewis: turns around to her, a bit nervous. "What book? There's no book." Bends down to another rock to get some more algae.

"And it's gone," Ash sighed. "You're losing it, Lewis," Zane shook his head. "Nice try," Max chuckled. It never worked with Gracie, he doubted it would work on her either. "You pretty much gave it away there," Bella said.

"Way to go, Lewis," Rikki scowled. "Why are you mad? She already knows," Lewis frowned. "Because you could do this to someone else as well," Rikki gestured to the screen. "Oh sure, get mad at me, and not the other twenty people in here who knows," Lewis sarcastically said. "They haven't done anything to deserve it," Rikki hummed, arms crossed. Not yet.

Charlotte: "Yes, there is. I saw you with it at school. Not that I was spying on you or anything." Shrugs and giggles nervously.

"Sounds like it," Kim narrowed her eyes suspiciously. "Sure you weren't, dear," Annette patted her daughter on the arm with a light laugh as she saw Charlotte blush more. "It's not that hard to miss. It was so different looking from the others. So ancient," Charlotte brushed it off. "You're just as bad as he is," Ash laughed. "Could turn it into a competition," Rikki grinned.

Lewis: stuffs some algae in the bag. "No, this stuff is just for my private collection. For some people, its stamps. For me, its algae." Stands up and holds the bags up to show her. Charlotte raises her eyebrows, skeptical.

"Oh don't go changing the excuse," Ash scolded. "I thought it was for a project," Charlotte raised an eyebrow with a smirk. "It's for a project of private collections?" Lewis hesitantly said. Charlotte glanced at the screen then back at him and grinned. "Nice try. At least now I know what it's really for. The truth makes so much more sense."

"Now you look even weirder than before," Elliot laughed, his parents hushing him. "And I thought that couldn't be possible. You just proven us both wrong," Kim laughed with her friend.

"Who collects stamps?" Rikki frowned. "Doesn't your sister do that?" Lisa asked her husband. "Yes, and I'll never know why. I could say the same about your crystal collection too you know," Neil sighed then chuckled as his wife slapped him on the arm. "That would be the strangest collection out there," Emma said ignoring her parents' banter. "I bet there's worse," Harrison said. "That beats your collection of antiques," Max said to Mrs. Chatham. "You think so?" she asked with a smile. "Maybe mermaids collect it," Will shrugged. "They don't," the girls plus Mrs. Chatham said, and Bella in her head.

"You say that like it's not the first time you've had to say that," Sam raised an eyebrow in amusement. "Since I learned of the secret, I've had much much weirder explanations than this one," Lewis shook his head. "And there's been much much weirder stuff that's happened we noticed," Don said.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Later that evening after the café closes for the day, Lewis and Cleo meet back up with Emma and Rikki once they return with all their findings. They stay in the freezer room to avoid any unwanted eyes from the windows and doors up front. Rikki has her hands in her pockets while Emma has a hand on her hip looking annoyed, Cleo is just impatient.]

Lewis: "Two spoonfuls of golden algae." In the freezer room, the four of them gather around the table where Lewis has the ingredients laid out around a bowl. In his hand was the book wide open as he read off the recipe. In the other, he pours the spoken ingredients into the bowl. "One, two."

"Why are you doing it in the freezer room?" Sam frowned. "Where all the food is?!" Annette gasped. "Uh, is it such a good idea to do it in there?" Lisa asked in concern. "We needed to keep it in a cool place, and since there was no one around that was the best choice," Lewis explained.

"And I thought it couldn't get any worse," Kim said, her face felt like it was turning a shade of green. Oh, it does, Cleo bit back a grimace. "Maybe it's a good thing there's a new place around the corner. I don't know if I ever want to eat there again," Zane joked but he didn't once break into a grin. "Oh, come on guys, we made sure to sanitize afterward. You know we couldn't go free without Clean-Freak McGhee over here," Rikki jabbed a thumb at Emma. "A tidy place is a happy place," Emma crossed her arms determined. Especially after the whole mold spread. I made them clean twice as much after that. Magically disappear or not, it was still in my head.

Lewis: drops the spoon and reads from the book again. "Uh, one tuft of seaweed." Drops some seaweed in. Rikki tries not to grimace. "And half a cup of reef fungus." Grabs the half cup of fungus and pours it in with the rest of the ingredients.

"So, who got the reef scum then?" Will asked. "That would be me since I'm the only one out of me and him that could get near the reefs," Cleo raised her hand. "Yeah, definitely not hugging you," Kim shook her head. "Oh, please. As if you would ever hug me," Cleo said in a joking manner. "Well, I definitely won't be now!" Kim stated with a humph.

"Please tell me you washed your hands after this," Charlotte scrunched up her face. "Emma wouldn't let us leave without," Lewis chuckled. "You're lucky I even allowed you to do that in my workplace," Emma narrowed her eyes. "Oh, come on, don't act like you weren't the least bit curious," Lewis whined. "We were. But doesn't mean that we approve of it," Rikki said. "We were only doing it because Cleo asked us," Emma sighed.

And now they knew the reason why. Cleo just wanted her mom back. But if they had known it would accidentally lead to them letting their families, friends, and some strangers in on their secret, she wondered if they would still have gone through with it. Sure, their reactions were a lot different than expected but this is their private life they were getting in on. Oh well, they were almost home. After this, they can all return back to normal, except this time with less stress on their secret since they'll have more help now, from their families and people they hope they can trust.

Cleo: "What now?"

"Someone's impatient," Bev giggled. "I've been waiting on this for hours. It was getting late, we were tired and hungry and still we didn't know if it would work or not," Cleo huffed.

"You told me you were at Emma's," Don frowned. "Yeah, about that," Cleo grimaced, rubbing her neck sheepishly. "Technically she was. She's at Emma's work, she never did say Emma's house," Rikki shrugged. "Rikki don't get involved," Terry warned. "I suppose," Don accepted.

Lewis: lowers the cup. "Now ... we need to add some magic." Points at a section in the book. "You guys need to zap it with your powers."

"Of course. Can't do magic without the actual magic part," Mrs. Chatham laughed.

"Zap it? Can they do that?" Neil asked, a bit worried. They just got control over their powers again, he didn't want them to lose control again. "Don't worry dad, we knew what we were doing when he said zap it," Emma gave him a reassuring smile.

Emma: raises an eyebrow, skeptical. "All of us at the same time?"

Lewis: reads from the book again. "Uh ... yes."

"Is that safe?" Terry asked in concern. "I don't think it would suggest it if it weren't, dad," Rikki said. "Well, the last time you three all used your powers at the same time you created a storm," Neil pointed out. "Yes, well last time it was by accident and that was with our weather powers. This time it's with the basics," Emma grimaced slightly at the reminder. "The last time it was for a storm, this time it's for a potion," Cleo added with a grin.

Rikki: nods her head. "Like this is gonna work."

"You never know. It is magic after all," Mrs. Chatham grinned. "Some stuff they say about mermaids can be true, while others are a mystery that might never be solved."

"It won't," Denman muttered under her breath.

Lewis: annoyed. "Just try it." The two blonde mermaids stare him down while Cleo looks at them. Giving up, the two girls plus Cleo look down at the potion and hold their hands out toward it; Cleo twists her hand, Emma's palm flat and Rikki curls her fingers. The green gooey seaweed potion begins to swirl around with a few bubbles. After that, it freezes over and then almost immediately boils. The three of them look at one another strangely as they get the job done.

"Magic is weird," Elliot said in disgust. "You can say that again," Max chuckled. Fifty years into it and he still will never get used to it. "It's still gross. It felt weird," Emma said.

"You better not do anything like this in my freezer!" Annette warned Charlotte. Charlotte raised her hands slightly in the air. "I don't plan on dabbling in any mermaid magic."

"Please tell me you don't eat that," Kim gagged as did the rest of the audience who groaned at the disgusting potion. "No, no, no. They have to rub it on their face," Lewis shook his head with a smile as if what he said was nothing wrong. They all give him a grossed-out expression. "What?" he asked confused. "You know what? I'd take that any day over eating it," Rikki admitted.

Unlike the others, Bella awed at the sight. She was so excited to see if it would work or not. She was curious as to whether it would work with her own powers, as Lewis didn't exactly say what kind of powers to use. Then again, instead of the potion they just created which looked warm and smooth, hers would be an ooey-gooey jelly.

"This should've been done in a cauldron. Then it would've looked all witchy," Zane grinned. "Well unfortunately the Witches and Brooms store isn't open 24/7," Rikki sarcastically said, getting a laugh out of Ash at Zane's deflated smile.

Rikki: once complete, Lewis opens the book again and points at the next step. Gestures to the bowl. "Nothing happened."

Lewis: looks at her. "Not yet." Back to the book. "Now, you've got to put it on your ... face."

"You're kidding," Don scoffed. "No way are they putting that gunk on their face," Neil shook his head. "Don't worry dad, I wouldn't," Emma crossed her arms. Wishes or not, there was no way she was going to put that on her face. "It's gotta be bad for your pours," Sam frowned. "Surprisingly, it wasn't. But it did make it feel nice and smooth," Cleo shrugged. "Like a baby's butt," Rikki rolled her eyes. She did have to admit though, it wasn't as bad as she thought. Probably would've been nicer if she could've actually made a wish come true.

Emma: "Lewis, no way am I putting that stuff anywhere near my face." Points at it. "It stinks."

"Why? You don't want to make wishes come true?" Ash teased. "I'd rather swim in a muddy river," Emma said.

"At least you guys can't smell it through the screen. Emma's right, it stunk so bad," Rikki waved a hand in front of her face. "I can imagine," Bella held her nose. If it stunk as badly as they said and it looked like that, she was starting to question the whole wishing thing. It better work like Lewis claims. It's much worse when it grows, Emma thought glancing at Rikki.

Lewis: "No pain, no gain, guys."

Rikki: glares at him. "Fine, I'll do it. If it will shut you up."

"Rikki," Terry said in concern. "Relax, dad. It didn't harm me," Rikki sighed. It didn't do anything at all!

"No one else had the guts to do it," Rikki gave a stern look to the other girls. "You didn't even give me a chance to speak up. It was my idea, I wanted to try it," Cleo defended. Though I'm glad I waited till later. Otherwise, we would've never found out that it works.

[Rikki dabs three fingers into the warm gooey substance and slowly smears it on her cheek. She grimaces in disgust from the feeling. Emma tries not to laugh while Cleo stares intensely.]

"Yuck!" Elliot gagged with many others. "How could you stand to put that on your face?!" Kim exclaimed. "I just tried to think of it like a spa mask," Rikki bit back a grimace. "Don't touch it!" Charlotte shrieked in disgust. "I was gonna have to touch it anyways," Rikki remarked.

"At this rate, you better hope this works, Lewis, otherwise Rikki is going to kill you," Terry broke into laughter. Though he was relieved to find his daughter was okay. Just with an icky green goo on her face.

"Who do you think would've done it out of you three?" Max asked curiously. "Probably me. Julia would've been outraged and Gracie ... well, you know how she felt," Mrs. Chatham sighed.

"At least you don't turn into a mermaid from that stuff. Would've made things worse," Sam said. Rikki and her friends look at one another. Actually, it would've made things better.

Bella raised an eyebrow. It's that simple? Huh, would've thought it'd be a little more complicated than just making the potion and wiping it on your face.

Rikki: nods her head. "Okay, hit me. Someone make a wish."

Everyone except for the ones who were there – aka the mermaids and Lewis – lean forward in their seats in anticipation, all eager to know if it actually works or not. As to whether the mermaids can make wishes or not. Bella bit her lip to keep from actually saying the words out loud. Please work, please work, please. But someone was also saying a similar line along with her. "Come on, come on," Will whispered. Elliot crossed his fingers, keeping them held close while Kim stared intensely at the screen, ready to see if her little theory was right or not, or at least possible.

Emma: rolls her eyes. "I wish for a pepperoni pizza with no anchovies." Lewis shrugs and they all stare at Rikki, waiting for something to happen.

"That was oddly specific," Ash raised an eyebrow. "I was hungry," Emma shrugged. "As soon as the café closed, they came right over. I just wanted to go home and eat." "Well that certainly explains her appetite when she came home," Lisa muttered to her husband.

"Really? Out of all the things you could've wished for, you wished for that?" Kim scoffed. "I will never understand sisters," Elliot shook his head.

[Rikki sighs and closes her eyes, waits for the magic to happen. She scrunches up her face, trying to get something to happen, and moves her mouth around, but still, nothing happens. The green goo remains on her face. The four of them look around the frozen room to see if any pizza magically pops up. Nothing. The room was still the same.]

Nearly everyone deflated in their seats, except for the obvious ones of course, and Denman who remained sitting straight with her arms crossed and a big smug grin on her face. "See, I knew it wouldn't work," Denman pointed out. "No!" Elliot whined. He really wanted it to work. "Come on," Ash complained. "Nothing. Just the icky goo still there," Charlotte sighed. "I'd start running, Lewis," Terry looked at the blonde. Bella held back a sigh. She wanted to scream in frustration, she wanted to complain about how she was so eager to be able to try it, yet she couldn't. She couldn't show how disappointed she was, she couldn't give in to it, not like the others. It was too much of a risk with everyone here. Too dangerous to show too much emotion for a secret mermaid.

"Maybe something was done wrong?" Sam suggested. "We followed the book step by step," Lewis said, biting on his cheek. Or we thought we did. Cleo smiled, not saying a word as to not give it away, since she was the one who had figured it out. You have to be in your mermaid form in order for it to work, he thought.

Kim frowned. But how? She was so sure it would work. How else could they have gotten here? How else could all that other stuff have happened the next day? How else will it explain all of this?

Rikki: looks back to Lewis. "Told you. Total waste of time."

"All of that hard work for nothing," Don sighed, feeling bad for his daughter. He could tell she was really disappointed, that she wanted it to work. She was hoping she could finally make her dreams come true. He knew of one: for her mother to return in their lives. In a way it did, but it's still not fulfilled. After all, when they leave this place, will she finally decide to be close with her kids again, or will she choose to stay out of their lives again?

"So, you got that muck on your face for nothing," Terry grimaced. He knew it wouldn't end well for Lewis. Rikki was his daughter, and she happened to inherit his temper.

"And I never got my pizza," Emma sighed.

Lewis: grunts in frustration and glances through the book again. Looks back at them. Rikki wipes the gunk off her fingers. "Maybe I got the recipe wrong." Emma looks annoyed then turns around to walk out of the freezer room, ready to head home.

"Did you?" Charlotte asked. "Kind of," Lewis smirked. "Don't leave us on a cliffhanger," Ash whined. "You'll see it in a minute," Rikki rolled her eyes.

"I wouldn't call that a recipe," Annette scrunched up her nose.

Cleo: "Well, can I take some home in case?"

"Why? It doesn't work," Will asked. "I said just in case," Cleo said as if it was obvious. Kim frowned at the screen, still finding the whole thing suspicious. If she took some home, it gave her more reason to believe that it somehow did work, that Cleo somehow found a way. So, what was it, and was it the reason for all of those other strange events that happened?

Bev felt bad, she knew Cleo really wanted it to work. She just hoped she could figure it out to make things better for her daughter.

Lewis: "Sure." Frowns. To Emma who was by the freezer door. "Hey, Em. Uhm, I might leave this here overnight just in case it needs to settle." Cleo grabs an empty jar and takes the lid off. She leans over the table and grabs a spoonful of potion.

"You're gonna leave it in there, with all the food?" Lisa gasped. "All the food containers were sealed shut tight. Nothing could've gotten in," Lewis explained. "I went in and double-checked everything before we started," Emma added. "Doesn't matter, the air is still contaminated," Annette felt like she was going to faint watching this. "In a freezer that has a cooling system with an operative fan," Lewis countered. "Meaning?" Don frowned in confusion. "Everything will be just fine," Sam assured.

Emma: "It's gotta be gone first thing in the morning."

"Why then?" Harrison asked. "Because Wilfred had informed me before we closed that we were going to be filming the commercial in the morning. I didn't want them to walk in and see or smell that," Emma gestured to the potion onscreen. "I don't think anyone wants to see that," Ash grimaced.

Lewis: "It will be." To Cleo. "I'm sorry it didn't work out, Cleo." Cleo gives him a small smile as she fills the jar with the potion.

"Maybe next time," Don gave her an encouraging smile. He didn't want her to give up on the first try. "Yeah, sometimes it takes a couple of tries to get something right," Charlotte added. Sometimes it was like that with her artwork; if she couldn't get it right the first couple of times, she would look over her work, take a break, and try again later to fix her errors. "It'll take a couple of tries but I'm sure you'll get it eventually," Lisa nodded. "Just, please try not to do it around the food next time," Annette said gently with a shutter.

Rikki: frowns. "What about me? What about my apology? You did waste my valuable time as well." Points at the gunk smeared on her face.

"That was more for Cleo than it was for him, wasn't it?" Neil asked. "I suppose so," Rikki mumbled.

"You and Emma volunteered to be there for Cleo," Terry reminded her. "I wouldn't call it volunteering, more like guilt trip," Rikki shook her hand back and forth. "Like you haven't done that before," Emma grinned. "In fairness, maybe I should have apologized to you three," Lewis grimaced. Maybe then it wouldn't have ended in such a mess.

Lewis: closes his book shut and tucks it into his side. "Rikki ..." Puts a hand on her shoulder. "I will get back to you on that one." Lets go of her shoulder. Rikki looks at him slack-jaw. Cleo closes the lid on the jar and stares at it. She looks up at Rikki before she and Lewis both walk out of the freezer room.

"She's got good resistance. Julia would've boiled him to death," Max and Mrs. Chatham chuckled.

"Ooh, Lewis, you're going to regret that," Zane winced. "That doesn't sound good," Ash shook his head. "Wrong time to joke, Lewis," Bella shook her head. She understood Rikki's frustration and she could tell she was kind of hoping it would work too. To get an apology like that after everything, was almost like an insult. And there are two things she's learned throughout this, one she already knew herself: One, don't insult a mermaid. And two, don't ever insult Rikki Chadwick.

"I beg your pardon?" Terry narrowed his eyes at the boy. "It was a joke. I was kidding! Come on, seriously? Can no one take a joke anymore?" Lewis huffed in frustration, tossing his hands up in the air. "What are you talking about? My dad's just overprotective," Rikki jabbed a thumb at her dad. "Oh, you know exactly what I'm talking about," Lewis narrowed his eyes at her and pointed at the screen.

Rikki: "'I'll get back to you on that one'?" Looks down at the potion in annoyance when an idea pops in her head.

"Rikki maybe now isn't a good time to get revenge," Terry warned. "Too little too late, dad," Rikki winced. In her defense, she's used to acting on anger and she didn't see any harm in it ... at the time.

"It was a good one," Zane chuckled then winced when he felt a pain from the back of his head. "Wanna keep laughing?" his girlfriend said. "No, I'm good," he rubbed his head.

Rikki: looks back at the freezer door making sure they have gone back to the main room before she smirks down at the remaining potion. Lifts her hand and clenches it into a fist, making it boil some more. Lowers her hand. "Like I said, total waste of time."

"It is now," Charlotte commented. "... I stand corrected," Max sighed. "Oh dear," Mrs. Chatham frowned. She knew nothing about this potion business, but one thing she does know is that it can get a bit messy when fighting magic with magic.

"This isn't going to end well," Annette dreaded what would happen next. When it comes to cooking, if you add a little more seasoning than what is needed, it can become a bit unbalanced. She would hate to see what happens when you add a little too much of one power to a magical potion.

"Rikki," Emma mentally slapped her forehead. "Well at least now I got proof," Lewis smirked. "It's not recorded," Rikki smirked back. "We're still missing something," Will raised his hand. "Not for long," Emma sighed as she lazily pointed to the screen.

"But won't that ruin it?" Elliot asked. "Oh, it does more than just ruin it," Cleo winced.

[Rikki walks out of the freezer room and shuts the door behind her. However, on the other side of that door, problems arise. Literally. Due to the extra 'zap', steam rises from the bowl of potion before it rapidly bubbles over and spills over the edges.]

"And there she blows," Don shook his head, his sailor talk slipping out. "Way to go, Rikki," Lewis sighed. "Well, if I'd known that was going to happen, I wouldn't have done it," Rikki exclaimed. "Would you?" Emma asked skeptically. "No, I'm not that stupid. It would've blown our secret with that getting out," Rikki waved to the screen.

"That's a recipe for disaster," Annette finished her sentence from earlier, gasping at the growing bubbling potion.

"There's your proof now, Rikki," Cleo grinned, arms crossed and glad that there was actual proof that it wasn't Lewis' fault. "What do you have to say for yourself?" Emma gave her an accusing look before she too crossed her arms. "Fine," Rikki rolled her eyes before looking at Lewis with an apologetic look. "... I'll get back to you on that one." Lewis laughed. "Rikki!" Terry scolded. "No, no. No, no. It's fine. I know that's the closest I'll get to an apology. And I guess I had that one coming," he continued to laugh.

"Never ever mess with magic. It's much worse than trying to get science involved," Max shook his head.

"Well, it can't grant wishes, but it can grow on you," Denman chuckled. "Please tell me the stuff on your cheek didn't do the same thing," Terry asked in concern. "Nope. Just the stuff that I 'zapped'," Rikki said with air quotes. "That seems like more than a zap," Neil said.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Morning arrives at the Sertori house with Cleo soaking in the bathtub. With her tail hanging over the edge, she stares at the jar of potion in her hand.]

Cleo tensed up and released a silent shutter. It was so similar to the other night, right before they arrived here. Seeing the similarities reminded her of just how close this was ending, how close they were before going home. And how close her mom was to finding out how much she missed her. Hopefully, no one had noticed her slight change as she gripped her arms a little tighter.

Unbeknownst to her, her little sister did. Kim has been switching back and forth nonstop between looking at the screen and her sister's reaction since the announcement of the wish potion. Some were good, and some, like now, were not so good. But she needed to know, she had to know how her sister was feeling about this, what she knew about all this as it unfolds right in front of them. She needed answers. She wished to know the truth, just like she did the other night. However, this time, there were no more magical changes that were going to take place.

[She takes the lid off the jar and sniffs it, immediately backs it away from her nose and groans in disgust.]

The few people around her chuckle quietly. "What? It did stink," Cleo said. "Told ya," Emma smirked.

"Just in case, huh?" Lewis grinned. "We would've never found out if I hadn't," Cleo returned the grin.

[Shaking it off, she dabs two fingers into the jar and smears it onto her cheek. As she does, a knock is heard coming from the door.]

"Here we go," Emma sighed, both to the knock she knew was coming from a fussy Kim and the magic that was fixing to happen. Kim bit back a groan. She knew what was about to happen, and she knew she was about to get embarrassed yet again. "Always an interruption," Cleo mumbled.

"Well, this is an interesting take. Using it again, but this time with a tail," Denman hummed in thought. Although it didn't work the first time, it could be possible you had to be a literal mermaid to do it. Of course, she didn't believe that it could work, but then again, she never believed in mermaids before until almost a year ago. "Had to give it a try," Cleo shrugged with a small smile. "Had to feed the curiosity," Max chuckled. He was just as curious too.

"I'm surprised you didn't scream," Don joked. Cleo was never one to get her hands dirty unless it came to her fishes. The risk she was taking with the ingredients earlier was a shock to him. Bev too was surprised by how far she was willing to go. "Like she said, had to think of it like a spa mask," Cleo nodded her head toward Rikki.

[On the other side of the door was an impatient Kim jiggling the doorknob with a towel in her other arm. The screen switches to a side-by-side panel.]

Kim: "Hurry up!"

Cleo: looks up in annoyance and her small smile quickly deflates. Clenches a fist. "Go away."

"It's times like this I wish I had my own bath," Cleo muttered. "Hmph. Likewise," Kim retorted. If this actually worked, that was what she was going to wish for next! "Girls," Bev warned but Don cut her off with holding a hand up. Don shook his head with his eyes closed. "Don't bother, you'll be hearing it onscreen for the next few minutes."

"Oh boy," Sam winced. "Every time," Charlotte giggled. "Right on schedule," Rikki smiled.

"Hey, that's the same outfit I'm wearing. That's the day when we left and came here!" Kim looked down at her clothes, and she knew what that meant. "Yup, so looks like we are almost done," Lewis nodded. Kim though wasn't as ecstatic as the others. She wanted this to keep going. She didn't want to go back home to reality, with no wishes, no snooping, and no mother.

Kim: "How long does it take to have a bath?!"

Cleo: snaps. "Yelling at me will only make me take longer."

"How so?" Annette asked. "She's a sister. She'll make it happen," Kim remarked. "Don't act like you don't do the same. And I'm a mermaid with a tail. I don't have the same powers as Rikki, so it takes longer to dry off," Cleo argued. "For girls, it's a mystery as to how long it takes," Zane shook his head. Miriam used to take one in their guest bath whenever she came over to swim. At the least, it took 30 minutes. At the most, he didn't stick around long enough to find out.

Kim: "You'll get wrinkles!" Storms off and the screen goes back to focusing on Cleo. Cleo shakes her head then goes back to staring at the jar of wish potion. She drops the lid in one hand and twists the jar around with the other.

"I doubt it with that stuff on her face," Elliot laughed "Spa mask," Cleo smirked. "Not a spa mask," Kim rolled her eyes.

"Strange. You've never given up that easily," Bev said a bit surprised. Maybe she's finally starting to grow up. "Who said I was giving up?" Kim smiled smugly.

[Outside the house, Don drags the water hose from the side of the house and toward the front lawn with the sprinkler attached. Behind him, his youngest daughter follows complaining about the other Sertori.]

Kim: stumbles over the hose. "Ugh. Why does she get whatever she wants? Who made her queen of the bathroom?" Without realizing how loud she is, Cleo hears everything she says from the bath. Cleo rolls her eyes.

"What's with the sprinkler?" Will asked curiously. "It hasn't rained in a little bit and the grass was starting to brown in some spots, so it needed watering," Don explained. "We had to do the same," Lisa and Neil nodded along with Annette. "Our sprinklers are automatically set when it comes to situations like this," Harrison admitted with a slight blush since he didn't have to do as much work with his. Terry sighed. They didn't have much grass or a water hose, so what they had is what they got.

"I don't get to do whatever I want, I'm just older. When you get my age then you'll have more privileges too," Cleo remarked. "I was in a hurry. I was going to meet up with my friends," Kim scowled. "And she's not the queen. You know the rule for the bathroom, first come first serve," Don reminded. "That's what sucks about a shared bathroom," Emma said as she looked over at her smug brother. He always somehow beats her to the bathroom.

"Part of having an older sibling. They got more stuff they can get away with," Elliot shrugged.

"Rules were stricter when I was your age. You're lucky," Neil chuckled.

Kim: outside while Don still sets up the hose and sprinkler, Kim continues to gripe and grumble. "Once, just once, I wish I could have a shower when I want one!" As the words were heard from the bathroom, Cleo feels a slight tingling and magical feeling on her cheek. On her face, the green gunk of wish potion sparkles before it fades into her skin. When the magical feeling fades, Cleo puts a hand on her cheek and realizes it was gone.

"Wait a second," Will said slowly as he thought it over. Wish. "Wait, what happened? What just happened?" Terry pointed to the screen, looking back and forth between that and them highly confused. "Did I see that right?" Sam squinted her eyes. "Where did it go?" Ash asked. "Just keep watching," Cleo said a little giddy.

Almost everyone immediately leaned forward in their seats, they just knew something major was about to happen. Even Rikki and Emma were leaning forward in their seats, eager just as everyone else to see it work. Unfortunately, they weren't there when all the wishes happened, they had to go by their friends' word. Thanks to this whole public event thing, they can finally see it work its magic. "It's working!" Emma whispered to Rikki as she nudged her elbow. "Yeah, I can see that," she whispered back, not taking her eyes off the screen.

Denman's eyes went wide. If that just magically disappeared, then – then that means ... she thought. Oh, great. Proven wrong once again. Kim's eyes widen.

If it disappeared right after I said 'I wish' then it has to mean something, right? Right?! Then what happened next was no coincidence, it really was a wish. It has to be!

Bella's sad eyes soon quickly turned into curious ones. It's happening, magic is happening! She finally gets to see it in action! Max blinked in surprise by the sudden magic that was taking place. This was the first time he'd seen this happen, as the mermaids he grew up knowing didn't have the same adventure. And from the smile on his friend's face, he could tell she was excited to see what would take place as well.

[Back outside where Don and Kim were, the nozzle on the water hose spins around and around until it stops ... on 'on', just as Don walks toward it to turn it on. Immediately, the water rushes through the hose and through the sprinkler system, where Kim happens to be standing next to it. Don looks up as Kim shrieks in shock from the water hosing her down.]

Kim: "Ugh! Turn it off!" Backs up and yells as the sprinkler continues spraying water at her. "Dad, turn it off! Turn it off!"

"Woah!" Terry said in awe, like many others. And just like the others, he was laughing. Whether in amazement or from her getting soaked she wasn't sure, maybe both. From the sounds of it, Zane's was definitely the latter, but for everyone else, it was a mix of both. "No way!" Charlotte gawked in amazement. "I don't believe it," Denman said eyes wide. "Oh, you better believe it," Lewis smiled smugly. Rikki and Emma couldn't help but be amazed by it as well, as this was their first time actually seeing it work.

"It works!" Neil exclaimed, eyes wide. "Oh, wonderful!" Lisa clapped her hands in delight. "Really? Me getting soaked is wonderful?" Kim asked in a deadpanned tone. "Oh, I'm sorry, dear. I meant that the wish potion works is wonderful," Lisa quickly corrected. "It's okay. I guess it is a little funny to watch from this perspective," Kim admitted with a slight blush. And deeply embarrassing.

Bella laughed in shock, covering her mouth with her hands. She couldn't believe it! It works, it actually works! Mermaids can make wishes! Oooh, I so want to do this now!

"Yes! You so owe me a wish after that ice bath!" Elliot stood up and cheered before pointing a finger at his sister. Emma rolled her eyes and shook her head with a smile.

"I don't think it's turning off anytime soon," Ash burst into laughter, both from the irony and awesomeness of the magic. "Karma sucks, doesn't it?" Will grinned.

"Bet you were wondering what was happening down there," Sam chuckled looking over at Cleo. "It didn't take long to figure out," Cleo smirked.

Max's jaw dropped from the wish as he stared at the screen before it slowly crept into a smile. He turned to Mrs. Chatham who had a big smile on her face, tears of joy ready to break free. "Can you imagine that?" she asked. "Don't have to. It's right there!" he laughed.

"Unbelievable," Harrison mumbled, eyes wide. "It sure is now," Annette said, having heard it. "Amazing," Sam gasped.

Bev smiled wide at the screen, so happy that her daughter achieved something no one thought possible, again. She couldn't be prouder of her, now she wished she could just express it without them getting upset. Unlike Bev, Don can. "Oh honey, that's amazing! You did it!" Don gave her a hug in excitement, Cleo laughed at her dad's reaction. Now she can make her dreams come true! he thought.

[Cleo, hearing the screams from her little sister, leans over the tub and draws back the curtain to peek out the window. She finds her sister being attacked by the sprinkler as Don struggles to turn it off.]

Kim: "Ugh!" Don finally takes control of the water and turns it off. Kim looks down at herself in fury, her clothes and hair soaking wet from the onslaught of the watering system.

"You do realize they could've seen you, right?" Emma pointed out. "You're a mermaid looking out a window, Cleo. Not the brightest idea," Rikki chuckled. "I was more worried about what was happening to my sister than that," Cleo whispered, making sure her family didn't hear. She and her sister might argue a lot, but it doesn't mean she doesn't love or care for Kim. That's her sister after all, deep down she always will be ... just like her mom. "We were a bit busy by ... you know," Don gestured to the screen. "Don't act like you weren't laughing, dad. I saw," Kim gave him a pointed look. "Sorry, sweetheart," Don shook his head in amusement.

"It got you to quit griping," Will joked. "She griped even more after that," Don mentioned. "After that, I think there's going to be a lot less complaints coming around now that Cleo figured it out," Neil reminded, still smiling about the event that just took place.

[Cleo leans away from the window in surprise that it worked. She looks down at the jar of the potion and smiles at it in amazement.]

"So how did you figure it out?" Denman asked a bit bewildered. "Isn't it obvious?" Cleo asked. "Here's a hint. What's the difference between her and Rikki attempting to make a wish?" Lewis questioned with a grin. "Well, Rikki was in her human form while Cleo is ... oh!" Sam jumped in her seat at the realization. Soon a few others start to understand and nod their heads. "Of course! You can't do mermaid magic without being actual mermaids," Will said in amazement. "Makes sense. Duh," Bella laughed as she slapped a hand lightly against her head. She should've known that considering she's one of them! Then again, they didn't figure that part out until now. "I guess there really is a difference between your human and mermaid forms then," Harrison hummed.

"Man, I wish I could get a look at that book," Max muttered under his breath. You and me both, Mrs. Chatham thought, happy for the girls.

Kim sighed in slight relief. She was a little angry that happened to her, but she was glad to know that the wish work and it wasn't Cleo's powers that had caused the water to go off on her. Well, not exactly. It was Cleo, but it was an accident. "Sorry, Kim. In my defense, I did not know that was going to happen," Cleo said as if she could read her mind. "It's cool. I guess I had that one coming," Kim laughed it off, a little more excited to know what else it could – or did – do.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Meanwhile, Emma walks across the lawn toward the café. As she nears, she breaks into a run across the patio and around the corner to the doors.]

"What's the rush, sweetheart?" Lisa asked in concern. "You weren't running late, were you?" Neil asked. Was this because of her coming home late the night before? It did interfere with her schedule a little. "Actually, dad, it's because I just remembered that the potion was still in the freezer. I wanted to check it out and get it out of there before Wilfred arrived," Emma explained. Lewis snorted to himself. Too bad that didn't work out as planned. "Wonder what it looks like now," Bev mumbled, reminded of the last time they saw the potion.

[Now in the café, Emma walks through the double doors of the storage room and tosses her bag in the corner. She turns around and slides open the freezer door. When she walks in, she is greeted by a terrifying sight. Her mouth hangs open in shock as she looks around. The entire room was covered in fungus, from top to bottom. The table where it originally began from the potion pours green foam with musty smoke covering the ground. Thick green globs cover the shelves head to toe.]

The entire theatre was deadly silent. Everyone's mouth except for the main mermaids and Lewis hung open, all excitement from before came to a halt. "What the?! Gross!" Zane shouted. "What in the world?" Bev gasped, nearly jumping out of her seat in fright. "That was quick," Terry said in shock, not expecting the bubbly foam to turn into a massive problem that fast. "Now that's a waste," Will said, eyes wide at the massive growing potion fungus.

"You know what I just thought about? My bag got sucked into that fungus as well when it took over the storage room," Emma whispered to the others. "I sense a double cleaning of your items in the future," Rikki whispered in a mysterious tone. "At least you almost didn't get eaten by it," Cleo whispered back.

"You know what, that food is definitely contaminated now," Annette gulped, trying her best not to throw up.

"And I thought the ingredients were bad," Kim shifted uncomfortably.

"That's amazing!" Max exclaimed, causing many gazes to turn toward him. "What? They turned a potion into a never-ending growing fungus. Isn't that cool?!" Max asked with a big geeky grin. "Your definition of cool and mine is totally different," Rikki shook her head. "It is, until you have to smell it," Lewis scrunched up his nose. "It is until you have to work in those conditions," Emma glared. "Under different circumstances it would be," Denman agreed. If it were in a less public place, it would've been great.

"Amazing? It is disgusting," Charlotte repulsed as she held on to her mom's arm who looked ready to faint from seeing the food being ruined. Lisa too looked like she was going to pass out, being a fellow kitchen lover.

[Emma steps further into the room to get a better look at the place. In the corner she finds some crates oozing with green goo, and on the table, it grows even more and runs down the legs of it. On the shelves behind her, the fruit boxes were covered in green slime that drips down from the roof. Panic starts to settle into the young mermaid.]

"Don't step in there!" Lisa yelled. "I was being careful, mom. And I was more shocked about the freezer than anything else," Emma admitted sheepishly.

"Please tell me it's still useable," Bella said feeling a bit hopeless. "I don't think so," Will slowly shook his head. "Once Rikki zapped it some more, it immediately became useless," Lewis sighed. "Sorry," Rikki apologized, feeling bad for the other mermaid. She could tell since the wish potion was revealed that she wanted to try it. And it was her fault that it went haywire. Hopefully, one day if she ever comes to the Gold Coast, they could try to recreate the wish potion, with her.

"I stand corrected. Now it's starting to get really interesting," Kim said eyes wide as she looked at the growing green glob. "You've got guts kid, I wouldn't have gone near it," Terry said a bit impressed.

"How did this even happen?" Sam blinked after staring at it for a while. "Do we need to explain?" Lewis directed a glare at Rikki. "Really, Rikki?" Terry rubbed his head in frustration. "It was an accident!" Rikki exclaimed, receiving a stern glare from her dad. "Ok, it wasn't, but I didn't mean for this to happen!" "You better hope it gets fixed or you're grounded. Again," Terry warned. Rikki didn't respond but let out a breath of relief when he wasn't looking. Lucky for her it did.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[After the 'shower' incident, Cleo returns to her human form and goes downstairs where she opens the door and drags Lewis inside by his arm.]

"Way to greet guest, Cleo," Zane sarcastically said. "Please, he's my best friend. It's not the first time," Cleo rolled her eyes. And hopefully won't be the last, Lewis thought.

"I didn't even hear the door knock," Don frowned, not remembering Lewis coming to their house that day. "Because I never got a chance. Cleo swung the door open as soon as I was about to," Lewis chuckled. "And you were still in the backyard dealing with a fussy Kim," Cleo reminded. "Do you want another fussy Kim?" she narrowed her eyes at her sister. "Not at the moment," Cleo grinned. "No one does," Emma mumbled. "That's what I thought."

Cleo: giddy with excitement, whispers. "It worked!"

Lewis: matches her excitement, whispers back. "It worked!" Confused. "What worked?"

"Did you not get what she was talking about after last night?" Ash asked in amusement. "There were other possibilities ... plus it kind of slipped my mind," Lewis admitted. "Someone wasn't up to speed," Max laughed.

Cleo: pulls him into the hallway and holds up the jar of potion. "The wish potion. Kim made a wish and I granted it."

The audience members started getting excited again. Kim smiled; though it wasn't the wish she wanted, it was what she got. Plus, if her theory was correct, she had two wishes granted. She'll have to confirm it later. Hopefully, it'll show in here, if not, she'll find other ways to get her answers.

"Congratulations. You graduated from a mermaid to a genie," Rikki said sarcastically.

"Why are you guys whispering?" Elliot whispered to them. Cleo and Lewis laugh. "Because, if any of my family came inside, I had to make sure they wouldn't overhear us. You never know with my sister." Kim shrugged. "She's got a point."

Lewis: holds his hands out carefully, eyebrows raised skeptical. "Are you sure?"

Cleo: "Yes. The book didn't mention one thing." Lewis glances around to make sure her sister and dad aren't around. Lewis looks back at her. "You have to be a mermaid when the wish is made."

"In the meantime, I'm in fungus world," Emma announced while everyone was still enjoying the news of the potion working.

"It does sound a little strange," Will shrugged. "This entire thing has," Bella reminded him. And she was the strangest thing of all!

"The irony," Ash laughed, as Cleo explained the works of it to Lewis. "You would think it would be obvious, considering it's a mermaid book," Denman humored. "I'm sorry. Aren't you the one who doubted the wish potion?" Lewis raised an eyebrow.

Lewis: nods in realization. "Ah, of course!" Cleo nods with him, he too becomes excited with her. "Wow, this is huge!"

Cleo: "I know. We could wish for anything we want."

"It is pretty big and exciting," Charlotte smiled.

"Anything?" Bella asked, she too was getting excited. "Anything," the girls nodded. "We could wish for whatever we want," Ash grinned.

"Food," Will said. "Money," Terry mumbled. It could fix their situation! "Art supplies," Charlotte said giddily. "A banana sundae!" Elliot shouted. "That's oddly specific," Neil humored. "I might be a little hungry," Elliot admitted, rubbing his belly. "Science equipment," Lewis sighed. Sadly, that won't be happening anytime soon. A complete family, Cleo thought a bit sad. That was what she was going to wish for originally. Unfortunately, she'll never be able to make that wish now, and it'll never happen. "Ooh, new clothes. We wouldn't have to go shopping," Rikki mentioned. "A new game," Zane remarked. "New riding equipment," Ash said. "To get rid of my failure," Denman mumbled. The last extravaganza nearly ruined her science career. Not to capture them again but to erase that part of her career from existence.

Lewis: looks to the side in thought. "Anything." Looks to her. "So, what would you wish for?"

"Yeah, Cleo. What would you wish for?" Emma asked curiously. Cleo looked to the side, avoiding their gazes. "You already know," she mumbled. Emma and Rikki glance at one another. Oh, right, they thought. Right before the viewing started, Cleo told them how she was going to wish for her mom back. That was the most important thing to her. And now because of them, she won't be able to make her wish. Now that she was here, and only because of this viewing, they weren't entirely sure things would go back to normal for their favorite brunette. They just hope, for Cleo's sake, that it won't ruin her when Bev possibly runs back off again.

Don sighed, he knew what Cleo's wish was. Deep down, it was his and Kim's wish too. But he knew it couldn't be possible, even with magic, because Bev wouldn't have been happy. He didn't want her magically back in their lives if she wasn't going to be happy. That would just ruin it for all of them. If she wanted to come back, that was up to her, not them nor up to magic.

Cleo: shrugs, and thinks hard about it. "I guess I'd wish for things to be back the way they were."

Several people look at her with glances of sympathy, mainly Terry, Rikki, Emma, Don, Kim, and Annette. Even Charlotte which surprised her. But knowing what she knows of the redhead, she too has a parental figure missing in her life. Guess they have more in common than they thought.

Bev could only glance to the floor, being eaten up by guilt once more. And she felt like she deserved every bit of it. After all, she was the cause of this, she was the cause for her daughters' feeling like this, for her family to be slowly torn apart. All because of her; and it was something she could never forgive herself for. But she made a choice, and it was too late to go back to before. She could still freely talk with her daughters if she liked while also being happy with her new life, but she needed to do it on their terms, not hers. When they are ready to speak normally to her again, she'll be ready to accept it.

"Back to the way they were? Y-you want to be human again?" Will stuttered, regret filling his tone. "No. That's not what I meant. I love being a mermaid ... but, there's some stuff in my life that isn't what I want," Cleo carefully worded her statement. I think we all do, Kim thought, sneaking a glance at her mom.

Lewis: perks up and leans against the wall, a small smile on his face. "Really?"

"She doesn't mean with you, dimwit," Rikki scoffed. "Knock it off, Rikki," Cleo shook her head. Wanting my mom back wasn't the only thing I wanted. I meant what I said when I want things back to normal, and he was included in that statement. But I couldn't outright tell him that. Lewis sighed internally. I wished she did. If I could've had one selfless moment it would've been to wish for her instead of the goo going away. But if it meant having Cleo exposed ... I wouldn't have it any other way. As long as Cleo's safe, that's all that matters.

Cleo: "Yeah." Nods and tilts her head. "We're all really missing mom a lot."

Charlotte grimaced. She knew that feeling. Not with her father, but with the woman who made a great difference in their lives even after her passing. Her grandmother, Gracie. And if there was one thing she could wish for – more than art supplies – it was to be reunited with their missing family member. For her grandmother to be brought back and live a long loving life with them and her old friends. Now that there was a chance for that to happen, she hoped she could talk with Cleo and the others afterward to see what could be done. She would love that chance again, to have one final chat with her grandmother.

Bev lifted her head up slightly. She missed me? She did miss me. They all did. At least there was some admittance, even though it was obvious from the past few episodes that they all did, especially with this one. With Don's reaction to her being brought up, Kim's constant reminders about the changes that's happened with her gone, and Cleo's built-up and very stressful emotions. It was all adding up as to how much pain she caused them. Bev sighed. If only she could fix it while staying happy herself.

Bev looked at her other family members. Don bit his cheek and looked away, choosing to remain silent while Kim looked down grumbling under her breath. "Way to let the cat out of the bag, Cleo," she could've sworn she heard her say. Yet the only one who would look at her – even her friends and their parents wouldn't – was the brunette mermaid herself. Cleo made eye contact with her mother. There were so many emotions swirling inside those hazel eyes: disappointment, anger, sadness, grief, hatred, confusion; you name it, it's there. Yet there was the smallest hint of hope, and it stood out from the rest. But before Bev could question it, Cleo turned back to look at the screen.

Lewis: glances to the side and nods with a trying smile. "Oh, yeah. That." Points a finger at her.

"Tried to warn you," Rikki shook her head.

"That's not the answer you were wanting, was it?" Cleo looked over at him sadly. "... whatever you wanted the most, that's what matters to me," Lewis hesitantly answered, giving her a small genuine smile. Cleo smiled at him, a slight blush on her cheeks. "Thanks." Bev couldn't help but be grateful for Lewis. At least someone was willing to support her daughter when she was trying so hard to reunite her family as one, even if it was against her own wishes.

Lewis: phone rings. Takes it out of his pocket, looks at the caller ID, and answers it while Cleo holds the jar of potion up and twists it around while staring at it mesmerizing. "Hey, Em, what's up?"

"I don't think you want to know," Elliot said. "Too late, kiddo," Lewis winced.

"It's more like, what's down," Bella grimaced. "Everything. Everything is up ... covered in green goo!" Emma snapped.

"This isn't going to end well," Ash said. "It never does," Cleo sighed.

"You just can't stop looking at it, can you?" Zane chuckled. "If you found out you could make wishes, what would you do?" Rikki retorted and gave her boyfriend a teasing smirk. "I dunno. Grant more wishes," Zane countered with a shrug. "Reminds me of when she first discovered her powers," Lewis chuckled, reminded of it thanks to the viewing.

Lewis: looks at her for a moment before focusing back on Emma's dreadful words. Smile deflates, grows surprised. "What?" Listens for Emma's answer. Holds a hand up. "Okay, I'll be there in a minute." Hangs up the phone then points at the jar. "I've gotta go. Do not use any more of that potion." Lewis turns and runs out the door, slamming the door behind him. Cleo rolls her eyes then looks at the potion with a giddy smile and walks into the kitchen.

"Did you not believe her the first time?" Lisa asked. "When magic is involved, I believe anything. Sometimes it just needs to be repeated twice. It's not often that you hear that the café was getting turned into, and I quote 'growing moldy smoothie hidden under a booth'." "I'm guessing that's happened before?" Ash raised an eyebrow. "Toddlers can be disgusting. Why play with smoothies instead of drink them?" Emma shuttered.

"Did you even listen to a word I said?" Lewis turned to Cleo. "I might have been in another world," Cleo blushed. "She was in lala land thinking about what she could do," Rikki grinned. I was thinking of a plan on how to get mom back, Cleo thought with a scowl. Too bad her plan backfired when the actual last of the potion got wasted on this.

"You really think you could make it to the café in a minute?" Zane asked skeptically. "It might have been more like ... two minutes tops," Lewis admitted sheepishly. "Five minutes. It took five minutes," Emma stated bluntly. "I was running!" Lewis exclaimed.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[At the café, the green goo oozes and grows more and more by the minute. Lewis, Rikki, and Emma stand in the middle of the freezer room with nowhere else to walk around as they all look at the mess that was created. Lewis looks around stunned and very worried while Rikki is behind him with her hands firmly together looking around the room with disgust and guilt but neither of the other two notice. Emma has her arms crossed and glares at Lewis.]

Emma: "Lewis, this is all your fault. Your stupid fungus is out of control." Points an accusing finger at him.

"That much is obvious," Ash snorted.

"It's grown even more!" Charlotte shouted as her mother let out a weak gasp. "So has the stench," Emma added. "Oh my goodness. This has to be a nightmare, it has to be," Annette tried to pinch herself, but Charlotte wouldn't let her. "Mom, stop. It's real."

"Actually, it wasn't my fault," Lewis smiled smugly. "Not guilty this time," Lewis held a fist up in victory. "This time," Charlotte giggled. "Alright, alright. I'm sorry. There, ya happy?" Rikki rolled her eyes in annoyance and snapped. "Very," the blonde geek replied with that smug grin still on his face. "Technically it was, if you would've just apologized properly to Rikki," Sam reminded. "For what? She volunteered herself into it," Lewis gestured to the screen. "And look what was the outcome," Terry shook his head in amusement.

"You're not even getting on to the one who looks incredibly guilty," Cleo pointed at onscreen Rikki. "I was more focused on Lewis. He was the one who started this whole potion thing," Emma defended. "It's not his fault, and she's right next to you!"

Lewis: whispers. "How interesting."

"Is it safe for you guys to be in there?" Lisa asked in concern. "We don't need you guys to get sick," Neil added. "As long as they don't touch or breathe it in for a long period of time," Denman answered. "So, they can't do anything," Will summed it up. "Pretty much." "Not the human way at least," Lewis shrugged.

"This is interesting to you?" Bella raised an eyebrow. "This is the same guy who claimed he collects fungus," Charlotte giggled. "No, in my head I was comparing the difference between the potion Cleo had and the one here. One was perfect, the other ... clearly not. So, I knew something had to have happened to the potion," Lewis explained with a grin. "Pfft. Scientist," Rikki grumbled.

Emma: drops her hand and glares more at him. "Interesting? This is not interesting, it's a disaster."

"You're only making her angrier, Lewis. Watch your tongue," Terry joked. "You already had a problem with one mermaid, don't make another," Zane chuckled. "You're about to have a problem with another one if you don't watch it," Rikki warned her boyfriend. "Be careful, Lewis. You don't want an ice shower," Elliot teased. "The one time I did and it scars him for life," Emma rolled her eyes.

Lewis: side glances her. "No, I mean, the potion Cleo took home is okay," Behind him, Rikki looks up from his words, the guilt continues to grow. "so why did the stuff we left here start to grow?"

"To be fair, it was contaminated," Rikki held a finger up. "To be fair, it wasn't tampered with," Lewis mocked.

"Someone knows they're about to get caught," Zane grinned. "Yeah, yeah," Rikki sighed with an eye roll.

"Keep thinking, Lewis. Think of what could've set this off," Max encouraged. The boy was smart, he can figure it out.

Lewis: pauses as he thinks. "Unless ..."

Emma: back to crossing her arms. Rikki bites her cheek. "Unless what?"

Lewis: "Unless someone heated it up." Slowly turns to Rikki and Emma frowns at her. "Rikki."

"Bingo," Max chuckled with a fist raised slightly. "How'd you figure that out?" Don asked, a bit impressed. "She covered her tracks well," Will agreed. "Only if you didn't know Rikki. But I know Rikki, and I know she had to have gotten mad at me for not apologizing. Plus, she was the last one out of the freezer, none of the others went back in," Lewis shrugged. "Well played," Terry grinned.

Rikki: "I only gave it a little zap. And anyway, it's your fungus." Pinches her fingers together then points around the room. "You are not blaming this on me."

"That guilty look of yours you had earlier says otherwise," Lewis smirked.

"A little zap? You caused it to overboil!" Annette exclaimed. "And look what that 'little zap' did," Sam grimaced.

"Well, it's obviously not his fault. He goes by the rules and he doesn't have powers," Cleo crossed her arms. "He shouldn't have got me mad," Rikki crossed her arms too. "You shouldn't have zapped it, otherwise none of this would have happened," Cleo countered. "He should've apologized," Rikki stuck her nose up in the air. Emma rolled her eyes. "This is never going to end."

"And you're not going to blame it on me either," Lewis shook his head.

"Why didn't you tell me about this?" Zane asked. "It's literally the same day we arrive here. When would I have had the time to tell you?" Rikki asked with a raised eyebrow.

Lewis: shakes his head. "Rikki, Rikki, Rikki."

"That's her name," Elliot said.

Emma: interrupts, and looks over Rikki's shoulder. "Lewis, what are we going to do?" Rikki looks back at her then at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Please tell me you have a plan, please tell me you have a plan," Annette begged. She just hated seeing a ruined restaurant. She didn't want it to get shut down if Charlotte loved hanging there, even if it is currently an infested fungus sight. "... eventually," Lewis grimaced.

Lewis: sighs then looks around the room with his hands on his hips. Shakes his head. "That, I don't know." Some globs of the fungus fall off the table and splatters onto the ground.

"You could start with cleaning it," Harrison suggested. "At the rate it's growing they won't even make a dent. You need to get it from the source," Sam mentioned. "Which is impossible since the potion is covered with a mountain high of fungus," Emma noted.

"We're doomed," Kim said. "No, we're not. They'll figure it out somehow. They always do," Elliot defended them.

"Meanwhile it's still growing," Don sighed. "Meanwhile they should get out of there," Bev gave him a stern look.

"Come on, you're the idea guy!" Bella complained. "And I'm currently out of ideas," Lewis remarked.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

61.7K 1.8K 40
Cleo, Rikki, Bella, and Emma are going through some changes. They can speak with sea creatures, are getting new powers, different tail colors, and n...
139K 5.9K 61
[ COMPLETE ] ❝there is no such thing as fate in this world. it's simply a combination of one person circumstances colliding with another.❞ [ 𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧...
130K 2.3K 17
Right after Hayley sacrafices herself for her daughters safety everything is black until she wakes up in a huge dark room resembling a movie theatre...
867 67 22
Cato & Clove short stories/ Imagines/ Texts/ Social media- Anything I feel like. - Read the A/N for additional information. - Im also open to sugge...