A Wish on a Full Moon

By FlareSouth511

After Cleo accidentally grants Kim's wish on the night of a full moon, everyone including enemies, family, an... More

Kim's Wish (Part 1)
Kim's Wish (Part 2)
The Letter
Metamorphosis (Part 1)
Metamorphosis (Part 2)
Pool Party (Part 1)
Catch of the Day (Part 1)
Catch of the Day (Part 2)
Time to Talk
Party Girls (Part 1)
Party Girls (Part 2)
Something Fishy (Part 1)
Something Fishy (Part 2)
Young Love (Part 1)
Young Love (Part 2)
Moon Spell (Part 1)
Moon Spell (Part 2)
Roommates
The Denman Affair (Part 1)
The Denman Affair (Part 2)
Dangerous Waters (Part 1)
Dangerous Waters (Part 2)
The Camera Never Lies (Part 1)
The Camera Never Lies (Part 2)
Sink or Swim (Part 1)
Sink or Swim (Part 2)
The Siren Effect (Part 1)
The Siren Effect (Part 2)
Shipwrecked (Part 1)
Shipwrecked (Part 2)
Breaking the Ice
Are You Ready?
Surprise! (Part 1)
Surprise! (Part 2)
The Big Chill (Part 1)
The Big Chill (Part 2)
Lovesick (Part 1)
Lovesick (Part 2)
Under the Weather (Part 1)
Under the Weather (Part 2)
Bad Moon Rising (Part 1)
Bad Moon Rising (Part 2)
To Forgive or Forget
Hurricane Angela (Part 1)
Hurricane Angela (Part 2)
Hook, Line and Sinker (Part 1)
Hook, Line and Sinker (Part 2)
Red Herring (Part 1)
Red Herring (Part 2)
One Case Closed, Another One Opened
Party of Four
Fish Out of Water (Part 1)
Fish Out of Water (Part 2)
In Too Deep (Part 1)
In Too Deep (Part 2)
Love Potion #9 (Part 1)
Love Potion #9 (Part 2)
Dr. Danger (Part 1)
Dr. Danger (Part 2)
A Twist in the Tail (Part 1)
A Twist in the Tail (Part 2)
Grief, Acceptance, & Forgiveness
Season 2 - Stormy Weather (Part 1)
Stormy Weather (Part 2)
Control (Part 1)
Control (Part 2)
The One That Got Away (Part 1)
The One That Got Away (Part 2)
Fire and Ice (Part 1)
Fire and Ice (Part 2)
Hocus Pocus (Part 1)
Hocus Pocus (Part 2)
What the Future Holds

Pool Party (Part 2)

949 29 0
By FlareSouth511

I do not own H2O: Just Add Water or any of the characters.

Chapter 7: Pool Party (part 2)

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[The next morning, Emma's at home eating cereal, when her parents come back from jogging, heading upstairs when they notice her.]

Lisa: sighs. "Are you sure you can afford to miss training again?"

No, but it's not like I had a choice, Emma thinks.

Neil: "Aren't the regionals coming up?"

Lisa: "You trained when you had the flu. Even when you broke your wrist, you swam with one arm."

"The flu? Broken wrist? And you still swam? Were you even human?" Will says, surprised. "I was," Emma says, arms crossed glaring. "Oh. Sorry," he shrinks back.

"I know I'm not in that sort of field, but that sounds very risky," Denman says, causing Emma's anger to boil even more.

Neil: "If she's that bad, maybe she should see a doctor."

Emma: "I don't need a doctor."

"Maybe a therapist," Rikki muttered.

[Neil walks upstairs, while Lisa heads back down into the kitchen to talk with Emma.]

Lisa: "Sweetheart, you have been spending an awful lot of time in your bedroom lately, and locked up in the bathroom. Is there anything we need to talk about?"

"Yes!" Lisa and Neil yell, shocking Elliot wondering why.

Emma: "It's nothing." Looks down, eating her cereal again.

"You call turning into a fish, nothing?" Ash jokes, causing Emma to smile a little.

Lisa: leans in closer. "It's alright to feel moody, yeah?" Emma rolls her eyes, lowering her bowl, realizing where this conversation is going. "You're at an age where you're going through a lot of changes –."

Emma: "Exactly mom. You got it in one." grabs her food and juice, leaving the bar, making Lisa wondering about what was going on with her.

Emma immediately turns red, everyone else laughing, understand where Lisa was going with that conversation. "Sorry darling," Lisa says wincing, not meaning to embarrass her daughter in front of everyone.

"Well, she was going through some changes, just not the changes you were thinking of," Bev says chuckling to her old friend, who shakes her head in return.

"What's she talking about?" Elliot asks. "Nothing!" Emma says quickly, still red.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Cleo is in her bathroom, on the phone with a shower cap on and gloves.]

"Oh no," she says, flinging her hands to her eyes to keep from watching, her turn to get embarrassed. "Cleo? Why are you wearing that?" Kim asks confused. "I was testing something," she says hesitantly.

Cleo: "Hi, Miriam. I was just calling to let you know that I'll definitely be at your party. Probably. Well, I just thought I'd let you know. What will I be wearing?" shows her wearing a wetsuit standing in the tub. "Something appropriate." Hangs up.

Laughter once again goes around. "Something appropriate, huh?" Rikki laughs. Cleo grows even more embarrassed by the second.

[Cleo grabs the bucket of water next to the tub. Preparing herself, she watches the clock until there are ten seconds left.]

"So, what's with the bucket then?" Sam asks. "I was trying to see how fast I could dry myself before I transformed," Cleo explains. "Did it work?" Denman asks curiously. "Not with that much water," Max and Mrs. Chatham say, the biologists looking at them both strangely, still not able to understand how they know so much.

Cleo: "Go." Pours the bucket of water over her head, then puts the bucket down while jumping out of the tub. Grabbing a towel, she wipes it all over as fast as she can, counting down. "10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1." the transformation occurs, causing her to fall in the wetsuit. "Oh."

More laughter echoes throughout the room. "Well, that was a complete failure," she finally says, relieved that it was over.

"Why are you still in the suit, even after you transformed?" asks Annette, confused. "I don't know," she replies, shrugging. If I had to guess, it must be because of the strength of the suit. Maybe some materials are too strong to transform completely in, Denman theorizes.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Back at the Juicenet, people are inside playing pool while Rikki sits at a booth reading the menu. Lewis comes up behind her and taps her on the shoulder, hat in hand.]

Lewis: "Rikki, can I sit?"

Rikki: looks up from the menu, annoyed. "I certainly hope so, just not with me."

They chuckle at her remark. "Rikki!" Cleo says offended. "What? I wasn't in the mood," she explains, swinging her arms up.

[She attempts to read the menu again, but Lewis sits down in front of her. She closes the menu, tossing it aside.]

Lewis: "I know we've had our differences, um, thanks." As a waitress comes up, putting down a drink on the table.

"You could say that again," Rikki mutters.

Lewis: "But I want to know what's wrong with Cleo."

Rikki: shrugs. "What makes you think there's anything wrong?"

Lewis: "Well I've asked her to go to Miriam's party like a hundred times, and everytime she changes her mind."

"Gee, I wonder why?" Charlotte says sarcastically, causing Lewis to chuckle, even Cleo too surprisingly.

Rikki: "Maybe she doesn't like you?" she points and shrugs. "Did you think about that?"

"Yes, I do-," she yells out loud, before clamping a hand over her mouth after realizing what she just said, the whole theater watching her. "Really?" Lewis says, smiling hopefully, before getting confused. "But what about after we broke up? I thought that time was over." Cleo, who doesn't feel like talking about it in front of everyone, especially in front of her dad, looks away, talking quietly. "Can, we talk about this another time, Lewis? Please?" Lewis, who feels a little crushed, turns towards the screen again. "Fine." Charlotte watched the whole scene with tears forming, thinking that Lewis might be taken away from her soon.

Lewis: "Yes. Actually it did cross my mind."

Cleo feels even worse hearing him say that, already upset over her little outburst.

Lewis: smirks. "But then I thought, oh, no, no, she hangs around with you, her standards must be pretty low."

"Ouch," Ash says, wincing. "That sounded like it burned," Will says. "Yeah, more like fixing to be burned," Rikki remarks. "What do you mean?" asks Zane. "Watch and learn," she replies smirking.

Rikki: "Goodbye, Lewis." Tapping her hand angrily on the table close to the drink.

Lewis: "No, no, can you tell me what's wrong or not?"

Rikki: "Not."

Lewis: "Please? I know there is."

"Stubborn and persistent. Not a good combination," Mrs. Chatham says. "She reminds me of Julia," Max says, thinking about their old hot-headed friend.

Rikki: "Look, I'm not even speaking to her at the moment, ok?"

"At the moment? So, you would've spoken eventually?" Cleo asks, surprised, feeling a little better. "Well, yeah," she replies shrugging. "I mean, who else am I going to bug?" making Emma scoff playfully.

Rikki: hand begins to form into a fist. "I'm just trying to be alone right now, so keep your distance." Hand closed into a complete fist, the drink boils, steam rising off the top, making Rikki look at it shocked.

"Whoa!" Elliot yells. "Your power!" Ash says amazed.

"So, you can boil things?" Denman asked fearfully, making the mermaid look over to her with a daring look in her eyes. "Yup."

"That's amazing!" Kim yells in excitement. Terry looks over at his daughter, proud that she has found her power.

She can heat stuff up. That would have been extremely useful, Bella thinks, shaking her head at all the times she almost got in trouble.

"So, is that how you found out?" Will asks. "No," Lewis says, getting tired of constantly getting asked that.

Lewis: "What the?" grabs the drink, but recoils back, shaking his hand. "Ow. It's hot. Is this somebody's idea of a joke?" Rikki still shocked, looks at her hand, opening and closing it into a fist, smiling.

"Thought you might've figured it out by then Lewis," Denman jokingly says, nervous about the new mermaid's dangerous power. "Well, the idea of mermaids existing didn't quite register in my mind just yet," he says sarcastically.

"It wasn't that bad," Rikki says to him, rubbing it off like that wouldn't have hurt. "Tell that to my hand," he says, pointing to his hand.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Down by the beach, Rikki notices a small puddle by some rocks. She walks over to it and bends down. Holding her hand out above it, the puddle begins to boil. Looking around, she smiles and closes her hand into a fist, causing it to get hotter, steam rising upwards.]

"That looks very powerful," Will says, awestruck. Zane looks over to his girlfriend, happy for her.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Emma walks downstairs towards the sidewalk where Rikki is.]

Emma: "I'm glad you called. I'm sorry I was talking about all that negative stuff before. I'm not normally like that. It's just I was –."

"Stressed? Freaked out? Worried?" Ash says, trying to finish her sentence. "All of the above," Emma jokes. "But you're always like that," Elliot says. "No, I'm not," Emma says defensively. "Yes, you are," the other two mermaids both say, quieting the icy blonde mermaid.

Rikki: "Em, it's cool." Nods and points behind her. "I need to show you something." They walk away.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[At Lewis's secret fishing spot, Lewis walks towards the waves, fishing gear in hand, while the two girls are talking in their mermaid forms, not noticing him.]

"Uh-oh," Zane says. "Is this –?" Charlotte begins to ask but gets cut off by a frustrated Lewis. "No, this is not how I found out. Now can you all please stop asking? I will let you know when." Charlotte, lowers herself back down, upset by Lewis lashing out at her.

Emma: "Ok, I'm officially curious. What do you want to show me?"

"Oh, I don't know, maybe my new power?" Rikki says like it was obvious.

Lewis: "Is that you guys?" They see him and lower themselves behind the rocks. "Are you naked again?"

"Seriously Lewis?" Cleo says, closing her eyes annoyed. "What? It was believable the first time!" He says, trying to explain himself on screen. Don narrows his eyes at the boy, ready to act.

[They look at their tails, down on the rocks.]

Rikki: "Um, we're having a bit of a girl talk, Lewis."

Lewis: "Yes, but are you naked?"

Rikki slaps his head. "Hey!" he yells. "Well, I didn't get to do it before, now's the perfect time for it," she replies, shrugging. Thank you, Charlotte thinks, her mood getting cheered up by the slap.

Emma: "Go, Lewis."

Lewis: "No, no, I'm here to fish. Look, I'm having withdrawals. I need the relaxation. If anyone's going, it's you guys."

Rikki: "Don't push it, Lewis."

"Yeah, don't want to mess with a mermaid," Kim smirks.

Emma: "Yeah, shouldn't you be following Cleo around?"

"Ok, I like those two,"Bella smiles.

Lewis: "No, no way. I'm, I'm totally over that, trust me."

"Liar," Zane scoffs. Charlotte feels crushed. Does he like her more than me?

Lewis: "I don't know what's going on with Cleo lately. She just can't make up her mind." Phone beeping, he looks at it. "You see what I mean? It's Cleo. She's going to the party again. I give up."

"Cleo!" her family yells. "Yes, I already know. It was a bad idea," she says, head laid back, already tired of the many speeches that she had from her friends.

[The girls look at one another worried about their friend.]

Emma: "Lewis, you've got to do us a favor. Make sure Cleo doesn't go to the party on her own. Call her back."

Lewis: shakes head. "No, I'm here to fish."

"Please, Lewis. Go!" Bev says, terrified of what might happen to her daughter.

Rikki: "Lewis, this is important. She could be in trouble."

"Let's hope not," Don says, worriedly. Zane feels guilty, understanding the mistake he made at the party.

Lewis: shocked, he presses a button, calling her, putting the phone to his ear. "I am not some lackey. I am not some all purpose servant."

"Did you have her on speed dial?" Annette asks. Lewis nods, blushing. "That's so sweet."

Lewis: "You really think you can tell me what to do and I'll jump? Her phone's off." Puts the phone down, ending the call.

"You turned your phone off?!" Bev asked. "Why?" Lewis asks as well. "To be honest, I don't remember why," she confesses, probably to keep two party poopers off my back.

Rikki: "She could be in big trouble, Lewis. You like her, don't you?"

"Well, that was direct," Max claims but knows it ought to do the trick.

Lewis: leaning against the fishing pole, he thinks. "Well, in a friendship kind of way."

"I sure hope so," Charlotte mutters.

Rikki: "Well?" Lewis gives up, leaving with his fishing gear, off to find Cleo.

"Whew, thanks girls," Don says, leaning back, hoping the worst part is over. "Don't thank us yet," Rikki says quietly.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[At Miriam's house, Miriam and Tiffany open the door to find Cleo, not in a bikini, but wearing odd long-sleeved clothes and a scarf. She stands there smiling, holding a tissue box.]

"What the heck are you wearing?" Kim asks, disgusted. "I was trying to make myself seem sick," Cleo explains, getting more embarrassed. "Well, that is definitely sickening."

"And I thought the wetsuit was worse," Emma says.

Miriam: "It's a pool party, remember?"

"Who could forget?" Zane mutters, remembering how lame the party was until a certain someone showed up.

Cleo: "I remembered. It's just I've got this terrible cold."

"Then why would you go? You could've gotten others sick if you really were," Bev says lecturing her. "Next time think of a better excuse," Rikki says, arms crossed.

Cleo: "So, I won't be swimming. At all. So where's Byron?" looking behind them, smiling.

Miriam: "I'm sure he'll be here any minute."

"Wasn't the party supposed to be for him? Then why wouldn't he be there?" Will ask. "Yeah, shouldn't he already be there?" Bella asks, confused. "It was just an excuse for her to throw a party, as usual," Rikki says, rolling her eyes. "And besides, parties aren't really his thing," Emma explains smiling, remembering that day, making the other two girls and Lewis laugh, confusing everyone else.

Miriam: looking at her disgusted. "You're really keeping that on?"

Cleo: looks at her outfit. "Oh, yeah. You can't be too careful with a cold." Grabs a tissue, faking a sneeze. "Achoo!"

Miriam: "Ew."

Tiffany: "Gross."

"They seriously believed that?" Charlotte says surprised.

Miriam: "Cleo, I don't think it's a good idea that you're here. Sick people make me feel sick."

Tiffany: smiling. "You should go."

"Yes. Listen to them Cleo. Leave!" Don says, worried.

Cleo: steps closer. "No, I'm fine. Really, it's nothing. I can still party."

People groan, annoyed. "She gets her stubbornness from you," Bev tells Don, who is surprised that she has been talking to him ever since the divorce.

Miriam: "Whatever. Just go outside and don't touch anything."

Cleo: "Ok."

Miriam: "And don't try any drinks."

Cleo: "Fine."

Miriam: "Better yet, just stay away from everybody."

"Then why not just make her leave?" Neil says, confused. "I wish I did," Cleo whispers, glaring at Zane.

Cleo: "You got it." walks in between them inside.

Miriam: watches her walking inside. "Loser." They close the door.

"Hey!" Cleo yells, not hearing her say that the first time. "When you dress like that, don't expect anything else," Rikki giggles.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Cleo walks to the pool area, seeing everyone hanging out around the pool. She looks at the water. Walking closer into the party, Nate stands next to Zane, pointing to Cleo. Zane turns around and sees her and walks towards her.]

"This can't be good," Elliot says, worried.

Zane: "Look who's here. Just when we wanted a bit of fun."

"Zane? What did you do?" Harrison says suspiciously. "Nothing good, as always," Emma scoffs. Her family gets even more worried about what is going to happen to her.

Cleo: scared. "No. Get back."

Zane: slowly walking towards her, people begin to gather around her. "Don't be like that, Cleo. You had a good laugh when I got soaked last week." Nods towards the pool. "Now it's your turn."

"I didn't even laugh!" Cleo yells, defending herself. "I'm so sorry, Cleo," Zane admits, feeling extremely guilty now. "Oh, sure you are," she says in a huff.

Cleo: "I have a cold. I can't go in the water. It's the flu actually. And it's catchy."

"Is it the cold or flu? Just make up your mind!" Denman says agitated, curious to see how the mermaid is going to get out of this sticky situation.

Zane: "Come on. Swim time. You're going in." Everyone gets closer to her.

Cleo: "It could even be pneumonia."

"Just leave, Cleo! Run!" Don yells, scared. "I wish I did," Cleo says sighing.

Zane: "Cleo. Cleo."

All: "Cleo. Cleo." Everyone circles around her, watching.

"That's so creepy," Bella says.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Lewis makes it to Miriam's party. Walking outside, gear in hand, he heads towards the pool before Miriam stops him.]

Miriam: "Lewis. I didn't think you were coming."

Lewis: "Oh, no, I was just cruising by. Thought I'd drop in."

"No time for a chit-chat Lewis. Go!" Don yells again, forgetting about the incident from earlier. Lewis feeling ashamed for getting so distracted.

Miriam: "What's with the fishing gear?"

Lewis: "I never leave home without it."

"Seems like you don't," Ash says. "I just said to hurry up!" Don urges. "Dad, this already happened," Cleo reminds him. Don calms down a little, but it doesn't help since he does not know what happened.

Lewis: turns to leave, but stops. "Have you seen Cleo?"

Miriam: "She's around by the pool spreading disease." leaving Lewis, she laughs.

"More like getting in trouble," Emma mumbles.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Zane, Nate, and his other buddies hold Cleo up by her arms and legs, getting ready to toss her into the pool.]

"No!" Kim screams, afraid to watch. "Let her go, Bennett!" Bev says, glaring at him. "Zane! What were you thinking?!" Harrison yells at his son. "I wasn't," Zane says ashamed.

Cleo: "No, please. Stop, please."

Don feels unbearably guilty, having to hear her beg for them to stop, yet there was nothing he could do about it. Except maybe, punch Zane, which he is seriously considering doing if Harrison wasn't there.

Zane: "What do you reckon, Nate?" smiling evilly.

Nate: "On three?"

"Put her down!" Sam yells, Bev surprised that she would be defending her. "I should've," he says.

Cleo: "No!"

Both: swinging her on each number. "1, 2, 3!"

Lewis: appears walking towards them. "Let her go, Zane!"

Don sighs. "Thank you, Lewis." "Don't thank me yet," he says sadly. Don looks on confused.

Zane: "If you insist." They toss her into the pool, her body going completely underwater.

"No!" her family shrieks, jumping up from their seats. "Bennett, you are so dead when we leave here!" Bev says, tears forming. Harrison shakes his head, rubbing his forehead. "Why would you do that? Why do you do such idiotic things!" Zane shrinks back, the guilt overtaking him, unable to answer.

"But wait. Everyone was there. How were you able to hide the tail?" Bella asks astonished. "Luckily, everyone went inside during that time," Cleo says huffily, upset that her family has to watch her downfall.

Lewis: "Do you even have a brain?" without his gear, he walks up to him.

"Apparently not," Ash says.

Zane: "You told me to let her go. I let her go." They all laugh.

"What a jerk!" Emma scoffs.

Zane: "Let's grab a drink, boys. Come on, everyone." They all head inside.

[Lewis walks to the edge of the pool, kneeling to where Cleo is.]

Lewis: "I'm so sorry about this."

Cleo: "Lewis, there's something you should know." Terrified, she looks at her watch, seeing the ten seconds counting down.

"Before anyone else asks, yes. This is how I found out," Lewis says, raising his hand.

Lewis: "No, no, you don't have to say anything."

Cleo: looks apologetic. "No, I really do." The water around her begins to bubble, she looks around while Lewis seems confused by what is going on. "You know how I've been acting strange? Don't freak out, but –."

[The bubbles that surround Cleo increases, until it disappears, revealing an orange, scaly tail in place of where her legs should be. Lewis looks down into the water, seeing the tail. Cleo looks at Lewis scared, who is wide-eyed, completely stunned.]

"What are you doing?! Don't just stay there! Help her!" Kim yells, worried that someone else might find out about her. "I did, I did! I just had to get over my initial shock," Lewis yells back.

Cleo: "Lewis, you have to help me."

[Lewis stumbles back, scared.]

Cleo: "Don't leave me. I really need your help." She reaches out for Lewis, but he shakes his head, frightened. She looks him pleadingly into the eyes.

Her parents, family, and friends worry about her, worried about what he will do. They watch the screen intensely.

Charlotte looks over at Lewis questioningly. Even though he might like her, he was so afraid of her that he froze.

Denman looks on in shock, never had she thought his reaction would be like this, especially since he was so protective of his friends.

Cleo: "Lewis, please." Finally, he grabs her hand.

Everyone sighs in relief, glad that Lewis finally agreed to help her out. "Thank you, Lewis," Bev says, looking at him graciously. "You're welcome," Lewis says, smiling at them.

[She smiles, and he looks at her seriously. Emma and Rikki burst in through the gate, seeing Lewis holding Cleo's hand while she is in the pool as a mermaid.]

"How did you get there so fast?" Will asks surprised. "By using my new power," Rikki smirks, confusing the others.

Rikki: "Where is everyone?"

Lewis: "They're inside." Tries getting her out.

[Emma and Rikki run to the side door of the house, seeing that everyone is inside. Raising her hand to the door, Emma freezes the lock.]

"Ah, so that's what happened," Zane says, now getting how the door got stuck. "Smart," Ash compliments. "Nice job, Emma!" Elliot says giving her a thumbs up, making Emma giggle.

[They run back to the pool, finding Lewis still trying to get Cleo out of the pool.]

Lewis: "Can you guys give me a hand? She weighs a ton."

"She doesn't seem that heavy," Harrison says. "That tail is a lot heavier than it looks," Lewis states. Denman takes more notes, trying to figure out how much the weight difference would be between her legs and tail.

[Cleo looks over to them.]

Emma: "We can't." Lewis looks at them confused while Cleo looks around, then they look at one another.

Rikki: "If we get wet, we'll grow tails too. Is that what you want?"

Lewis: shocked, looking at them all. "Both of you? All of you?" Cleo nods. "Seriously?"

"Yes, seriously," Rikki says.

[Lewis uses all his strength to pull Cleo out of the pool.]

Zane: tries to open the door. "Who's locked the door?"

Miriam: "Its not locked." Attempts too but fails.

"Wow, that is some tough ice," Neil says, impressed by his daughter's powers.

[Lewis lays her onto the side of the pool, collapsing behind her. Emma stays back, keeping a watch out for the others inside. Rikki walks up to the two.]

Lewis: "I should have joined the gym."

"Well, keep doing that and you won't have to," Ash jokes, patting Lewis on the back.

Cleo: "What are we going to do here?"

"That's what we want to know!" Kim says, tired of waiting to find out. "Patience. You're about to see," Rikki smiles.

Rikki: "Get back, Lewis." She bends down in front of Cleo. Lewis backs up a bit, watching her. Sighing, she holds her hand out, beginning to dry off her tail. Forming a fist, steam begins to rise from it.

Cleo: "Ow, that stings."

"Woah!" Elliot yells, her power shocking everyone once again. "That's genius!" Bella says, smiling. Now I wish I had that power! "Brilliant," Denman whispered, astonished.

[She continues drying her up and down her tail. Lewis watches with concentration in his eyes as her tail turns back into legs, steam going everywhere.]

Rikki: "There you go. Steam-dried."

Terry looks over to his daughter, proud of her accomplishment, proud that she was able to save her friend. "Good job Rikki." She looks back, smiling at her dad's happiness for her.

Zane smiles at Rikki's onscreen self, relieved that she was able to fix his mistake.

Cleo: "You found your power." They both smile at each other.

Lewis: getting closer to them. "Guys, what is going on?"

Emma: runs up to them. "We'll explain later, Lewis." She drags Cleo up onto her feet and they run out the gate. Rikki stops, before turning around, looking at the pool.

"What are you thinking?" Zane asks. "I'm thinking of, revenge," she smirks wickedly.

Emma: runs back, grabbing her arm. "Rikki, come on." Before running back out the gate.

[Rikki smiles wickedly, raising her hand and slowly makes a fist, boiling the water inside the pool, steam going everywhere.]

Zane goes wide-eyed, surprised that she was the one who dried the pool. "You did that?!" Rikki laughs, at his reaction. "Best revenger ever!" Kim says, giving Rikki a high-five.

Rikki: "Never liked pool parties anyway." Runs out of the gate.

Terry laughs at her remark. "That's true."

[The party guests run back outside, seeing steam and an empty pool.]

Miriam: "What is going on?"

Zane: "You should really check your heating system."

Everyone laughs. "That's what you thought it was?" laughed Will. "How was I supposed to know it was her?" Zane shrugs.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[The girls plus Lewis run along the grassy area of the beach. Lewis sees Byron behind them.]

Lewis: "Hey, Byron."

Byron: "Hey, guys." Runs past them shirtless and with a surfboard, heading towards the waves, when Cleo stops him, asking him a question.]

"Wow," Bella blushes. "I know right," Emma whispers, Lisa and Neil laugh to themselves, hearing her.

Cleo: "Why aren't you at the party?"

Byron: "Huh?"

Cleo: "The pool party. The one Miriam's putting on for you?" They walk closer to him.

"He seriously didn't know?" laughs Kim. "Nope," Cleo smiles.

Byron: "Miriam? She's the blonde one, right?" looks toward the waves, then back at them. "Parties aren't really my thing. See ya, guys." Running off.

They gasp, then laugh as they realize that he had no clue who she was. "That's just sad," Annette says, shaking her head.

[They all smile at one another, before turning and walking away, with a confused Lewis.]

Emma: "Nice board."

Cleo: "Nice pecs."

Rikki: "Nice attitude."

"For once, I agree," Charlotte says smiling.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

[Later, once again they are all at Lewis's secret fishing spot. They sit on the rocks, with Emma and Rikki sitting across from Lewis and Cleo, watching the waves, before Rikki decides to break the silence.]

Rikki: "This probably goes without saying, but if you tell, we maim you."

"Did you threaten everyone that found out?" Terry asks, chuckling at her threats. "Pretty much," Rikki shrugs, before looking at Zane, the only person she did not exactly threaten.

Lewis: "I'm not that stupid. If anybody found out, you'd end up as science experiments." Rikki smiles at that remark.

"See, Cleo? Even he gets it," Rikki mocks. "Shut up," Cleo says, nudging her. Denman and Harrison look away, the latter feeling guilty.

Emma: looks at them. "I quit the swim team today."

"Poor Emma," Sam says, feeling bad for them. Lisa and Neil look over at her, knowing that she would not be able to do it with her new form.

Cleo: "Oh, Emma. I know how much that means to you."

"We all do," Lisa says, putting a hand on Emma's shoulder, Emma appreciating the gesture.

Emma: "Still, what can I do?"

"How about, talk to us?" Neil mutters.

Cleo: "This whole thing is just out of control. It's just too big."

"Sure is," Ash says, chuckling.

Lewis: laughs to himself. "Just let me get this straight." Points at each one of them. "You freeze things, you explode things, and you boil things. And you all grow tails. It's just too bizarre."

"Yeah, that pretty much sums it up," Rikki says before she remembers something else. "Except for a few more things," she winces at the full moon reminder. "What else could there be?" asks Denman curiously. "A lot," Mrs. Chatham speaks up. Denman looks at both her and Max. "What the heck are you two hiding?" she says, getting fed up with their little secret. They do not speak, only smile, and look back at the screen, making Denman huff, crossing her arms.

Emma: nods. "Bizarre? Yup. Still, sometimes it's good." Nods at Rikki, smiling. "And sometimes it's not so good."

"Good omens and bad omens," Max reminds. But the adventure can be great, Bella thinks.

Cleo: "It's, it's, I don't know the word for it." shakes her head.

Rikki: smiles. "I do, three of them. Totally, absolutely awesome." Emma nods, Lewis smiles excitedly, and Cleo pouts. They all look at the waves splashing onto the shore.

"So, you still didn't love it after all that?" Kim pouts, the same way Cleo did onscreen. "No then, I didn't. But I eventually did, the next time," Cleo admits. Kim gets excited over hearing this, not being able to wait any longer to see her sister finally swim in the water. "Oh, I have got to see that." The parents laugh at her reaction as she snatches the remote from Neil and presses play.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 303 16
Madeleine Hawkins is back with her mermaid and mermen pals. Here's to a new season of adventures with a secret that needs to be kept! Sequel to...
130K 2.3K 17
Right after Hayley sacrafices herself for her daughters safety everything is black until she wakes up in a huge dark room resembling a movie theatre...
9.6K 234 36
The moon has many connections; femininity, immortality and water. But it is also connected to emotions. My name is Reina, I became a mermaid about 2...
296 18 28
Disclaimer: This fanfiction takes place in an alternate timeline where none of the events in the actual season 3 of H2O Just Add Water has happened. ...