The Hanging Noose

Oleh thewhorcrux19

1921 a strange man came to the Johnson's family home. He had asked for Dorothea and Micheal to return home, g... Lebih Banyak

The Hanging Noose
Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Act II
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Four
Act III
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Act IIII
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-Six
Sixty-Seven
Sixty-Eight
Sixty-Nine
Seventy
Seventy-One
Seventy-Two
Epilogue
Authors Note

Forty-Three

266 10 1
Oleh thewhorcrux19

Polly claps, standing to the side of the stage as she welcomes up Tommy, who sheepishly walks to the stage, climbing up the steps and breathing out. He looks in to the audience.

Arthur is the first to make a noise: he shouts, "say it, Tom. Say it to 'em!"

Eliza squirms in Dottie's hold. She wiggles around on Dottie's lap.

"Stay still, baby," Dottie whispers, bowing her head down to Eliza's ear.

Eliza turns her head round to look at Dottie. "I want Nana," she says, trying to escape her mother's hold, however Dottie keeps hold of her waist.

"Nana will be back in a second, for now, how about go to uncle Micheal? Eh? Will he do?" She asks in a quiet voice.

Eliza nods her head so Dottie hits Micheal's thigh with her knee. She nods her head towards Eliza, and he grins, taking hold of her and placing her on his knee. Eliza sits happily against his chest, looking up at Polly with doe like eyes.

"Erm, I didn't come here today to make a speech, but I will say this. These children are now safe. In our care, they will be safe. Because we are from the same cold streets as they are. And in our care, they won't be shipped away to the colonies, or separated from kin," Tommy says, making eye contact with Dottie, "or made to work for men in their various ways. They will grow up here, at home... loved... in Birmingham. Because this is our city.
By order of the Peaky Blinders."

There's a loud cheer irrupting from the Shelby brothers. They agree wholeheartedly with Tommy. Their cheers caused for a round of applause. Dottie can almost hear the lonely widows at the back of the room swoon over Tommy.

Polly steps back up to the pedestal. She smiles. "Now let us sing Immortal, Invisible."

                                    —

After a photograph was taken of the large family, the family was dispersed, talking to different people about different conversations whilst the children ran around. Dottie was hesitant to allow Eliza to play with her cousins, considering she knew the priest. She didn't want her little girl to meet him. She would hate for that to happen.

However, her mind was out at ease when Mary, Tommy's most trusted maid, greeted Dottie with a smile, and Eliza threw herself at the older woman, hugging her gently.

Dottie was thankful for Mary. She was a kind woman, who looked after Eliza and Charlie like her own. She also seemed to care for Tommy, but in a motherly sense.

Once child free, Dottie was free to talk to whoever. Her eyes made contact with strangers, smiling pleasantly at them, however when she saw Isiah she made a beeline for him.

"Alright, Dottie," he greets, tipping his head slightly.

Dottie breathes out, then she speaks, very quickly. Her fingers around her glass clench against the neck of the glass.
"I'm pregnant, and I think it may be your baby but I'm not one hundred percent sure, but it's okay because I'm going to raise this baby—"

Isiah raises his eyebrows when Dottie stops for some air. He places his hands on her arms, a tingling sensation irrupts on her skin.

"It's alright, Dots," Isiah says. "Take a deep breath, and tell me again. This time, remember to breathe when you're speaking."

Dottie stares at him. "I'm pregnant, and I think the baby is yours."

Isiah doesn't respond.

"I don't know for sure if the baby is yours," Dottie continues, "but I'm hoping so. I'm praying the baby's yours."

Silence.

So Dottie continues. "You don't have to do anything. Im just telling you for curtesy. But I'm going to raise this baby on my own, much like—"

Dottie's almost knocked out of air when Isiah crashes in to her, pulling her in to his chest. She laughs, a forced and awkward laugh.

Dottie's worries are pushed aside when Isiah pulls away, pushing a strand of her hair away from her face.

"I'm not letting any child of mine grow up without a dad, Dots. If you want to get married, then we'll get married. Whatever you want to do."

Dottie shakes her head, "I hardly know you, I'm not about to marry you."

A cocky smirk winds up on Isiah's face. "We're about to have a baby, Dots, I imagine we're going to become pretty close."

Tilting her head, Dottie scrunches up her nose. "You know it's not just me you'll be taking on. I also have Eliza. She's my main priority, her and the baby."

Isiah nods, "if she wasn't your main priority, I would be a tad worried," he says, his smirk softly changing in to a grin. He looks down at Dottie's stomach. "I can't believe it. You're really pregnant."

"Like I said, I don't know whether for sure the baby is yours—" Dottie's words fall to silence when Isiah grins, looking back in to her eyes.

"We'll have to see what colour the baby is, won't we, Mrs Jesus?"

Dottie pulls away, her eyebrows raising. "Mrs Jesus, eh? When am I marrying Christ?"

"It's my surname," Isiah frowns, trying to hide his sniffling laugh. "Guess we better get to know each other."

After talking to Isiah for some time, Dottie made her way over to Ada, who holds on to Charlie as she speaks to someone. Dottie greets her with a gentle hand on her elbow, and Ada dismisses the man she was speaking with to cuddle her cousin.

"Oh I've missed you," she says, her arm draped around Dottie's shoulder. "You didn't come with Pol or Micheal, did you? I was so excited to see you."

Dottie scrunches up her nose, "I had to do some thinking," she says, she looks past Ada to where Arthur and Linda stand, not far from Esme, John and then Tommy. She looks back at Ada, "I have something to tell you, but you can't tell anyone. And I mean anyone, Ada!"

Ada raises her eyebrows. She turns her head round, looking where Dottie was looking. She turns back to Dottie. "You're getting married?"

Dottie scoffs, "no. No way." She lowers her voice, "I'm pregnant."

Ada doesn't respond for a second before she squeals, throwing her free arm back round Dottie.
"Oh well done, congratulations— wait, are you happy about it?" Ada stops to get an answer, however she begins to talk before Dottie can speak. "I know a woman if you need it. She's in Cardiff, actually Pol tried to take me to Cardiff when I was pregnant with Karl. I'll take you, if you're not happy. We'll get a hotel room and spend the weekend there."

"I'm happy," Dottie confirms, she looks subtly behind her before she turns back to Ada. "I think it's Isiah's."

"Isiah? It's not Reggie's? When did you sleep with him?"

"The wedding night," Dottie responds, "I can't be sure, but I'm hoping it's Isiah's. I've told him anyways—"

Charlie begins to fuss. He screws up his face, his cheeks going red.

Ada smiles at him, "oh what's wrong, Charlie boy? Hmm? Do you want some food? Are you hungry?"

Charlie continues to squirm. He looks around the room.

"He's wants Tommy," Dottie says, looking at Charlie who's looking frantically around the large room.

Ada nods, agreeing with Dottie. She then turns her head around, seeing Tommy surrounded by some women. Her and Dottie then go over to Tommy.

"Tommy, I am sorry. He wants you." Ada says, passing Charlie in to Tommy's arms.

Tommy, a fake small smile plastered on to his lips, frowns. "Aw, come here, Charlie."

Ada moves Charlie's shirt collar away from his face. "There you go, here's daddy."

"Oh, little boy." Tommy coos, looking at Charlie with pure admiration in his eyes.

Dottie smiles as she walks away from Tommy, ignoring the swooning widows throwing themselves at Tommy. She finds Polly looking out the window with a cigarette between her fingers.

"I've been seeing a man," Polly says instantly, seeing Dottie's reflection in the window.

Dottie looks ahead, seeing a car speed down the dirt path road.

"And? What's he like?" Dottie asks, raising her eyebrows as Polly turns to face Dottie.

"He's sweet. He's nice, makes me feel loved."

Tilting her head, Dottie frowns. "Mum—"

"Loved like how your father loved me. That kind of love," Polly confirms.

"So who is he? Is he here today?" Dottie asks, wondering whether she's seen her mother's man.

Polly slowly shakes her head. A disappointed shake. "No. Ada says there's some others from London who are missing, perhaps there's train strikes."

Dottie nods, "probably train strikes," she confirms as her staining churns. "I've told Ada and Micheal about the baby. Isiah too."

"Isiah's the dad?"

"I'm hoping so," Dottie responds as a frantic Tommy struts around the large ballroom.

Tommy struts up to the two Gray women. His eyes large with worry. "Pol, where's Charles?"

Polly doesn't have a chance to answer as Tommy moves on to Lizzie.

"Lizzie, where is Charlie?"

Lizzie frowns, "I don't know—"

Tommy looks back at Dottie, "Dots... Where is he? Wheres Charles?"

"Im sure he's playing," Dottie says, trying to ignore the tightening of her throat.

Arthur shouts at someone. "Back Door. Kitchen."

John then speaks. "Get to Blake Street, where the cars are." He rushes up to Tommy, Arthur beside him.

"Tommy! Someone said they saw a nurse take him through the back door."

"Fuck."

The Russians.

"What nurse?" Dottie asks, trying to push herself in to the conversation however Polly holds on to Dottie's arm, pulling her away.

"I don't know. Go." Tommy says, walking away from the room and disappearing.

"Arthur." Ada says, her face stricken with worry as she runs up to Arthur.

"What?"

"Somebody said they saw a woman and a kid getting into a car."

"Ah, fuck!"

Dottie looks back outside the window. In the distance she can see a car. Driving away. At a fast pace.

"Arthur!" She tells, pulling Arthur's arm towards her, "that's the car! That's where Charlie is!"

"Alright Dots—"

"I'm coming. I want to help."

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

482K 10.2K 32
the youngest petrovna gets tangled in an affair with a peaky blinder. john shelby complete
78.3K 1.6K 27
"Who even are you?" That was a great question.
359K 10.3K 43
"You might as well shoot me, you've already ripped out my soul." [mature themes throughout]
78.6K 1.5K 20
'π’½π‘œπ“…π‘’' /hΙ™ΚŠp/ noun '𝓉𝒽𝑒 π’»π’Ύπ“‡π“ˆπ“‰ π“ˆπ“‰π‘’π“… π“‰π‘œπ“Œπ’Άπ“‡π’Ήπ“ˆ π’Ήπ’Ύπ“ˆπ’Άπ“…π“…π‘œπ’Ύπ“ƒπ“‰π“‚π‘’π“ƒπ“‰' - michael gray x fem!oc peaky blinders