THE DEVIL YOU KNOW (A Harry S...

By samiestarr

Kendall Jenner is a super model with a high school sweetheart. But she finds true love with her celebrity cru... More

Chapter 1
chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
chapter 11
Chapter 12
chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Part 34

Chapter 24

921 14 6
By samiestarr

Kendall's POV:

A week later

I yawned as I stretch my long limbs . The day is finally here, my birthday of course.
I couldn't help the wide grin that made its way on my face.

Wait a second. I thought to myself as I searched my room for anything new. For the past 10 years or so my family always wakes me up with the most delicious blue berry pancakes on the morning of my birthday, today there was nothing of that sorts. First, nobody woke me up and second I have no breakfast in bed. This made me sad just thinking about it.

My entire life they always remembered my birthday and when I say they I mean mostly dad who reminds the entire family. If my family have indeed forgotten, I'll never forgive them for as long as I live.

"Ok let's not jump into conclusion, why don't you check your phone." Nicole said.

I did as Nicole mentioned and I was utterly shocked. I had birthday wishes from my fans on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and my website that I share with Kylie but still none from my immediate family.

"Maybe they are all dead or something 🙊🙀"

"Nicole enough! Am not in the mood for your nonsense right now. "

Of course my family is well and alive or are they? That kind of thinking scared the living day lights out of me as I rushed down the stairs in my morning hair and hot breath. I didn't care about my appearance even though I knew they might be cameras downstairs .I just wanted to make sure they were alive.

I guess I did care after all. Imagine my surprise when I got to the family room and my relatives were just chit chatting among themselves and ignoring my existence. Am I the only one here that cares about Kendall?

"Hi guys!" I said enthusiastically loud. They all said hi back without acknowledging me and went right into their conversation as if there was nothing they needed to say to me.

"Ummmm guys is there something you forgot today?"

"No honey we remembered everything just fine" my mum replied as she finally took a look at me. "oh honey why are you dressed like a homeless hobo? go upstairs right now and freshen up and come down for breakfast."

"Ok. where is kylie?"

"She went out early today, said she had to take care of something in town." Kim answered.

She has to take care of something alright, that thing being Harry Styles. I felt a pang of jealousy over Harry that I've never felt over any guy before. It hurt badly.

I went up to my room and just laid on my bed. I cried and cried until I had fallen asleep.

I was waken up by none other than my mum. She came in only to remind me that I haven't eaten and lectured me on how important eating is, especially for my career. She had no idea today was my birthday and all she cares about is business, typical mom.

"What time is it anyways? Ouch my head hurt." I mentioned as a got up.

"Honey it's 5 in the afternoon. why don't you freshen up and come downstairs to eat something and take some pain killers. Oh and don't forget about the charity event we have to go to this evening."

"What charity event?"

"Umm the thing for the people of the thing. Remember?"

"Mum I don't remember anything for the people of the thing."

" Kendall just get ready at 8pm and don't ask any questions. Monica would be bringing your gown and rob is on his way to do your makeup."

"Ok I guess I have no other choice but to go right? Well what organization is this charity for?"

"The LA children's hospital." she said looking to her left instead of at me, which clearly shows she is lying.

After taking a shower and looking a little decent I went downstairs to get something to eat. I checked my phone and once again there were more birthday wishes from my friends and fans from social media.

A picture I was tag In on Twitter caught my attention. It was of Harry and kylie in the early hours of this morning going into the Hilton hotel. I didn't know my phone dropped out of my hands until I heard a sound of something crashing to the floor. When I picked it up, it had a cracked screen. Oh great! Can this day get any worse?

Bob our chef came out with a blue berry pancake, scrambled egg whites and a crispy turkey bacon as well as a freshly squeezed orange juice. On the pancake were the words "happy birthday Kendall" with a smiley face.
"Thank you bob" i said while looking directly at him. Well at least someone remembers. I'll take what I can get, as of now Bob is technically family.

"No problem kiddo" he patted my head as he left for his office; the kitchen.

I was enjoying my food when mum joined me on the dinning table and started going through agenda's for the event. Right now am too depressed to get all dolled up after what I've seen of Harry and Kylie.

"Am not going." those three words were out of my mouth before I could think twice.

"Oh honey you don't have a choice. those people already paid and are expecting you on the red carpet. You can't just back out last minute that is very unprofessional and I'd be very disappointed in you if you don't go. I know daddy and I raised you better than that."

"So return their money. is that all you care about mum, money? What about me? Did you ever stop for one second to think I wasn't interested in going to an event since it's my birthday? And since we're on the subject of a birthday thanks for wishing me one mom!" I run to my room slammed the door after that speech and just balled up on my bed and cried.

I heard the door to my room open and in walked mum. "Am so sorry I forgot about your birthday honey. I was so caught up in work. You know it isn't easy managing the entire family. Sometimes I forget the most important thing and that's you and your siblings. " She apologized while engulfing me in a hug. There really isn't anything better in this world like a mothers love. I felt it which made me cry even more.

"Ok mom I'll go to the event." I said while wiping the remaining tears from my eyes.

"Oh kendall baby you don't have to, I'll call to cancel if you want. Of course those sick kids would have less research money but who cares right?"

"I do! And stop making me feel bad."

"Well is it working?"

"Yeah mum it's working and I've already said I'll go."

"Ok then my job is done here." she mention as she started trying to do the 'nene'.

"Oh gosh mum please stop!" I couldn't help but laugh at how silly my mum can be sometimes.

3hrs later...

"All done!" My makeup artist motioned after he applied the last set of eyelashes. he turned my chair around so I can finally see his creation. I looked in the mirror and I must admit I looked dawn good.

My hair was in loose curls. My makeup was done at a minimum but cute enough for people to know it was done by a professional and Monica rose did right by me. The gown she had picked out had a floral detail at the chest area and flowy at the bottom. All in all I must say I don't looked bad at all.

I walked into the hallways were my mum was waiting for me. The tears in her eyes said it all. she started taking pictures as if I was going to my prom, which by the way I never got to go to because of my busy schedule.

"Ok mum enough pictures we gotta go before we're late."

"Oh kendall please let a mother enjoy this moment."

"She can if she didn't forget her own daughters birthday!"

"Haha good one Nicole!"

"I'll never think of depriving you of such moment mother but right now we have somewhere to be. Let's go."

We get to the Hilton hotel just in time. I walked on the red carpet. The paparazzi are screaming my name from left, right and center.

"Kendall here!"
"Kendall to the left!"
"Kendall to the right!"
"Happy birthday kendall!"
"What did harry get you!"
"Are you and harry dating?!"
"How do you feel about harry cheating on you with your sister?!"
"Kendall please tak to to us!"

I ignored their viscous question and plastered a fake smile on my face.

Mother and I were done doing red carpet and interviews when I spotted a young couple in the crowd. Their appearance was alarming so I decided to be cautions and follow their every move, totally ignoring every word coming out of my moms mouth. I discovered when they turned around that it was Harry and Kylie. Immediately after they saw me the two started speed walking in the other direction. I began getting ready to follow them and when I say getting ready I mean taking off my damn heels.

They begin running the minute they went through the entrance. I also speed up my pace. The two made it to the elevator just in time before the doors shut in my face. A victory smirk on their faces. They must be both dumb if they think something as little as the elevator will stop me.

I made my way to the nearest staircase. At this point my adrenaline was so high. I could barely breath, I was determined to catch this two once and for-all. I run faster than I've ever ran. Remind me later to thank my dad for his genes.

I got to the first floor, there was nothing, second floor same by the 5th floor I was beyond tired and tremendously out of breath.

"You can do this kendall" Nicole cheered me on.

On the sixth floor I caught up with their elevator when some people tried to get on. Again only for the door to be shut in my face. However this time i was able to catch a glimpse of the floor the elevator was headed to. Damn that's a lot of floors.

I decided to wait for the next available elevator which was a floor down. I hoped and prayed that their elevator got delayed until I had reached the destination. I wanted so badly to catch them coming out of the elevator but the universe never seem to work on my side does it?

Anyways I got to the roof top of the hotel and saw their backs. Hey stop you two! I yelled after them which only resolved in them running again.

I dashed after them, down the longest hallway I've ever seen. Holding on to my heavy gown and heels in one hands. This gown isn't idle for a roof top chase or any other chase for that matter. We run and run until they came to a dead end. There was only one door In which of course they entered.

I made my way to the same door and Let's just hope and pray it isn't another set of staircase.

***************************************

Please keep voting and commenting. Xox

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.1K 1.8K 73
Harry Styles and Kendall Jenner are secretly dating and have been for 2years. No one knows except the boys and parents. Things are perfect between th...
50.5K 1.3K 29
Life changed a lot for Maddison and Khloe.In the first book,we saw their lives change.Could it be possible to change even more? With engagements and...
575 54 27
A girls parents are murdered, and she feels she cant be near anything that will remind her of them. She becomes a California girl and meets the man o...
1M 21.3K 92
𒊹ī¸Ž đ™ĸ𝙮 𝙧𝙚đ™Ĩđ™Ē𝙩𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤đ™Ŗ'𝙨 đ™Ŗ𝙚đ™Ģ𝙚𝙧 𝙗𝙚𝙚đ™Ŗ đ™Ŧ𝙤𝙧𝙨𝙚, 𝙨𝙤 Kassandra or Kass Jenner as she prefers is an singer, songwriter, actor, model...