The March Cousin! ➼︎ [Little...

By bonbonsandbooks

Beth March has passed on. Amy is to travel to Europe with Aunt March. Jo is going to stay home to home to hel... More

The March Cousin! [Little Women]
Disclaimer|Copyrights:
Chapter 1 ➼︎ Ginger Cake!
Chapter 2 ➼︎ Poetry
Chapter 3 ➼︎Teddy!
Chapter 4 ➼︎ Meg's Wedding Day!
Chapter 5 ➼︎ Artistic Attempts!
Chapter 6 ➼︎ Amy's Party!
Chapter 7 ➼︎ Lazy Laurie
Chapter 8 ➼︎ Long Letters
Chapter 9 ➼︎ Courtship
Chapter 10 ➼︎ White Gloves
Fun Facts:
Author Note:
Chapter 11 ➼︎ Baby Blessings!
Chapter 12 ➼︎ Facing The Facts
Chapter 13 ➼︎ Needing Answers
Chapter 14 ➼︎ Nurse Fiona!
Author Note:
Author Note
Chapter 15 ➼︎ Saying Goodbye
Chapter 16 ➼︎ Trains
Chapter 17 ➼︎Books
Chapter 18 ➼︎ Professors
Chapter 19 ➼ Wedding Dresses
Chapter 20 ➼ Story Time

Chapter 21 ➼ Wedding Plans

54 4 0
By bonbonsandbooks

Chapter 21, Wedding Plans

The wedding was getting to be so close! We were all excited of course. But I knew I was most excited out of any of them. Next wedding to plan was Jo's wedding to the Professor.

Then all of us March girls would be married!  I was sitting outside that beautiful day with my family. Just us girls. Marmee and Hannah were planning the big wedding dinner. And the wedding cake as well.

Hannah was jotting down notes as Marmee asked me a million questions about what I wanted for my wedding day. We were planning an outdoor wedding here as Meg had. I simply loved the idea for it.

•✿•

"What kind of cake do you want Fiona?" Hannah asks me.

"Well....I love vanilla with cream cheese frosting. I love pinks so it could have pink candy flowers and the bride and groom on top of course" I add.

"Great choice! John and I had chocolate cake that was my favorite as well as his!" says Meg.

"Maybe I should ask Laurie his favorite after all it's his wedding day to" I mention thoughtfully.

"Laurie likes any kind of cake. He loves sweets" laughs Jo. Amy nods agreeing with her.

"Even so. Mind if I ask him first?" I ask Hannah.

"Go right ahead sweetie" Hannah says to me as she smiles.

We chat away. I see John coming with the babies. Laurie was helping him carry one of the cute twins. Laurie was going to make a fantastic father someday. Meg gets up to greet them. She takes her baby from Laurie.

"We were just talking about you!" laughs Jo to Laurie.

"Good things I hope?" chuckles Laurie.

"We are wondering what kind of cake is your favorite we are planning the wedding cake details out" I explain to him. He sits beside me on the ground on the old blanket.

"I love all kinds...."
"I knew it!" laughs Jo.

"My all time go to favorite though has to be vanilla" he answers.

"Oh you two are so perfect for each other!!" gushes Amy. Laurie's face turns red.

"What did I say??" he wonders.
I place my hand on top of his.
"I said the same thing so they are teasing" I laugh. He kisses my cheek.

"Well, I do agree. We are meant for each other" he sweetly says.

"I loved the letter you gifted me" I whisper so everyone could not hear me.

"I'm so glad you did" he says with a smile.

"Would you like to go for a walk with me? It's so beautiful out" I mention. I know that men are supposed to ask you to be alone with them. But I needed a break from wedding planning.

"We can do that! Yes!" he answers me. We excuse ourselves from the crowd of family. Then he offers me his arm to take.

We begin our walk to town. It was warm today. But it sure felt good to be outside. I snuggled up a bit closer to Laurie's side as we walked together.

•✿•

"I can't believe in a few more days we will be together and be married off!" he says thoughtfully to me.

"I can hardly wait! It will be different to be living next door but I'm sure I will get used to it" I reply.

"Are you ready to move in with me?" he wonders.
"Actually I really am! I have been getting rid of my clutter as well. Things that I don't need" I brag to him.

"Sweetheart there is plenty of room for all your things you don't have to get rid of anything at all" he explained to me.
"I know but I wanted to. Spring cleaning kind of thing" I chuckle.

"The bedroom is looking wonderful now that the paints all dried. I bought a new beautiful bed for us" he tells me. "There is a surprise for it but I won't tell you! You can see it all on our wedding night"

"Oh Laurie! You are so sweet!" I tell him.

We walk a bit more as we chat about future plans together. Then we head on home. I find Jo hanging around the Professor and Amy in the attic. Reading something. I see it's my poetry!

"What do you think you are doing?" I yell in anger.

"I was just showing Fredrick your poems is all! Your poetry is amazing I just wanted to share it with him" says Jo. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you in anyway"

"Please next time ask me" I sigh.

"Your work is beautiful and I have read many poetry books over time. I could send these to the same publisher Jo is working with" Fredrick says in his calm thick accent.

"You think my work is that good? I was only writing for pleasure it helps me through my parents death. I find great comfort in poetry" I explain to them both.

"You have a great talent that could be shared with the whole world" he replies.

"Why thank you!" I say as I blush.

"Talent runs in the family" jokes Jo. "What do you say? Will you publish it?"

I take a deep breath. I look out the window. Then think a bit. If my words could bring comfort and help someone else than yes I wanted to do that.

•✿•

I nod. "Yes, I would like to try to publish my work" I decide. "What would I call my book?"

"We can help you with that. And Fredrick can help you send off your work to them" says Jo.

We hug. This was so exciting! I could not believe my poetry was going to be published. Laurie joins us. He had been helping his grandfather.

"What's going on? Why all this excitement?" Asks Laurie.

I explain to him about my work and that we were going to publish my work. I was thrilled and he looks so happy for me. He hugs me.

"Capital!" He exclaims joyfully. We laugh.

"Don't use slang words Laurie" chuckles Jo.

"You are one to talk" teases Amy.

We all laugh and talk about plans. And what I should name my book. I was going to dedicate my book to my parents and to my love Laurie. Maybe I could later write a love poem book for him. Ideas were coming to me. I was getting to think like Jo did.

Not that, that was a bad thing......

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Thanks for reading!

•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•

нσρє уσυ αℓℓ єиʝσує∂ тнє cнαρтєя!
мσяє тσ cσмє!!
------∂αℓαιиα

• Please vote!!!

• Hit that star ☆!!

• I ♥ comments!!

|Fan|Vote|Comment|Love|Share|Save|

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 5.9K 56
(y/n) (l/n) a girl who was born in the modern world who somewhat ends up in the taisho era of demon slayer. Her sassiness and eccentric attitude capt...
162K 7.8K 53
Four siblings, two elder brothers and two younger sisters living with their rich parents!! Get ready to enter the life of these siblings and their fa...
Fake love By :)

Fanfiction

119K 2.8K 43
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
1M 55K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...