A Different Way

Par Thiccie67

Everything was going perfect for Izuku he met his idol, gained a quirk to fulfilled his dream and was even tr... Plus

Ch.1 One Path Closes Another Opens
Ch.2 Hell
Ch.3 Stronger
Ch.4 Almost
Ch.5 Diving Deeper
Ch.6 Close Call
Ch.7 Completion
Ch.8 Secret Thrower
Ch.9 Stains of Society
Ch.10 To the very End
Ch.11 Recovery
Ch.12 Hasty Return
Ch.13 Strings of Destiny Tangle
Ch.14 Aftermath
Ch.15 Trial and Verdict
Ch.16 Readjusting
Ch.17 In the Darkest Skies Shine the Brightest Stars
Ch.18 Something New
Ch.19 Bond
Ch.20 Leashed
Ch.21 Kyoto
Ch.22 Freed Wings
Ch.23 Burden
Ch.24 Liberation
CH.26 Rescue
Ch.27 I got no strings attached
Ch.28 Visitation
Ch.29 Culture
Ch.30 Info
Ch.31 Hood
Ch.32 War
Ch.33 Consequences
Ch.34 Executioner
Ch.35 True Hero?
Ch.36 I'm fine
Ch.37 Stay Away
Ch.38 The World's Hero
Epilogue
The Cuts

Ch.25 Stop

730 33 1
Par Thiccie67

Disclaimer I do not own My Hero Academia

I only own the Plot and Original Characters

--

*Narrator Pov*

*1 week since last chapter*

Something's off. Izuku could feel it in the air and it had something to do with Bakugo. Ever since the Kamino incident he had been awfully quiet. Yet Izuku knew it was a matter of time before he exploded and eventually, it came. Izuku was working on some homework in the commons, one of the few things he was still forced to do even though he was a pro hero at this point. That's when Bakugo walked up to him causing Izuku to raise an eyebrow since he didn't know how he got into the 1-B dorms.

Bakugo: Meet me at City Gamma. We are gonna talk one last time.

Bakugo didn't repeat himself and made his way out of the dorm. However, what he didn't expect was Izuku to follow him right away. Not knowing Izuku was on board as soon as he said this was the last time, the sooner Bakugo was finally out of his life the better. He doesn't remember when he started to hate Bakugo more than admire him, maybe it was when he finally got positive support around him, or maybe it was when he decided he would no longer be weak, but he knows now...that he truly hates Bakugo. Soon they arrived at the fake city with them both standing away from each other.

Izuku: Now what do you want, Bakugo?

Bakugo didn't respond right away instead just staring off into the distance before turning to Izuku with a frown, before speaking in a somber tone.

Bakugo: Ever since that night the fall of All Might has been playing in my mind every day, every class, and every night on constant repeat. Him struggling to stop that monster, the pinnacle of strength that I vowed to surpass, failing. Yet right by his side was you trying your hardest to contend among those titans, and where was I? Hiding with the others with my tail between my legs, the reason...I wanted to talk with you for one reason. Fight me, show me why All Might chose you as his successor.

Izuku stared at him with an annoyed look before speaking with clear distaste.

Izuku: Even though I would love to kick your ass, I will decline. I don't owe you anything Bakugo.

Izuku turned to walk away making Bakugo growl clenching his fists in anger. He lunged at Izuku resulting in Izuku sidestepping the explosion and countering with a punch to Bakugo's face launching him back, Bakugo recovered mid-air and released a wave of AP shots that Izuku weaved through. Bakugo raised his arms over his head getting ready to block another punch but Izuku punched his stomach instead crashing him to the ground.

Izuku: I don't know what you thought would happen Bakugo. You know I'm stronger than you, I know that probably hurts your fragile little ego but I'm no longer that little quirkless kid you can take your anger out on. I'm better.

Bakugo coughed from his crater on the floor but just looked to the sky with a sad look.

Bakugo: I know...Dek....Midoriya why did I have to be the one to end All Might? Why did I have to be so weak to get caught by some stupid villains? Now, even the guy that I bullied for so long is stronger than me, yet I'm not angry about it. If anything I'm just frustrated that this is my fate.

Izuku's hateful look softened yet Bakugo continued on.

Bakugo: Where did I go wrong Midoriya? When did I become this piece of shit? When did I lose you as my only true friend?

Izuku looked stunned for a second before he answered honestly.

Izuku: We were never really friends, Bakugo. You were always like this, whether that's the nature you were born with or it was nurtured by this shitty society. That I can't tell you.

Bakugo: I see.

The silence was tense in the air as Izuku glared down at the motionless Bakugo until Bakugo said something that shattered Izuku's world.

Bakugo: I'm sorry. 

Izuku didn't say anything, not even when he walked away to return to his room. This will be the last time Izuku and Bakugo talk to each other.

--

The rest of the month was a bit of a blur to Izuku, it was like that conversation with Bakugo had drained everything from him. Bakugo after that never even looked in his direction and instead seemed to be trying to become better not only as a hero but also as a person. Izuku didn't know what to feel about it so he decided to not think about it at all, and instead moved on. His hate was still there for him but now instead of a burning fire, it was just a smoldering fire. He just didn't care anymore and now it was time to move on.

So, he did. He took all his girlfriends on dates to try and clear his head, he didn't need any more stress, the Safety Commision was already taking enough of his sanity, and he didn't need Bakugo to be doing the same. 

He took Ochaco to an aquarium as she had been wanting to see the seal exhibit which allowed you to pet the mammal. Kendo wanted to have a workout session together which Izuku found relaxing. Yu just wanted a nice candlelight dinner. Momo wanted Izuku to meet her parents, which was...terrifying. Mei just made him a test subject for one of her experiments. Nejire just wanted to have a nice scenic walk in the park. And finally Mandalay also just wanted a nice dinner. So, that helped with Izuku's psyche, unfortunately, he had to return to work one day.

Izuku walked into Nighteye's Agency for the fifth time this month. He still remembered his first meeting with the sidekick. Extremely tense and annoying as the sidekick had tried to tell him he wasn't worthy of OFA, Izuku shut him up by putting him through a wall. The second meeting was more professional after a week of recovery had passed for Nighteye. The case was pretty straightforward take down some yakuza group that was trying to take advantage of All MIght's absence, it was getting kind of serious since they developed quirk-dampening bullets. Yet, the summon he got today said there was a serious development that would push the raid up.

Izuku entered the conference room filled with several heroes, some high ranking others just well known. He waved to Ochaco and Nejire who were sitting at a separate table behind Ryuku who they were studying under. Izuku sat in between Rock Lock and Fat Gum which signalled the meeting to start. Rock Lock glanced at Izuku before frowning as he turned to the standing Nighteye next to a projector.

Nighteye: Good everyone was able to make it. Now let's begin this emergency meeting.

Fat Gum: If you don't mind me asking. Why is this an emergency? We just had a meeting two days ago.

Nighteye: It's an emergency because of something that was discovered yesterday due to Lemillion. We may have found the reason for how Overhaul is developing these quirk-erasing bullets.

Nighteye pressed down on a clicker causing an image to show a small girl with white hair being escorted by Overhaul into the estate. All the heroes minus the ones that already knew dreaded to hear what Nighteye had to say. Nighteye took a deep breath before he started.

Nighteye: Yesterday, while on patrol Lemillion made contact with this little girl, who as he stated was extremely afraid and clung to his leg for dear life shaking. As he went to comfort the girl Overhaul appeared stating he was the girl's father but Lemillion noted she began to shake uncontrollably, once Overhaul threatened Lemillion the girl who was stated to be named Eri returned to his side at once. Due to the bandages on the girl and the hair evidence Lemillion obtained from the girl. Overhaul is using the girl to create the bullets.

*Slam*

Everyone turned to the noise seeing Izuku had slammed his fist onto the table with clear anger in his eyes. 

Izuku: And you let her just go?

Nighteye: Izuku! Calm down, you of all people should know that if we tried to bring him right then and there no charges would stick. Plus with his quirk the amount of damage he could cause in the 2 minutes it would take for backup to arrive is unimaginable. Lemillion is already beating himself enough as it is, we don't need more arguments about what if.

Izuku glanced at Mirio seeing him looking down with a depressed look, Izuku sighed as he leaned back in his chair.

Nighteye: Our top priority now is the safe rescue of this girl and secondary is the arrest of all the Yakusa. Is this new objective clear, speak if it doesn't.

Rock Lock: I have one issue but it has nothing to do with the case. Should we really have kids involved in a situation like this? It just doesn't feel right to me.

Izuku tuned out the rest of the meeting as he stared at his fist indent in the metal. He understood the situation and knew that he couldn't blame Mirio but it still angered him. Izuku let it go though he needed to stay focused on the mission. Izuku's phone buzzed making him glance down at the unknown number that sent him a text.

'Retrieve the quirk erasing bullets and its research.'

*End of Chapter*

Ch.26 Rescue

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

190K 3.9K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
237K 7K 81
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
47.3K 1.3K 78
Many different worlds involve Izuku to run away from home...it is engraved in his path no matter what he does...it'll lead to pain...however..he inst...
12.8K 211 16
One day Izuku was walking home after school so we he wanted to avoid Katsuki and his buddies, On his way home he saw a girl crossing the road as a tr...