Courting

By fayes534

*NOT MY ART* This story follows Neteyam and Ao'nung in their meeting in the movie (nothing else is canon). A... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
A/N
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14 (Lo'ak and Tsireya)
Chapter 15 (Lo'ak and Tsireya pt.2)
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
A/N
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
A/N
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 *smut*
A/N
Chapter 34
A/N bc i can
Writing Update?
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
A/N
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 (Lo'ak and Tsireya)
Chapter 45
CONCLUSION - PLEASE READ
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

New story!

335 11 11
By fayes534

First chapter of my new story 'Loving'. Same characters, same world, soon after the end of this one. Check it out on my profile!

Ao'nung POV

Slowly pulling himself along the underside of the coral bed, Ao'nung swiveled his head. He would need a breath in a moment; he had been searching for ten minutes already. He couldn't believe his quarry had evaded him for so long, young as they were.

Rising to the surface, Ao'nung saw a flicker of movement out of the corner of his eye: a tail flicking around edge of the coral bed he had just been searching. Breaking the surface and quickly filling his lungs with fresh air, he dove back down as quick as possible, working his flat tail and pulling his lean body through the cool water. Diving for the coral that, just seconds ago, caught his eyes with the flicker of movement. Pulling himself over it and down the other side, he saw something floating upwards from a hollow in the coral. As he reached for it, it disappeared, pulled down into the hollow. Leaning forward, he saw a mop of the braids on the head of a dark blue head, curled into the slim body of Tuktirey.

As he laughed, bubbles rose from Ao'nung's mouth to the surface. Hearing the disturbance, Tuk looked up, grinning. Bubbles left her mouth too, dancing towards the surface while catching light on the way. Jumping out of the hollow, Tuk darted away from Ao'nung before he could grab her. Pushing off the edge of the coral bed, Ao'nung began a pursuit. Tuk did not have his finned arms or his flat, powerful tail, but she was small and quick. She dove through seaweed and around rocks Ao'nung had to maneuver around more carefully. After several minutes, she began heading upwards. Sensing she was almost out of breath, Ao'nung jumped as far as he could off a rock below him and wrapped his arm under her shoulder, pulling himself and Tuk to the surface.

Breaking the surface, Tuk screamed in excitement and latched onto Ao'nung, whose legs and tail were now the only things able to keep them above the water as his arms were occupied keeping the excited Tuk from falling beneath the surface again. She giggled and looked at him as he tried to flick hair out of his face. She had pulled him out of his bed so early this morning that he hadn't even had his braids in yet; his tangled mass of black curls were tumbling over his shoulders. That was, until she had pushed him into the water off the rock flats jutting over the reef. Now his hair was wet and covering his face. Tuk parted it around his eyes and blew a raspberry at him. He squeezed just below her ribs and she started squirming and laughing and screaming.

"Ao'nung- Stop! I can't- Stop!" she giggled hysterically. He laughed with her, ceasing his jabs at her ribs, and began slowly moving to the shallows. When his feet could feel the ground again, he stood, holding Tuk to his chest still.

"Caught you," he grinned at her.

"Nuh uh! It's not fair! I have to breathe more than you! Next time-" her protests were cut off by a scream as Ao'nung threw her into the water again. She splashed to the surface laughing again, splashing water at him by kicking as hard as she could. Covering his eyes, Ao'nung jumped at her, holding her arms to her sides and carrying her out of the water.

"Come on Tuk, time to eat something. Besides, my parents might be upset if I'm not at breakfast soon, and I don't think your mother will be too happy if you aren't dry before you go back to your marui. Let's sit here for a bit to dry off, yeah?" Tuk pouted. "I'll do your hair," Ao'nung tempted in a sing-song voice. She jumped excitedly and ran to sit down on the dry sand. Following her quickly, Ao'nung found some shells and fallen flowers on the beach to add to her braids.

Several minutes later, Tuk had several spiral shells in the end of her braids; easy enough to take out if her parents wished, but also secure enough they wouldn't come out otherwise. The flowers were twisted in higher up, but just as easy to remove. Looking at her reflection in the still rock pools, Tuk clapped delightedly.

"Thanks Ao'nung! I'm going to show Kiri! She loves these shells, and she showed me a big one once, and I could hear the waves! Well, not the beach ones but- wait, no. It sounded like the beach but it wasn't, it was inside the shell! How did the waves sound get trapped in there? Does it take a long time? How come-" Ao'nung grabbed her and hoisted her to sit on his hip and she giggled. Holding his shoulder, Tuk ran her fingers in her braids, inspecting Ao'nung's handiwork.

Ever since he had been exposed to Neteyam's mother as not being able to braid, Ao'nung had been receiving daily braiding lessons from his boyfriend's mother, practicing on Neteyam's own hair. Tuk was a more willing volunteer however. He had improved hugely in the time since, but still didn't manage to replicate some of the more ocmplicated patterns Neytiri decorated Neteyam's head with. Not that he was complaining; it made them more special. Speaking of the Sullys, Ao'nung remembered his destination. Walking off the beach, Ao'nung headed along the walkways that led to their marui. Hoping Tuk had asked permission to play with him, or at least that her parents wouldn't be too upset with him for getting her riled up, Ao'nung stood at the entrance.

"Um, hello? Want her back?" Ao'nung asked, addressing the shadows falling out of the marui. Chuckling rang out of the marui, and Neytiri stepped out.

"Tuk, there you are! Did you wake Ao'nung up?"

"No!" she giggled. Neytiri looked at Ao'nung, and he shook his head.

"I'm an early riser, Mrs Sully; I was already on the beach," he told her.

"Neytiri!" She corrected him. He smiled and nodded

"Right, sorry."

When Neytiri shook her head, smiling, and turned back to the marui, Tuk flashed Ao'nung a toothy grin to which he responded with a wink.

"Oh, Ao'nung, could you please tell Neteyam to come back? I sent him looking for this one," she told him, roughing Tuk's hair.

"Hey! Ao'nung just gave me pretty flowers!" Tuk protested, batting her mother's hands away. Neytiri smile warmly at her daughter, and then at Ao'nung.

"Yes, Neytiri, I'll tell him," Ao'nung told her, turning back the way he came. Tuk waved energetically as he left, and he waved back.

Walking back to his own marui, Ao'nung smiled to himself. Tuk was the most constantly amused child he had ever met. He was very glad she liked him; he loved feeling as if he was welcome around his boyfriend's family. Occasionally, Neteyam's father scared Ao'nung a little, but otherwise he felt very comfortable around his family.

Speaking of Neteyam, Ao'nung's boyfriend's voice caught his attention as he approached his marui. Slightly puzzled, Ao'nung ducked inside (now slightly too tall for the entry way) and found Neteyam sitting down with his parents.

"Ao'nung, you're up early," his mother remarked. Ao'nung rolled his eyes.

"Mum! You make me sound so lazy!" Ao'nung groaned, very aware of Neteyam giggling to himself, watching the interaction.

"You're the one who doesn't get up," she shrugged. "Neteyam here was up early too, looking for his sister. Have you seen her?" Ao'nung nodded.

"She found me just before, dragged me to the beach," Ao'nung explained. "That's why I was gone so early. I've just taken her back to her parents. They want you back too, Tey." Ao'nung told him, indicating him to step outside with him. Excusing himself, Neteyam rose and followed him outside.

Once they were out of view of the entrance to the marui, Ao'nung leant down slightly to kiss Neteyam on the forehead softly.

"Good morning, seashell." Ao'nung linked his hands behind Neteyam's back.

"Morning, Ao." Neteyam smiled back. The morning sun set his eyes molten gold, and reflected off his beaded braids. Ao'nung stared for a moment, then noticed a dark blush on Neteyam's face.

"Still embarrassed to be around me?" Ao'nung teased, pulling them closer to each other. Neteyam gasped slightly, then laughed.

"Just a little worried about my reputation," he grinned, poking Ao'nung's stomach. When Ao'nung didn't move, Neteyam's smile softened and he properly embraced his boyfriend.

"Makes sense," Ao'nung shrugged. "How could you maintain your golden-boy virgin standing if people saw-" Neteyam jumped as Ao'nung's hands fell lower on his waist, and crept downward. Neteyam jumped.

"Ao! Your parents are right there!" he whispered.

"Sorry, I forgot. You do that to me," Ao'nung grinned. "Know what else you do to me?" Neteyam looked scandalized.

"Ao! Stop!" Neteyam gasped, eyes fluttering shut.

"You sure?" Ao'nung asked, half teasing, half making sure.

"You said my parents want me back?" Neteyam reminded him.

"Way to kill the mood." Ao'nung pouted, releasing Neteyam and stepping back. Neteyam shrugged, then smiled again.

"So, you were with my sister?"

Ao'nung blushed slightly.

"Yeah, um, she woke me up this morning with an offer of hide and seek in the reef. How could I refuse? Especially after she did those eyes," Ao'nung shrugged. Neteyam was still grinning. "What?" Ao'nung asked.

"You were with my sister," he whispered. Ao'nung nodded, confused. "You dragged yourself out of bed for her," Neteyam continued. Ao'nung shrugged again.

"It was nothing," he insisted, but Neteyam shook his head.

"She would have loved that," Neteyam chuckled.

"She did," Ao'nung confirmed. "She is still convinced she won, as well."

Neteyam laughed. "Well, I don't think she can lose by her rules. Something about being the youngest." Ao'nung nodded. "You know she'll be back tomorrow." Neteyam told him.

Ao'nung found he didn't mind. "I look forward to it," he said, honestly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 2.8K 23
(I've been seeing Fanfics about the avatar movie so I wanted to make one myself too) Taneya is an 18 year old girl, adopted from the Sully family. S...
31K 1.1K 19
This is Neteyam x Aonung / Aonunete. Im going to follow the complete story line of ATWOW (to the best of my abilities) so definitely ⚠️SPOILERS⚠️. A...
603 37 12
*ALL ART IS DONE BY ME UNLESS INDICATED OTHERWISE* *I have to change the cover photo cuz I don't have my art on my phone* I have not a clue where I'm...
1.7K 48 12
"your beauty never scared me" "I've never met anyone like you, that's why" This story is a romance story between you and a...