To be Claimed by Her

Av theEveofChaos

An Academy fan fiction. The Blackborne and Toma teams had fallen apart after learning Sang and Kaylie were ag... Mer

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Tying the Knot
Chapter 134
Epilogue
Moving Forward - upcoming book
Second Book Update
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter 2
Bonus Chapter 3
Bonus Chapter 4
Bonus Chapter 5
Bonus Chapter 6
Bonus Chapter 7
Bonus Chapter 8
Bonus Chapter 9
Bonus Chapter 10
Bonus Chapter 12

Bonus Chapter 11

358 17 0
Av theEveofChaos

The Thinning of the Veils

Part 1: Not So Sweet Dreams

Gabe's POV

She's fucking outdone herself again, I thought as I walked through the field adorned for Samhain. The center pyre had an arch directly lined up with it wrapped in fall foliage despite the fact that there really isn't fall in Tir Na Nog. She wanted everything to be perfect for Cailleach and Phil. Before she knew her true heritage, she'd always thought of the goddess as a surrogate mother, and the gods know all of us saw Phil as a father figure, especially Sean.

I watched as she flitted around the courtyard, fixing small things that weren't really out of place. Iseldir followed her around, just as stoic as his father even at twelve. He carried a checklist and marked off projects as she called them out. Her hair was tied up in a long braid that swayed across her hips when she walked. Despite our immortality, we had matured some with age, well except Loki. I swear that man has an eternal fountain of youth in his fucking interdimensional pocket, along with an endless supply of clothes.

I cleared my throat, "Ahem, Little Wolf."

She turned and smiled instantly. I held up two glasses of lemonade as she and Iseldir came closer. Placing a kiss on my cheek as she took the glass, she muttered, "Thank you M'anam."

"Thanks, Dad," Iseldir said, gulping his down quickly.

"Hey kiddo, why don't you go see if Sean and Phil need any help," I suggested. He flashed me a thankful look and dashed off, glass still in hand. I couldn't help but laugh. Eveleen had a slight frown that I kissed. "What's wrong, love?"

"I just feel like something's wrong," she muttered.

I took her hand and set the glass down, leading her to a small clearing filled with soft grass. We sat down and I pulled her against my chest. "Talk to me. What has you going so overboard with this handfasting? Is it because it's Cailleach?"

She sighed, "I really don't know. There's this gnawing feeling in my gut that something just isn't right. I mean, it's not like a part of the decorations are missing, it's like something is coming. Something I can't stop and we can't see."

I turned her toward me slightly, "Is it the same feeling you got before Kaylie showed up on the mission with Marc?" Her eyes went wide, as realization set in, and she nodded wordlessly. "Okay, this is something we need to talk with the others about. We can't ignore your intuition, little wolf. It's never steered us wrong yet." I helped her up and we headed back to the main house as I sent a message to the others.

Hey, little wolf has a bad feeling about something bad coming - as in something bad like when Kaylie showed up. Everyone meet in the study so we can talk.

I received a round of responses as I held her hand. She stayed completely silent which was worrisome in itself. I pulled her closer, wrapping my arm around her shoulder, "Hey, it will be okay," I tried to convince her as I kissed her temple.

Marc rushed toward her when we reached the house, "What happened? Did you see Kaylie?"

They walked toward a sofa and sat down as she explained, "No I haven't seen her or anyone for that matter. Well, maybe that's not really true. I don't know. It's like little flashes of things in my dreams." Her forehead scrunched like she was trying to recall something just beyond her grasp. "A flash of gold, a deep voice, but I can't understand what it says. Then I get the feeling like someone is watching me, watching us." She shivered as Marc pulled her closer to him.

Silas and Axel knelt close to them, "Is there anything else - no matter how random, you can remember from your dreams, Serina?" Silas asked her, his hand running up and down her arm.

She made a soft whining sound, then said, "I keep seeing a small room with a pitched roof. There are small lights and photos that I can't quite make out. It has a small latched door and I'm scared of what is on the other side." We all froze.

"Pixie, did the room look like this?" he asked as he waved his hand and the image of Sang's old attic space appeared.

"That's it!" she gasped, "But, wait, how do you know what it looks like?"

"It's Sang's old attic in the house she fucking lived in when we all met. I helped decorate it for her. She used it as a place to hide from her bitch stepmother when she became abusive," I explained. When Eveleen's breathing became erratic, Luke let the image vanish. We all tried to reassure her, but it seemed to infuriate her even more.

"Fucking stop!" she stood and screamed as the room shook.

"Holy shit," Brandon muttered.

Holy shit was right. The longer we lived, the stronger all of our powers had become, but Eveleen's were even more so. Not only did she have her own powers, but she had acquired more from each of us through the bonds. Her emotions were always tethered to her emotions, and right now those emotions were raging.

"I am not some fragile fucking child you all need to reassure and protect. I am not her!" she growled.

"Queen, we have never thought you were Sang. Where is this coming from?" North boomed. She spun around her hair flying around her, eyes glowing purple but with hints of red. Wait, since when did her eyes have red in them?

"One mention of your precious Sang and you all look like lost puppies," she yelled. "I get it, I'm not some innocent, blonde bombshell." She gestured with her hands angrily as several items around the room blew up.

"Tesoro," Owen said, trying to calm her.

"Oh shut up, Owen. I don't need to be placated like a child - like her."

In a flash, Loki appeared behind her and placed his hand on her forehead. "Sleep, ástvinur," he whispered as she fell limp in his arms. He laid her on the sofa while the rest of us stared in confusion.

"What the fuck was that all about?" I asked, "And did anyone else notice her fucking eyes flash fucking red when she yelled at North?"

Sean began scanning her body with his magic, a frown deepening across his face. "She...she's been spelled somehow," he sputtered. "I don't know what it is or how to stop it. We need Cailleach and Brigid now."

A few moments later the two goddesses showed up with Phil close behind them. We explained what had happened from the feelings she expressed to her recounting of dreams, then the aggressive outburst.

"So what's wrong with her?" Corey asked as he clung to Raven. "Who's doing this to her?"

Brigid and Cailleach exchanged looks and seemed to speak silently. "Phil, sweetie, come here please," Cailleach asked, holding her hand out to him. He did as she asked and knelt beside Eveleen's still form. "We need you to try and see what's wrong with her."

"Me? Why, but I don't have magic?" he sputtered.

The two women smiled at him. "Yes you do, Phillip. You are my charge, just as Sean is. It was no coincidence that you became his mentor in your former lives. Now, I need you to focus on her mind. Look deep and try to retrace her steps for the past few days," Brigid told him as Phil's face morphed from shock to determination. He didn't answer but simply nodded and held his hands over Eveleen's head.

I heard both he and Sean gasp slightly when a deep golden light suddenly emitted from Phil's hands. He closed his eyes and seemed to be watching a movie behind his own eyelids, then he suddenly stopped and stood. "Owen, Gabe, Loki, and Kota, I need you to come with me. The rest of you stay with her," he said decisively. We obeyed our former advisor as he led us down the hall to Eveleen's private room.

With fifteen husbands, she sometimes needed a place to herself. We had added this small private bedroom for her a few years after Silas and Axel's twins arrived. We seldom entered the room and never without her. I smiled as I saw the rows and rows of photos that lined the old dresser from the manor. She and I had picked it out right after Lochlyn was born and when we fully moved to Faire, she refused to let it go along with a few other items from our past life. Too much time had passed now for us to return to Charleston. The few times we did visit the mortal realm were mission-related and always in supernatural pockets.

Phil was bent over, looking under the bed, when he yelled out, "Here!" He pulled something small out from under the frame and frowned. Holding it out to both Loki and I, he asked, "What the hell is this?"

I sucked in a sharp breath and Loki growled. "This is a curse. It slowly poisons the mind and soul of the victim, driving them insane," he seethed and began to destroy it.

"Don't!" I yelled, "We need to know all of the ingredients. Not every curse ends just by destroying it. Don't let your emotions get away from you, trickster," I cautioned. He sneered but did stop.

"What's this?" Kota asked, pointing to a symbol on her wall. It was faintly etched into the wood next to a long mirror.

Owen raised his hand over it and yelped as it flared red and seemed to shock his hand. "Shit, that's strong," he muttered. "It's not Fae magic. If I had to guess, I'd say it's demonic somehow." He began pressing on the wall around the mirror and even removed the mirror. Nothing changed.

Loki stood at the mirror, and then touched his fingers to it. He shivered, "She's right. Someone was watching her. There's residual magic here. I think someone used the mirror as a scrying tool to watch her. It might be the way they got in to place the curse as well. Well, that or they possessed someone to do it for them." Okay, that last idea was even more concerning than the first one fucking was.

"So if the symbol is demonic and most likely connected to whoever cursed Eveleen, is it safe to make the connection that similar to what Kaylie did with Marc, Sang was trying to poison her with demonic essence?" Kota asked.

"That seems like a reasonable connection. The question now is how to undo it - or can it be undone? There was only so much we could do to help Marc," Phil replied.

"Victor. Have Victor reach out to Typhon and maybe Gaia," I suggested. "They would be able to quickly recognize the essence and maybe even help."

We hurried back to the study to see North and Raven struggling to keep Eveleen still. Her eyes were fully red and she was making inhuman sounds as she struggled against them. "Don't let her leave," Phil roared as she broke loose and bolted for the door. Silas quickly blocked her exit and she paused for a second, sneered then dove for the large decorative mirror above Owen's desk. It rippled like water as she vanished through it.

When Nate tried to follow her, it simply cracked and fell into pieces exposing nothing but a brick wall behind it.

Where the fuck did she go?

Part 2: Visitation

Multiple POVs

Eveleen's POV

I tried to yell, to scream, but once again, I was a prisoner in my own damn mind, watching my body do unbelievable things. I thought I was going to kill myself when I headed for that damn mirror, but no, dark magic had to transport me here instead. Lo and behold the blonde bitch herself sat in front of me, grinning ear to ear. I tried to lunge forward and rip that smile off her but found myself unable to move. Just fucking great. Damn, I really do sound like Gabriel...

Sang continued to grin as she walked around me, almost inspecting me. "I see my curse was successful," she smirked.

I growled at her since I clearly couldn't speak. Stupid fucking curse.

She giggled. It sounded almost innocent minus the sadistic tone. "Oh, Eveleen, don't worry, I'll let you get back to your husbands soon. I just wanted you to myself for a few moments. I was so fascinated when Kaylie told us about you. Well, I just had to meet you for myself. I just never dreamed getting into Faire would be so difficult."

Yeah, yeah, blah, blah - get to the point you psycho, I growled. Again, I just growled, but that's what I was saying in my head.

She threw her head back and laughed, "I suppose I really should get to the point. Now, I'm going to give back your voice, but I'll be more than happy to take it again should you misbehave." What the fuck am I a pet? She ran her fingers over my throat causing a tingling sensation to cover me.

"So, what exactly do you want to chat about," I asked, my throat feeling scratchy. Sang lifted a cup to my mouth. When I refused to drink, she squeezed my throat, forcing the cool liquid down. I coughed and sputtered as I swallowed it. To my surprise, it tasted just like lemonade and didn't seem to have any effects. "Thanks," I coughed.

"Don't mention it," she replied and sat down across from me again. I tried to move, but still couldn't do it. "No sense wearing yourself out, dear. The curse won't allow you to harm me in any way," she grinned, "Neat trick, huh?"

"Lovely," I said sarcastically. Stupid bitch. I swear I'm going to rip out her fucking throat one of these days. Woah, okay, that's a bit violent even for me...

She let out peals of laughter as I tilted my head in question. "Oh, Eveleen, someday you will be an amazing demoness. The way your mind instantly goes to violence - well, you were just made for us." Us?

"Sang, I assure you I am not becoming a demoness or anything else for that matter. Would you kindly tell me what this is all about? I have a wedding to plan."

Her grin faltered for a moment, then she regained her facade. "I'm just the delivery system. Now, be a dear and close those pretty eyes." I tried to resist, but my eyes closed tightly. "Take a few deep breaths and let that potion work through you completely. Your guest will arrive soon." Fuck, the drink.

I felt her fingers run along my face, then down my neck. Her face came close and her breath tickled my ear, "Don't worry about those dark thoughts, Eveleen. I'm sure I can put those pretty lips to use and erase every thought of killing me. I would say tell the boys hello, but that won't be necessary. Our plans are much further along than you think. Be a good girl and play nice." Then the air was still and her presence was gone.

I had to find a way out of here and fast.

Victor's POV

"She did what?" Typhon gaped as I explained it all to him again. He shook his head and looked to Gaia who sat silently staring at the symbol on the wall. In her hands, she held the curse pouch. The old goddess's eyes were white as if in a trance. Unnerving was an understatement.

I hadn't dealt with her since the night Typhon had suggested I father Eveleen's child. She never spoke that night as well. Could the woman even talk?

I turned back to my patron god, "Well, do you have any ideas where she might have gone or who is with her?" We had all been frantic when she'd disappeared. It had been almost two days.

"The Veil thins," Gaia said in a soft voice. Several of us gasped when we saw flowers spring to life on the very walls and furniture. Wait, she's the Goddess of Creation - she literally speaks life into existence. She pointed to the mirror. "She's in there. He wants her. This," she held up the pouch, "is to prepare her."

"Who is he?" Loki demanded, "And prepare her for what?"

She pointed at me and the others, "Your past, her future, your future." She stepped forward and touched the mirror almost reverently. "She will return on Samhain. Light your pyres, each standing at one to guide her home."

"That's tomorrow night," Luke said, "Why can't we get her now?"

"She isn't ready and he will not let her go yet." She turned to us, her eyes softening, "Fear not. He will not harm her and he will not let your former lovers harm her either. Your paths are once again changing - the future is not set. Seek the past to find the future." With that, she vanished in a flurry of flowers and leaves.

"Fuck me. Typhon, your mom really knows how to make a fucking exit," Gabe chuckled.

"Yeah, try growing up with that," he grimaced.

"She still didn't answer our questions," I pointed out.

Typhon patted my shoulder, "Son, that's about as much of an answer as you'll ever get out of her. She wouldn't lie about Eveleen, so you just have to wait and do as she says. Hopefully, your girl will be able to answer the question of who when she returns."

Eveleen's POV

I yawned, stretching out to the feel of soft sheets underneath me. For a brief moment, I forgot what had happened, then I felt a dip in the bed. When I tried to open my eyes, everything was still dark. My heart began to race.

A warm hand fell over my heart, "Calm yourself, dear. It is only temporary. Once you return, your sight will return as well. I just can't have you telling your men where I am just yet. We're not ready for that."

"What do you mean, yet?" I asked, finally finding my voice. "Who are you and why am I here?"

The voice chuckled, "An old friend to some, a new one to others. As for why you're here, well, I simply wanted you to myself." I found myself feeling comfortable, and safe even as he spoke. His voice was hypnotic and soothing. "Would you care for a drink or food perhaps?" My heart raced again, remembering the drink Sang gave me. "Calm yourself," he said again and I felt my heart slow at his command. "The potion was necessary, but not harmful. As I said, you are not meant to see me yet, Eveleen."

I felt strange, but not in danger. "I...I could use a drink," I admitted. My throat ached and felt raw.

"Here, sip," he said as I felt a glass press against my lips. I lifted my hand to take it, but he stopped me, "Let me." My arm fell back onto the sheet as I sipped the cool water. Once he'd taken the cup away, a mouthwatering scent filled my senses. "Open and take a bite," he prompted. Like a child, I did as he asked, a small groan leaving my throat at the burst of flavors. It was unlike anything I'd ever tasted. He chuckled, "I'm glad you like it. Here, take another bite." He continued to feed me until I'd finished, then he placed my hands in his. "I hope you haven't found me to be a horrible host," he said in that same hypnotic tone that made my head swim.

"Why are you interested in me, in the others?" I asked, fighting to stay focused.

I felt him place a hand on my leg and trail upwards as he came closer. I shivered at his touch. "Imagine my surprise to see the Blackbourne and Toma teams seeming to have not aged a day in decades, and you are in the middle of that somehow, pet." His hand was warm and for as much as I wanted to move away, I didn't - I couldn't. "I see now, that you are far more than you appear, Eveleen. Even now, your destiny swirls and changes around you. I am a part of that new path, dear."

"What did you do?" I gulped.

"Perhaps Kaylie's presence started the changes," he mused, "Then again, Sang giving you my venom definitely changed things. Or perhaps this was always meant to be part of your path, and you are just dragging the rest of us along with you."

"Venom?"

"Shh, not to worry. It won't harm you, for now, it simply helps me know where you are," he said in a reassuring voice. However, I didn't feel very reassured. I felt his hand brush across my forehead, then warm lips pressed against it. "Sadly, our time is almost gone. But before you leave, I need to run some tests, so to speak." I started to ask what he meant, but suddenly found myself standing in the room with his arms around my waist. A haunting melody began to play as he spun me around, never breaking contact with my skin. Can you hear me, pet?

"How," I gasped. He placed a hand over my lips and then let it slide down my throat, a slight burning sensation following his movements. I found myself once again without a voice. Why are you doing this, I thought.

Ahh, so it works both ways. Good, very good - he replied.

Why - I asked again.

Sorry, pet, but that is an answer for another day. Sadly, you won't remember me or any of our time together. You will simply remember Sang's warning that she will be seeing her former lovers again sooner than they think. His voice sounded almost forlorn.

I don't understand. Can't you just please tell me, I begged. Wait, why am I begging this man for anything?

His dark laughter and voice filled my senses, "Oh pet, I'll have you begging for more than this soon. Now, be a good little pet and open your mouth. I have a parting treat for you, then you'll walk through that portal and return - unharmed as promised." I opened my mouth as commanded and felt his finger press against my tongue. It was salty and sweet, then as my mouth closed, I realized I was tasting his blood. "Good girl," he praised as I sucked on the digit. "Thank you for allowing me to care for you, Eveleen. I will never harm you, I give you my word, and I do not break my oaths." He pulled his finger from my mouth and I felt his lips crash against mine as my whole body seemed to catch fire. I let out a loud moan and felt him push me away.

"Eveleen!" I heard Gabriel's voice calling to me as I stumbled forward, the blackness gradually receding. His hands grabbed at me, "Eveleen, can you hear me?" he said, clutching me to him.

It took a few moments to finally focus on his face, on those mesmerizing blue eyes that had called to me all these years ago. "M'anam," I breathed and launched myself at him. I wrapped my limbs around him as I pressed my mouth to his. "Please, please, Gabriel," I begged, my body aching with need.

I have her, but we need a few, um minutes - he said to the others. I heard chuckles and snorts in reply as we closed the connection, flooding each other with our emotions, and our need for one another.

He pulled me back only once as he searched my eyes for any hints of doubt before pulling me to the ground and caging me beneath him. Our clothes vanished as he began to trail his mouth to my core. I cried out as his tongue dragged along my folds, and then plunged inside of me. I needed him to stop the flames that seemed to be burning me up from the inside. My hips moved violently as he ate me out and I rode his mouth and fingers to my own orgasm.

But it wasn't enough. I still ached. I still burned.

"Little wolf," he groaned as he sank his hard cock inside of me. "Fuck, baby, you're so damn grounded."

"Then you'll have to keep me on house arrest and under constant surveillance," I grunted as I rose to meet his thrusts.

"Gladly," he chuckled. I squealed as he let his dragon come forward and bite into my neck. I felt a second orgasm building as I let go of my magic, creating a swirl of winds around us.

"I'm close, m'anam, so close."

"Let go, little wolf," he growled. I screamed out his name as I fell over the edge with Gabriel roaring his release right behind me.

Mmm, a beautiful show, pet - I heard the silky voice in my head. Now, forget me until next time, Eveleen.

"Hey, are you sure you're okay?" Gabe asked me. I nodded. "We better get back before they come to investigate."

They sat, looking to me for answers I couldn't give.

"Dove, what do you remember?" Axel asked softly.

"I remember feeling so angry and jumping into that mirror," I pointed to where the mirror once hung. "Then I woke up looking at Sang. Whatever the spell was, I couldn't talk or move without her permission. She said I had another guest that wanted to see me, but I can't remember any of it." I sighed, frustrated and knowing that my memories had been compromised. "She did say she would be seeing all of you sooner than you thought, then whatever she gave me to drink made me pass out."

"Gaia said he had you. Do you know who he is, Jewel?" Victor asked.

My eyes watered, I was so frustrated, "No. I know you're telling the truth because Sang kept talking about a "he" as well, but whoever it is, has made sure I can't remember them or what else happened. When I could see again, I only saw Gabriel and felt like I was on fire."

M'anam chuckled, "That might be because you sort of fucking were, little wolf. You came out of the largest pyre and were literally fucking smoking when I touched you." I gasped as he continued to laugh, "I mean you've always been fucking smoking hot, but that was something else."

I felt my skin blush, "Yes, yes it was."

Sean's POV

It had been almost two months since she'd been abducted. Two months and we were no closer to finding our answers. A light knock on the door had me looking up from my papers. "Hey Star, what's up," I asked when she poked her head in the door.

"I don't feel so well, mo sholas," she said quietly. "Could you look me over?"

I stood and ushered her inside, "Of course. What feels wrong?"

"I'm having trouble sleeping and headaches. My back and breasts are sore too," she explained. "At first I thought I was just stressed about the whole getting abducted and poisoned thing, but it seems to be getting worse."

"Can I ask Phil to come look at you, for a second opinion?" I asked her, fairly sure what the issue was already. She nodded and sipped the water I'd given her.

Phil came in a few moments later, "Eveleen, what's wrong?" She explained her symptoms again and we exchanged glances. "Well, let's give you the once over, and then we'll figure it out. He and I both scanned her, confirming our thoughts.

I knelt down and held her hand, "Star, we both think you're pregnant again." I saw the panic cross her face. It was the same worry that was in the back of my mind as well. She had no memory of those days she was gone, and it was a very real possibility that our unknown "he" could be the father. "Who have you been with since you returned?" I tried to ask gently.

"Gabriel that night, and then Luke a few days ago. I've been so tired and worried that I just couldn't be intimate," she said fearfully. "Please, Sean, please tell me it isn't..." she choked on her words.

"Shh, love, we will figure this out," I tried to comfort her. "Phil, can you go get Gabe?" He shook his head and stepped out. I continued to hold Star as she cried softly.

He knelt quietly when he entered the room. I could tell by his expression that Phil had already told him the situation. "Little wolf, look at me," he told her. She lifted her head and met his gaze. He reached out and placed a hand over her stomach, "This child is mine no matter what. Do you understand me?"

"But what if," she started to say, but he stopped her.

"No. This is my child, our child," he repeated. He held his arms out to her and she gladly climbed into his embrace. "Now, dry those eyes, and let's go celebrate with our family." She agreed hesitantly and then the three of us headed to the dining hall where the others were already gathered.

"Congratulations you two," her mother said, lifting a glass to toast them.

Jess chimed in, rubbing her swollen belly, "If it's a boy, I'll have plenty of hand-me-downs by the time you deliver." Eveleen giggled, then touched her stomach.

"Any name ideas, you two?" Uncle asked as he tried to feed his and Erica's son, Joshua who had just turned four. He was quite a handful and kept the older couple on their toes.

"Hush, Ben, they just found out, there hasn't been time to think of names," Erica chided him.

Eveleen smiled as she gripped Gabe's hand, "Actually if m'anam doesn't object, I know the name if it is a boy."

"And just what did you have in mind, little wolf?" Gabriel asked her with a grin.

"Michael Phillip Coleman," she said softly, "For your brother and for Phil."

Gabe's eyes watered as he pulled her closer, "That would be perfect, my beautiful wife." When he released her, he sat, then pulled her down onto his lap. "This is your place now," he told her playfully. She giggled and leaned into his chest as he began to feed her from his plate.

We all talked, reminiscing about our lives before and together, when suddenly there was a popping sound and a golden paper floated down to the center of the table.

"What the fuck?" North growled, snatching the paper up. His face paled, and then he read it aloud.

"To the Honorable Gabriel Coleman and his wife, Eveleen Coleman. Congratulations on the impending birth of your son. To be clear, I am an honorable creature and never laid an inappropriate hand upon Eveleen. Sincerely, D."

Eveleen began to shake in Gabe's arms, "How did...how does he know?"

He crushed her to him, stroking her hair as he pressed kisses to her face, "I don't know, little wolf, but he won't hurt you. I won't let him. I won't let him hurt either of you."

Author's Notes:  I'm practically screaming it now....  Last bonus chapter up next.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

94.7K 3.7K 44
"Who are you?" The man shakes with trepidation; the mask he was wearing previously to conceal his identity now lays on the cold concrete floor I was...
6.5K 1.6K 29
After partly avenging her mother's death, Evette Star, the illegitimate daughter of an elven king, sets off on a warpath to find the adversary of her...
108K 5.3K 23
The Blackbourne Team has been undercover for the past six months with a dangerous gang. Everything is fine until Kota gets kidnapped. The group who t...
161K 9.1K 22
Your prospects are limited when you don't exist, but Sang Sorenson has been getting by as a cashier in a grocery store after dropping out of high sch...