𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲 (ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ɢᴜᴀʀᴅ x...

By Bubble_Bleep

Y/n a young teen witch explores their new life as part of the Emperor's Coven, and along the way discovers th... More

𝙐𝙣𝙚𝙭𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙐𝙣𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙪𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙚
𝘿𝙤𝙧𝙠
𝙁𝙤𝙧𝙜𝙚𝙩-𝙈𝙚-𝙉𝙤𝙩𝙨
𝙀𝙣𝙚𝙢𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙁𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨?
𝙈𝙪𝙨𝙞𝙘 𝙇𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙨
𝙉𝙤𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚
𝘼𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧'𝙨 𝙉𝙤𝙩𝙚
𝙐𝙣𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬𝙣
𝘼𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧'𝙨 𝙉𝙤𝙩𝙚
𝘼𝙜𝙤𝙣𝙮 𝙤𝙛 𝙖 𝙒𝙞𝙩𝙘𝙝
𝘼𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧'𝙨 𝙉𝙤𝙩𝙚
𝙎𝙚𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙏𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙨
𝘼𝙩𝙩𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙤𝙛 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙇𝙞𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙉𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙢𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙨
𝙃𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙋𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙢𝙚𝙣
𝙈𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙨
𝙀𝙘𝙡𝙞𝙥𝙨𝙚 𝙇𝙖𝙠𝙚
𝙎𝙩𝙚𝙫𝙚'𝙨 𝘿𝙞𝙖𝙜𝙣𝙤𝙨𝙞𝙨
𝘽𝙁𝘼
𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙀𝙭𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙨
𝙒𝙞𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙒𝙖𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜
𝙒𝙖𝙧𝙢𝙩𝙝
𝘿𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢, 𝙖 𝙇𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝘿𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢 𝙤𝙛 𝙈𝙚
𝘼𝙣𝙮 𝙎𝙥𝙤𝙧𝙩 𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙎𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙢 (𝟏)
𝘼𝙧𝙩𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝘾𝙧𝙖𝙛𝙩𝙨 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝘾𝙤𝙤𝙡 (𝙀𝙭𝙩𝙧𝙖)
𝘼𝙣𝙮 𝙎𝙥𝙤𝙧𝙩 𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙎𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙢 (𝟐)
𝙇𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙉𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙏𝙚𝙭𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜
𝙀𝙮𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙀𝙮𝙚
𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙀𝙮𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘽𝙚𝙝𝙤𝙡𝙙𝙚𝙧
𝘼𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧'𝙨 𝙉𝙤𝙩𝙚
𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙙 (𝟏) -𝟐𝟎𝟎 𝙑𝙤𝙩𝙚 𝙎𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙡!-
𝘼 𝙊𝙬𝙡 𝙃𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝘾𝙝𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙢𝙖𝙨 -𝙃𝙤𝙡𝙞𝙙𝙖𝙮 𝙎𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙡!-
𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙍𝙚𝙛𝙡𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙤𝙛 𝘿𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙝

𝙏𝙤 𝙎𝙚𝙚 𝙤𝙧 𝙉𝙤𝙩 𝙏𝙤 𝙎𝙚𝙚

454 17 48
By Bubble_Bleep

You walked along a dark tunnel. You clutched your uniform, your palms became sweaty. You looked around confused and rather annoyed.

'The dark. Why does it always have to be the dark?' You thought bitterly.

You followed a soft blue light that seemed to be at the end. You looked back and saw nothing. A endless pitch black void seemed to follow you after every step. You quickly picked up your pase, the sound from your heeled boots eoched up the walls.

Your breath hitched when you looked back, the void seemed to get closer and closer. Your eyes widened and you ran as fast as you could. You saw a door open up emanating a bright blue light around it. You ran through it hoping for the best. The door loudly shut behind you as you crashed to the floor. You looked back one last time letting go a breath of relief.

You looked around you. The marbel floor reflectected a soft blue light. The walls were plain but in the room was decorated with lavish items. Everything seemed almost colorless knly in hues of grey and blue.

You got up and heard soft music play from a old looking record. You walked over to it curious to who played it.

"Hide everything. Go underground, I don't care. Leave the isles if you have to. That son of a bitch won't give up."

You whipped your head around the the owner of the vocie. You stepped back in shock. A witch with h/c hair, light eyes that because of the setting no longer looked hazel and beauty marks sprinkled over her face came into view.

"Circe Everknown," You breathed out.

Your hearted failed to keep a steady paste as she moved in front of you packing items into a bag with haste under a blue light. Her eyes held a serious gazed. You almost felt scared.

You reached out your hand, "Miss. Everkn-"

"Cece please. Your overthinking this." A witch faded into the scene walking under the blue light.

He had dark hair, bright blue eyes, three of them to be specfic and a dimple on his chin when he spoke.

You cautiously stepped closer and waved your hand in front of them. Nothing, no reaction what so ever.

This was a memory. But who's?

The Everknown glared at the witch causing him to slightly become nervous.

"That man is dangerous. He's more of a demon than any in this world. And not the good kind either. He's planning something, im sure of it. Hell, I wouldn't doubt it if if stabbed out our eyes and beat us to death." She said in a matter-of-factly.

The boy rolled his eyes and softly put a hand on her face and held her gaze, "Nothing is going to happen. I promise."

His bright blue eyes sparkled. You took a closer looked and could've sworn you've seen them before somewhere. You stepped back and slightly flushed.

Circe let out a huff before leaning into his touch and letting go of her bag, "I hope your right. For all our sakes."

You frowned, "But what happened to you all?"

You took one more step back and screamed as your fell into a dark abis.

Your eyes fluttered open, the smell of fresh fallen rain lay on everything. You felt a strong warmth suddenly you remembered everything that happened the day before. You swallowed hard trying to forget certain moments but failing. Your ears perked up to the sound of Hunter whistling through his tooth gap. You quietly laughed but soon frowned knowing disappointment would soon come. You had to go back. There's no other option...right?

Raine abandoned you. Eda and Luz wouldn't trust a member of the Emperor's Coven. You know no one else who could help. You couldn't leave without Hunter. There's nothing else to do.

But what would Belos do? He took you both in and how do you repay him? By failing? The Emperor is not a merciful man, you knew that, everyone did. You slightly turned your head and saw Hunter peacefully sleeping. Hugs were his greatest weakness. Your eyes lingered on his right ear. A tight knot grew deep inside yourself. It felt as if it was suffocating you. That wasn't the only thing on your mind.

That dream. What did it mean?

...

You lightly shook Hunter. Cosmo and Flapjack both woke from the sudden movement.

"Hey Goldie," You spoke softly, "It's morning."

He got up still dazed from sleep. He yawned a mumbled 'good morning.'

Your smile faltered for a second, you guessed he's ignoring yesterday.

"Usually you wake up earlier than me," You smiled.

"Yeah, first time for everything." He responded in a monotone voice.

He avoided your gaze. You frowned, barely 5 minutes into the day and he was the world on his shoulders. He went to grab your bags and put everything into its place for traveling.

"We should start heading back to Castle."

...

The trip home was quiet no one said much. To be fair there wasn't much to say. Once you got off your palismans Hunter suggested that they waited for you both in your rooms for safety measures.

As you walked down the halls of the castle the same silence filled the space.

Hunter put on his mask, not closing it completely, you could still see his scar and lips, "When we go inside don't say a word. Let me handle this. Please." He said before covering his face completely.

Normally you would protest but the concern his voice let you know he knew something you didn't. Hesitantly you agreed. The Golden Guard opened the door to the Throne Room where Belos waited inside. You walked in shortly after Hunter.

Belos sat tall on his throne his shadow towering and covering your own. You and Hunter kneeled unanimously. Belos gave you a welcoming smile. You averted your gaze to the floor.

"I see you returned. I'm glad to see you come home safe and victrously."

"Uncle," Hunter started cauitously, "there was an inconvenience that stopped us from completing our mission. We had the eye in custody, but it was lost in battle."

The warm smile twitch and quickly turned into a snarl. Belos stood up, his eyes piercing through your soul like a thieves.

"You...what...? I expected so much more from you Hunter. I cannot let this go unpunished, I warned you of what would happen if you failed me again. Is this the thanks I get for taking you in? For making you all that you are?"

Belos arm shifted into a sort of green goo that shaped a spike. He raised it up slightly then shot it straight for Hunter who didn't even bother to look up, just shut his eyes bracing for impact.

A small force field block Belos from his target. His eyebrows furrowed as he realized where the source of the magic had come from. He turned his head towards you dangerously. A red circle stood in front of your finger, newly drawn. You got up then slightly stepped back at the sight of he's eyes glowing a deadly blue. Hunter who could only watch became more anxious with every passing moment. You clutched your fists, then stepping forward nervously yet with enough confidence it was stupid.

"It wasn't his fault, it's mine. I was in charge, the blame falls onto me. We ran into this demon tube bird thing and if it weren't for your nephew I wouldn't be here." You say slightly lying through your teeth.

"Oh, is that so?"

Your breath hitched and your eyes widened as a tremendous force pushed you by your chest to your neck into a wall. Hunters heart stopped. His hands reached for his staff then stopped before he fully processed what had happened and realized Flap wasn't around. He raced to Belos's side pleading him to let you go.

"Emperor Belos please. The Day of Unituy, you need them. Remember? Please, Uncle I-I haven't forgotten my mission I promise." Hunter scrambled over his words yet trying to sound as confident as he possibly could in a desperate attempt.

You clawed at the green goop desperately. You gasped for air as tears brimmed the corners your eyes and your vision became foggy. You heard Hunter's voice but it slowly became blurred out.

Your vision started to go dark and your hands started to lose their strength. You let out a gasp as you fell to the ground. You coughed violently but started to regain your consciences and vision.

You felt a shaky arm lift you up and guide you out of the room. You lifted your head up to see Hunter's expression filled with conflict emotions. He seemed fixated on something, deep in thought. Once outside he set you down carefully against a wall. He crouched down his eyes looking all over you for any other injuries. He look to the side and got up, "I'll be back soon, don't move."

You rested your head against the wall and breathe heavily as your body ached all over from the sudden impact and your thoughts were scattered.

...

The Golden Guard stepped back inside the Throne Room. Belos never left his spot not once. His newphew kneeled in front of him not saying a word.

"I know you can do better Hunter. I know you, your strengths...and your weaknesses. You will do well to keep your weaknesses in line. Or I will remind you what failure looks like everytime you look at them. I am not afraid to teach you a lesson Hunter, even if it they are key to my success...Am I clear?"

The thought of you beaten up and bruised flickered in his mind over and over each time the thought getting too much too bare.

Hunter eyes dulled and for the first time he became angry with his uncle. More than angry at himself, he took a short breath and quickly composed himself.

"Cystal."

Belos eyes lingered on the boy for some time, "And Hunter, one more thing. Don't forget the true meaning of your mission. This is the last time I give you a friendly reminder."

Hunter nodded his head then got up, "Of course Emperor Belos."

The door then shut behind the young witch. You two were getting close, too close. A sickening smile stretched across his face as appeared in his mind. He could use this to his advantage...

...

Hunter stepped out of the Throne Room he took of his bracelet and put it his pocket. Once he looked up and saw you against the wall not moving, he immediately became worried.

"I'm not dead, I'm just resting my eyes." You said as if you could read his mind.

He let out a sigh and picked you up carefully. You put a arm around his neck and him putting one around your waist.

"You need to go the Healing Coven, you're in bad shape."

You shook your head, "I'm fine really, I just need to lie down a bit. My head is still spinning."

Hunter began walking you to your room, "You're crazy. I told you I would handle it, why do you always go looking for trouble?" His voice turn serious, "Do you have any idea how bad that could've ended?"

You rolled your eyes, "I'm fine Hunter, really. I just need to really brush my teeth and if you can bring me coffee that'd be great. I also recommend you brush yours too, because buddy no offense you have horrible morning breath."

You came to a halt and look towards Hunter who had been starring at you his eyebrows furrowed and his expression conflicted.

"This isn't a joke. You've could've-you could've gotten..." His voice trailed off, you could hear the pain in his voice. Your eyes soften. The reality was you were terrified of what happened, you were terrified of what could have happened to your best friend. You could see he was too. But you were better at hiding it, you always have been.

You noticed your hand began to shake as the adrenaline began to die down, you clutched your hand your hands digging into your palm in hopes it would stop shaking. You moved your hand into your pocket.

You met his eyes that never left you. You could see he was still breathing pretty heavily and he was just a worried and scared as before. He seemed like a little kid who had a bad dream. "Hunter, I'm sorry. I just, I couldn't let him hurt you. I couldn't stand there and do nothing."

His eyes teared away from you, he didn't say anything at first just started walking, helping you to your room. "Trust me, I'm not worth it."

He began leading you to the stair case his hands gripping you tightly so you wouldn't fall.

The halls of the castle seemed more empty with only you two in it. But at the same time it felt full. You made your way down the steps and the words that came from his mouth bewildered you.

You clicked your tongue, "The fuck do you mean? If I thought you weren't worth it I wouldn't be here with you right now. I wouldn't be willing to still my neck out for you. But I am, because you better believe you're worth it." Your expression softened now a small genuine smile rested upon your face, "I know you are."

Hunter's eyes slightly widened his mouth shape a small 'o' in response. Not too long after he let out a deep sigh and opened the door and in a tired voice said, "You make this so much harder than it needs to be. Just don't risk yourself for me, you always do that even for people you don't know." He look down for a second, then look up back at you, "Why do you do that?"

You were slightly taken off guard by his question, not really knowing how to respond, "I-I'm not sure. I guess I want to see the best in people even if it's not always there."

'Liar. You just don't want to be left behind...'

He gave a small nod in acknowledgment, you moved your arm away from Hunter and he removed his grip from around your waist. You went to go lay on your bed and landed with groan as your body ache all over from both today's events and from the day before. You closed your eyes preventing you from becoming an emotional mess in front of your friend as you felt your hidden hand tremble knowing your body would follow soon after.

Hunter gave a small frown before he went to your wardrobe and grab some clean clothes for you. He placed them next to you then began to walk out, he grabbed the doorknob and looked at you one last time. "...Thank you. Even though what you did was stupid, thank you. But please don't do that again."

You felt your tears trying to escape you. You sat up and gave a small smile in response to Hunter. You quickly opened your eyes and blinked away the tears before giving a vocal response, "Of course, anytime Goldilocks."

His ears went down and his expression deflated, "But seriously don't even think about pull a stunt like that again."

"Aye aye, whatever." You said your smile never leaving.

Hunter closed the door behind him and as soon as he did you felt the tears began you rain down and your smile fell. You took out your shaken hand and gripped it with your other in hopes of stopping it. Your adrenaline began to plummet completely and your body was paying for it. Your chest began to feel heavy as your breathing quickened and your sobbing prevented you from breathing properly. You began to hyperventilate as the world around you began to seem as it was moving. Cosmo who had just arrived at your window was shocked to see you in that state. He quickly flew over and snuggled his bill against you lovingly. He knew well you weren't the well put together, easygoing, prodigy you presented yourself as, in reality you were a mess. No one could see it, Cosmo was the only one. Titan knows you rather bury yourself than bother Hunter. You felt a small warmth by your thigh, you make out a small purple creature, your vision was bury due to the tears.

You tried to wipe away the tears which somehow only made you cry harder and become more frustrated with yourself, "Titan damn it! Why can't I just calm down? It wasn't that big of a deal. Holy shit, what's wrong with me?" You grabbed a pillow from behind you and threw it at a wall in frustration "Argh!"

You gritted your teeth then gave up. Surrendering to your body you lay down and curled yourself into a small ball. Cosmo purred sadly the he crawled on top of you hoping that he could be enough to calm you down.

"I fucked it up Cosmo, Hunter, h-he could've gotten, if Belos..." you turned yourself over your tears began to be more controllable. Cosmo getting knocked over didn't mind at the moment, he was very visibly upset and worried about you.

You took a small breath a tried to clam down you wiped away remaining tears then pulled your hands up to your hair. Slightly pulling and your hands through it, "This day could have gone so much worse. The worst part is I don't regret a single thing. But if getting thrown to a wall is the consequence I get for keeping him safe, so be it...I'm expendable."

Cosmo looked to you saddened by your words, "Don't be stupid, you're not expendable."

"But I am Cosmo, but I am. I have to be the most useless guard in the coven and the most helpless and useless friend. What could I possibly have to offer? Especially for the Day of Unity." Your mind wondered to Belos, "I'm starting to think he's full of it."

Cosmo shook his head disapprovingly but you were definitely right about on thing. Belos is full of shit.

...

Hunter slammed the door to his room he pulled at his hair frustrated and angry. Flap who was peacefully on top of Hunter's bed sound asleep flapped up anxiously and chirp at him surprise at the sudden noise. Hunter not paying attention hit his foot against the corner of the nearby counter.

Hunter let out frustrated and pain filled grunt and slumped down to the floor against his bed. He put his gloved hands in his face, "How could I be so stupid?"

Flapjack flew onto top of the boy's knee and chirped at him.

Hunter moved his hands around his legs tucking them in and, he looked at his companion tear-eyed, "I really fucked up Flap. I should've stuck with the mission" his voice cracked slightly, "I got closer than I intended. Now, I-I don't know what to do. They're going to hate me."

The red canary looked at the blonde boy confused but without a doubt concerned. Not really knowing what to say he just pressed himself against the boy, the best he could do is be there.

Hello my lovely readers! I'm back~ I do love me a bit of angst. Happy holidays and new years to those who celebrate and to those who don't, hope your days have been wonderful! :D

Thank you all for the patience and support. It truly means a lot. I do have a holiday special that I've been cooking up, it's a little late. But! Better late than never.

Now don't forget to eat, drink and get some sleep!

<3

-Your Author,

Bleep

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.7K 426 11
(COMPLETED AS OF 10/02/22) One of the youngest in the Emperors Coven, y/n strives to do good for her cause and prove herself to the Emperor. Can she...
41.1K 1.3K 17
(Y/n) (L/n) and her childhood friend Luz Noceda, have found themselves lost from home in the Demon Realm. While battling through demons and curses...
25.8K 792 20
Life on the Boiling Isles is tough by default. Between the acid rain, demons and monsters running around, and magic, it's hectic. For anybody. But, e...
38.5K 955 22
Y/n grew up in the boiling isles. She was the youngest and strongest graduate in her class who joined the emperor's coven. Shortly after, she starts...