The Vocalist Returns (Danganr...

By InfernoGallade

*NOT A READER INSERT* Aria Adabat is the Ultimate Vocalist, she has Survived the Killing School Life with 6 o... More

Prologue - 1: Scrambled Code
Prologue - 2: Heart Throbbing School Trip
Prologue - 3: Class 77-B
Prologue - 4: He's Back!
Chapter 1-1: Perfect Leader
Chapter 1-2: Two!?
Chapter 1-3: Cooldown Mornings
Chapter 1-4B: Party Till I Drop
Investigation 1-1B: Vocalist's Fall
Investigation 1-2B: Can You Feel The Moonlight?
Trial 1-1B: Demise
Trial 1-3B: It's A Me!
Chapter 1-4A: Party Till He Drops
Investigation 1-1A: Game Start!
Investigation 1-2A: Moonlit Beach
Trial 1-1A: Fatal
Trial 1-2A: Peace And Chaos
Trial 1-3A: Encroaching Despair
Interlude 1: Your Fault...
Profile - Aria Adabat
Chapter 2-1: Tropical Freeze
Chapter 2-2: I Am All Of Me
Profile - Silhouette Shamar
Chapter 2-3: Play The Game... Nathan
Chapter 2-4: Palmtree Panic
Chapter 2-5: Tools Of Destruction
Investigation 2-1: Snowgrave
Investigation 2-2: Turnabout Twilight
Trial 2-1: The Aurora Snowfields
Trial 2-2: Ice Flow
Trial 2-3: The Temple Of Ice
Interlude 2: Metal Chiaki
Chapter 3-1: Jungle Hijinxs
Chapter 3-2: Summer Jam
Chapter 3-3: THE WORLD REVOLVING
Chapter 3-4: Cold, Heartless Fury
Chapter 3-5: A Despair Filled Farewell
Investigation 3-1: Recovery And Heartbreak

Trial 1-2B: Black Hope, White Despair

44 1 0
By InfernoGallade

Trial of Vocals

Hajime: Nagito, it was you wasn't it?

Nagito: Huh? Me?

Hajime: Judging by everyone's positions before the blackout, the only one near the power cord besides the victim was you.

Nekomaru: Which means... the only one who could've felt there way towards the table using the power cord was... Nagito!

Nagito: Th-That's just a coincidence.

Chiaki: But still, you had a chance right? A chance to hide the knife.

Hajime: Nagito, weren't you cleaning the dining hall all morning? If so you would've had the chance to hide the knife.

Nagito: Th-That's...

Hajime: If you factor in the power cord, and the time it took you to clean the dining hall, you're the only one who could've done it.

Nagito: Seriously it's all just a coincidence!

Byakuya: It's suspicious enough with one coincidence, but multiple times in a row? That just can't be ignored.

Mahiru: Could it be? Did you give yourself cleaning duty on purpose so you could hide the knife under the table!?

Nekomaru: Now that you mention it, Nagito did prepare the drawing to whoever would clean the dining hall.

Mahiru: You rigged the drawing didn't you!? That's how you got to clean the dining hall right!?

Chiaki: I don't know if you're the killer or not but... regardless it proves your suspicious right?

Nagito: Gh.. gh-gh..

Nekomaru: If that's the case then... that strange speech from earlier... that was part of your plan too.

Fuyuhiko: You got us to lower our guard and tried to hide the fact you did it! didn't you, you motherfucker!

Mahiru: Well? Just admit already!

Nagito: Ngh...ngh.

Hajime: Nagito, tell me you object to this. Frankly I don't want to believe it either. We investigated together, you were so kind, I can't believe you're the one that killed Aria.

Nagito: Ngh...ngh..

Hajime: Nagito! Say something!

Nagito: Ngh...ngh!

...

Nagito: Aha... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The Ultimates are working together to combat the Despair of their friend's death, Ah how wonderful, how beautiful it is!

Hajime: Huh?

Nagito: Let's cut to the chase! Your correct! It was my doing all along! I'm the one who hid the knife before the party started. I'm one who tried to use the power cord to find my way through the dark. And of course, I'm the one who caused the blackout! After all, there's no way I'd knowingly whip out a knife in front of everyone right?

Ibuki: I-Is it just me or, does he seem a little nuts right now?

Nagito: But! I never expected Aria to find out about my plan, because of that, we had a little scuffle during the blackout and, well you all saw how that played out right? But with a twist ending like this, I think we can all agree that this ended up being a very interesting mystery. Hahaha! Aria preformed admirably!

Kazuichi: J-Just Stop already! Seriously what the hell happened to you?

Mahiru: Don't tell me... is this your true nature? Were you lying to us this entire time?

Nagito: Me? Lie? That's outrageous! There's no way someone like me would be able to lie to you guys! I understand better than anyone that I'm ultimately worthless. I'm too arrogant to have dreams or cling to hope, I'm to disdainful to actually try at anything. I just made peace with the fact that I'm a lowly, stupid, insignificant human, who can't do anything right.

Ibuki: HOLY CRAP! He's totally the kind of guy whose spent his childhood Killing neighbourhood pets!

Sonia: He seems like the sort of person who's eyes light up whilst watching Friday the 13th.. just like me.

Kazuichi: That's... quite the hobby you've got there but... now's not the time to bring it up.

Byakuya: Nagito, were you also the one who sent those threatening letters to me and Aria?

Nagito: Yep, sure did. There's nobody else on this Island whose handwriting is that painful to look at right?

Hiyoko: But why would you send a threatening letter in the first place?

Nagito: I think deep down, I wanted someone to stop my plans. However I bet that some of you would've felt sorry me.

Akane: Are you making fun of us!?

Chiaki: By threatening Byakuya and Aria Nagito was able to manipulate their actions. In doing so Nagito was able to manipulate everyone to scene where the murder would occur.. am I wrong?

Peko: That reminds me, Nagito was the one who suggested I guard the office.

Hiyoko: Oh I get it! If Peko was guarding the Storage room, Nagito wouldn't be able to use the irons.

Peko: The threatening letter, along with all of your suggestions. It was a trap to manipulate us weren't it?

Nagito: Yep, but your wrong about one thing.

Mikan: Huh? Wh-What?

Nagito: I didn't need to rig the drawing to get picked for cleaning duty.

Mahiru: If that's the case then how did you conveniently get picked for cleaning duty?

Byakuya: He's the Ultimate Lucky Student, if I recall which would mean...

Nagito: That's right, I just trusted my luck, I trusted that I'd be picked for cleaning duty.

Teruteru: You just... relied on your luck?

Nagito: It's not just luck, it's true that my talent sucks, but I'm still the Ultimate Lucky Student. At the time Hajime said I wasn't lucky, but the opposite happened instead. I was lucky and I got picked for cleaning duty just as I wanted.

Hajime: E-Enough! I don't care about that anymore. More importantly why did you kill Aria?

Nagito: Aria was a very hopeful person who survived her previous Killing Game as she told us, for her to get killed after that traumatic event she was in... oh the Despair it brings. It's only fitting that you symbols of hope should use her death as a stepping stone to shine even brighter! That was my only motivation!

Nekomaru: Y-Your not making any sense!

Fuyuhiko: Fine! Let's start the damn vote already! I can't wait to fuckin kill this psycho!

Ibuki: Please! Monokuma!

Mikan: P-PLEASE WAIT!

Fuyuhiko: Huh? The fuck?

Mikan: Um... I don't know how I should put this... Is Nagito really the killer?

Teruteru: What are you saying? He's already confessed hasn't he?

Mikan: Um..I know, it just... there's something a little strange...

Hiyoko: If it's only a little then keep your mouth shut! Your ugly face is stressing me out, makes wanna puke!

Mikan: Ahh! I'm soorrrry!

Sonia: Um.. for now might I suggest what she has to say...

Teruteru: But... we know who the killer is...

Gundham: Simply listening is acceptable... However! I won't allow it to end with mere play! Now then let us lift the curtain for a bloody spectacle!

Non-Stop Debate!

Mikan: I think it's strange that-

Teruteru: The killer is so obviously Nagito!

Mikan: Um...

Peko: He has already confessed.

Mikan: Um you know-

Fuyuhiko: That bastard Nagito is the one who did it! He killed Aria with the knife he hid.

Byakuya: HOLD IT!

Break!

Byakuya: Mikan, are you trying to say that the knife is inconsistent with your autopsy report?

Mikan: Yes! That's it.

Fuyuhiko: The hell are you talking about? It's obvious that the knife was the murder weapon!

Mikan: But, based on Aria's wounds the weapon should be roughly 5mm in diameter..

Ibuki: 5mm in diameter? That like, waaaaay skinnier than a knife.

Fuyuhiko: Hey that better be true, if you screwed up I'll sell your fucking ass to a whorehouse!

Mikan: Ek! Not a whorehouse!

Mahiru: Hey! Why are you threatening her!

Nagito: Is this what you're trying to say Mikan? As long as we can't prove the knife is the murder weapon there's no way we can prove I'm the killer.

Mahiru: Wh-What are you saying? No one else can be the killer it has to be you!

Nagito: Hey, don't blame me, Mikan's the one who said it.

Mikan: I-I'm sorrrrry!

Chiaki: Hey Nagito, are you still hiding something?

Nagito: Hiding?

Chiaki: Like, during the blackout, did something happen between you and Aria that we don't know about?

Nagito: Who knows?

Gundham: After all this, what else do you intend to hide?

Nagito stays quiet.

Hiyoko: Jeez the moment your back's against the wall you get all silent, you piss me off!

Ibuki: What happened during the blackout? Hmmm. Hmmmmmm. Ah! If you cross your eyes like this! It gives you double vision!

Kazuichi: Don't get distracted! Our lives are at stake!

Akane: Huh? Whose lives are at stake?

Kazuichi: Seriously how long is it gonna take you for you to understand the damn rules!

Nagito: Nobody could see in the dark, Aria notwithstanding, No matter how hard you think about it, the truth is beyond your sight.

Hajime: No that's not it.

Nagito: Not it? What's not it?

Hajime: Even if we couldn't see in the dark, I'm pretty sure someone must have heard it, isn't that right Ibuki?

Ibuki: For Realzzzzzz!?

Hajime: Don't you remember? You told me what you heard in the blackout right?

Ibuki: Ibuki knows what she heard!

"Ow!" Nagito yelps in pain.

"Uwah! It's a..blackout!" Mahiru noticed.

"Hey! I can't see anything!" Kazuichi begins to panic.

"I-it's pitch black! My future is pitch black!" Ibuki yells.

"E-Everyone! Calm down, we gotta stay calm in a situation like this." Mahiru says trying to get everyone to calm down.

"Wah! Don't step on my feet!" Hiyoko yelps in pain.

"What the hell! What's going on here!? Wh-Where are..?" Byakuya confusingly said.

"Ugh! H-Huh? What the.." Aria mutters out.

"Turn the damn lights on! I can't eat like this y'know!" Akane says.

"You guys? Where are you? W-Wasn't the blackout just in the kitchen?" Teruteru asks.

"Perhaps the breaker overloaded?" Sonia suggests.

"H-Hold on a sec! I'll go along the wall and do something about it." Kazuichi says.

Nagito: Such perceptive hearing! Impressive! I expected no less from the Ultimate Musician.

Hiyoko: It's a good thing your hearing's good because your face, style, figure and personality totally suck!

Ibuki: Ghaha! You cut me deep with your knife of truth!

Peko: However... after hearing what Nagito said immediately after the blackout occurred and judging by everyone's positions before the blackout.... It seems like Aria fought Nagito or something...

Nagito: Well... that's actually what happened. As a sign of respect for Ibuki's talent, I have a small confession to make. I was actually shoved away from the table by Aria as soon as the blackout started.

Teruteru: She..shoved you away?

Nagito: She must have witnessed me setting up my plan, and then devised a plan of her own to stop me. That must be why she took the night vision goggles from Byakuya, she wanted to stop me and expose my plan. Which was why she pushed me away as soon as the blackout happened. That's right.. I'm so incompetent I couldn't even set my plan into motion. After she shoved me away I was just as confused as you guys, I lost sight of the table and power cord and before I knew it, Aria was under the table dead.

Mahiru: H-Hold on! Are you saying your not the killer!?

Nagito: From the very beginning... the idea to throw a party, hiding the knife, setting up the blackout, it was all going according to plan. But unfortunately my plan failed and it's all thanks to Aria discovering my plan! What happened after that? Even I don't know.

Fuyuhiko: Y-You failed!? Then your not the one who killed Aria!

Hiyoko: Then we're right back to square one!

Nekomaru: How could that be!? We've spent all this time talking back and forth!

Nagito: Meaningless... what other word is brimming with so much despair? But you can't give up! You need to have hope! Do your best and move forward! Rising to the challenge again and again is why you guys are the symbols of hope!

Trial 1B - Suspended!

I have known Aria since my previous school in Shiba Academy, as two members of Black Cherry we rocked out day and night. When I left, she left too. We both pursued solo careers. My one regret? I never got to tell her what I felt for her. So I Ibuki Mioda will work hard to uncover her killer.

Trial 1B - Resume!

Nagito: Well, what now? If the knife isn't the murder weapon, there's no definitive proof that I'm the killer.

Mahiru: Sh-Shut up! We'll be the judge of that!

Teruteru: You say you were shoved away but... you can't actually prove it right?

Gundham: That's right... even if a different weapon was used, it doesn't not mean Nagito is cleared of suspicion!

Mikan: But.. there's another reason I don't think Nagito is the killer.

Teruteru: There's still more?

Mikan: Based on what we've discussed Aria was killed under the table, right?

Sonia: Is there something wrong with that?

Mikan: Well..even if that's true, I think Nagito looks..clean.

Nagito: Nobody's ever complimated on my appearance before! Not even my own mother.

Mikan: Nghh! I'm not talking about your looks...

Hajime: Mikan, are you referring to why Nagito has no blood on him?

Mikan: Y-Yes! That's it! Because under the table there was alot of blood splattered everywhere right? There were even bloodstains on the inside of the tablecloth.

Peko: If he stabbed Aria to death, then it's strange that he did not get splattered with an appropriate amount of blood.

Nagito: I didn't get any blood on me? That is weird.

Akane: You just used something to block the blood didn't ya!?

Nagito: Something that might've been used to block the splatter... what do you think it could've been? Well I guess we saw someone like that didn't we Hajime?

Hajime: You're talking about the blood stained tablecloth we found in the storage room right?

Fuyuhiko: If there's bloodstains on it then that settles it! Nagito used the tablecloth to block the blood splatter!

Gundham: But that was found in the Storage Room right? Are you suggesting he hid it after the murder?

Nekomaru: You mean after the lights came back on? What would he have done if we saw him?

Hajime: It's true that the tablecloth was pretty big, so if you tried to take it with you...

Nagito: Wearing a tablecloth... going under the table, getting a knife in the blackout and stabbing someone... That's not just impossible for someone like me, wouldn't it also have been impossible for you guys too?

Teruteru: Then... what does it mean?

Chiaki:... Maybe the killer didn't stab Aria under the table to begin with.

Gundham: No..there's no mistake that the murder occurred under the table.

Mikan: Even the inside of the tablecloth was bloody, so there's no denying that Aria was killed there.

Chiaki: But that doesn't mean where Aria was stabbed and where the killer did the stabbing was the same place right?

Ibuki: I don't understand at all!

Nagito: Huh? Hajime you look like you're onto something.

Teruteru: Really? But it sounds like a riddle...

Hajime: I feel like I'm on to something, but.. it's still not clear what it is...

Chiaki: Under the table, but not under the table... if it's possible somehow, it's the only answer that makes sense. Moving forward we should put aside all unnecessary preconceptions and just choose the answer... I think.

Hajime then closed his eyes as he starts to think.

Byakuya: Chiaki I think... are you suggesting they stabbed Aria from under the floorboar-

Hajime: I GOT IT! The killer stabbed Aria from under the floorboards!

Byakuya: I was literally about to say that Hajime.

Hajime: O-Oh.. sorry Byakuya.

Mahiru: Under the floorboards?

Byakuya: The carpet didn't reach to where Aria's body lay, so the killer would've been able to stab through the floorboards.

Nagito: If so, that means the killer was able to get under the floorboards... but from where? And how?

Hajime: I don't know that yet... but I have a feeling someone does know... Hey Gundham, you dropped your earring in the dining hall right?

Gundham: Are you referring to the Hell Hound Earring?

Hajime: About that earring-

Gundham: I said, are you referring to the Hell Hound Earring?

Hajime: About that Hell Hound Earring, you dropped it beneath the dining hall right?

Gundham: Kehehe, just a bit longer and I would've reduced everything, including that old building to ashes. However it's just as the old legend said! The Hell Hound Earring has returned to its owner! To me!

Hajime: Is it safe to say that... that earring is the one on your right ear?

Teruteru: Huh? Could it be?

Hajime: Gundham wasn't wearing a earring during the investigation, and if he had it on by the time the Class Trial started, then that means Gundham was able to retrieve his earring from beneath the floorboards during the Investigation.

Peko: So.. Gundham knows how to get under the floorboards.

Gundham: Kheheheh! It's only understandable you fools only view the world through eyes of glass. But I am different! With the power of my Four Dark Devas of Destruction it is of no concern! Truly this is the evil fourth eye! Before the might of the evil fourth eye all visual chaos is rendered asunder!

Hiyoko: What should I do? I'm embarrassed just listening to him..

Nekomaru: Dohhh! Man up and speak more clearly!

Gundham: Fine! I shall tell you all! The answer was in the Storage Room!

Gundham: One of my Four Dark Devas of Destruction, Mirage Golden Hawk Jum-P has seen beyond the chaos. A secret passage of doom leading to the underground lurks beneath a large assortment of random boxes. After securing a lighter from the supermarket, I threw caution to the wind and ventured below the floorboards. And as a result of that lonesome battle, I was able to recover the Hell Hound Earring with my own two hands! Fuhahahaha! Tremble with fear fools! Behold my power!

Hiyoko: There he goes again blabbering about power and crap, your ridiculous! You're just a breeder you know?!

Peko: Anyway, it sounds like you can go under the floorboards from the Storage Room.

Chiaki: Then that has to be how the killer did it! If the space beneath the floor is empty, it's not that far to move from the Storage Room to the Dining Hall.

Nekomaru: I see.. if they passed through the storage room, I understand why the tablecloth was put there.

Ibuki: The killer lurked under the floorboards during the party and from there "stab, stab, stab!"

Teruteru: Hm? Are you sure?

Ibuki: You don't like stab, stab, stab? Should it sound more fleshy like "splat, shank, stab"

Teruteru: No.. I'm not talking about your sound effects. Your saying they snuck under the floorboards right? But that means they would have to leave the party. So was there anyone who was able to do that?

Hiyoko: Then whoever wasn't at the party is the killer! They were lurking under the floor from the start.

Akane: Who wasn't at the party again?

Chiaki: I didn't participate but.. I was guarding the entrance remember? Usami over there can be my witness.

Usami: Yes, this Usami here is your witness.

Peko: I believe there's no need to discuss this matter further but... I was unable to leave the bathroom.

Teruteru: I was in the kitchen for a long time but I frequently went to the dining hall to deliver my dishes.

Mahiru: Um... the only person who wasn't at the party... judging by the photos I taken before the blackout... it obviously has to be him!

Mahiru then pointed towards Fuyuhiko, who was looking a bit nervous and irritated.

Hiyoko: Yay! It's decided!

Fuyuhiko: Wh-What the fuck are you all saying!? I'm not the killer!

Mahiru: Oh really? What happened to the tough guy who was saying stuff like "I can do it"?

Mahiru said that in a blatant mocking tone.

Fuyuhiko: Don't mess with me! I'll fucking kill you!

Mahiru: See! Your making threats again!

Monokuma: Yep, Yep that's right! Things are starting to get exciting!

Non-Stop Debate

Hiyoko: During the party the killer, was lurking like a cockroach under the floor.

Teruteru: Then they could've stared at panties all day, without going to the Storage room in the dark.

Ibuki: Is that true Fuyuhiko?

Fuyuhiko: Don't act like I'm the fucking killer!

Mahiru: But when the party started, nobody saw you, you know? That means you have no alibi!

Peko: I'VE SEEN THROUGH IT!

Break!

Peko: Fuyuhiko actually has an alibi, doesn't he Chiaki?

Chiaki: Oh yeah... when I was guarding the old building, Fuyuhiko walked by a couple of times. It was after the party started, there's no way he could've been under the floor then.

Fuyuhiko: You should've said that earlier dumbass.

Mahiru: It's still your fault though, why were you even around the old building in the first place?

Fuyuhiko: Sh-Shut up!

Teruteru: Maybe there really is a secret passage outside and he came to spy.

Fuyuhiko: What'd you say motherfucker!

Teruteru: Oh noooooo-ho-ho-haha-hmhm..

Hiyoko: Wow, he got chewed out but he looks super happy.

Gundham: Regardless it's impossible to go under the floorboards from outside, Chiaki and I already confirmed that.

Sonia: Then someone definitely went under the floorboards during the party.

Mikan: During the party... it was probably during the blackout.

Chiaki: Well... if someone really disappeared during the blackout, no one would've noticed.

Teruteru: But walking down that dark hallway to the Storage Room is like trying to make eggs benedict without any eggs.

Kazuichi: You're right, I couldn't see the office and that room was much closer.

Byakuya: It might be possible if we take a closer look at things.

Ibuki: It was super dark you know, there's no way you could've found your way to the Storage Room.

Nagito: It appears, we're getting close to the final stage. The blackened or the spotless? Which is superior, I think it's time we find this out.

Non-Stop Debate

Teruteru: The hallway was really dark during the blackout. Moving to the Storage Room like that, is like trying to make a seafood bowl without fish.

Chiaki: Is it really not possible?

Nekomaru: What if they used a string like the cord?

Hiyoko: Maybe there was another pair of Night Vision Goggles?

Akane: What a pain I'm gonna go with my gut.. what if they used a light?

Hajime: I AGREE WITH THAT!

Break!

Hajime: The killer had a light with them.

Akane: Oh I was right?

Ibuki: But where would they have found a light?

Hajime: There was one nearby. It's on the kitchen's equipment list. It's the portable stove!

Ibuki: P-Portable Stove!?

Hajime: Yes, the portable stove doesn't require electricity to work, and it easy to carry around, because of that, the killer was able to get to the Storage Room using it.

Nagito: I see... I never considered the portable stove, but there's a hole in your arguement.

Teruteru: A hole? What kind of hole? It would be great if you could explain it to me in much more detail... Ah! I wasn't making a perverted joke, it's really not a perverted joke I'm serious..

Mahiru: Repeating yourself just makes it sound more suspicious!

Nagito: Now then Hajime, will you battle me?

NO THAT'S WRONG!

Nagito: Will you be able to break through my arguement?

Rebuttal Showdown! VS Nagito

Nagito: Did you forget what Kazuichi said earlier? He said the hall was too dark to see office. The light from the stove you mentioned, it contradicts his testimony, or are you intentionally doubting his Testimony?

Advance!

Hajime: I don't doubt what Kazuichi said, what are trying to say?

Nagito: The reason Kazuichi couldn't see the office it was because the hallway was dark right? But if there was a light in the dark hallway, wouldn't Kazuichi have seen it?

Hajime: ALLOW ME TO CUT THROUGH THOSE WORDS!

Break!

Hajime: Nagito, did you forget or are you pretending to forget?

Nagito: Huh? What are you talking about?

Hajime: There should've been a wall that blocked light, I'm talking about the fire door in the hallway, if you close it, it would form a perfect wall in the hallway. Plus the hallway rounds a corner behind the fire door, So even if there was a small gap in the fire door, as long as they pass the corner, the light wouldn't peek out.

Nagito: I see, to actually notice the fire door, truly expected of the Ultimate... Oh? You still don't remember your Ultimate Talent do you?

Hajime: Wh-Who cares about that right now?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.9K 1K 10
The Four Dark Devas of Destruction are watching you. This story plays during the events of Danganronpa, Super Danganronpa 2 and a tiny bit of Danganr...
15K 718 19
Everyone wakes up to the killing game being a simulation, note is everything was true SPOILER (they signed up for it,dice is real yet not in jail,shu...
691 40 38
Around 100 years after the Tragedy, 15 Ultimate Students find themselves in a Killing Game in what seems to be a modified Hope's Academy. Follow Miko...
28.6K 1K 28
The 53rd class of Hopes Peak Academy find themselves is quite the situation, when the 77th class blows up part of the building. The world's biggest...