choose | luke hemmings

By abstractstyles

It's you, May. You're what I want forever. [COMPLETE] achievements: #1 in fanfiction More

chapter 1✿
chapter 2✿
chapter 3✿
chapter 4✿
chapter 5✿
chapter 6✿
chapter 7✿
chapter 8✿
chapter 9✿
chapter 10✿
chapter 11✿
chapter 12✿
chapter 13✿
chapter 14✿
chapter 15✿
chapter 16✿
chapter 17✿
chapter 18✿
chapter 19✿
trailer
chapter 20✿
chapter 21✿
chapter 22✿
chapter 23✿
chapter 24✿
chapter 26✿
chapter 27✿
chapter 28✿
chapter 29✿
chapter 30✿
chapter 31✿
chapter 32✿
chapter 33✿
chapter 34✿
chapter 35✿
chapter 36✿
chapter 37✿
chapter 38✿
chapter 39✿
chapter 40✿
chapter 41✿
chapter 42✿
chapter 43✿
chapter 44✿
chapter 45✿
chapter 46✿
chapter 47✿
chapter 48✿
chapter 49✿
chapter 50✿
chapter 51✿
chapter 52✿
chapter 53✿
chapter 54✿
chapter 55✿
chapter 56✿
chapter 57✿
chapter 58✿
chapter 59✿
chapter 60✿
chapter 61✿
chapter 62✿
chapter 63✿
chapter 64✿
chapter 65✿
Chapter 66✿
chapter 67✿
chapter 68✿
chapter 69✿
chapter 70✿
chapter 71✿
chapter 72✿
chapter 73✿
chapter 74✿
chapter 75✿
chapter 76✿
chapter 77✿
chapter 78✿
chapter 79✿
chapter 80✿
chapter 81✿

chapter 25✿

472K 17.1K 3.3K
By abstractstyles

I jump out of bed and scramble to get my clothes from the floor. I put them on sloppily and open the door quickly, making sure neither my mother or brother can see me. Once I make sure they aren't in sight I run straight to my room- well, the guest room- and lay on the bed. Within seconds, my mother's heavy footsteps are getting closer and closer.

"Get up, May!" She yells as she barges into my room. I should have locked the door.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, sitting up.

"You and your brother are coming home right now."

"We're not going anywhere." I say sternly as I stand up.

"Do you forget who you're talking to?" She asks.

"No, I remember perfectly. And i'll remember again perfectly tomorrow, which is more I can say for you." I say, not regretting a single word.

"What is that supposed to mean?" She asks.

"You know what it means."

Just as my mother opens her mouth to probably yell at the top of her lungs, Michael appears in the doorway.

"Just leave, mum. We're not going anywhere." He says.

"You two are my children and I am the parent. You do what I say."

"I'm not doing anything you say." I tell her.

Luke emerges into the doorway too.

"What the hell is going on?" He asks, shaking his wet hair with the towel, clearly fresh out of the shower.

"Stay out of this." My mother says.

"Ma'am with all due respect, this is my house." He says.

Even when my mother is a complete bitch to Luke, he's still respectful. And attractive as hell with wet hair. How did I get so lucky? Stop it May this isn't the time to be thinking about Luke. Or his hair.

"Well with all due respect," my mother mimics, "these are my kids."

"Would you just leave? No one wants you here! I came to Sydney to see Michael, not you." I yell.

"You think you're so much better than us don't you? You and your useless father. You both think you're so much better than Michael and I. Just because of the one mistake I made so many years ago doesn't mean you or your father are any better than I am." She says.

What mistake? How drunk is she?

"What are you on about?" I question.

"You think that just because your father has a great job and you two live in a big house that you both are so much better than Michael and me? Well think again. Your father is a waste of space, and you're not far off either. I don't regret doing what I did anymore. And I'm glad I didn't raise you, because I wouldn't ever want to take credit for raising the whore you've become." She says.

"Get the fuck out! Now!" Luke yells at the loudest i've ever heard him yell before.

"Don't tell me what-"

"I swear to god i'll fucking call the cops on you, you pathetic drunk. Get the fuck out of my house!" Luke screams.

Surprisingly, my mother turns on her heels and walks out of the room.

As soon as the front door slams, Luke comes close to me.

"You're not a whore. Don't listen to anything she just said. You know it's just because she's drunk. And a bitch. She's right about one thing though, you are so much better than her." Luke says with a smile.

He brings his hand to my face and wipes my cheek.

"Don't cry." He says in a soft tone.

I wasn't aware I was crying.

Michael clears his throat from behind us. I almost forget he was in the room, i'm sure Luke forgot too.

"I'll leave you two alone." Luke says to Michael as he walks out of the room.

"You okay?" Michael asks me.

"Yeah, she's a bitch." I say, putting up a front.

"Yeah, she is." He agrees.

"You're not going back to that house with her, ever again." I tell him.

"May, you don't get it. I can't just live in Luke's house forever. Her house is my house too. And besides, she needs help." He says.

"Are you kidding me? You've tried to help her already. The last time you tried to help her she hit you! She doesn't need any more of your help or compassion. She's on her own now, Mikey." I say.

"Yeah well now so am I." He says, sadness laced through his voice.

"No you're not. You're not on your own. I'm right here with you." I say.

"Yeah, right here with me until summer's over. Then what? I go right back to being mums doormat."

I can't keep it from him anymore. I decide now is the right time to tell him i'm moving here.

"I'll be here after summer ends." I tell him.

"What? Until when?" He asks.

"I'm staying, Mikey. For good." I smile.

"What are you talking about?" He asks, stunned.

"I'm moving to Sydney."

"What? When? What about school? What about your friends? You're graduating this year. What about all your stuff? You grew up their, May." He says.

"None of it matters. I'm moving to Sydney and that's final. There's schools here. And I can make new friends. And before summer ends i'm flying back to Melbourne, to tell dad and to get my stuff."

"How do you think dad's gonna take it? What if he thinks you're moving here to live with mom instead of him? He'll think you chose a drunk over him." Michael says worriedly.

"I'll explain everything to him when I go back. But in the end it doesn't matter what he thinks. Yeah of course I want him to be on board but even if he isn't, i'm still moving here." I tell him.

"You're serious about all of this?" He asks.

I nod my head. He rushes over to me and engulfs me in a hug.

"Thank you. Thank you so much." He whispers.

We pull away from the hug with smiles plastered on both of our faces. Finally, we were going to be living together again.

"I was thinking, for the time being we could live with Luke. We could both get jobs and then when we save up enough money, you and I could buy an apartment of our own. No dad, no drunk mum- just us." I say.

"I can't believe this. This is amazing." He says, clearly still in shock about it all.

"What made you decide all of this?" He asks.

"Luke actually kind of talked me into it." I laugh.

"Luke? Really?" He asks.

"Yeah."

"Speaking of, what was that before?" He asks.

"What was what?" I ask, even though I clearly know what he's talking about.

"Before, with his hand on your face. What was all of that?" He asks, growing suspicious.

"Nothing? We're friends, and I just got called a whore by my own mother. He was just trying to make me feel better." I say.

"How close of friends are you?" He asks.

"I don't know, Mikey. Good friends I guess. He's the only person i've really talked to since I've been here, other than you. So we just got close I guess. I thought you'd be happy that i'm getting along with your best friend." I say.

"I am. I'm just being paranoid, I guess." He laughs.

"Paranoid about what?" I ask.

"I don't know, I thought you two might have liked each other or something." He laughs louder this time.

"What?" I ask.

"I know, i'm crazy." He chuckles.

"Yeah, crazy." I laugh nervously.

"Who's crazy?" Luke pokes his head in the doorway.

Great.

"Ha, perfect timing buddy! We were just talking about you." Michael says.

Luke's head shoots directly at me, probably assuming I told him.

"What were you guys talking about?" He inquires.

"How you talked May into moving to Sydney. Thanks man, means a lot." Michael says.

I can visibly see Luke's shoulders relax as he lets out a sigh of relief.

"Oh, that. Yeah, of course bro. I figured it would be best for her to move here, that way I won't have to ever hear you whining about how you miss your little sister." Luke laughs.

It irritates me that he called me Michael's 'little' sister, but I let it go and laugh with them.

I can't believe that after everything that happened tonight with my mother, i'm standing here laughing with my brother and his best friend who's secretly my boyfriend.

"Alright, it's been a long night. I need to get some sleep." I say.

"Yeah, you're right. Night!" Michael says giving me a quick hug.

"Night." Luke says, following Michael out.

"Oh," Luke turns back around to face me, "could I use your charger?" He smirks.

"Yeah, sure." I say as he comes back into my room and Michael goes to Luke's.

Luke turns his head quickly to make sure Michael is no where in sight before turning back to me and pressing his lips to mine. The warmth of his mouth sends a current running through my body. I bring my hands up and run them through his perfect and wet blonde hair, losing myself in him.

"You look really hot with wet hair." I say against his lips, instantly regretting it.

I squeeze my eyes shut in embarrassment.

"Thanks, babe." He smirks.

He brings his lips to mine again and gives me a swift kiss.

"Goodnight, baby." He says against my lips.

"Night." I say.

He turns to walk out of the room before turning back again.

"You sure I can't just stay in here tonight?" He smirks.

"Goodnight, Luke." I roll my eyes playfully.

He laughs before turning to walk to his room.

"Hey wait," I say in a low tone.

He turns to face me as I toss him my charger.

"Gotta make it believable, right?" I smirk.

He laughs as he holds up the charger and goes to his room, winking at me as he shuts the door.

I sigh. How is it possible to be this in love with someone and have no one know about it but you? I couldn't take this secrecy anymore. People need to know, especially Michael.

A/N HEY GUYS!! So i'm done 2/4 of my exams, so I thought i'd do an update. I know it wasn't that great but bare with me. How are you guys liking what's happening? Do you think Michael should find out soon, or should he be in the dark for a bit longer? haha :P

Please vote and comment! Don't forget to follow me and tell your friends about the story! x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.8K 343 5
A collection of my works for Chip/Reader from 68 Kill. Ratings listed for each story.
196K 7K 26
"oh my angel. I didn't even know that it was possible for a human to be that tiny. my tiny baby" how dare she! I'm not that small... and I'm certainl...
36.7K 1.4K 38
Chloe Adams is the queen bee of her high school who has always had it easy from good looks to good grades to friends and even getting any guy's atten...
Royalty By m

Fanfiction

12.8M 274K 77
Have you ever met someone that took your breath away? The very sight of them was beautiful, and you just couldn't stand to be a second away from them...