Rising Rays of the New Centur...

Von KageNishi

In the year 2040, Japan returned to Earth from the other world of Terralus under the guidance of a comet. At... Mehr

Part 1: Tokyo Expo
Tokyo Expo in Chaos
Joint Investigation
Japanese Empire's Chaos
A New Case
The Truth Revealed
The Canine Lord
The End of 21st Century
Vampire Siblings
Fear of Vampire
The Vampiric Menace
Eternal Mermaid
A Shadow Looming Over the Mermaid
Sora: The Far Reaches of Universe
World Expo Closing Ceremony
Part 2: Overseas
The Warlord City, Changsha
Inspection of the Construction Site
Europe of Illusions
The Dark Side of the Japanese Embassy
The Sisters of Tragedy
On Christmas Eve
The Satori and the Catalan Girl
Men Running on the Sea and in the Sky
Japanese Magical Drugs
The Devil's Identity
Epic Aerial Battle: Fairy vs US-2
Part 3: Yokohama Dragon God
Ice Queen
Rumored Japanese History Teacher
Shining Night Kamaitachi
Enchanting Songstress
High School of Magic and Witchcraft
Yokohama Bay Entertainment City
The Girl with Midas' Hand
Golden Power and the Fateful Encounter
The End of the Golden Banquet and a New Threat
A World Where Humanity is the Minority
Cultural Festival Season is Here!
Schoolgirl Abduction
Crisis of the Space Battleship Fusō
The Golden Banquet and the Awakening of Fusō
Terror of the Vampires
Battle of Yokohama
The Blue Dragon's Beautiful Servant
The Comet and the Unwanted Visitor
Part 3.5: The Space Frontier
Settings and Glossary
Characters List
Part 4: The Space Wars
Alien Invasion
Occupation of Mars
Messenger from Earth
Space Drifters Union and the International Federation
The Queen's Descent onto Mars
New Developments
The Expulsion Movement and the Witch of Mars
The Queen's Desire
The Great Escape
Disturbing Trend
Ideals and Reality
Coup
Crisis of the Solar System
Attack on Titan
Queen's Guard
The Demise of Mars

The Queen's Descent to Earth

69 6 0
Von KageNishi

July 12, 2199

Tokyo Spaceport, off the Izu Peninsula, Japanese Empire

At the end of the 22nd century, following the chaotic and war-torn 21st century, which had been underway for nearly a hundred years, Earth could be described in one word: "prosperous." Partial disclosure of Japanese technology had opened the curtain for the Space Frontier Era, and successful commercial resource development in space had placed humanity in the midst of an unprecedented Gold Rush-like frenzy. While disparities between nations still existed, Earth was gradually regaining stability. However, this prosperity was suddenly threatened by the appearance of the Space Drifters Union in 2195 and the subsequent invasion of Mars four years later, marking the first-ever space wars in Earth's history. The space industry was forced to shut down, and Earth plunged into chaos.

In the midst of all this, the International Federation, under the watchful eyes of all of Earth's inhabitants, sought negotiations with extraterrestrial beings who were seeking to migrate to Earth. With the other side shifting towards a conciliatory approach, although not officially announced yet, Earth was moving in the direction of reaching a compromise proposed by the Earth's side. This shift in the media's content on Earth was influenced by the announcement of the Queen's withdrawal from Mars.

Four months after the occupation of Mars, an event that would solidify this atmosphere of goodwill was held: the visit of the Queen of the Space Drifters Union, Riza-Griant Alzawall, to Earth. The location was the Japanese Empire, a country with the most advanced space industry technology and a history of magic.

Within the territorial waters of the Japanese Empire, off the Izu Peninsula, there was a megafloat that extended over four kilometers, serving as the gateway from Japan to space, known as "Tokyo Spaceport." It was a crucial point for Japan's space industry, but now, numerous media outlets crowded around, and security personnel and space military soldiers maintained a vigilant presence.

Before long, a spacecraft descended from the depths of space. It was a planet-to-planet spacecraft named Lai Alma, launched from the space vessel Meenan, carrying an Earth Inspection Group composed of Queen Riza and the dignitaries of the Space Drifters Union. The spacecraft approached Tokyo Spaceport and docked at the pier. Following Lai Alma, ships from the International Federation Space Force also landed on the sea.

"Now, the ship carrying the Queen of the Space Drifters Union has arrived at the spaceport!"

A ramp descended from Lai Alma. Finally, the moment had arrived for the alien queen to set foot on Earth.

"...This is the scent of Earth's sea, different from that of Mazner's."

Queen Riza, who had appeared from the ship, was mesmerized by Earth's sea. A red carpet was laid out before the ramp, and in the middle of it, Japanese Foreign Minister Kohei Ino was waiting to welcome the queen.

"Your Majesty Queen Riza-Griant Alzawall, welcome to Earth and the Japanese Empire... my name is Kohei Ino, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Japanese Empire."

"A warm welcome, and I am deeply grateful. Thank you, Minister Ino."

The two exchanged a friendly handshake on the carpet. The Imperial Japanese Army's special honor guard lined up on both sides of the red carpet, and the queen and her entourage followed Iino as they advanced on the carpet. Men in black suits communicated via radios, security drones hovered around, and vigilance was at its peak.

Accompanied by the Queen's flagship, the space warships that had landed on Earth were gradually docking at other piers. Among them, Japanese officials who had worked hard for this visit to Earth disembarked, setting foot on Earth after a long time.

"...We've finally made it home."

"Yes, but we've made it this far. Now, we just have to await the formal signing of the friendship treaty and immigration agreement."

Among them, there was the figure of a young Foreign Affairs bureaucrat, Niwatsukino, descending from the ramp along with his colleagues. As the Queen's visit to Earth had become a reality, their mission had come to an end, and they had returned to Earth with the Queen's entourage.

Foreign Minister Ino explained the future itinerary to the inspection team that had landed on Earth.

"This is our country's territorial waters. To disembark in the capital, Tokyo, you'll need to cross by ship."

"...A ship?"

"Yes, we'll guide you there. After landing in Tokyo by ship, you will proceed to the Imperial Palace. Our country's monarch, Emperor, awaits your arrival."

"...!"

At the end of the red carpet, several electric carts used for transportation within the spaceport were parked. Inside this megafloat, which covered an area of 16 square kilometers, movement without vehicles was nearly impossible. The cart carrying the Earth Inspection Group, under the glare of numerous flashlights, departed from the landing area. They made their way to the harbor where ships to Tokyo regularly entered and exited, and they were guided to a large passenger ship prepared by the Japanese government.

Sky over the Tokyo Spaceport

A passenger ship, carrying the distinguished guests from the Space Drifters Union, set sail from Tokyo Spaceport. The responsibility for escorting the ship had transitioned from the IFSF to the Imperial Japanese Armed Forces, and Imperial Navy destroyers accompanied the passenger ship on both sides.

"We have safely delivered the subject to Japan. We hand over the escort mission to the Navy and return to Yokota Base!"

"Copy!"

The IFSF Lunar Area Force, 12th Flight Squadron (Japanese division), which had been escorting from Mars, changed its course to Yokota Base in Tokyo for resupply and rest. Shortly after, numerous space fighter jets turned their noses towards Tokyo.

'It's been a year since I've been to Tokyo...!'

Among the pilots, there was the figure of Lieutenant Toshimichi Togo. He was looking forward to reuniting with his family, whom he had left in Tokyo a year ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

July 12, 2199

Mars

District 5, Suiryu

On the same day, after the Queen's departure, Mars was experiencing a decline in the intensity of protests and demonstrations by a group calling themselves anti-foreigner activists. While the Queen's administration had promised a withdrawal from Mars, there had been no official apology, causing lingering dissatisfaction and hostility among the victims of the Mars invasion.

In the midst of this, Sumiichiro and Itsuki had returned to the capital city, Suiryu. Itsuki, being a fugitive for her attempt on the Queen's life, had to hide in a prefabricated cabin constructed at the site of a church, and she was unable to leave. Meanwhile, Sumiichiro, who was her foster father, had been summoned by a man and was visiting District 5, near the heart of Suiryu. District 5 was the premier tourist area in Suiryu, known for its casinos and hotels. Sumiichiro was being led to the penthouse suite of a high-rise hotel, also known as a suite. The hotel staff who guided Sumiichiro pressed the intercom and spoke to the guest inside.

"Atsushi Nagamisawa-sama, we have brought your guest."

Shortly after, the ornate double entrance doors swung open. The first person to welcome them was the secretary of the room's occupant.

"Welcome, Sumiichiro Kashiwa-sama. The chairman is waiting inside."

"...No, the honor is mine to be invited."

The hotel staff who had guided Sumiichiro bowed and left. The pastor entered the suite as directed by the secretary.

Walking down a corridor lined with decorations and carpet, Sumiichiro reached the living room, offering a panoramic view of Suiryu. At the window, an elegant elderly gentleman stood.

"...You've come, Sumiichiro Kashiwa-kun."

"Well, I thought we'd have to meet someday."

Sumiichiro looked at Atsushi Nagamisawa with determination in his eyes. Subsequently, the two of them took seats on the sofa and got down to the main topic.

"...I think you understand why I wanted to meet with you."

"Yes... It's about Itsuki," Sumiichiro said and unconsciously closed his eyelids, recalling memories from sixteen years ago.

. . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . .

. . . . .

. . .

.

Sixteen years ago, in Suiryu, Sumiichiro had moved from Japan to Mars and became the second-generation head of the yakuza organization Kashiwa Family. He was making huge profits through illegal gambling and drug trafficking. In the midst of this, a woman named Iyo, known as the lucky goddess of the Happy Charm tribe, made a name for herself as a lucky gambler. She ventured into the casino run by his organization.

Using the power of the Happy Charm tribe, Iyo and Gen, her partner, were coerced into participating in a particular game by Sumiichiro's men, who unjustly accused them. That game was "Russian Roulette."

'Who's that woman?'

'Oh, she's the talk of the town these days, the lucky lady. The young bloods decided to test her luck, so they're trying it out!'

As Sumiichiro and other top members of the organization rushed to the scene, they watched as Iyo fearlessly agreed to participate in the Russian Roulette. In the first round, she placed her bet and fired a 9 mm Parabellum bullet, piercing the head of one of the young bloods.

'First round... not very lucky, huh?'

The second round began, and a six-shot revolver, with only one live round, was handed to Iyo. She smiled and pulled the trigger five times in a row. The members of the organization, as well as the top brass and other patrons present, were left speechless.

'...Now, it's your turn, isn't it?'

With a smile, Iyo handed the revolver to her opponent. The young blood who received the gun turned pale in an instant. If he pulled the remaining trigger, certain death awaited him. Despite being a yakuza, facing certain death as a guarantee, the tension in the room was palpable. Satisfied with having toyed with the yakuza, Iyo yawned, stood up, and walked towards Sumiichiro. With a bewitching and elegant smile, she offered him a deal.

'You are the boss, aren't you? As you can see... my good luck isn't a coincidence; it's destiny. Won't you join hands with me?'

'.........!'

Afterward, the two made an agreement, and with newfound good fortune, Sumiichiro established his position and reputation in the criminal underworld. However, this prosperity didn't last long, and two years later, the organization was exposed, and Sumiichiro was arrested.

.

. . .

. . . . .

. . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . .

'Looking back... it was love at first sight. I never imagined that Iyo's power came with risks.'

After taking in Iyo, Sumiichiro was indeed at the peak of his power. However, it was precisely because she belonged to the Happy Charm tribe. Over the course of two years, the good fortune ran out, the organization disintegrated, and Iyo herself passed away at a young age.

"I have wronged so many souls in the past, including your daughter, Iyo... Now, I am a man of God, but I regret those unforgivable sins," Sumiichiro confessed his regrets from the past. Nagamisawa listened silently to his monologue.

"Sixteen years ago, I noticed your daughter, Iyo Kougami—I apologize, Iyo Nagamisawa, and I raised a child. As you can probably guess... Itsuki, Itsuki Okubo, is the daughter of Iyo-san and me."

Sumiichiro revealed a past he had never shared with anyone. At that moment, Nagamisawa's right eyebrow slightly raised.

"After the trial following the dissolution of the organization, I managed to complete my sentence with just a short prison term by bribing the jurors. I tried to find Iyo-san and Itsuki, who had been separated from me. However..."

Initially, Sumiichiro and Iyo entered into an agreement as a business transaction, but with Sumiichiro's fascination with her, they formed a de facto marriage. Fifteen years ago, they had a daughter. That daughter was Itsuki. However, the three of them spent less than a year together as a family. The Kashiwa Family, which had attracted the attention of the police, was exposed for financial irregularities, and all its top members, including Sumiichiro, were arrested. With the help of some youngbloods, Iyo and one-year-old Itsuki managed to escape, but three years later, Iyo lost her life.

"Of course, Itsuki didn't remember me or anything. However, she cherished a pendant with Iyo-san's picture on it. I never claimed to be her father, but I decided to raise her as her foster father."

Unable to fulfill his duty as a father and feeling like an outcast as a human, Sumiichiro had no right to call himself a father. Burdened with immense regret, he chose not to reveal himself as a father but instead decided to be a foster parent to her. Subsequently, Sumiichiro, who had chosen a path in service to God, began to live with Itsuki in the church. Itsuki grew into a cheerful girl and now supported his duties as an assistant.

"Itsuki has... really grown into a good girl. She helps me a lot, works part-time for our living expenses... She's truly a good kid."

"........."

Sumiichiro went silent, reflecting on Iyo's future. He felt that she wouldn't find happiness if she stayed with him. He got up from the sofa, knelt on the floor, and bowed his head.

"That's why...! After things cool down, I beg you to take care of that child... She has faced countless hardships due to being the daughter of a yakuza. So I want her to have a happy life ahead as Nagamisawa's daughter! I know it's a selfish request, and I fully understand that."

Tears welled up in Sumiichiro's eyes as he bowed on the floor. Nagamisawa understood his feelings.

"I understand... Does Itsuki know about this?"

"...No, but I suspect she has some idea."

To rescue Itsuki, Sumiichiro used his old yakuza connections and appeared before her. By using Gen's bar as a hiding place, Itsuki gradually learned fragments of her mother's past.

"I see..." Nagamisawa sighed.

On the day of the attack on Mars, when he reluctantly took the injured girl back to his home, he was genuinely shocked when he found her with a locket containing her daughter's photograph. At the same time, he learned that he had a granddaughter.

'Is this fate...'

Nagamisawa made the decision to face his granddaughter. At the same time, he regretted his own past.

Once, Nagamisawa, a young and ambitious man, had married Itsuki's grandmother to gain access to the Happy Charm tribe's power, and he obtained that ability to create a miracle. Afterward, the IR resort company he established saw rapid growth. However, as he acquired wealth and fame, he lost interest in his family. His daughter, Iyo, had left home in rebellion against her father. In the heat of the moment, an infuriated Nagamisawa declared her disowned. Later, he realized his mistake and was tormented by regret, using all means to find Iyo. However, he never succeeded in locating his daughter.

But across the long years, a child, Itsuki, who shared the blood of his daughter, appeared. He couldn't help but feel it was fate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

July 12, 2199

Takeshiba Pier, Minato Ward, Tokyo, Japanese Empire

The cruise ship carrying the Queen arrived in Tokyo. The Earth Inspection Group, who had finally set foot on the mainland, disembarked with high spirits. Simultaneously, the sweltering heat and high humidity assaulted their faces.

"Why is it so hot? Is the air conditioning malfunctioning?"

"...Air conditioning? Well, it's currently the 'summer' season, so it's naturally hot. There should have been explanations beforehand, though...?"

Marlan, one of the inspection group members, openly expressed his displeasure. Foreign Minister Ino tilted his head in an exaggerated manner. It was mid-July, and on that day, the highest temperature during the daytime had exceeded 30 degrees, marking a scorching summer day. The members of the Space Drifters Union, who had lived in environments where temperature and humidity were entirely controlled, were already struggling with this heat.

"Earth is blessed with abundant nature, and we Earthlings have enjoyed its benefits. However, Earth's nature, as if in return, bares its fangs in the form of 'natural disasters.' The history of humankind is a history of battling disasters. You delicate folks, raised in a controlled greenhouse environment like colonies, might not be able to endure living on Earth after all..." Ino made comments with a somewhat provocative undertone.

"...!! Hmph! This level of heat is nothing!"

Marlan furrowed his brow and turned away like a child. The President of the Queen's Court, Lothrie, felt vexed by the behavior of his fellow travelers.

'Still, this heat is quite formidable... So this is what they call summer. I wonder how Her Majesty manages to stay so composed...'

Not as blatant as Marlan, but Lothrie, too, was feeling distressed about experiencing this "sweltering heat" for the first time in his life. Other government officials felt the same way. However, Queen Riza alone was gazing at the Earth's sky with eyes filled with excitement and joy.

At the port, official cars provided by the Japanese government were lined up and ready. The security personnel opened the car doors and escorted the members of the inspection group, who were distinguished guests from the distant reaches of space. This procession, carrying visitors from the far reaches of space, headed towards Chiyoda Ward, their next destination.

Imperial Palace, Chiyoda Ward

Amidst the chase of news helicopters and paparazzi drones, the procession of official cars carrying the distinguished guests arrived at the Imperial Palace. The convoy entered the lush grounds located in the heart of the city. Riza gazed with a blissful expression through the car window at the dappled sunlight and the deep green trees. Before long, the procession reached the Imperial Palace. Upon opening the car doors, Queen Riza and her entourage, along with welcoming chamberlains and palace staff, set foot on the sacred grounds of Japan. The moment they did, they were overwhelmed by a variety of thunderous sounds that seemed to assault their eardrums.

"What's this noisy sound!? Isn't this disrespectful to the guests!?"

Marlan concluded it to be harassment and complained once again. The welcoming chamberlain tilted his head but quickly grasped the message Marlan was trying to convey.

"...Oh, these are the sounds of an 'insect' called a 'cicada.' They are a seasonal tradition during the summer."

"Sounds of living creatures!? Is that so? It's nothing but noise! Why don't they kill these creatures!?"

Marlan's mood soured even more. The palace staff smiled wryly. Within the spaceships of the Space Drifters Union, there were neither living plants nor living animals. They were entirely unfamiliar with the concept of sounds produced by living creatures.

"Well, isn't it intriguing that other living beings produce sounds? If it doesn't please you, perhaps you should consider returning home?"

"!!"

Queen Riza questioned Marlan with a smile. In an instant, Marlan sensed the anger hidden behind that smile and began to perspire.

"...P-please forgive my stupidity," Marlan expressed his apology, after which he remained silent. Observing this, Lothrie and the other members of the entourage heaved sighs of relief.

Subsequently, they were led by the chamberlains to the room where the Emperor awaited.

"The Emperor is waiting inside... He has been greatly looking forward to this day."

The chamberlain opened the door, revealing a space with simple décor yet an air of elegance and formality. In the back, vases and a small table were placed, and two sofas were arranged as if to face each other around them.

".........!?"

In front of one of the sofas, there stood a young boy clad in a high-end custom suit. Behind him was a young girl dressed in formal attire. Seeing Queen Riza tilting her head, the young boy extended his arms and welcomed them with words.

"Welcome to the Japanese Empire!"

In the late 22nd century, this country was ruled by an eleven-year-old monarch and a nineteen-year-old regent. This meeting would become an event that profoundly influenced Riza's emotions.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

114K 4.3K 88
It was another typical day for the average lonely commoner, Shin Kagami. Another day where he juz laze around on his bed doing nothing but, 'Dream, F...
15.1K 430 33
"𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘴 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘪𝘵 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘴? 𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘧�...
13.7K 222 116
Author: Bai Jiu Run a tavern and get more new items through gacha. Decorate your tavern, build farms and pastures, harvest a wide variety of produce...
1.8K 86 10
The Reader, The Protagonist, and The Writer Just some happenings on their daily lives cover credit ▶ @BLACKBOX9158 @1L9l2Aa8UCL0IGJ on twitter