SINCERELY, YOUR DARLA. || ~ j...

By myjiara

"I cant keep pretending, Darl, so what are we?" "What?" _______________________________________________ Dar... More

🖤 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧. (season 1)
🌹 | The boat. (1)
🌹 | The Motel. (2)
🌹 | The kegger. (3)
🌹 | The dive. (4)
🌹 | The compass. (5)
🌹 | Redfield. (6)
🌹 | Dear Bird. (7)
"🌹 | This is your lowest, Pope. Your lowest." (8)
🌹 | Midsummers. (9)
"🌹 | The beds big enough for the both of us, dumbo." (10)
🌹 | Blunts and apologies. (11)
🌹 | The golden well. (12)
🌹 | Nostalgia. (13)
🌹 | falling apart. (14)
🌹 | where it went downhill. (15)
🌹 | wanted. (16)
🌹 | our goodbyes. (17)
🌹 | nothing to lose. (18)
🖤 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧. (season 2)
🌿| his memory. (20)
🌿 | Pouge for life. (21)
🌿 | the break in. (22)
🌿 | wounded. (23)
🌿| reuinted. (24.)
🌿| locked up. (25)
🌿 | the plan (26)
🌿 | former flames. (27)
🌿 | 'The easy way out.' (28)
🌿| "I love you." (29)
🌿| grief and more grief. (30)
🌿| Angel Oak. (31)
🌿| Submerged. (32)
🌿| Freedman's Alter. (33)
🌿| Ricky Our Saviour. (34)
🌿| Blue Ridge. (35)
🌿 | The B team. (36)
🌿| Hell and back. (37)
🖤 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧. (season 3)
🌊| Her 'Kook year.' (39)
🌊| Poguelandia, thats what we called it. (40)
🌊| the "rescue" (41)
🌊| The diary. (42)
🌊| uncomfortable tension. (44)
🌊| It all fell down. (45)
🌊| "Surprise, I guess." (46)
🌊| Impulses. (47)
🌊| His stupid motorbike. (48)
🌊| "I swore you guys were bestfriends?" (49)
🌊| Fuck the truce. (50)
🌊| Topper again, fun. (51)
🌊 | He's just a liar. (52)
🌊| "You are braindead, John B." (53)

🌊| the escape. (43)

112 1 0
By myjiara

NARRATORS POV:

The guard pushes Darla back into the room, she stumbles before he closes the door behind her.

Rafe looks at her. "What happened."

She sits on the bed, ignoring him and only staring at the floor.

"You're gonna have to talk to me at some point." He sighs, getting a bit aggravated with the silent treatment he has been getting.

"Rafe, I don't need to talk to you. And you know exactly why." She peeks a little at him.

He sighs, not wanting to be reminded.

"You killed Peterkin, do you remember that?" Darla shakily says. "I was there. I watched you. And you still framed my best friend. And after all you've put Sarah through."

"I was protecting my father, okay?" He shouts.

She stands up, having had enough of his bullshit. "Stop using that as your poor excuse, Rafe! It's useless, it's useless after you shot and murdered an innocent women."

"She was going to kill my father." Rafe says in defence.

"She was going to arrest him for his wrongdoings." Darla snaps back.

He exhales, turning around and trying to catch his breath as he sits back into a chair.

Darla stares at him as he sort of hyperventilates.

"I'm as much of a victim as she is." He looks at the ground, still breathing in and out quickly.

Her eyes weaken as she sits back onto the bed.

"No? Think about it. Okay. What did I get for shooting Peterkin, huh? Nothing. Okay?" He explains.

Darla rubs her arm as he desperately tries to get her to understand him.

"I had nothing against her, I mean, I... I... I liked her. She was my sister, Darl." He shrugs.

Darla freezes when she hears him call her 'Darl'.

Darl isn't a drastic difference from Darla. It's letter off. But hearing him say it brought back memories. Good memories. But that hurts.

"You think I wanted to make that choice, huh?" He splutters, she sees him getting soft. She'd always used to recognise him getting soft and sensitive.

"What I did was a gift from me to my father for.. for him, and I got screwed because of it, okay?" He points to himself. "So don't get that look when I say I'm a victim, all right? I am!"

Darla looks away from him.

He looks down, he can't help to defend himself all the time. It's in his nature. "I will admit, though, what I.. what I did to Sarah... what I tried to do, um..."

His breath hitches as he holds back tears when he remembers the pit of sadness and hopelessness he was in at that point in his life.

Darla clenches her jaw as she turns back to him when he stutters to finish his sentence.

"What I tried to do to Sarah, I admit that was wrong. I know that. All right?" A tear rolls down his cheek as his eyes squint to try trap the rest. "So.. you don't have to remind me."

Her face keeps the expression it last had, but she'd never normally see him cry. She saw him cry once when she tried to save him from drugs, but this was different. He felt guilt. Sorrow.

He turns around and begins to slap his head.

Darla goes from a bit of pity to just annoyance at his stupidity. Why is he doing all that. "Oh god." She mutters.

"She was family I should've never touched her, you know?" He nods. "I just lose control in moments like that, and I don't know what happened. I'm trying... I'm trying to get better."

Darla nods, raising her eyebrows slightly as she looks down.

He hesitates. "And.. I'm sorry.."

She looks back up at him.

"I'm sorry, I know you're.. holding grudges about me and the day you went to the boat shed with the Phantom and.."

She crosses her arms, trying not to react to hugely, but he's right.

"I am sorry about that, again. I didn't mean it. I.." He sniffles. "I lose control.. and ..I.."

"Rafe, it's fine." She cuts him off. "It's fine."

"It doesn't matter, all I'm saying is that I'm not the bad guy you think I am, all right? But even if I was, even if I was bad Rafe Cameron or something.. you got no choice. You may.. you may not wanna trust me, and that's understandable. But I'm your best bet." He's now in front of her, trying to explain as she looks upward at him.

Darla holds her hands up as he kneels down. his hands raises to not cause any alarm. "Hey. I got a boat that can get us off the island, okay? But first, we gotta get out of here, and it is better if we work together."

Darla sighs.

They hear a vehicle approaching, and stop this topic to see what it is by running to the window.

Looking out of it they find many guards gathering and jumping into a truck.

"They're leaving?" Rafe asks.

"They're going to find John B and your sister." She panics, walking away.

Rafe stays at the window, shrugging. "Sucks for them. That's good for us, though."

Darla cocks and eyebrow at him.

"This may be our only shot at getting out of here." He looks over his shoulder at her.

She crosses her arms, not wanting to keep her friends in danger. But as always, she'll figure it out.

He looks at her.

"What's the plan.." She exhales.

_____________________________

The guard hears screaming from inside of Rafe and Darlas room. It's a female voice, most likely Darla, screaming out for help.

He ignores it at first, until it goes silent.

"Hey, what'ya do!" He calls out before unlocking the door and walking in.

The door creaks as he hovers around, the silence deafening.

There's no one in the bedroom, so his eyes bolt to the bathroom. He is the only one on duty inside the house.. so he's a bit nervous.

He looks in the bathroom door from afar, seeing a black doc martin show hanging out from the bath tubs rim.

His eyes widen. If shes dead, so is he.

The floors creak as he comes closer to the door, near enough now to fully put his head in.

"What be this?" He shivers, his gun points at random in fear.

Suddenly a door clamps down on his hand, knocking the gun from his hand and making the guard grunt in pain.

Rafe emerges from the door, grabbing the guard and pinning him down as Darla jumps up and watches as Rafe holds him down.

She looks over at the vacant gun, and quickly takes it, clicking the safety on and stuffing it in her waist band.

She runs in front of the two, pointing the gun at the guard, knowing it's not able to shoot regarding the safety.

"Huge mistake. You'll regret this." The guard groans, still in slight pain.

Rafe grabs the phone from the guards hand with force as Darla watches.

She looks up and begins to pull the cloth from the top of the bed down.

"Here, tie him up." She throws the long piece of cloth to him.

Rafe ties it tight, it's clearly hurting the guard immensely.

Darla breaths in and out. "Okay, Rafe. You don't have to..."

"Don't make a sound, all right?" Rafe whispers to him.

The two exit the room, Rafe leads the way, running down the stairs quickly while Darla follows after him.

"Rafe, wait. Wait, Rafe." Darla sighs.

He turns over his shoulder. "What."

"Give me the phone." She holds out her hand.

"Why?" He exhales, looking at her..

"Just give it to me." She whispers.

He rolls his eyes and takes out the gun, before he realises she still has the gun. "Gun."

They place it in each others hand at the same time, Darla let's go with the phone, but Rafe holds onto her other hand for a little longer, somewhat missing the feeling of them being hand in hand back in the days of Darlas 'Kook era.'. He misses it, and her. But sometimes just aren't meant to be.

Darla quickly taps on the screen in attempt to unlock it, luckily it was an easy 'swipe to unlock' phone. So she figured it out pretty quickly.

They walked through a door that would lead to a door that was being guarded from the outside.

"Shit." Rafe says quietly. "Okay, this way, this way."

Darla paces to the opposing wall from him, flicking the camera on of the phone and taking a picture of the photo from yesterday.

The photo that Singh was showing them and talking to them about.

"Darl, what are you doing?" Rafe whispers loud enough for her to hear.

"Hold on!" She snapped back, emailing the photo to her own email on her phone swiftly.

"Let's go, hurry up!" Rafe says impatiently.

Darla scurries across the room to Rafe and they exit through another door again.

They find a door that leads out of the house, that's unguarded, and take that route immediately. Darla inhales the fresh air with gratitude as they run through bushes to try find their way out.

They peek from a little gate, spitting a truck filled with sticks and some field workers are driving it, not guards.

Rafe looks at Darla. "You can run, yes?"

Darla rolls her eyes. "I did track."

"I'm talking about all the weed you smoke." Rafe blandly says.

"A little weed don't do nun, and anyways, when's the last time I smoked weed.. like.. 3 months ago?" Darla argues, knowing full well that the only reason she hasn't been smoking is because she hasn't had any access to weed during her stay on the island.

"Mhm." Rafe nods.

The truck begins to pull away and Darla grabs Rafe. "I got an idea, come on, come on!"

They run together past bushes that are located at the back of the house, busting through a gate that leads them out to a small road in which the truck is driving on.

Of course, the truck is faster than them, but not fast enough to get away.

They hop over the last bush, Darla runs and attempts a jump for the back of the truck, in which she successfully completes, and hops inside the open back, that's filled with sticks and hay.

She suddenly comes face to face with a field worker, minding the crop as Rafe jumps in.

Rafe immediately begins to brawl with him, Darl schooches back, not knowing what's bound to happen.

Rafes fists thump against the man's face, and before you know it, the man is thrown over board with no hesitation.

"Please! Don't!" The man cries before being let go into a ditch.

Darla let's out a light gasp before looking at Rafe with many emotions.

He looks back at her. "Darl, I had to."

She shakily exhales..

"Duck down a little, you're gonna get us caught!" He croaks just above a whisper.

She does so, still kind of shocked he'd do that without thinking.

He scrambles to the edge, looking out for upcoming attacks.

"In 5 minutes get under the tarp, all right?" He says without looking back to her.

"Hm."

He looks over her shoulder. "Darla, he would've thrown you overboard if i hadn't thrown him."

She nods, her eyes glossy.

"Just.. just forget it, the drop wasn't that big." He groans, horrible at comforting.

_____________________________

DARLAS POV:

It was around 10 minutes later, we were under the tarp, hoping to god that we'd get out safe.

There was a small gap at the top for us to breath, and through that hole light entered. Making our faces visible for each-other.

I kept feeling Rafes eyes on me. 

Why would he do that. Couldn't be have just knocked him out?

There was a few bumps and rumbles before we were safe to move.

Rafe spring free from under the tarp, as did I.

We leaned our backs against the wall of the truck.

"I told you we just have to work together." Rafe sighs.

I don't answer, staring at my knees as the truck moves then side to side.

"All right. Listen, I'm headed out to my boat, okay?" He  continues. "I can give you a ride out, drop you wherever, somewhere safe. One thing though."

He exhaled before he carries on. "Look at me."

I glance reluctantly to him.

"I know your friends are on the island, and my sister. I'm not helping them. All right? I cant trust them, okay?" He shakes his head. "I'll bring you. But not them, you get me?"

I know there's nothing I can do to change his opinion on the pogues and Sarah, so I lie pretentiously.

"I just wanna get off the island." I shrug. "As long as you can get me off."

He stops and smiles a little. "That's smart. You know, Darla, I never really thought of you as a Pogue."

That drew my attention quickly. "What did you think of me as?"

"Of course, your mom was a pogue, your dad.. or whatever. But when you hung round with us? Yeah, that was some Kook shit." He concludes.

I fake laugh as he laughs with genuineness. There's not a chance he really thinks that, has he been living under a rock for the years of his life?

The truck suddenly comes to a stop.

Rafe raises up a little. "Where are we.."

I rise up too.

"Ah, yup. Follow my lead." He whistles, hopping from the back of the truck onto the road.

I jump off after him, following.

We walk through the streets, this place is nice. I'm guessing it's the Bahamas judging by Rafes knowledge of the area.

Rafe leads us to a dock with several Kook boats stopped.

I admire each one, wondering which will be the one he brings us on.

We stop at the end, I immediately look for the name.

'Cat and the fiddle'

I cock an eyebrow. "Hm."

"Make sure your shoes are off." He orders as he removes his own.

I look down at my feet, ignoring his request because these socks are probably near decaying.

I look to him as he unties the rope.

"Should have enough juice to get us to St. Lucia no problem." He nods as he unties, dropping the rope onto the boat.

He passes me still on the dock. "Hey, get in the boat."

I look up, hesitating.

"Darl!" He calls from the wheel.

"You won't pull shit?" I tilt my head. "Like you did before?"

He rolls his eyes. "Are you coming or what?"

I cross my arms with bratty-ness.

"No, I won't pull shit."

I de-tense, stepping inside.

"Can you pull up the anchor chain?" He asks, powering the engine on.

I walk over in a huff, what am I going to do? I cant leave the Pogues?

I look down at the water as I pull the anchor chain up. Will I just jump?

No. better yet, I'll just push him off.

Yes! And then take the boat and get the Pogues, ride off into the distance and then be free.

I surprise myself at times.

I lower the chain back down slowly. "Hey, Rafe?"

"What?" He calls out.

"I... I need help with this!" I fake grunt.

"What, you need help pulling up an anchor chain?" He says.

"Yes." I cry. "Can you.. can you just help me, please?"

I hear him groan as he climbs down the ladder to help me.

"Move." He pushes past me.

I watch him bend over, untying it.

He can't seem to reach it, so he climbs over the railing.

I count down in my head, 1...2...3.

My hands push him with force and I quickly turn and run for the wheel.

I hear the water splash as I get to the ladder, pulling my self up I hear him shout.

"Darla! What the fuck are you doing!"

"I gotta help my friends!" I shake my head, revving the boats engine up and pulling away.

"You don't know what your doing! Hey!" He screams. "You're gonna regret this."

I chuckle to myself. "Dig the buzz cut, by the way!"

"I'll find you! You bitch! I'll find you! Darla! YOU'RE DONE."

I turn the wheel, giggling to myself.

I take out the phone I stole, scrolling through the contacts list.

There I find Portis.

Knowing the other have his phone, I quickly type in..

Meet @ pin 6:15 P4L.

_____________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 35 13
ᴬⁿᵈ ᴵ ᵇᵒᵘᵍʰᵗ ᵃˡˡ ᵗʰᵉ ᶜˡᵒᵗʰᵉˢ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵗʰᵉʸ ᵗᵒˡᵈ ᵐᵉ ᵗᵒ ᵇᵘʸ ᴵ ᶜʰᵃˢᵉᵈ ˢᵒᵐᵉ ᵈᵘᵐᵇ ⁱᵈᵉᵃˡ ᵐʸ ʷʰᵒˡᵉ ᶠᵘᶜᵏⁱⁿᵍ ˡⁱᶠᵉ ᴬⁿᵈ ⁿᵒⁿᵉ ᵒᶠ ⁱᵗ ᵐᵃᵗᵗᵉʳˢ ᵃⁿᵈ ⁿᵒⁿᵉ ᵒᶠ ⁱᵗ ᵉⁿᵈˢ ʸᵒᵘ ʲ...
753 12 14
VERY UPDATED What if Kiara and Sarah weren't the first two girls in the group? What if there was one slightly before Kiara? It was Pope's cousin. Joi...
5.1M 111K 40
❝ your ass must be jealous of all the shit that comes out of your mouth. ❞ ❝ i like the noise you make when you shut the fuck up. ❞ outer banks { jj...
53 0 11
Book 3= Season 3 After all they have been through, after all the beatings and losses they've endured. They got a paradise all to themselves. Well tha...