🌹 | Midsummers. (9)

Yesterday, jj was brought into the sheriffs department because he took the fall for pope. I hate when he tries to be the hero.

But i have to admit. It's nice seeing him do anything for his friends.

Every year, no matter what the circumstance, my step mom makes me go to midsummer's.

"This is your dress." She holds it out.

I cross my arms. "Why are you making me go? I'm not in the island club."

"Your father is, and you are your fathers daughter." She spreads it out across my bed.

I tuck my hair behind my ear.

"And you can curl that hair of yours, instead of it always being straight.. for a change." She snarls.

"I'll do what i please with my hair." I mutter.

"All i ask is that you go here with a smile and use everyone's names. Be polite. Don't ignore anyone. And certainly by god do not go near Pope. He's working there tonight." She orders.

"Popes my friend, if you're allowed to talk to your friends tonight.. so am I." I reverse her out of my room to get dressed.

(This was what Darla wore)

I walked outside of my room and saw Ren in the hallway.

Ren is my step sister. She's 8 years old, and the only stepsister I like. She always used to cover for me when i used to live here. She's one of my bestest friends, so i love her. I only really ever come back here to check on her.

"Woah, you look like a princess." She says with a smile.

She always warms my heart every-time i see her.

"Thank you Ren, I love your dress too." I spin her around and watch her dress twirl.

Bea walks out of her room. "What is that god-awful colour?" She laughs.

And Bea is the other sister. She's 14, and the stereotypical snobby kook you'd find at the youth club with her stupid little rich friends that all live off daddy's money and drive fancy cars. Yes, she's 14 and has a car. Talk about princess treatment.

I look her up and down, wanting to comment on her dress.. but Rens here.

"Leave her alone Bea, yours isn't much better." Ren growls.

I laugh.

"Can you not go near me tonight? I want to make my impression on Rafe." She flicks her hair and applies lipstick.

"I wasn't planning on." I sigh. "Especially now that you mention that thing."

"Whatever, don't then." She clicks her lipstick closed. "And don't forget, you're a pogue. So you don't belong there." She struts down the stairs with her stupid clacking high heels along Natalie's quartz floors.