🌊| "Surprise, I guess." (46)

When you get betrayed by the one you trusted the most, you learn to not trust anymore.

At least that's what I'm telling myself to do. From now on, I'll only trust the right people.

Who are the right people? I don't know. I'll know it when I find them.

I kick my feet up on the couch at the château, I cant stay at JJ's, and I cant go home. So I'll stay here until I can finally reveal myself to the OBX.

I look up at the counter, seeing half a blunt burnt out.

I squint before standing up and grabbing it, and examining it.

I shrug, walking into John B's room. I know he has a lighter somewhere in here.

I rustle around his drawers, smiling when I find a little switch lighter.

I light the blunt end up and it smokes a little, I'll probably get like 30 seconds out of this. I inhale a bit.

I cough when I realise how bland and stale it tastes.

I hold it in my hand as I walk out the door, onto the dock and then down the steps.

I look down at the couch and remember the time that I comforted JJ on it when he got really drunk that night he bought the hot tub with restitution.

I sigh, rolling my eyes and walking past it.

I hold my joint up with a smile as I walk up to the tree that has my name and John Bs written on it.

"I wish." I mumble to myself as I read. 'R.I.P'

I take another hit of the joint as I closely examine it, before gagging at the taste of the joint again.

I may aswell just put it out.

I do so, letting it drop beside the tree and when I go to put it out with my foot, I feel my foot sink little lower than usual.

I raise an eyebrow, stomping on the real grass, then back on the part I dropped the joint on.

Yeah, there's a major difference.

It feels like this part was dug up and then re assembled.

I kneel down to see what is going on.

Feeling it with my hands, yep. This part was dug into.

I contemplate digging it back up.

Hmm. Yeah. I will.

I create a claw shape with my hand and dig into the ground, the dirt comes up easier than usual.

I keep clawing out the dirt, when finally my hand hits something hard.

I get a little startled at first, before going in with two hands and wrapping them around something shaped like.. a rectangle?

Think it's a box.

I grunt as I pull it up, the rest of the dirt coming up with it.

What the fuck is this, a time capsule?

I wipe the dirt off from the box, it's a bit damp from the rain.

I carefully grab the lid and pull it off.

My eyes widen when I see a box full of items, and a folded over letter with my name on it.

I blink. Did they make some sort of memory coffin?

I take the letter off, staring at the writing. It looks a little messy, like JJ's.

I set it aside for a minute, emitting a huge smile when I see my old raggedy pink scrunchie laying on top.