🌊| The diary. (42)

JJS POV:

We arrive at 101 cattle wash, where we suspect they're holding Darl hostage.

We sneak through the back garden hedges, getting to the centre. "All right. Quiet. Just gotta get Darla and leave."

"Window?" John b points to a small window we could possibly fit through.

"Yeah, go." Pope nods.

As they're climbing up and trying to budge through the window, I wait from behind.

Suddenly I feel crawling on my foot.

"What the- dude. Get off." I spot crabs nipping at me.

"Get- Get off. Get- OW!" One bites down on me, causing me to jump back.

The crab flies up to my arm when I kicked my leg up, I shake it off, running frantically.

"What the hell, JJ?" Pope whisper shouts.

I flick it off, getting away from the crabs.

"Overreacting much?" Kie shrugs.

"Turned my thumb purple!" I complain, holding up my bitten thumb.

"Stop being a a baby." Cleo scoffs. "Just a crab."

"You're just a crab." I mumble.

"What?"

John b whistles, notifying us that the windows open.

We all climb through.

We take different parts of the house. "Darl?"

"Darl?" I whisper, poking my head into a room. "Darla?"

I walk into the room, seeing if I can find any signs of her presence.

I walk out. "Not here."

"Not in the bathroom either." Sarah shakes her head.

"Is there any sort of store room?" Kie suggests.

"No." Cleo comes back from her searching area.

"Okay, well if she's not here then where is she?" I feel myself panic a little bit.

I walk around, ruffling through files and papers, just nothing but billing and news shit.

I turn around to see Pope staring at something. "John b." He whispers.

They look at a painting.

"What is it?" I say, running over to see if it's a clue.

"It's a burning boat." I blink.

"This is San Jose." Pope corrects me. "The ship Denmark transported the cross on."

I cock an eyebrow. "And, whatever. This is about the gold, doesn't have anything to do with Darla."

"JJ can you just like.. calm down for a minute? It's Darla we're talking about, she can defend herself pretty well." John b turns to me as I begin to walk away from the painting.

I stare at him. "So what, you don't give a shit about her? It doesn't matter how physically smart she is. We need to help her. There was her and about fifty men kidnapping her."

"Can you stop being so love impacted for like.. a minute?" Pope says, getting mad.

"What? How is caring about my friend 'love impacted'?" I argue.

"We know you're in love but like.."

"I'm not in love." I blurt.

They all go a bit quiet.