Finding the Missing Piece: Bo...

Por cogdill

Katniss and Peeta Mellark are currently living a rough life, but in all reality it's not all that bad and wil... Más

Prologue/Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty-Six
Chapter Eighty-Seven
Chapter Eighty-Eight
Chapter Eighty-Nine
Chapter Ninety
Chapter Ninety-One
Chapter Ninety-Two
Chapter Ninety-Three
Chapter Ninety-Four
Chapter Nintey-Five
Chapter Ninety-Six
Chapter Nintey-Seven
Chapter Ninety-Eight
Chapter Ninety-Nine
Chapter One-Hundred
Sequel Info.

Chapter Thirty-Five

2.4K 137 55
Por cogdill

Katniss POV- (A week later, shopping with Bristol, Glimmer and Carter)

"I can't wait until Willow comes." Bristol says as we drive into town from my house, Carter fast asleep in the back.

"Yeah, I can't wait either." I say quietly.

I hate shopping but Peeta wants me to start getting out and doing things with them, before she's born.

"When is your next appointment, Kat?" Glimmer asks me.

"In like a week or maybe two, I believe."

She smiles, "That is great."

"Yeah, I'm really excited. This actually isn't as bad as I thought it would be." I admit to Bristol.

"No, it's not but you're lucky to have Peeta there." She says.

"I know, I am lucky I have him and you know Peeta and I wanted to be there for you, while you were pregnant especially."

"Don't worry about it, Kat. You've made up for it ten times over, trust me." She smiles.

"I know but I wanted to be there."

"I know you did but it all worked out."

I sigh, "I can't believe Carter is almost 7 months old." I say with a frown.

"Me either, she's growing up so fast."

Bristol gives a pouty lip and Glimmer pulls into a baby store downtown.

"What all are y'all needing? I have a lot of clothes Carter has outgrown if you want them, if not it's fine." Bristol offers.

"Sure, if you want. We don't mind." I say truthfully, knowing we will take whatever we can get even though we don't expect anything from anyone.

"Well, as much as you bought her and help me with her, I would love to get or give you guys anything you need." Bristol assures me.

"Thanks."

I sigh and we go inside, Glimmer holding a sleeping Carter.

"Oh, Kat this is adorable." She says, finding a pink ruffled dress, it kind of looks like the one we bought Carter for my wedding.

I don't really like pink but I know the majority of girl stuff is pink so I don't say anything.

"Yeah, that's cute." I lie.

"What colors are you wanting for her nursery?" Bristol asks.

I sigh, "I don't know. Peeta and I haven't really talked about it much." I say with a shrug.

"What about pink and white?" Glimmer says.

"I don't know." I say.

"Or there's purple and pink." Bristol suggests.

"I don't know what I want." I say, even though I have somewhat of an idea.

"There's purple and white too." Glimmer says.

I shrug and try to ignore them both as I glance around at a bunch of baby stuff I don't need or I don't even know what it's used for.

"This is really cute." Glimmer says to about 500 things that are pink and in my opinion, not something I would ever dress my little girl in.

"What about this?" Glimmer asks, holding up a really expensive diaper bag.

"That's okay." I say.

"Oh, Kat. We have to get baby Willow this." She says, holding up a giant teddy bear.

I stifle a laugh, "That's cute but there is no way I'm putting that in my house."

Glimmer shrugs, "Bristol, have you found anything good?"

She shrugs, "Nothing Katniss would like."

Glimmer scoffs, "Really? I'm finding tons of things if she wasn't such a cheapskate." She teases me.

I roll my eyes.

Yes, Glimmer teases me a lot for my taste in fashion and for not spending hundreds of dollars on clothes a month. I'm use to it but today, I'm not having it.

"I don't want her to have any expensive clothes because she's just going to outgrow them and puke on them, probably." I say, annoyed.

"Okay. It's whatever you want, Kat." Glimmer says, realizing that I'm not much for joking today.

Bristol can tell I am getting a little annoyed with them both so she doesn't talk much.

She and Carter keep to themselves.

I know they are both just excited and they're trying to help me but I wanted this to be something Peeta and I did together. Plus, Glimmer has dragged me to too many shopping trips and I'm not up for this one, especially.

"Katniss, if you don't want to shop we don't have to." Bristol says nicely, giving me a knowing look.

I sigh, "I'm sorry, it's just a lot to take in."

"That's okay, Kat. I know you hate shopping anyways. I do have to ask..."

"What?"

"If I buy Willow some of the outfits you hate will you let her wear them?"

"If you want to spend that much money on something my baby is going to wear once, then by all means, go for it. I'll let her wear whatever you buy her, whether I hate them or not."

Glimmer hugs me, "I'll be at the checkout."

I laugh, still annoyed and rolling my eyes.

"Gotta love her." Bristol says, patting my back.

"I know I'm not being pleasant but Peeta and I have barely discussed anything so maybe after awhile we can try this again." I say, feeling bad because Glimmer has begged me for over a year to come shopping with her like she use to get me to do in high school and I've only gone wedding dress shopping with her.

"Do you want to go get something to eat after this, maybe?" Bristol suggests as Glimmer comes back with a pink baby bag full of clothes.

She cares, I'll give her that much.

"Here you are. And a few of those things were even on sale." She says snuggly, handing me the bag.

"Thank you, Glimmer. I promise I'll let her wear it all." I assure her.

"Good. Now for the next store-" Bristol cuts her off.

"Actually, I think Katniss is ready to go on home. If you want, we could come back and do a little more shopping?" Bristol suggests to Glimmer.

"I would love to. Do you like to shop?"

"I do and Miss Carter here can shop for hours, especially like this." Bristol says, kissing Carter's sleeping cheek.

"You sure you're not up for some food?" Glimmer asks.

I sigh, "Can I just go home?"

She frowns, "Of course."

"Thank you." I say softly.

Glimmer smiles sadly at me and mouths 'it's okay' and we all four go.

When I get home, Peeta is surprised to see me back so soon.

"That didn't last long." He says as I walk through the front door, nearly my wits end.

I give him a look and plop down on the couch next to him.

"What happened?"

"Nothing." I sigh deeply, staring at the TV.

"Something happened or else you wouldn't be back and you wouldn't look like that."

"It's frustrating because I wanted it to be just something you and I did together." I say.

"What do you mean?"

"I wanted us to be the ones to buy her clothes and things for her room and stuff and everyone is trying to help and suggest things to me and I want them to leave me alone." I say, frustrated.

I shouldn't be mad because they're helping us because they love us and I appreciate it but they know me better than to want to do it all.

He frowns, "Katniss, now do you know how Bristol felt when you knew what Carter wanted and she didn't?"

"Okay, fine but it's different and she's not even here yet and I'm already tired of people suggesting things to me." I snap.

Peeta chuckles and shakes his head.

"It's not funny, Peeta."

"I know it's not but they are just excited and you knew Glimmer would be wanting to take you shopping, especially for a little girl."

"I know, she always does but I don't like shopping unless it's just us and you told me I had to go."

"I didn't say you had to. I just said you should go." Peeta says.

I roll my eyes at him.

"Katniss, it's okay. I promise we will go shopping together soon."

"I don't want to go shopping, Peeta. I want to but I don't want to." I say.

"I'll go with you soon. We need to see what all we need. Do you know what happened to the list we made?"

"No." I say, rolling my eyes and letting out a frustrated groan.

"Just relax, Katniss. It's all okay." He says with a laugh.

I groan again.

"I know that you're frustrated but it's gonna be okay. I promise you." Peeta assures me.

"I know, I'm sorry it's just I don't want people in our business. It's always been that way and they know it and it's no different now."

"Okay, that's fine but try to be nice because at least we have a bunch of people who care about us and Willow."

"I will." I say, getting off the couch.

I go upstairs and get a new piece of paper from Peeta's art studio and a pen and come back down.

"Okay, let's start this list over." I say with a sigh.

"Clothes." Peeta laughs.

"Wow, you're such a genius, Peeta."

He smiles, "Yes. A genius genius."

I scoff, "You're dumb."

He laughs a little, "I know."

"Do you know what colors we want her nursery?" I ask him.

"Whatever you want." Peeta says.

I roll my eyes, "Orange?"

I can see he wants to be excited when I ask this.

"If that's what you want."

I smile, knowing how happy it would make him.

"I want the colors we use to be like a creamy, sunsetty orange and white."

He nods a little, hiding a smile.

"You're sure you don't want pink or purple?"

"No, I hate pink." I scowl.

"Purple?"

"No, I want it orange." I push.

He sighs, "Okay."

"We need a crib and a basinet."

Peeta nods, "Do you want them to be white?"

I nod and write it down.

"Diapers, which we've been buying when we go to the store so we need to decide how much we need of each size." I tell him.

"Okay, we have about two boxes of newborn diapers, three boxes of 'ones.'" Peeta says.

"I guess we will buy three of each size for now." I shrug.

"Sounds good." He says.

"What else?" I ask.

"I don't know, maybe socks? I don't know."

I can't help but to laugh at him.

He laughs a little and shrugs his shoulders.

"Socks would be lovely. I'm sure she would love socks." I laugh.

"Hey, she might." Peeta says with a smirk.

I chuckle and shake my head.

"Socks. Bibs. Clothes." I name off.

"I don't know what else. Toys."

I sigh.

"Not yet." I scold him, knowing before she's even old enough to play with them our house will be filled with them.

He smiles a little, innocently.

"Baby wipes." I laugh and write it down.

"We could definitely start buying those too."

I nod.

"This is harder than I thought."

"Yeah, what even happened to our other list?"

Peeta laughs, "Heck, I don't know."

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

204K 9.4K 101
Parenthood has finally found Katniss and Peeta Mellark. In this story they are going to be learning to live life with a child in their hands. They've...
613 5 14
What if Peeta & Katniss were together a year before the 74th hunger games? How will the Hunger Games affect their relationship? Katniss POV
30.8K 1.1K 28
Peeta Mellark- Was an Alpha at only twelve years old. Has a little sister Primrose. She's all he has less of a family and the only thing he cares abo...
45K 807 25
Two district 4 citizens trying to survive in Panem as victors with an unspoken love dwindling between them. She tries her best to not let her love fo...