The Blue Mage (Wanda Maximoff...

بواسطة Reszer

What is worse? To run and hide, or to fight and die? Victor Faust, who once befriended the Maximoff twins, mo... المزيد

Chapter I - Apple Pie
Chapter II - The Blue Mage
Chapter III - Red and Blue
Chapter IV - Burn
Chapter V - Promise
Chapter VI - Grief
Chapter VII - Step by Step
Chapter VIII - Merlin, Part 2
Chapter IX - Light
Chapter X - Before the Storm
Chapter XI - Civil War, Part 1
Chapter XI - Civil War, Part 2
Chapter XI - Civil War, Part 3
Chapter XI - Civil War, End
Chapter XII - The Prodigal Son
Chapter XIII - Before the Night
Chapter XIV - Nightmare, Part 1
Chapter XIV - Nightmare, Part 2
Chapter XV - Love and Tears
Chapter XVI - Sugar
Chapter XVII - When Plans Fail
Chapter XVIII - The Battle for Wakanda
Chapter XIX - Gods and Minds
Chapter XX - Burned Hands
Chapter XXI - A Ring for a Gravestone
Chapter XXII - Broken Arrow
Chapter XXIII - Girl from the Mirror
Chapter XXIV - Unknown Trial
Chapter XXV - It Was Agatha All Along
Chapter XXVI - Chains
Chapter XXVII - The Penance Stare
Chapter XXVIII - Love and Tears
Chapter XXIX - In Miracles We Trust
Chapter XXX - Time Heist
Chapter XXXI - No More...

Chapter VIII - Merlin, Part 1

374 47 142
بواسطة Reszer

Avengers Headquarters, three weeks later

Wanda Maximoff's POV

"All right, Wanda, the key to controlling magic really comes down to will."

"Victor, are you sure this will help me?"

"Why shouldn't it be? I know we should have started sooner, but life here is just so crazy."

"No, I don't mean that. I mean, I can't do magic."

"Of course you can, Miss Scarlet Witch."

"You are joking, right? It's simply a nickname."

"Hardly. You are using magic, Wanda. I can't say what type of magic it is or what its source is since I am not that knowledgeable, but this is magic. I mean, you must have noticed how my magic is drawn to you." Wanda blushed and then whispered, looking at her ringed fingers.

"I can do magic."

"Indeed, you can, and lucky for you, your friend over here is very eager to show you everything he can."

"I really appreciate this friend of mine... I hope I get to repay him one day." Wanda felt herself biting her lips and looking into Victor's gray eyes.

"All right, we will start with the basics. I need you to close your eyes, Wanda." She immediately did so. "Now gather a small portion of your magic in your hands, just like you normally do. As you do, I want you to think about the layout of your room. Remember where everything is and paint it in your mind."

She did just that. It was easy to hold her powers, or, should she say, her magic like that. However, it was more difficult to think about her room when she felt Victor so close. Recently, she noticed that he always smelled like a forest, which is supposedly the result of the new plants he grew.

"Now, Wanda, I want you to raise the cup that's on the table, but keep your eyes closed."

It felt slightly weird not to use her eyes, but she did as asked. Soon after, there were several items, both large and small, floating around the room. Wanda started to feel a strain on her body as a small drop of sweat moved from her forehead.

"Maintain your focus on all these objects, Wanda. No matter what happens, you are in control." Victor whispered. Something inside Wanda stirred with him being so close and her having her eyes closed. She started to feel gentle tugs on the air, some crackling, and flashes of light on her face, but she remained concentrated. She then felt her hair being tugged under her ear, and her focus wavered.

"You had something there."

"Mmmm..."

Suddenly, water splashed her face. Shrieking, she opened her eyes. Everything her powers raised in the air dropped. Victor had a massive grin on his face and an empty glass in his hand.

"Ha! Got you."

"Oh, now you've done it!" Wanda lunged at him and tackled him to the bed. They started to roll around, giggling and laughing, until Victor dropped to the ground with Wanda on top of him. Small drops of water were dripping on his handsome face. 

Victor was attractive. Wanda deduced that much when she stayed by his side when he was unconscious. With his high cheekbones, small nose, and black hair—not to mention his wonderful personality—Wanda placed her hand on his warm cheek. Victor was constantly warm. He always felt so alive and human. She felt his hands on her thighs, and a shiver rocked her body. Maybe wearing a skirt today was a better idea than she thought. She felt her body leaning closer and closer to his face. 

His magic flowed into her. This was another thing with Victor. With him by her side, she always feels calm. Her magic seemed to need him just as much as she did. As they got closer and closer, they saw someone clearing their throat. Wanda jumped from Victor and tried to fix her hair and clothes. She glares at Vision, who just phased through the wall like it was nothing.

"What are you doing, Vision?"

"My apologies, but this is time-sensitive. I noticed the doors were unlocked; therefore, I assumed it was appropriate to enter."

"You assumed the wrong Ketchup." Groaned Victor, standing up. Wanda noticed how his cheeks got red. What is happening to her? He was her friend, her best friend, and she couldn't mess this up. She shook her head.

"What do you want, Vision?"

"Steve Rogers is summoning us all to the conference room. It is most urgent."

"We will be there in two minutes." Said Victor, straightening his shirt.

"And next time, Vision, knock on my door if you want to enter. No matter what you assume. I've told you about respecting my privacy." Her magic burned through her eyes, but she didn't care.

"My apologies, Wanda and Victor. I am still having problems with understanding all social cues. I shall leave you be." He did so by phasing through the wall.

"Right... So" Victor scratched his neck and smiled. "I suppose we should go, yes?"

"Victor, why are you doing all of this?"

"Uhm... What do you mean?" His smile dropped.

"Why are you helping me so much? You are doing more than any friend should. Without you, I would be lying on the bed, crying myself to death. You help me, you make me laugh, and you care so much... Why?" Wanda looked at her socks while playing with the rings on her fingers.

"Because you are the most important person in my life, Wanda. How could I act differently? Plus, you have the most gorgeous smile, and I love seeing it." Wanda couldn't help herself as she jumped on his neck and hugged him with all her strength.

"We need to go, but... We will get back to this discussion, right?"

"Of course. We better get moving, or that tomato head will come again."

"You really don't like him, do you, Victor?"

"First, he makes you uncomfortable. Second. I just can't help but remind myself of Ultron when I see him. Should you ever need help with him, please let me know."

"I can handle Vision myself, but I thank you all the same."

The pair went and joined the rest of the team in the conference room. Seeing them, Steve addressed the room.

"We have a situation that needs delicate handling, everyone." Natasha pushed some keys, and a hologram of a large, glassy building appeared in the centre.

"This is one of many buildings owned by the Lux company. Due to S.H.I.E.L.D. intelligence, we know that they have connections with Hydra." Added Natasha.

"LUX is a Polish company." Victor pointed out.

"And Hydra originated in Germany." Reminded Steve.

"Lux is a medical company with the primary goal of finding a cure for ageing. There is evidence suggesting they are conducting human experiments for Hydra." Finished Natasha.

"Our objective is to infiltrate the facility and figure out the truth. If they do experiment on people, we will shut it down and save them."

"Hydra loves their experiments." Said Wanda dryly.

"Which is why we will put a stop to it." She spoke to Victor again.

"Exactly, however, this building is in the centre of Warsaw. We must try to avoid open conflict. Fighting will be the last solution." Steven talked sternly. "We will be divided into three teams. Sam and I will stay as backups in case of a hard fight. Natasha and Wanda will enter the building and create a distraction, allowing Victor and Vision to sneak in deeper into the facility."

"That is, if your new spell is ready, Victor." Said Natasha with a teasing smirk.

"Of course it is." He waved his hands slightly and immediately turned invisible. Wanda couldn't wait until the weekend when Victor promised to teach her that.

"Excellent. Once inside, you two will be on a clock. We can't predict how much time Natasha and Wanda will buy you. You need to get in quickly and learn everything you can. Do you understand?"

"Naturally."

"Yes, Captain."

"Good, now before we head out, I want everyone to remember this face." An image of an older man with gray hair appeared. He has deathly pale skin and dark brown eyes. "This is Edmund Kochan, the newest director of the facility. The number of disappearances in the area has skyrocketed since he appeared." Finished Steve. Wanda noticed that, for the first time, Victor's mind was completely closed off. Maybe he was nervous about his first mission?

"Gear up, everyone. We need to move fast."

Soon after, they were flying in a Quinjet to Warsaw. All of them were wearing regular clothes to maintain their appearances. Wanda was still looking at Victor, whose mind and eyes remained closed. He kept squeezing his wrist. This wasn't like him at all.

Eventually, they landed and made their way to the target place. The streets around the building were packed full of traffic and pedestrians. It was so loud and smelly. Wanda hoped the mission would end soon. Right before the start, Wanda gently grabbed Victor's shoulder.

"Are you all right, Victor? You are closed off to me."

"Huh? Oh yeah, it's nothing, Wanda."

"Did I do something wrong?" She whispered.

"Nothing at all! You are lovely, Wanda; you are far too lovely for me." His smile hardly meets his eyes. He kept squeezing his wrist. Wanda did not have a chance to respond, as the mission had begun. She will have some words with him after.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for reading.

Take care :)

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

361K 14.9K 103
Olivia, a young FBI agent, is forced to work with S.W.O.R.D to help them bring Wanda Maximoff back to the US to face legal prosecution for her previ...
4.5K 167 16
When Wanda destroys the Darkhold through all multiverses and drags herself down, she welcomes Death like an old friend, for...the third time. But, fo...
4.2K 177 6
Disclaimer: All rights go to dearzoemurphy on AO3 who gave me permission to share their work -0-0-0- ...
44.8K 1.5K 33
Wanda Maximoff Fanfiction Artemis Cloud Romanoff have a power similar to the Death Note can do but a lot powerful. She can kill whoever she desire an...