Veiled Emotions (gxg)

Por lroseman55

Eve Davis and Ezra Fanning have been the best of friends for five years. And they haven't had it easy. They'... Más

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42

Part 6

481 20 2
Por lroseman55

Ezra told me on Sunday that her sister, Autumn, called her.

Ezra is one of five siblings, and I am one of three.

I have an older sister Kylie, she's 22. And I have a younger brother, Jordan, who is 17.

Ezra, on the other hand, has an older brother, Kyle. He is 23. She then has three younger siblings, her sister Autumn, who is 18, brother Hunter who is 15, and her sister Marley who is 13.

I'm not really close with my siblings. And the only sibling that Ezra really talks to is Autumn, who is a senior in high school.

Autumn is a sweet girl. She reminds me of Ezra and I in the sense that she wants out of our hometown. She wants to go to college, and she wants more for herself.

"She's not doing very well without me." Ezra said, "She said that my dad has been extra bad this week- and no one has been able to reach Kyle all week. Since Hunter is basically with his girlfriend all the time, it's been just her and Marley getting the brunt of everything at home.

I saw a flicker of guilt cross Ezra's face.

"It's natural to be concerned." I said, "Especially since it involves Autumn."

"I wish I wasn't." Ezra said, "I'm going to try to not be."

"It's okay if you are. Just remember to try to focus on yourself. That's what we're here for."

Ezra gave me a small grin and said, "You're right. I know you are, as always."

The next day after a long few hours of classes, Ezra had her interview at The Olive Branch. I sat in her room with her, on her blow-up mattress, and helped her decide what to wear. We settled on a black jean jacket with a gray button up underneath, and a pair of black fitted pants. Ezra pulled her hair back in a ponytail- and the blue streaks were on full display. She wore her makeup more natural than usual- and I couldn't help but admire how pretty she looked.

"I like the makeup." I said to her, "Brings out your natural beauty. Which you have a lot of."

Ezra flashed me a genuine smile, "Hopefully whoever is interviewing me thinks the same thing. Thanks, Eve."

As Ezra was about to leave, I noticed that the collar of her gray shirt was a bit bent.

"Wait." I said, "Let me fix your collar."

Ezra stood facing me. She is a few inches taller than me. I am five foot two, and she is around five foot five.

She looked down at me slightly, her green eyes gazing at me from below her dark lashes. She had a small slit shaved in her left eyebrow, and she also had two nose piercings- two studs on the left side of her ski slope nose.

I reached up and gently fixed her collar, and she smiled down at me.

It was moments like this, when Ezra looked at me like I put the stars in the sky, that I questioned if she truly saw me as just a friend- with benefits.

I also swore I saw a slight blush on her cheeks as I ran my hands down her arms and smoothed her jacket.

"Perfect." I said.

"Thank you." Ezra said, "Let's hope I nail this."

"You will." I said, "I know it."

Ezra gave me one more smile, and then she was out the door.

After she walked out, Serafina walked downstairs.

"Does Ezra have a job interview?" she asked me, "Troy mentioned something to me about her possibly working at The Olive Branch."

"She does." I said, "I hope she gets the job."

Serafina nodded and she then said, "Hey- you can tell Ezra this as well. I have an Uncle that owns a chain of mattress stores. He could give you a discount. I've just noticed that you and Ezra don't have mattresses. I'm surprised your back isn't killing you."

Oh, it certainly hasn't felt very good.

I knew that Serafina was just trying to be nice, but it came across a bit as her saying, "I know you're poor and can't really afford a mattress on your own."

Or at least, that's how it seemed.

"Thank you." I said to Serafina, "I'll let you know right when I want to get one."

"No problem." Serafina said, "He'd be glad to help you and Ezra."

I waited patiently- well, not so patiently- in my bedroom for Ezra- feeling even worse about the fact that I didn't have a mattress.

As I was waiting, I checked my email to see if by chance I had heard back from any jobs. And to my surprise, I did.

I had an email waiting for me from a local restaurant as well called Villa Rosa Trattoria, asking me to come in for an interview for a host position. I remembered applying to the job, as Ezra mentioned that I could move up from being a host to a server.

I emailed them back saying I could come in on Wednesday at 3:30 PM.

Not long after, my phone was vibrating- and it was Ezra.

"We're going out tonight and getting drinks to celebrate. I don't care if it's a Monday." her voice came through.

"I take it the interview went well?"

"I got the job, hence us celebrating." Ezra said.

"I'm so glad." I said back, "Congrats."

"I'm pretty relieved. Now if I decide to drop out of school, at least I have an excuse to stay here. Besides being with you, of course."

"Ha ha. Very funny." I said, and then I lowered my voice, "Serafina told me after you left that she has an Uncle who can give us a discount on mattresses."

"She felt the need to point out that we don't have a mattress?" Ezra asked.

"Yeah, She did."

"What a bitch." Ezra said, "I don't really like her."

"I'm trying to give her a chance, but I'm starting to feel the same."

"Troy isn't too bad, at least." Ezra said, "But you know that I don't really like anyone but you."

I chuckled, "And you know that I feel the same."

Troy was glad to hear that Ezra got the job at The Olive Branch- and he also somehow got roped into going out with us that night.

He asked us if we were going to celebrate- and Ezra and I glanced at each other.

"We're planning on going to a bar." Ezra said.

"Oh, damn." Troy said, "I want to go out with you two sometime- especially after how fun you both were at the party."

"Um, we can do that." Ezra said, to my surprise, "If you want to join us, we don't have to go to a bar."

Troy's eyes lit up and he said, "Do you like gelato? There's an amazing place in town."

"I've never had it." Ezra said, "It's like ice cream, right?"

"Even better." Troy said, "I promise you'll love it."

"That sounds great." I said, and Ezra nodded.

When we got upstairs, Ezra pulled me into her bedroom.

"I figured we could still drink a bit to celebrate. All I have are these gross shooters, but it'll get us at least slightly tipsy." she said to me.

Ezra walked over to her closet, and grabbed a plastic container that was on the floor. I knew what container this was- specifically for shooters. She had this in her bedroom at home, even though alcohol was something that was always out in the open at the Fanning home.

"I'll have this whiskey." she said, pulling out a shooter, "I know you won't want that."

"I'll have the Pink Whitney." I said, and Ezra pulled out the shooter full of the pink liquid. I then said to her, "I didn't tell you on the phone because I didn't want to take away from your moment- but I have a job interview too. To be a host."

Ezra smiled at me and said, "Even more of a reason to celebrate."

She then lifted her shooter up slightly- and I held up mine as well.

"To us." I said.

"To us." Ezra said back, and then she downed her shooter- and I did as well.

She shook her head and made a face, "That was fucking disgusting."

Ezra then faced me and said, "I hope you didn't mind me inviting Troy to come out with us tonight. I don't want you to think that I don't want to spend time with just you."

"I don't mind at all." I said, "We spend a lot of time together."

"He just looked so excited to possibly hangout with us." Ezra said, "And spending time with you is my favorite thing. Never forget that."

I felt myself smile as I said, "Same goes for me to you."

Ezra then leaned in, her whiskey on her breath, and she gave me a light kiss on the cheek.

Troy did seem excited to be getting gelato with us. He talked a lot as we walked to the shop- and when we got there and stood in line- he immediately recognized two of the people in the line.

"Taylor! Sophia!" Troy said- and the two girls turned around to face us. One of them had long, straight bubblegum pink hair and the other had shorter light blonde hair.

I believe Taylor is the girl who works at The Olive Branch as well.

"Hey!" Taylor said, with a smile, "Meet us outside, okay? We're about to order."

Troy nodded and gave her a smile. He then said to Ezra, "She works at The Olive Branch too."

"Oh. Nice." Ezra said, and I saw her glance at Taylor.

Troy got cookies and cream gelato, Ezra got pistachio, and I got strawberry. I ate a spoonful as we walked outside- and I was immediately in heaven.

"Oh. Wow. This is better than any ice cream I've ever had." I said.

"Agreed." Ezra nodded.

"Even though you got the worst flavor, Ezra- I'm glad you're enjoying." Troy said, in a joking tone.

"Hey, what did pistachio ever do to you?" Ezra said back.

"Exist." Troy responded.

Taylor and Sophia then walked up to us. Taylor had a cone with what looked like chocolate peanut butter gelato, and Sophia had some type of sorbet in her cup.

"Taylor, Sophia- these are my new roommates, Eve and Ezra." Troy said, introducing us.

"It's so nice to meet you!" Taylor said, giving us a sunny smile.

"Hey." Sophia said, giving a more reserved smile.

"Taylor, Ezra is going to be working at The Olive Branch. She just got hired today." Troy said.

"No way!" Taylor said, "I'll show you all the ropes, don't worry."

She then gave Ezra a smile- and Ezra smiled right back.

And I got this sinking feeling that I couldn't shake.

I may have to worry about this one. 

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

88K 1.7K 39
This story is between two young ladies who found love and friendship with each other and explore their sexuality as their paths cross in the universi...
98.5K 4.2K 51
After a tragic accident that nearly destroyed her family Christina find herself on the outside looking in. Nobody seems to notice or care that she is...
414K 18.9K 65
"Was that flirting? It kind of felt like flirting. No. Couldn't be. She just thinks the senior girl is cool, like all of my sister's other friends. I...
119K 5.1K 45
After the summer break, Sasha goes back to Seville and to work with a broken heart and pretty much no idea what the future holds for her. The only pe...