The Dragon's Legacy

By _Savren_

What if Maegor the cruel had a son? A raven haired prince. Born to carry the legacy of his father and grandmo... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen - M
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six - M
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One

Chapter Twenty-Four

1.4K 65 305
By _Savren_

Thank you Cass ♥️

Amethyst made her way down the golden palace's to its Center, to the grand hall of the golden palace.

In the grand hall next to the pillars made of gold, stood Emeera, Amethyst's younger half sister. On her far right, the golden and high throne of Yi-Ti. A throne, one of the few reminders of Great Empire of the Dawn.

Emeera is tall for her age, and a great beauty with her long light brown hair which she always wore in a bun and let her front her loose on her shoulders.

"Sister." Amethyst spoke with no emotion in her voice, for she was not pleased to see the sight of her spoiled younger sister. "I had been told that father wish to speak with us."

"Princess Emeera, your tea." An elderly servent gently stood a few feet behind Amethyst. "Hello, Lian." Amethyst gently smiled as he turned to face the old servent. To which the old servent smiled a small smile.

"Get out of here wench." Emeera spat at the older servent, and turned to Amethyst. "Father will not attend, he has send word that grand Vizir and mother will share the matter with us when they send for us." Emeera empathized on the word mother as she sneered. "Until then I do not wish to see your face, Amethyst." Emeera spat and walked past Amethyst.

Emeera stood in front of the elder servent and shoved the tip of her finger into the cup. Less then a heartbeat later, Emeera grabbed the beautifully crafted glass and threw it on the ground.

The sweet honey tea in the glass smashed the ground and the glass was shattred. "The tea is cold! Don't you know how to keep a fresh tea warm?!" Emeera spoke sharply as if she had caught the older woman stealing.

The servent got on her knees and pressed her forehead to the ground "Please forgive me my princess!" The servent begged. "There better be no glasses here when I return." Emeera spat. "Or I will tell my mothe–"

"I believe your mother, the empress, is terribly missing you. So leave." Amethyst smiled a smile filled with poison as she pressed her teeth together. Lion of the night... grant me patience... Amethyst thought to herself. "Now."

"Have fun with your ancient lover." Emeera sneered and left. You spoiled fool... Amethrys thought to herself.

Amethyst walked and sat on her knees in front of the elder servent and with her bare hands started to grab broken pieces of the glass. "Princess please I will do it!" The elder servent begged. "No." Amethyst spoke determined, and pressed her teeth together as pieces of glass broke her skin and blood dripped down. "Now help me to clean this."

___________________________________

"Why do you do this Amethyst?" Zhea asked as she cleaned the cuts on Amethyst's hand gently took the small pieces of glass stuck in her flesh out.

Zhea was the daughter of the late elder medic of the golden palace, and Zhea had taken over as one of the healers of the palace, who aided the women of the palace.

Zhea's blood and family tied back to the free city of Qohor. Though they were sold to slavery by the smugglers of Qohor and shipped to Yi-Ti and later sold, bought into service of God-Emperor Lo-Han, so Zhea's father could serve as the elder medic for his knowledge of foreign medicine, due to passing of the former elder medic.

It was not long after Zhea and her family's arrivel at golden palace that Amethyst, the outcasted princess, found a friend and keeper of her secrets in Zhea. And a family in the love of a family that her own did not provide.

Though in a tragic epidemic, less than a year ago, Zhea's family, Amethyst's heart family, passed in the great spring sickness that took the life of many in Yi-Ti. And Yi-Ti still struggled to recover.

"Zhea, please..." Amethyst shook her head as she felt stings, as Zhea removed more glasses from her hand. "... Had I wished for a lesson of life in palace I would have asked."

Zhea shook her head annoyed. "Do you enjoy causing yourself more pain?" Amethyst did not answer. "Do you wish to finally give the empress a reason to claim your head, something she has wished for since you were born?"

The hatred the Empress bore for Amethyst was well known, so was her mistreatment of her. Though it reached the God-Emperor Lo-Han's ear, he simply could not be bothered with the affairs between his Empress and his children by the Empress and Amethyst.

"Princess?" A young lady asked as she knocked on the nursery's beautifully crafted wooden door.

"Yes?" Amethyst spoke. The young lady who wore simple clothes opened the door and bowed. "The Grand Vizir and the empress await you in the great hall, by the golden table."

"Thank you Ming." Amethyst smiled a small smile and turned her head to Zhea. "We will speak no more of this."

___________________

As Amethyst entered the grand hall, she saw that her two half brothers and half sister were already present in the hall and seated behind the golden table. Grand Vizir and Empress were standing on the steps in front of the golden throne, watching over the table. The empress looked at Amethyst and her lips formed a shape of displeasure and anger.

Amethyst looked away from the Empress's cutting glare. The sooner this is over the better. Amethyst thought to herself.

Amethyst took a seat behind the golden squire table. "Where were you girl?" The Empress spoke with resentment. Amethyst's half siblings looked at her. "Do you have no respect for the calls and being present when asked for?" The Empress spoke with a sharp tone, but then she hummed and smirked. "A courtesy of the company you keep. What else was I expecting?"

Amethyst looked down as she bit her tongue and then held her head high and spoke firmly. "Forgive me, Empress." To which Empress hissed and looked sway.

The grand Vizir spoke as he cleared his throat gently and spoke to the royal children of the God-Emperor. "My royal princes and princesses. A guest of high importance is to arrive in our shores within a moon." The grand Vizir spoke. "Everything must be ready for our guest is to arrive and he will remain here until an arrangement is formed between our realm and his."

"Who is coming here?"  Amethyst asked. For she and her siblings had never received a notice for heads up for a guest. Whomever this guest is, he must be of great importance. Amethyst thought to herself.

"Prince Daemion Targaryen." The Empress spoke.

"Who is he?" Amethyst asked softly, as she had no clue of the prince they spoke of,

"Of course, you wouldn't know harlot." Emmera sneered. "You spened all of your time with that Qohorish bitch and she has never told you of him? They say he challanged and killed the commander of the sellwords in Qohor, and fed his corpse to his scarlet black Dragon."

"Be mindful of the words you speak darling sister, for they do not befit a princess." BuGai spoke without looking at Emeera, and slowly turned his head in Amethyst's direction.

"He's the grandson of Visenya and Aegon Targaryen, the king and queen known as conquerors of Westrose. Son to their second son, Maegor Targaryen. A brutal man that they call the cruel." Prince BuGai spoke, calm and elegent as ever as he looked at Amethyst.

BuGai were his light brown hair wrapped on top of his head, and his slender figures made him look younger than he was. Standing at an avrage height and always wearing simple golden robes which represented the golden empire. Second-born son to the God-Empreor Lo-Han and his empress, perhaps the wisest and most elegent of Amethyst's half siblings, and perhaps even Amethyst's favourite sibling, for he did not insult her, for BuGai did not make a sport of insults, but of books and his studies.

"I've heard that he is bastard." Prince Jumong spoke as he rolled a small knife around his fingers. "Wearing the blackest shade of black on his head rather than silver gold hair of Valyria. And that he is beautiful as a maiden." Jumong paused before continuing. "And of what the rumours of what he did to the commander of the sellswords of Qohor, he sounds like some what of a decent warrior."

Jumong, the first born son to Empreor Lo-Han and his empress, and a renowned monster. Always shaving his light brown hair short, and the tallest man in every place he walked into. Born a warrior, he lusted after nothing but violence. Some said that if death was ever to come for him, he would battle death itself to oblivion. Some whispered that he was the mightiest warrior to ever grace the world, to which Amethyst did not disagree with.

"Dear brother, he may not have Valyrian silver hair, but according to what I have heard of him, he bears the rarest colour of eyes, even by the standards of old Valyria. Deep violet eyes... Now that if you do not see or believe it as proof of his legitimacy, then you are a fool brother." BuGai spoke calmly as ever.

"But why send a prince of the realm so far? He is a son of a second son yes, but still a prince..." Amethyst asked softly. "... does the King, queen or even his own father does not care that he may die in a foreign land?"

"I would guess as the black sheep... well dragon, of his family, they do not pay him much mind." BuGai spoke softly.

Grand Vizir looked at Amethyst with emotionless eyes. "Matters not to us why it is him. All it matters is that we prepare to host him." And then looked at the other children of the Emperor. "Prince Jumong, prepare the men of the army to look as deadly as ever so the prince can see the all might of out empire. Prince BuGai, you will keep the account of the gold that we shall be spending. Princess Emeera, aid the Empress in any matter you she wishes you so."

After a moment of silence, Amethyst spoke. "What of me?"

The Grand Vizir looked at the Empress, so the Empress began speaking as if she had been asked to dig a grave.

"You shall not taint this Amethyst. You shall be present when we are to receive the prince, but that will be all." The empress spat with a smile, as if Amethyst laid heavy on her tongue. "There after, stay out of sight. We do not wish to present whores who keep the company of her likes, the servants to the prince."

____________________________________

Later that night, Zhea entered Amethyst's chambers to clean Amethyst's hand wounds once more.

"Have you ever heard of Daemion Targaryen? Amethyst asked as they sat down behind the desk and gave her palm to Zhea.

Zhea looked at Amethyst with slightly raised eyebrows. "I have. How have you heard the bastard prince's name?"

"Matters not. What can you tell me about him?" Amethyst asked.

"There is not much that I know, or anyone would know in fact." Zhea spoke as she cleaned Amethyst's hand. "He is one for mystery."

"Why is that?" Amethyst asked.

"He was born different from the members of his house. The rumours of him being a bastard, was spread, some say that his own grandfather, the king, even encouraged them." Zhea spoke as she threw the bandage's down and brought a clean one. "And when he was a child his father, Maegor Targaryen, took him away, and that is where his story ends."

"Is there nothing more?" Amethyst asked disappointed, as she had hoped to learn more.

"No, unless you wish to hear rumours about him." Zhea spoke.

"What rumours?" Amethyst asked.

"Rumours that suggest that an inhumanly beautiful long raven hair man with deepest shades of violet was seen in Tyrosh and the day after his visit, the grand merchant died in his asleep because his soul was drained by the raven hair man to keep his beautiful apparence." Zhea softly said as she chuckled softly to herself.

"Had I wanted stories, I would have read more about the holy isle of Leng." Amethyst mockingly spoke to which made Zhea chuckle a bit louder, and following her Amethyst too chuckled.

A man of mystery is to set his foot in the golden palace...  Amethyst thought to herself as she thought of the unknown prince. Daemion Targaryen...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.7K 1K 13
Jaenys was born of blood both hot and cold, her father was a Targaryen and her mother was a Stark. When the Stranger claimed her mother on the birthi...
4.6K 288 9
"πƒπŽ π˜πŽπ” 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 π–πŽππƒπ„π‘, π‹πˆπŠπ„, π–π‡πŽ 𝐄𝐋𝐒𝐄 πˆπ’ π…π”π‚πŠπˆππ† π˜πŽπ”π‘ πŒπ€π?" β˜† ...
46.5K 1.5K 21
"You look just like your mother." "I guess I do carry her tenderness well." "You both have the same eyes." "We are both exhausted." "And the hands."...
25.4K 664 25
- The story begins with Jaehaera Velaryon, the second daughter of Aethan Velaryon and ends with Jaehaera Targaryen, the bastard daughter of Aegon the...