My Only Hope(Newt x Reader)

By IDareYouToRead

Harriet and Sonya were the only girls from Maze B to make it out of WCKD, right?It was to late for everyone e... More

Introductions and Important Information
1) Still Alive
2) The Morning Trip
3) Separated Team
4) An Impossible Promise
5) Adorable and Awkward
6) Unwanted Questions
7) Soulmates
8) Mistakes
9) Letters
10) Guard Dogs
11) Chains
12) Same Story Different Eyes
13) The Betrayal
15) Obvious Realizations
16) Guilt
17) Second Family

14) Chaotic Duo's

84 8 0
By IDareYouToRead

Sonya's P.O.V

As I kept sitting on the top of the mountain my eyes were still waiting for one of my friends. Each day neither of them came. As much as I hoped for them to show up how would they even know how to properly get here?

Y/N did have an idea, but that wasn't a guarantee. We barely found these guys. We ended up bribing someone in this town just for information. He was a total jerk about it too. He owned some club which basically took advantage of people not in their right mind so that didn't surprise me though.

The point is I don't think they're really going to make it here. Plus, we're leaving this place soon since we're still on the move.

All I can do is hope they're safe.

Your P.O.V

Somehow, I think I was safer before I met these guys. While I'm thankful to have Aris back it came at the cost of being in bad situations. In fact, I wouldn't be here if Minho had minded his business.

"When exactly is this place supposed to blow?"I asked, trying to estimate how much energy I should be putting into this run.

"You'll see,"She promised. Accepting that as her final answer I kept following her lead to somewhere. Blindly doing so seems like a terrible idea, but there aren't a lot of options.

As we kept running up some stairs a sudden, old-fashioned, slow melody blared throughout the building. That's when it hit me. We have until the song ends to not be killed in an explosion. Fantastic. I love having at most four minutes to not be indirectly murdered by these psycho's.

Now fueled by adrenaline (and not wanting to die by their hands) I followed her over to high metal beams that were clearly unstable.

Right behind me the first explosive went off. Refusing to look down I kept moving. Taking a breath I imagined it was just like climbing with Andrea. While pretending there wasn't any true danger I made my way to the other side.

Unexpectedly, a beam fell onto the bar next to me resulting in this one vibrating. Before I could drop I wrapped my fingers around the cold metal. My arms almost instantly started shaking as I tried to pull myself up. It was almost no use though as my sweaty and recently bloody hands were refusing to cooperate with me.

Just as I thought I had it I started falling. Barely having a second to scream I was still in the middle of panicking when someone grabbed my hand. For once, I accepted their help as they kept a firm grip on my wrists. Groaning in pain but more determined to make it now that someone else's life was on the line I used all the strength I could muster to pull myself back into safety.

Standing up, I saw Newt keeping a careful eye on me. With the song almost over I just frantically gestured for him to get off this thing. He turned around and started running as fast as was safe, every now and again glancing back to make sure I was still there. Each time I just kept urging him to keep running.

Getting to the edge of the metal he jumped off of it. Ignoring my racing heart I followed his lead, making a wide leap. Almost stumbling, I managed to regain my balance last minute as both my feet connected with the ground.

Just as quickly as we had a moment of peace it ended as we remembered what else was happening. Sprinting to the others I was surprised to see there were Ziplines rest to go. These freak has planned this?

I guess I can think about that later if I'm not dead. Without hesitating I grabbed the rope before kicking off of the building.

Making sure my feet were firmly in the hole I swung forward to increase my speed. As I approached the ground I did a duck and roll. Standing up I kept a lookout for Newt who had followed me here. Thankfully, he did so safety. Well almost.

Instead of landing properly he hit the ground with a hard thud. I held out my hand and pulled him up. He looked okay. Obviously more roughed up, but it didn't seem to be anything too serious.

"Are you okay?"I checked.

"Yeah. Are you?"

"For this situation I'd say so,"I shrugged.

After making sure we were alright we ran to join the others. Barely a second later there was an explosion. Seriously? The current world wasn't hot enough for them?

"Hey guys. I don't want to be the one to mention this, but Thomas isn't here,"Frypan stated as soon as we were in earshot.

"Excuse me?"I asked, snapping my head around.

"He's not with us right now. I think-"
"He's with Brenda on their way to Scorch city,"Someone else said. To be more specific the guy who absolutely nobody wanted here.

"Come on. Why are you with us and Thomas isn't?"I groaned.

"That's a bit harsh."

"You were basically ready to kill us you psycho! I'd say that's way worse!"I exclaimed, crossing my arms as I glared at him.

Then, there was a really, really unpleasant thought. I don't know where Scorch city is, and these guys definitely don't. That means we would have to team up.

For the thousandth time today screw us I guess. We cannot catch a break, and apparently that wasn't ending anytime soon.

At least, I have an idea of how to handle this. Not that he'll like it, but I don't care what he does and doesn't like. I care about getting my idiotic, sort of friend, back.

Minho's P.O.V

I can't shucking believe that we're supposed to trust someone that tied us up. He literally tried to sell us back to WCKD, and we're supposed to blindly follow his word? If Thomas were here I would have just walked away with everyone. Unfortunately, he's with that random girl. This really is our only chance to get to him.

"Wait. Before we just do what he says I have an idea,"Y/N spoke up. I was more than ready for whatever she would come up with.

"Let's just give him a little proof we know how to deal with him if it comes to it,"She suggested, pulling out her glass.

"No!"
"Yes!"I exclaimed as everyone else was apparently against this.

"I wasn't going to kill him. I was just going to give him a tiny, little cut. Watch,"She demonstrated, aggressively slicing the air. Somehow, it looked cool.

"We are not going to do that. Let's just tie him up,"Aris suggested.

"Well that's boring,"I mumbled.

"I am right here,"The guy pointed out.

"Believe me. We know. Now we can do this the easy way or my way,"She offered, pulling a rope out of her pocket. How much more stuff did she have?

Without a word the guy slowly got up and looked ready to run. She sighed as she made some kind of circle with the twine before swinging it over his head. She tightened it, and he fell to the ground.

"Andrea wanted to be a cowgirl for a little bit. We practiced lassoing together,"She shrugged as a few people have her a 'why do you know how to do that' look. I just think it's impressive. I like this girl. Maybe she could even teach me how to tie someone up because that was the coolest thing I've ever seen, and I was a Runner.

Newt's P.O.V

I really do think I should keep an eye on them. Don't get me wrong. I love Y/N and Minho.

I don't like the thought of them being a chaotic duo though.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 202 48
Book 2 of Transport You returned home to safety, where you weren't constantly fighting for your life.This should bring you relief, but there's somet...
4.1K 45 14
The Glade was something you'll never forget, the maze was something you'll never forget. But now that you've escaped it all, the Scorch is something...
20.4K 191 98
"I know it's hard to believe, but I never wanted this. I didn't mean to go this far. I only wanted the pain to stop." After waking up in the Maze, Y...
404 12 12
Book 3 of A Beautiful Distraction (Aris Jones x Reader) Years later in the Safe Haven you can finally live your best life.It's better than you could...