Lose You To Love Me (Mafia Ro...

Por notjustarandomgirl

Amelia Astoria, under an old pact with her grandfather and the Don of the Costra Nostra that runs New York Ci... Más

CHAPTER 0
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
Chapter 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56

CHAPTER 23

12.3K 259 99
Por notjustarandomgirl

CHAPTER 23 - MAYBE, JUST MAYBE

"So, basically he is giving you an out, or a choice to get out of your marriage."

"What?" My brows knit together in confusion as I processed what Selena had said.

It's been two days since Theo came over to the Casa, and I haven't seen him since. I hate to admit that I missed him. I didn't want to especially after what he told me about being with someone at the hospital. It hurts to think that he was with someone else, and knowing that that someone is no other than Penelope.

Damn them!

Theo continues to send me messages though, more like reminders, to eat, stay safe or call if I need anything.

Like that would be enough to make up for and make me forget what he did.

Anyway, it's a good thing I was staying at the Casa instead of our home so I wouldn't have to risk running into him again and being reminded of the pain he caused me.

Besides, staying at the Casa was exactly what I needed especially after what happened. I still stand by what I reasoned for staying here though; to help Theo in some way.

True enough, the Casa was safe, heavily guarded and protected. I felt a sense of security here. But after my recovery, it got lonely as I have nothing else I could do. Like gardening, cooking and reading in the backyard, like I do at the Villa.

And looking after Theo's needs.

I purposely ignored that last thought.

So instead of sulking, I told the Don I'd like to go out and meet Selena. He agreed to it, happy for me even. He said that's what I need.

And here I am, at an Italian restaurant tucked away from the city. While I need safety, Selena needs privacy, away from the prying eyes of the paparazzi and the public.

This is the life of a celebrity – having to always be on guard and watchful, being cautious of who you trust and where you go. Being constantly aware of your surroundings. To be away from the eyes of many as well.

Well, it's not much different from being a mafia's wife, trying to keep out of sight and not draw too much attention.

In either case, both need to be discreet and private.

And this is just the perfect place.

I filled Selena in on what's been happening with me, and that was her comment right after I told her the latest one.

As she took the last bite of her tiramisu, she added, "Don't you think it's time to leave him? I mean, what does he have against you? Even the Don is now on board to separate you two."

"That is not true." I told her in a stern tone.

Selena raised her brow at me in a challenging manner. "Oh, stop being so defensive and naive, Amelia. You can't convince me that all of this is just a coincidence. You know what, I think the Don finally realized he made a mistake and is now looking for an opening to make things right. This was the perfect opportunity to release Theo from his duties as your husband. And who knows? Maybe Theo deliberately slacked off so the Don would finally put a stop--"

"S!" My voice rose. I didn't realize that my tone had become so sharp and defensive until I heard the sudden silence in the room. Everyone was looking at me with surprise, and I felt embarrassed for losing my temper. I apologized and kept my head low.

"Wow." Selena breathed out and sipped her martini.

"Even though Theo lacks husband-related duties, he always puts my safety and well-being first. So, he wouldn't do anything that will cause me any harm. He will protect me no matter the cost. I'm sure of that." I said with conviction in my voice.

I want Selena to understand how much Theo cares for me and how protective he is of me. I want her to debunk her theory that Theo purposely put my life in danger so the Don would take action.

"If all you need is someone to protect you, you should hire a bodyguard then. Your husband is a cheater and useless. Well, at least he is honest."

I kept my mouth shut, I didn't argue any further. Whatever I'll say, Selena will just stick to her opinions. I didn't have anyone to talk to about this, only Selena. But I wasn't sure if her opinions were biased because she hated Theo to the core, or it was the truth.

Truth that I refuse to accept.

Sensing my silence, I heard Selena took a deep sigh. "Look, I may say harsh words and stuff, but only because I'm looking out for you. I care about you."

"I know that. It's just that," I hesitated for a bit. I knew that whatever I say, Selena would just judge my next statement. But I still had to say it. "Theo is confusing. There were times we would be this cold and distant human being, then all of a sudden, he would be affectionate or make me feel I'm important to him. I'm not sure if I exaggerated that, though. But still."

My best friend just stared at me. I wasn't sure if it was with pity or understanding. She drank the rest of her margarita and ordered another one. "Or maybe you just want this marriage to work and that's why you're accepting whatever you receive from him?"

I avoided her gaze and looked away, not wanting to admit that maybe she was right. I didn't want to admit to myself that maybe I was settling for less than what I deserved.

Maybe.

"Don't you think it's time to explore your options?"

"What?"

She rolled her eyes at my one-word response as if it was the dumbest thing she had ever heard. "I mean, have you considered leaving your husband and maybe, just maybe try this Lukas guy?"

"Oh my god, Sel!" My voice was sharp and laced with disbelief. I couldn't believe she was actually suggesting this!

"What? He seems really nice, coming from a cold-hearted mafia clan. Also, he seems genuinely and obviously concerned about your safety and well-being, too. See, it's like killing two birds with one stone. A protector and possible husband. Someone you can actually build a family with!"

I was so shocked that I gulped down an entire glass of red wine in one go. "You're crazy. I shouldn't have come here."

Selena gave me one of her signature smirks, as if she knew something. "You just need a push, Lia. Deep down, I think you're considering this--"

"I'm not!"

"Otherwise, you would wear your wedding ring, right?"

I looked at my left hand and stared at where my wedding ring once was. I haven't worn it since I removed it before my MRI. It's still on my bedside table, the same place Theo put it. I couldn't bear to look at it. It's a reminder of my feeling of rejection and sadness that I can't seem to shake.

Do I really want to leave this marriage?

Is what Selena said true?

"Just in time, your prince charming awaits." Selena gushed as she motioned for me to turn around.

I furrowed my brows first before following her instructions, unsure of what to expect. Then, I saw a familiar man wearing a black T-shirt. His blonde hair was slicked back. He had a pair of aviator sunglasses perched on top of his head and his hands were shoved into the pockets of his black jeans.

"Go ahead, I'll take care of the bill." She said with a big grin on her face. "Don't let your prince wait. Go!"

"Stop it, S. I'm married, okay? Maybe he's here because the Don asked him to come and pick me up." I reasoned out.

Like seriously, why is she acting like this?

"Whatever you say, princess."

I ignored her comment and stood up. I air kissed her goodbye, turned around, and walked away.

"Hey," I greeted Lukas with a smile.

"Did you enjoy your time with your best friend? I didn't show up too early, did I?" Lukas flashed me with a smile. Surprisingly, or not, it has caught the attention of the female species around us. They were looking at us.

Is this a Salvatore thing?

"Not really, we were just finishing up. Anyway, sorry that the Don asked you to come here and..."

"The Don didn't ask me anything like that." Lukas interrupted.

I looked at him, a little puzzled, not understanding why he was here if not for that. Sensing my confusion, Lukas continued. "Who do you think convinced the Don to let you get out and enjoy? Well, I promised him I'd be around to keep you safe so."

"What?" I asked with a laugh. I didn't expect that! But then I shouldn't be so surprised, right? After what happened, I should have known that one guard, the driver, was not the only one escorting me out.

But Lukas has a lot more on his plate than just doing something so basic like this. Did he really offer to babysit me so I could go out and have a break?

But...

"But, aren't you afraid someone might see you with someone and use it against you? Well, that's what I always think since Theo keeps us private, and never really out together. And like Theo, you're one of the important Salvatores, too."

"Well, if I have a beautiful wife, I'd be proud to show her off." Lukas smirked at me and opened the passenger's seat door. "I know how to fight, Lia. So why would I be afraid?"

-END OF CHAPTER 23-

A/N: I hope you're liking this story so far! And yeah, I read your comments and there were lots of #TEAMTHEO reacted! hahaha. yeah, I hear you guys. But this is a competition so... who will it be? Lukas or Theo?

You can read the advance chapters (currently on Ch30) on my Patreon Account: notjustarandomgirl, also I put the Link in my bio.  Do check out my TikTok account for my LYTLM vids there. username: notjustarandomgirl00

See You next week!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

852K 21.4K 58
I would never admit this to anyone for as long as I lived, and I was going to hell for thinking it, but Theo Romano was hot when he was angry. It was...
1.6K 181 24
*PUBLISHED ON KINDLE* Amelia Diaz is an average woman with an average desk job, the highlight of her day consists of her daily visit to the small cof...
148 5 21
Katherine has always had a dark past, fears she can't get through, demons she can't slay, desires just in front of her but too far to reach, she may...
12K 1.3K 50
I kicked the doors open which lead me into a massive hall filled with people with dresses which screamed richness.As I looked around I saw the man wh...