Avoid the Spider-Verse (Spide...

By Beansanyone

My name's Y/n L/n, and I'm the one and only Spider-Man. I'm pretty sure you know the rest. More

A/N
The One and Only Spider-Man
Not The Only One
Are there Others?
It was That Easy
Friends
Nice to Meet You
Spider-Men
Save it for Comic-Con
My Name Is...
Help
Nowhere Left to Run
Gotta Be Me
See You Never
HUH!
Elevate
Danger
Scared of The Dark
The Spider-Society
Nonviolent Communication
No Turning Back

Invincible

498 17 0
By Beansanyone

We open on Y/n in the Spider-Sociey's cafeteria. He sits alone and chews on a Spider-Man themed burger, served by Spider-Man chefs.

Y/n: So, we're you a chef before you were Spider-Man or did you happen to get interested in the culinary arts after the fact?

Spider-Chef: Oh, cooking is my life. I just do Spider-Man stuff if I can ever scrape together some spare time. That's why I'm here cooking meals instead of rounding up supervillains for Miguel.

Y/n: Huh.

Over the past weeks, Y/n had become more trusting of the Spider-Society. Though one thing that still makes him uneasy is how calculated everything feels. As if everyone there had an exact purpose.

Lyla: Excuse me, Y/n?

Y/n looks down at his wristwatch, seeing Lyla projected out of the device. He brings his wrist closer to his face so the two can easier communicate.

Y/n: Hmm?

Lyla: You've been selected for another assignment, you know the drill.

Y/n: Sure do, I'll be right there.

Y/n hangs up the call, dropping any sense of urgency in his voice as he finishes big burger. He then slowly leaves the cafeteria and takes his sweet time getting to the war room. When he gets there, he sees Miguel stood by a new Spider he hasn't yet been introduced to.

Miguel O'Hara: Y/n, this is Spider-Woman. She'll be your partner for this assignment.

Jessica Drew: Oh, God. Please just call me Jess. Do you have any idea how many Spider-Women there are here?

Y/n: And yet we're still missing one.

Y/n has not been able to shake Gwen and Miles from his mind. Every single time he left his home dimension to enter the society he couldn't help but wonder what they'd think of the place.

Miguel O'Hara: I know being angsty is our most famous trope but I'm gonna need the two of you to focus up, please.

They turn their attention to Miguel's holographic display, highlighting the typical schtick. The wrong baddie in the wrong universe.

Miguel O'Hara: The two of you are going to Earth 4015.

Y/n: 4015? That's where Spider-Chef's from.

Miguel O'Hara: Ye- wait, how did you know that?

Y/n: We're friends.

Miguel O'Hara: Okay... anyway, I've plugged in the co-ordinates into Jess' watch already. Just follow her through the portal and you can bust up whichever bad guy's in there.

Y/n: Bosh.

Jess opens a portal gate, herself and Y/n stare into it, hypothesising on the wonders that could be on the other side.

Miguel O'Hara: Feel free to go.

Jess rides her motorcycle (she has a motorcycle) through the portal as Y/n prepares to follow.

Miguel O'Hara: What's keeping you?

Y/n: Nothing. Just... this is my favourite bit!

Y/n screams with glee as he practically dives through the portal. He marvels at his surroundings -trying to spot any dimensions he recognises- before being spit out on Earth 4015.

Jessica Drew: What took you?

Y/n: Nothing. Love the bike by the way, nice touch.

Jessica Drew: Thanks.

They take the time to observe their surroundings. The dimension does not appear to be too different from your standard New York, with the odd Spider-Chef billboard here and there.

Y/n: Good for him. Good for him.

Y/n and Jessica then experience the all too familiar buzzing of their Spider-Sense. They turn to see a hulking beast made up entirely of graves.

Jessica Drew: Oh, don't tell me...

Coming to the same realisation as Jess, Y/n bursts into hysterics- almost collapsing as a result of laughing so hard.

Y/n: Oh! Oh, I get it! It's Tombstone! Oh, God, that's... that's funny...

Jessica Drew: Hilarious.

Tombstone: GRAAAAAH!

Y/n throws one of Miguel's capture devices at Tombstone, but the monster bats it away- instead trapping a stray cat. Y/n gasps and turns to Jess

Y/n: Can we keep it?

Tombstone rips a grave off of his shoulder- revealing a caked layer of mud, perhaps the monster's so called flesh. He throws the slab at the Spiders as Y/n leaps out of the way and Jess swerves her bike.

Y/n: Looks like we've made a pretty grave error!

Jessica Drew: Shut up!

While Jessica rides laps around Tombstone to distract him, Y/n grabs the slab that the monster threw at him- running towards Tombstone and striking him across the face with it. Tombstone remains unscathed though the grave Y/n holds has turned to rubble.

Tombstone: Grr...

Tombstone attempts to punch Y/n, though the Spider is of course able to dodge. The pair continue their efforts to wear out the villain, though they start to lose their own stamina.

Y/n: God, it's like trying to get blood out of a stone!

Jessica Drew: I get it, he's a big rock!

Tombstone brings his fist down on Y/n who has to use both hands to catch it, falling to a crouch position under his weight. Jess rams Tombstone with her bike- getting him off Y/n.

Y/n: What's the odds Miguel sends us after an invincible enemy?

Jessica Drew: Oh, we are gonna be having words when I get back...

Shaking the rubble off of himself- Tombstone stands opposed to Y/n and Jessica as they devise a plan, the behemoth slowly running towards them.

Y/n: What do we do?

As Tombstone approaches further, he tears another grave off of his body to use as an impromptu weapon. Jessica notices this, and cooks up an idea.

Jessica Drew: I got something.

She revs her motorbike's engine, preparing to speed off as Tombstone finally begins to make some pretty serious ground.

Y/n: You wanna share what that is?

Jessica Drew: Keep your distance!

She shoots off. Y/n looks back to Tombstone only to see him tearing up for a strike. Y/n is barely quick enough to dodge as the stone shatters against the lamppost that was behind him. For the next ten or so minutes: Spider-Man adopts Jessica's strategy- allowing him to expend all of his graves until there were practically none left.

Y/n: Is that stuff his skin?

That 'stuff' is a mixture of mud, Earth and vines. It holds the monster together and Y/n hypothesises that perhaps there isn't even a man underneath.

Jessica Drew: That's enough, trap him!

Y/n winces, not wanting to get his suit dirty. He webs himself towards Tombstone and slides through his legs. As he does so: he plants a device given to him by Miguel. The gizmo creates an energy field that traps Tombstone inside- rendering him trapped.

Y/n: That's a Team Spider special right there.

Y/n holds out his hand for a fist bump which Jess reluctantly takes. We later see the pair back at HQ, with Tombstone placed inside a small capsule at the centre of an auditorium.

Hobie Brown: Yo.

Y/n looks up to see Spider-Punk descending to his level from the rafters. He removes his mask and stares out at Tombstone being prepped for the "Go Home Machine."

Y/n: What can I do for you, Hobie?

Hobie Brown: Need to chat to ya when you've got a sec.

Y/n: About what?

Hobie Brown: You know what.

Y/n removes his own mask as the pair watches the scene. Spider-Byte works her magic on the console as Tombstone pounds against the walls of his laser cage- small particles of him falling off.

Y/n: This wouldn't be your master plan to bring down the Spider-Society, would it?

Hobie Brown: Not so loud.

The Go Home Machine lights up as Tombstone is blasted away to his home dimension- a blinding white briefly flashing across the room.

Y/n: Why'd you even share your secret plan with me? I could've ratted you out.

Hobie Brown: You agree with me. It's all over your face, mate.

Y/n: Whatever.

Y/n puts his mask back on in response- though Hobie takes it right back off and hands it to him.

Y/n: So, what? Two Spiders are supposed to take on the whole Society?

Hobie Brown: Nah, three. If you can convince your brother.

Y/n: I don't know... it feels like he's pretty sucked in to the whole canon propaganda.

Hobie Brown: Alright. Just an idea.

The sound of a thud alerts the Spiders to a new presence behind them. They turn to see Miguel hunched in a dramatic pose before rising and walking over to them.

Miguel O'Hara: Y/n. Nice work with Tombstone.

Y/n: I can't take all the credit, I couldn't have done it without Jess.

Miguel O'Hara: Yeah, she gave me quite the earful. You ready for another assignment?

Y/n: Sure, what's the op?

Miguel O'Hara: You'll be working with me personally. Apparently there's a particularly nasty misplaced villain over on Earth 19402.

Y/n: Cool, let's go.

Miguel lets out a smirk as the two begin to walk away. Hobie watches them leave, a scheme beginning to form in his mind.

Hobie Brown: Looks like it's on, then.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.4K 1.3K 9
๐—ถ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ณ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ธ๐˜€.
186K 3.6K 23
Your name is Y/N Morales. You're also the adopted brother of Miles Morales! You both have a lot in common and love to hang out together. Although you...
7.2K 394 25
๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ข๐ญ ๐ข๐ฌ, ๐ฒ/๐ง. ๐š ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ฉ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ๐š๐ข๐ญ๐ก. โœง ๐ฆ๐š๐ฅ๐ž ๐ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ง ๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐œ๐ฒ ๐’๐”๐๐…๐‹๐Ž๐–๐„๐‘ - ๐๐Ž๐’๐“ ๐Œ...
3.1K 98 29
Idk. I'll try my best to write a good Spider-man story. It is a reader x Spider Gwen. But it does come later in the story, and with the Spider verse...