OUR NAMES IN THE STARS - [์ œ์ดํฌ]

By nikiiiluvv

BOOK 1 OF THE "STARLIGHT" SERIES ๐™„๐™ฃ ๐™– ๐™ฅ๐™ค๐™ž๐™œ๐™ฃ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฉ ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™ง๐™ฎ, ๐™– ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก ๐™›๐™–๐™˜๐™š๐™จ ๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™จ๐™š๐™š... More

author's note
cast
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
finale
epilogue
bonus

twenty one

342 22 12
By nikiiiluvv

"What happened?"
Doctor Chim asked the ambulance docs while pushing the bed with the unconscious girl on it towards a emergency room. He was running.

"The employee who called us said, ms. Park passed out in the shop. A boy who found her said her pulse was very low. When we arrived her pulse completely faded. We don't even have any heartbeats yet"
The nurse from the ambulance said as she ran next to the doc, arriving at the emergency room pretty quickly.

"Okay, we're gonna save her. Charge to 150, clear!"
He placed the defibrillator on Sana's chest but the monitor still showed no heartbeats.

"Come on, come on... Charge to 150 again, clear!"
The doctor tried again. "We still got nothing, doc" A nurse from behind him said while furrowing her brows.

Another doctor came to place her two hands on Sana's chest, trying to help with doing cpr.
But still, nothing. Not an only little heart beat wanted to show up at the monitor.
"Charge to 200, clear!"
Doctor Chim shouted again while watching the other doc pulling her hands away from the girl's chest. His voice got a little shaky.

"Come on, Sana. I took care of you since you were a baby. You can't just leave like this"
The doc said while pushing the defibrillator again on her chest, feeling the enorm
punches of it.

Still nothing.

"Charge to 250, clear!"
The doctor tried again, wanting to save Sana so badly.

"Charge to 250, clear!"

Still no heartbeats from Sana but Doctor Chim didn't want to give up on her.

"Doctor Chim! Stop... It's too late"
The nurse from behind said with a shaky tone in her voice. She didn't wnat to loose the patient too although she didn't know Sana for so long like Doctor Chim did.

"No, no I won't stop, she has to live!"

Doctor Chim's eyes started to get teary, he even felt a tear rolling down his cheek.
He loved Sana so much, he was so sorry for letting her go through this much on her own in such an early age.

"Doc, take a break. We will continue saving her" The nurse said then, placing her palm on Doctor Chin's shoulder.

"Let me try it one last time"
Doctor Chim replied, wiping away his single tear on his cheek. He felt how the nurse from before pulled away her palm, letting him do what he wanted.

"Charge to 200, clear!"
The man said.

His eyes widened as his ears recognized the continuous beeping of the monitor.
His eyes were focused on the line which went up and down.

"She's back"
The nurse said, exhaling one long time.
A smile escaped the man's mouth just like the other nurses mouths.

"I'm wondering when she is going to wake up"
Doctor Chim sighed while wiping away his sweat formed on his forehead before.

"Hopefully not too long. Her heart might not take a long coma"
One of the nurses said while looking sadly at Sana. She carefully patted the girl's head while watching her peacefully sleeping with her bautiful eyes closed.

"Sana, don't dare to scare me again like this, got it?"
Doctor Chim had to smile a bit as he took a look at the girl.
He was so reassured that luckily he was just able to save her.

"Park Sana is getting hospitalized until she'll wake up"
He shouted then through the examination room.
He received severall nods and smiles from the nurses standing around the girl.

_

"Jake, please stop walking up and down"
Heeseung said nervously as he watched his friend walking through the whole waiting room in the hospital.

"I can't. What if she...."

"Stop thinking about that"
Heeseung shortly closed his eyes while looking seriously at Jake who now stopped the nervous walking.

"Heeseung, I'm really worried. In the shop... Before evrything was okay, Sana was okay.
Why did she suddenly passed out?"
Jake felt again that his eyes started to get teary again. He was so worried about his girlfriend.
Of course he knew she was sick.. But sick like that?

"The ambulance said, that her heart could stop every moment. Jake, I'm sure they can save her"
Heeseung said while trying to ignore the voiced halling through the door of one examination room. Of course both knew Sana was in there.

"Thank you for being here with me, Heeseung. I couldn't do that alone"
Heeseung tried to gift his friend a smile while taking a seat right next to him.
His smile didn't last long unfortunately.

"It's too late..."

He heard the tender voice from the examination room.

"No,no,no. Please don't let this be true"
Jake hid his face in his hands which were leaned on his knees. Tears started to roll down the boy's cheeks. His hands rushed through his hair, touching every of his hair strings which created goosebumps on his soft skin.

"She'll make it"
Heeseung tried not to let the tears roll down his face which were formed in his eyes as he heard the nurse speaking before.
Jake just sobbed in response, can't stop all the tears rushing down his face.
His body winced by the unfamiliar voice appearing in front of himself and Jake.

"Hello"
The older boy, Jiho said as he took the empty seat next to Jake.
Jake was startled, quickly lifting up his head to the boy. His eyes fluttered by the look at the boy.
Somehow he seemed familiar to him. These eyes. Jake could swear he had seen those black eyes which had a small sprinkle of green in them.

"I'm Park Jiho. We haven't met yet. I'm Sana's older brother"
Jiho said. You could he a small tremble in his voice. Sure, he was Sana's brother, he worried about her, just like the boys sitting next to him.

"Oh. I'm Jake, I'm not sure if you heard of me"
Jake wiped away his tears after shaking the guy's hand. Now he definitely remebered those dark eyes with the green sprinkle in them.
Sana had exactly those eyes. And again he had to think about the girl.
He watched Jiho also shaking Heeseung's hand after he introduced himself too.

"You're in a class with her, right?"
Jiho asked, quietly remembering Sana told him once. It wasn't even too long ago when she also told him he brought her to the hospital last time she collapsed.

"Yes. I am"
Jake tried to gift him a smile what worked out pretty well. Still his thoughts were just about the girl's well.

His body winced as he noticed another presence of an unknown person appearing.
It was a nurse, blue clothes, just like every nurse wore in this hospital.
"Mr. Park, could you come for a moment?"

Jiho instantly nodded by the question, standing up from his seat and following the nurse into one of the speaking rooms. Jake nervously played with his necklace, not knowing how and when Jiho would return. If he even would return.

30 minutes.
30 minutes, Heeseung and Jake waited unknowing in the waiting room.
Every minutes which passed, felt like an hour.

But then, after those 30 minutes, Jiho returned.
Jake's eyes fluttered by the look at the older boy. His eyes were red, as if he cried. Fear overcame Jake. No... Did Sana...?

"Would you like to see her?"
Jiho asked, wiping away his tears from before. He reveived a hesitate of the boy sitting across him on the cyan seat. But then, he watched the boy nodding towards him, which made Jiho smile shortly.

Jake stood up, turning around to Heeseung. He waited for his friend but he just received a warmth shook of his head.
"No, it's okay. I want to leave you two alone, just tell me when you're done"
Heeseung gifted his friend a wide smile, although he would surely have wanted to see the girl too. But this was Jake's moment to see her, not his own.

Jake nodded, showing him a short smile before following Jiho.

_

"Just go in there. She's waiting for you"
Jiho smiled at Jake who was confused by this phrase.
But he didn't think for too long before just pushing down the doorhandle, opening the door carefully. Jiho was straight behind him.

Jake's eyes widened as he saw Sana, the girl he loved, lying on a white hospital bed.
Her eyes were closed, but she looked so pretty, he thought.
She was plugged onto a heart monitor which showed her hart beats going slowly up and down.
Those small lines on the screen, reassured Jake so much.

Sana was alive.

"She's in a coma, and no one knows when she's going to wake up. I'm sure she'd be happy if you would visit her sometimes"
Jiho said while watching his sister peacefully sleeping. He placed one of his hands on Jake's shoulder.

Jake couldn't open his mouth to speak, so he just let it closed and continued watching Sana on the bed.

"I'll let you two alone"
Jiho said then before leaving the room after closing the door behind him. Now Jake was alone with Sana, the girl he really loved.

He slowly walked towards the bed as he took the single chair from next to the wide, bright window and sat down on it, now sitting right next to the girl's bed.

"Sana. There's so much which kept saying you're alive in my head.
But actually. Yeah, I was scared. I feared you could have left me. I'd probably tell the others about our relationship yet, if the incident didn't happen.
You know, I told Heeseung and he already knew it in his mind. Obviously, I had feelings for you for a long time now.
I love you, Sana. Please don't ever leave me"

Jake said, holding the girl's hand the whole time.
A tear rolled down his cheek. But it wasn't because of sadness.
Tears of joy.

Tears of joy because his love was alive.
In a coma but alive.

___________

•author's corner•

Yoiiiii
HIIIII

happy first day of November<33
my birthday monthhhh
hope y'all had a great Halloween!

soon we have our first anniversary<3
on Nov 7th, out names in the stars us already 1 month old<3
I'm prob the only one counting the months after release but anyways 💅

love u all:3
and see u in the next chapter<3

~november 1st 2023
8:08pm<33

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142K 7.2K 29
wherein jake's pre-determined life takes a turn when he is forced to sit next to siyeon. ยฉ FLAUVIER 2022 ENHYPEN FANFIC...
208K 7.9K 62
Clara and Heeseung are fundamentally different. She is cheerful, well-behaved and hardworking. The daughter of her mother and more concerned about th...
404K 19.4K 44
๐—ก๐—ผ ๐—บ๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—น๐—ถ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด...๐˜„๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐—ถ๐—ณ ๐˜€๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ ๐˜„๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ด๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜. -- ๐Ÿšจ view...
12.2K 716 34
Jihyun is stuck in a love scandal with someone whom she hates. This person is coincidentally the stubborn Riki on her debate team and her favorite ma...