Avoid the Spider-Verse (Spide...

By Beansanyone

My name's Y/n L/n, and I'm the one and only Spider-Man. I'm pretty sure you know the rest. More

A/N
The One and Only Spider-Man
Not The Only One
Are there Others?
It was That Easy
Friends
Nice to Meet You
Spider-Men
Save it for Comic-Con
My Name Is...
Help
Nowhere Left to Run
Gotta Be Me
See You Never
HUH!
Elevate
Danger
The Spider-Society
Invincible
Nonviolent Communication
No Turning Back

Scared of The Dark

411 16 2
By Beansanyone

Y/n's taxi cab comes to a halt just a few streets away from his house. He steps out, still shaky from the position, and leans into the driver's window.

Y/n: How much do I owe you?

Driver: Mate, you're Spider-Man. On the house.

Y/n: Good... because I don't have any money.

Driver: Do you think I could get a picture, though? My nephew's a big fan.

Y/n obliges and takes a quick picture with the cab driver. Upon reaching his house, he enters through the front door, to tired to crawl up the wall.

Y/n: Anybody awake?

He sees the kitchen light is on, and her mother steps formally though it- as if afraid. He peers through and sees his father slumped over on the table, sitting with terrible posture on a chair.

M/n: There's someone here to see you, in the garage.

Y/n: Who?

M/n: I'm not sure. I think they might be one of those supervillains you're always fighting.

y/n: And you just let them in?

M/n: Of course not! They just... appeared... in there. Like they were dropped out of thin air. They seemed calm enough but they refused to leave until they saw you.

Y/n sighs and puts his mask back on and webs one of his father's golf clubs to him in case he found himself in need of a weapon. As he enters the garage: he sees a large figure standing dramatically with their back towards him.

Y/n: Uhh, hi. If you're a supervillain then you should know that I generally don't accept house calls. But, you didn't know and I'm nothing if not fair. I'm more than happy to kick your ass just this once.

???: I'm not a bad guy.

The figure turns, revealing themselves. They are tall with broad shoulders and no lack of muscle. The mask of the neon suit they wear seems to dissolve to reveal the gaunt and jaded face of the man behind it.

???: My name is Miguel O'Hara. I'm my universe's one and only Spider-Man.

Y/n sighs in frustration and throws the golf club down on the ground. Miguel raises his eyebrow, making no effort to stop the resident superhero.

Miguel O'Hara: Was it something I said?

Y/n: I'm sure you're a lovely guy and all, but I'm in no mood. I'm just generally trying to avoid all this multiverse stuff.

Miguel O'Hara: Oh, really?

His sarcasm isn't taken well on Y/n's behalf. The young Spider turns back around to berate the man who had infiltrated his home.

Y/n: Look, man, I've had a lot on my plate today! The news kept saying I was dead, I got stung by Scorpion, and I keep having weird multiverse dreams!

Miguel stands perfectly still, seemingly unimpressed and unphased by Y/n's outburst. He takes a single step forward and holds something out in the palm of his hand.

Miguel O'Hara: What if I could help with that?

Y/n: What the hell is that thing?

Miguel O'Hara: A device. One that lets the user travel the multiverse at their own free will. Glitch free. You see, I'm the leader of an elite strike force dedicated to cleaning up the mess you and your friends made when you blew up Kingpin's collider.

Y/n: So, what? You think I owe you my help?

Miguel O'Hara: I think you owe the multiverse your help. The explosion you made displaced hundreds of thousands of supervillains in the wrong universes. The longer they're there: the more potential risk they pose to the canon.

Y/n: What? What's the canon?

Miguel calmly shoots a web at the garage's light switch- setting the room pitch black. He drops some devices on the ground which begin to buzz. Y/n's Spider-Sense has not gone off, but he is still wary as the devices come to life.

Miguel O'Hara: Scared of the dark?

Miguel gets no response from Y/n. Noticing this, he ignores his own joke and begins his explanation.

Miguel O'Hara: The canon... is everything.

The devices project orange lights around the room, integrating to show a web- pictures shown in some of the connective joints. Y/n states at one in particular: an image of himself cradling his dead brother.

Miguel O'Hara: Canon refers to Canon Events. Points in history that occur to every Spider-Person, every time. One of them is shown here: one of Spider-Man's loved ones dies in order to show them the true meaning of responsibility... and how they should use their powers.

Y/n looks from the picture to Miguel. The man watches Y/n studiously, though with a strange detached empathy. As if trying to mimic emotion he didn't know how to portray.

Miguel O'Hara: You lost your little brother, Billy. Though others have lost their Uncle Bens, their Aunt Mays... some lose their children.

A brief flicker of sadness passes over his face, though he quickly returns to his cold, macho persona. Y/n steps towards another picture one where his multiversal ally Peter Parker was getting married to a woman Y/n assumed to be the grown up version of Mary Jane Watson.

Miguel O'Hara: Not all Canon Events are bad. Some are pivotal to keep us going. But they're in danger.

Y/n: Danger?

Miguel O'Hara: Those villains I mentioned, the ones that crossed the dimensional boundaries. They're interfering with the natural flow of things. And they could break the canon. They break the canon...

Y/n: They break the multiverse.

Miguel O'Hara: And everyone who lives in it. Convinced?

Y/n removes his mask and holds a trepidatious gaze with Miguel. He begins to step backwards, towards the main house.

Y/n: You think I could tell my family before I leave?

Miguel O'Hara: Of course. I'll wait here.

Y/n thanks him and moves away from the garage. Upon reaching the living room: he completely ignores his parents- charging straight to his room where he picks up a phone, dialling.

Ben Reilly: Yeah?

Y/n: I'm gonna be gone for a while.

Ben Reilly: What's the problem now?

Y/n: More multiverse stuff. Some other Spider-Man just came to try and recruit me.

Ben Reilly: Man. You gonna go?

Y/n: I kind of have to. But something seems off about it.

Ben Reilly: Like what?

Y/n: I don't know... but I don't get the best vibes from this guy.

Ben Reilly: What are you gonna do about it?

Y/n: I'm not gonna do anything. You're gonna do something about it.

There is a long stretch of silence over the phone, Y/n stops to wonder whether or not Ben had left the room.

Ben Reilly: I'm sorry, what?

Y/n: Start a new project. I need a suit.

Ben Reilly: We just made you a new suit.

Y/n: I need armour. For a worst case scenario.

Ben Reilly: And what exactly is this 'worst case scenario?'

Y/n: Maybe not every Spider-Man has a heart of gold.

Ben sighs and Y/n hears the clacking of keys on the other end of the line. His friend stops, leaning back to the phone to ask Y/n a question.

Ben Reilly: Codename?

Y/n: Sorry?

Ben Reilly: We need a codename, dipshit. For your armour.

Y/n looks around the room, his eyes ultimately coming to rest on the polaroid of him and Gwen. He walks closer to the cork board, studying it.

Y/n: Ghost-Spider.

He hangs up without another word, practically marching downstairs. He charges through the living room where his parents are.

F/n: Where are you going, mate?

Y/n: Going to a different dimension again.

F/n: Oh... have fun!

Y/n opens the door to the garage from afar with a web, politely removing it from the doorknob when he reaches it.

M/n: Do you have a packed lunch?

Y/n slams the door behind him without answering. As he enters the garage, Miguel looks up from the welding desk, intrigued by Y/n's Spider Gadgets.

Miguel O'Hara: You ready to go?

Y/n holds out his hand for Miguel to shake, he takes it and Y/n is taken aback by his strong grip- even by Spider-Man standards.

Y/n: My name is Y/n L/n. I'm this universe's one and only Spider-Man.

Miguel let's out the smallest of smiles, fastening the watch to Y/n's wrist and entering co-ordinates for 'Earth 928.' Without warning: an orange, hexagonal portal appears between the two.

Y/n: What the hell is that?

Miguel O'Hara: That is the gateway to your future. You ready?

Y/n is not able to suppress his grin. He looks to Miguel and pulls his mask over his head as Miguel's own mask forms around his face. Y/n begins to bounce on his feet/ preparing to leap into the portal.

Y/n: Here we go...

Miguel jumps first into the portal and Y/n quickly follows. He marvels at the sights of the multiverse. Miguel's portal is far more streamlined than the journey Y/n suffered as a result of Kingpin's collider. He cannot help himself- screaming in glee as he falls through space.

Y/n: WOOOOH HOOOOOOH!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.4K 2.3K 25
## [ 𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐘 ] - 𝔪𝔦𝔩𝔢𝔰 𝔪𝔬𝔯𝔞𝔩𝔢𝔰 ... in which 𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒔 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒂𝒍𝒆𝒔 encounters...
186K 3.6K 23
Your name is Y/N Morales. You're also the adopted brother of Miles Morales! You both have a lot in common and love to hang out together. Although you...
84.3K 1K 34
The spiders are back! It's been two years since the five spider-themed heroes were blown into Miles Morales's dimension. Now they have reunited with...
85.2K 4.8K 38
Every universe has a spiderman. In a universe it could be you, your mom, your uncle, your cousin, even your best friend. This story will follow not o...