How to Fight For Your Dragon

By OneArtsyGamer03

OneArtsyGamer03 here, lovelies... Republishing of "How to Fight for Your Dragon" :) ... Ah, Berk. The seaso... More

This is Berk
Flying Free
Dragon Trappers
Next Plan of Action
Backstory
The Dragon Rider
A Mother's Love
The Dragon's Nest
Bonding
Beautiful as the Day I Lost You
For the Dancing and the Dreaming
Sacrifice
Soul of a Dragon
Battle at Berk
Challenging the Alpha
This is Berk

Defending the Nest

995 55 31
By OneArtsyGamer03

...

Third Person P.O.V

Blast after blast were fired at the Nest, shaking the ice and breaking it apart. Valka staggers outside of the cavern, (M/N) at her side.

Malin whimpers softly as rushes and joins (M/N), looking at the Trappers below. Pieces of ice fall into Valka, Malin blocking (M/N) with her wing.

Drago's fleet of soliders were docked on the land, the army already making their way towards the Nest.

"No..." (M/N) manages out, Valka breathing heavily in anger as more cannons were fired.

"Mom!" (Y/N) shouts, rushing to her side and gasping at the sight of the army.

"Oh, no." Hiccup breathes out, shaking his head as Stoick joins his side.

Valka swiftly turns, marching a few paces as (M/N) quickly follows.

"Mom, wait!" (Y/N) calls, grabbing her hand and stopping her.

"Val," Stoick stops Valka. "Val! It's all right, it's all right. We're all a team, now."

(M/N) takes in a deep breath, exhaling and nodding with a tight smile.

"What do you want to do?"

"We have to save the dragons," Valka instructs, gently setting her hand on Stoick's and her other on Hiccup.

"Aye, you got it!"

"Malin and I will sneak around back and try to get rid of the catapults," (M/N) firmly says, making Malin roar softly with a head nod.

She looks to (Y/N), smiling softly and tightly hugging her.

"Be safe, (Y/N)."

"You too, Mom," (Y/N) quietly replies, hugging her back and pulling away reluctantly.

(M/N) nods with a grin, pulling over her leather hood and racing to Malin, jumping on her back and flying off.

...

Dragons from the Nest angrily roar as they swoop down on the army, ready to protect their home. A dragon dives down, barely dodging a net before crashing into the snow and taking out some of the men.

Armored dragons pull the catapults closer to the Nest, the men all shouting and yelling as they rush forward. Some remain back, firing ballistas and catapults at the icy structure.

A net wraps around a dragon, making it collapse with a whimper. Drago walks next to it, making it hiss angrily as he sneers.

"Whatever comes, keep hitting the mountain." He orders, his men obeying. "We need to draw the Alpha out."

More dragons come from the Nest, blocking the men rushing them and fighting back. Armored dragons fly in, roaring as they attack the Nest dragons.

"Ready the traps!" Drago shouts, making a man nod and grunt as he opens up one of the traps.

It was holding a dragon, it whining and whimpering in fear as it was uncovered. A dragon above roars, diving down to help. It lands inside, only for the trap to snap shut on its wing.

...

A Nadder lands inside a Gronckle's trap, the trap snapping shut and capturing it.

...

A green gas starts to spew from one of the traps, making a man look back in confusion before yelling out as a spark causes it to explode.

"Surprise!" Tuffnut yells with a laugh, the gang all emerging from the traps. "Yeah!"

...

"What?!" Drago bellows when he sees them, growling in anger.

...

Eret cries out, barely managing to hold onto Stormfly as she flies into the air. Fishlegs flies near him with Astrid behind him, whooping.

"You really are full of surprises!" Astrid laughs, leaping from Meatlug onto Stormfly. "Let's go!"

...

"Dragon riders, coming through!" Tuffnut grins as they dive down.

Fishlegs grins as Meatlug steadies herself, "fire!"

She fires a blast, destroying one of the net traps. He swerves around with a triumphant laugh, nodding.

...

Snotlout and Hookfang dive down, Hookfang spewing fire and melting another of the traps as Snotlout laughs.

...

Tuffnut and Ruffnut have Barf and Belch cover the traps in gas, knowing the fire wouldn't hurt the dragons. Stormfly swoops past them, lighting the gas on fire and breaking the traps.

Dragons break free from their chains, quickly flying out of the traps.

...

"Cut. Them. Down!" Drago angrily yells, his men scrambling to fire traps.

...

Tuffnut and Ruffnut yelp as they try to avoid traps, Ruffnut slipping from Barf.

"Eret, son of Eret!" She cries as he and Astrid watch from afar, unable to help in time.

Ruffnut continues screaming when she was suddenly grabbed, making her eyes widen as she gasps. Snotlout caught her left hand, Fishlegs having caught her right.

Time seems to slow as she looks between them, a love-sick grin appearing on her face.

...

Stormfly roars as she swerves to avoid traps, making Astrid gasp as she looks back.

"Up, girl! Lean left, Eret! That's it!" She nods, sighing in relief as they avoid the blasts, ice crackling and startling to fall. "Look out!"

"I got ya!" A familiar voice laughs, making Astrid gasp softly as she looks back.

(M/N) was on the back of Malin, smirking as Malin breathes fire and quickly melts the ice threatening to collapse on them.

"(M/N)?! You're-- you... Oh my gods!" Astrid laughs, making Eret look back in confusion. "You're alive!"

"Last I checked I was!" She replies with a laugh. "You're all grown up, Astrid!" (M/N) grins, "nice taste in dragons, too!"

Malin shyly rumbles at Stormfly, making her roar happily back with a purr.

Astrid laughs before gasping as more netting was fired at them, cannon balls shot at them as well.

"Watch out!" Astrid shouts, (M/N) grunting as Malin swiftly dives down and out of the way. "Eret! Go left--!"

The ice was suddenly shattered, revealing Stoick, Hiccup, (Y/N) and Gobber.

(D/N) roars, turning with Toothless as they fly at a fast speed. Hiccup was now wearing his mask, (Y/N)'s blade safely attached to her hip.

Toothless dives down, the Night Fury's famous sound echoing in the air as he does this, and he fires a plasma ball at a trap, destroying it. (D/N) swoops the other direction, preparing his fire and sweeping down as he melts multiple traps as men scream.

"Take them down!" A man shouts, readying his bow and aiming at (Y/N).

"Heads up!" Gobber shouts, Grump lowering his massive tail and striking the line of men in the head, knocking them out as Gobber laughs.

...

(M/N) grunts as Malin jerks upward, spiraling to avoid netting before she dives down, blowing fire in between men and trapped dragons.

The netting trapping the dragons easily burns off, freeing them.

...

Drago growls angrily as he looks around, pausing and swiftly looking back as (D/N) swoops near and flies next to Toothless.

"Dragon masters..."

...

"Well, well, well! If it isn't Eret, son of... Hmm, I forget. What was it?" (Y/N) teases, making Eret nervously chuckle as Astrid grins.

"Welcome aboard, dragon rider!" Hiccup greets with a wide smile, lifting his mask.

"Oh, thanks! I think," Eret awkwardly replies, struggling to control Stormfly.

"Where have you two been?" Astrid questions. "You know, besides somehow finding (M/N)!"

"Well... Let's just say she isn't the only Mom we found," (Y/N) replies with a smirk, Hiccup smiling when he sees Valka on Cloudjumper.

(Y/N) jerks her head to Valka, making Astrid look up before gasping, Eret looking her in awe.

She was wearing her full set of armor, her staff battle-ready as the Alpha bursts from the Nest, roaring loudly as she raises her staff higher.

"That's your mother?!" Astrid questions in awe, snapping her head to look back at Hiccup.

"Now you know where I get my dramatic flair!" Hiccup jokes, smirking at (Y/N) before lowering his mask, the two turning and diving down together.

The Alpha continues to break through the Nest with another furious bellow, Valka moving ahead with Cloudjumper.

...

"The Alpha! Now we have a fight!" Drago maliciously smiles, glaring at the Alpha.

...

The Alpha roars as he breathes frost out, making men shout as the ice destroys the traps.

Valka swings her staff around, instructing dragons on what to do and where. They obey, several Zipplebacks enveloping themselves in gas as they start rolling along the snow, lightning themselves on fire and blasting through the army.

A trap snaps shut on one of them, making it roar in pain.

...

"(Y/N)!" Hiccup calls, making her nod as she and (D/N) swoop down towards the trap.

Hiccup grunts when he sees a man aiming a ballista at her, making him glare at him with a growl under his breath.

"Come on, Toothless. Show them what you got, bud," he says to Toothless, making him roar as he dives towards the man.

He avoids the fired netting, blasting the ballista to pieces as (D/N) destroys the trap, freeing the Zippleback.

Hiccup laughs, cheering as Toothless spins around and joins (D/N)'s side.

"That's my beautiful, strong girl!" Hiccup cheers, making (Y/N) snicker and look over.

"And that's my handsome dragon man!" She replies, making him laugh and shake his head.

...

(M/N) gasps and yells as an armored dragon nearly tackles Malin, making her cry out as she fights it off.

A moment later Cloudjumper dives down, grabbing the armored dragon and carelessly tossing it away as Malin joins his side with a soft rumble of thanks.

"Thanks, Val!" (M/N) calls, making Valka look over with a nod before tilting her head as (M/N)'s eyes widen. "Look out!"

Valka swiftly turns just as a netting was wrapped around her, making Cloudjumper fall from the sky and crash into the snow. Valka lands a few feet from him, sliding and landing on her feet with a grunt.

She looks over at Drago as he approaches with a snicker, glaring at her.

(M/N) flies closer, making Valka silently hold up her hand to her. (M/N) grunts and sighs, reluctantly returning to her task to destroy the traps.

"I've waited a long time for this," Drago smirks, easily deflecting Valka's strikes as she attacks him with her staff.

"You cannot take our dragons!" Valka shouts, the two clashing staffs. She kicks him away, making him grunt as she aims her staff at him. "They are controlled by the Alpha!"

"Then it's a good thing I brought a challenger," Drago replies, grunting as he turns around while swinging his staff around wildly.

He lets out a string of yells, his voice echoing as the massive chains on the ship start to rattle. Waves start to crash on the ships as the water was disturbed, and from it, a large grey Bewilderbeast with bloodshot eyes and chains hanging from his tusks appeared.

He bellows as he raises his head, snorting and shaking the water from him.

...

"Another one?" Hiccup raises his mask as he looks at the dragon, (Y/N)'s eyes narrowing as she looks between the two.

"They're going to fight each other," she realizes, making (D/N) growl softly in agreement.

...

"That is a class ten! Class ten!" Fishlegs screams, swerving Meatlug to avoid the Bewilderbeast as he climbs on shore.

Men yell as they rush away from the massive dragon, avoiding flying traps as the Alpha continues walking on land.

...

"No..." (M/N) gasps softly, Malin pausing in the air as she whines in fear. "It's okay, it's okay," (M/N) tries to soothe, turning her to fly the other way.

...

"No." Valka shakes her head as she looks up at the challenger.

"Come on! Take down the Alpha!" Drago shouts, making her swing her staff and strike his shoulder as he yells in pain.

She jabs it against his side, making him swing his fist back and strike her down. Valka lands roughly on her back, knocking the air out of her and stunning her.

Drago walks forward, stepping on her chest and using his staff to pry her helmet off as she struggles to get him off.

He smirks as he raises his staff, yelling as he goes to strike it down when he was suddenly roughly punched away, landing a few feet back.

Drago swiftly shakes his head, grabbing his staff and turning around with anger before his eyes widen.

Stoick offers his hand to Valka, her armor broken as she takes it and rises.

"Thank you," she softly says as he smiles back with a determined look.

"For you, my dear..." Stoick readies his axe as he faces Drago, "anything."

The two men circle around one another, the Alpha and challenger in the distance powerfully roaring at one another.

They collide tusks, continuing to attack one another as Valka frantically looks between the two.

"Val, do you think you can stop them?"

"I'll do my best!" She responds, cutting the netting from Cloudjumper and leaping on his back. "Come on, Cloudjumper!"

...

Malin roars as she dives down, releasing her tail spikes as men scream to avoid the darts.

...

Stoick grunts as he ducks under Drago's staff, swinging his fist back around and grabbing Drago's armor as the two glare at one another.

"I watched you burn!"

"It takes more than a little fire to kill me!" Stoick growls back, swinging his fist back and striking Drago in the face.

He punches Drago's gut, spinning around and elbowing him in the face as Drago shouts in pain.

...

The Alpha roars as he charges at the Bewilderbeast, colliding tusks and shoving him backwards while slamming into him.

Cloudjumper avoids the tail of the Bewilderbeast, diving down and around his body before flying in between the two as Valka swings her staff and holds her hands up to the two.

The Alpha stops while panting heavily, only resuming when the other Bewilderbeast charges.

Valka narrowly dodges the two as they collide, making her grunt and look back as they continue fighting.

...

Stoick and Drago collide weapons, Drago swinging his fist and knocking Stoick down, his axe flying to the side along with his helmet.

Gobber gasps and dives Grump down, removing his mace hand.

"Stoick!"

Stoick catches the weapon as Drago charges, making him spin around and strike him in the face with it.

...

Drago's army watched the dragons fight in awe, Drago's Bewilderbeast rising up and knocking the Alpha upward.

The Alpha collides his tusks down with the Bewilderbeast, stunned for a moment.

The Bewilderbeast snarls as he begins to relentlessly charge, his tusks forcing the Alpha's face upward.

He presses his tusks against his exposed throat, making the Alpha roar as he begins to slide backwards, vulnerable.

Drago's Alpha slams him to the ground, exposing his stomach. He raises up, and strikes.

...

):

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 116 15
With peace still as strong as ever between Vikings and Dragons on Berk and the Dragon Riders living among their tribe once again, things on Berk coul...
150K 3.2K 40
How to train your dragon movies with the older brother of Hiccup. Y/n Haddock. ---------- How to train your dragon: Done. How to train your dragon 2:...
7.3K 169 20
Hiccup is the runt of his tribe and Astrid is abused by her parents. Then Hiccup befriends toothless and shows Astrid a dragons true nature Years pas...
15.1K 627 17
OneArtsyGamer03 here, lovelies Republishing of How to Protect Your Dragon <3 ... Ah, Berk. The perfect island where Vikings and dragons can live in p...