Be My Valentine?

By authorbrowniee

‼️UPDATES EVERY SATURDAY ‼️ - Maya Hayes, a billionaire who couldn't care less about Love. Hell, she didn't... More

preliminaries
aesthetics
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
Forty
Forty one
Forty two
Forty three
Forty four
Forty five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
fifty
fifty one
fifty two

Forty Nine

737 40 13
By authorbrowniee

A/N: PLEASE don't forget to leave your thoughts in the comments as it helps me stay motivated to keep writing!!

Louis Dubois' POV:

"Maya.." Ms. Wilson says suddenly as she gets up from the couch and we all turn to look at her in question.

A little recap over here, we're still at our house, just now the atmosphere has cooled down a bit- or at least how much it can be when you find out your sister is dying.

The sun is now setting and Mr. Hayes was also kind enough to order us some- a lot of food to fill the starving stomachs since yesterday but the food has yet to be delivered.

I frown, walking over to Maya's side, waiting for an explanation as I take out my phone to check what happened.

Oh.

"What's wrong?"

"Congrats" I snicker before realizing it's a bad timing. "Shit, sorry"

"You are apparently engaged to William Scott"

"What the fuck" Mr. Hayes mumbles, getting up and coming behind Ms. Wilson, looking over her shoulder and I notice her hold in a breath as he gets close, skins touching, barely apart.

I sit on the arm rest of the couch where Maya was seated and hand her my phone, which she accepts instantly.

She scoffs before it turns into a laugh.

"Who does he think he is?" She chuckles before passing me back my phone.

"Get me an interview" she states and Ms.Wilson looks taken back.

"What-"

"I'm sure they're lining up by now, so get me an interview" she states simply.

"But you.. yes ma'am" she says with a sigh before walking over to the couch and tapping away on her phone.

I know you're probably thinking that rumors happen a lot and that itself not really a big deal. But the thing is... it isn't the statement she is bothered by, it is the fact it was confirmed by his company that does.

Maya Hayes' POV:

I know it was my father- or if I can even call him that- who did this but I tried not thinking much about it for now.

I don't think William even agreed to this willingly. I mean the last time I saw him, he seemed pretty in love with his woman. Well, the world doesn't know that- Mr. Top Celebrity keeps his relationships on the low. Another reason why I don't think he agreed willingly.

Whatever.

The food arrives not long after and I watch as Mason helps Celine plate everything with a smile, this is probably the only time he has left my side since hours. But the empty space was now occupied with warmth that I couldn't quite explain. But it was the warmth that felt comfortable. The feeling you get staring outside a car window, watching cars pass by and rain drops race each other with light music playing in the background. It was that type of comfort.

It was Louis.

I turn to look at him and he is busy looking down at his phone, my eyes trail his to find a picture of my own near William's. And though it wasn't a big deal, I felt somewhat disappointed and had the sudden urge to explain myself as if I had been caught in a guilty act.

"We aren't actually engaged yow know?"I mutter and he meets my eye with a smile on hid face.

"Well he couldn't possibly have proposed while you were out eating with me" he says with a wink. I swear Im not hallucinating. He just winked. At me. With a cheeky smile.

"You never know" I shrug and he frowns.

"Why did he agree with the rumor?" He asks and I could swear I felt him move closer to me that he was earlier.

"He didn't, his company did"

"But don't you think, it's kind of rude for you to keep an interview on the matter after you basically proposed to me on-"

"Why? Are you jealous, Dubois?" I cut him off.

He snickers.

"Me? Jealous? Never"

"If I didn't know any better, I think you'd like to take up on that offer I made" I smile as his ears turn the brightest shade of red.

He clears his throat, suddenly standing up.

"Come on, don't you wanna eat?" He asks and I nod.

"I'll be right there" I say, referring to the dining table which was now almost filled.

"So.. Louis?" Olivia drops down next to me and I frown. "Whatever do you mean, he's not my type" I mumble and she rolls her eyes.

"And what exactly is your type then?"

"Not him" I say and she laughs. "Lie"

"Let's go eat" I change the topic and she follows behind with a laugh.

"I think you went a little overboard with the food, Miles" He rolls his eyes.

"I don't know about you but we haven't eaten since yesterday and if I go another hour without eating, I might as well kill myself"

"Maya," I turn to face Miles who sat on the head of the table on my left.

"Everyone" he says suddenly, as if changing his mind.

"We're going to the cabin tomorrow" he says and I stare at him. "And you're giving us just one day to pack?!" Olivia shrieks from my right and I chuckle.

"I'm sorry, but, the cafe" Celine mumbles from the other end of the table and Miles shrugs.

"How much does the cafe make in a day? I'll be willing to pay 3x as much for each day you spend with us"

"Oh no, I really can't-"

"Celine, you gave my sisters a safe place when she needed it, please, let me."

"I can't possibly let you-"

"Fine, how about I get someone to take care of the place while you're with us. Please, it's the least I can do" he says, now seeming desperate as he looks between Celine and Mason.

I see what he's trying to do here. Ha

Matchmaker Miles.

"I'm sure Mason wants you there too, Right Mason?"

A/N

AHHH I can't believe this book will have to come to an end sooner or later and I'm. So grateful to have had you guys and continue to have your guys' support.

I get the sweetest comments sometimes and dms that literally make my day knowing someone took the time to text.

Also, HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN GEN V YET???! It is SO good oml. I watched the first 3 eps and I'm already in love.

OH AND- I'm back in my Episode era- well, it never really left- but these days I have been so much more into it so please guys- I beg- GIVE ME SOME EPISODE RECS!!!

I recently played in Episode and it was called "Ophelia's Night" and it was SOOOO goodd??? Until I realized it's not finished... haha (i wanna die)

Anyways- after playing that, I now want something with same vibes. Vampires, Witches, romance, drama- doesn't matter if uts an episode or a book or a show I JUST NEED SOMETHING. GIVE ME SOMETHING.

Oh and, here's the episode in case you wanna check it out:

Oh and I need more turkish drama recs since I am officially running out of it. I cannot get enough of shows, movies or books.

AND AND AND- how could I forget, It's my litte brother's birthday on the 9th of October so I'm expecting everyone drop comments wishing him before I-🔫

Also if I am not making any sense right now is because I have fallen asleep so many times but its like 4:45 over here and I refuse to go sleep until I post this chapter.

Like always, constructive criticism is always welcomed and encouraged, if you have any questions or issues you want to point out, don't be scared to leave a comment or hit me up in private. Though, I must say, I don't usually keep up with my  wattpad private messes so I would say to hit me up on Instagram.

Like I said in the last chapter, in case you somehow missed, I made a yt channel and would love it if you go check it out. I'm still a litter camera shy but we'll get used to it so do remember that before you come for me for how awkward I am in the first video.

It is called "Sharmeen's diary" and here's the link to it:

https://www.youtube.com/@sharmeensdiary 

Oki thats it- byebye loves

If you want to post anything on TikTok or wherever about be my valentine? please tag me:

Justabrownie.e on Instagram and TikTok
&
Justabrownie_e on Twitter

Thank you for reading my weekly rant and follow my socials to get more sneak peaks of future projects and chapters!

Here are some questions for you to answer Xx

THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS ABOUT THE STORY SO FAR <<

PREDICTIONS FOR THE FUTURE CHAPTERS <<

FAVORITE CHARACTER(s) <<

YOUR CURRENT READS (physical or wattpad books) <<

And finally, question of the week: YOUR FAVORITE EPISODE STORY.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.2K 1.3K 38
We all know of the baby project in health class. When you're given a fake baby and a partner to act as the daddy with you to act as the mommy. "This...
146 97 25
Briella Bennett is a policewoman with a heart of ice. Her cold voice and her stoic personality keeps almost everyone at arms length. Her past with h...
119K 2.8K 31
Done with high school, Holly decides to stay with her father at Sang Royal Academy, a french school for rich families. A college campus for boys only...
796K 34.3K 52
Oliver Brennan is happy and content. Living with his boyfriend of two and a half year, working at a night club as a bartender while attending classes...