The Tree Remembers

By EloiseMunson

Eddie Munson's back after leaving Hawkins for two years. He's desperate to get back in the swing of things, a... More

The King Returns
Pick Your Poison
Keep Protecting
The Melody
Shift Drinks
Why Do You Hate Me?
Clarity
Starting Fresh
Two Belle's
Great Expectations
Ohio
A/N - Quick Update!
Just Friends
Seriously. Just Friends.
Boundaries
Jealousy, Jealousy
Multitudes
Wimp
Authors Note!
Tape World
It's A Start
This Is Not A Date
Pretzels
A Win Is A Win
Concoctions
Breakfast
Brick Walls
Pity Party
Lobotomies
Rhyming
Unless
We Like Sharing
This Kind of Happy
Concrete Girl
Brain Damage
Like Rabbits
Small Rooms

See You in the Hall

517 44 3
By EloiseMunson

"This is nice," Eddie hummed happily. I grinned and kissed the top of his head.

Eddie had stayed with me in my office for a while, calming me down and making me laugh with his stupid compliments and jokes. Grant had come back to check on us – I hated the face he made at me, pitying me when he found me – and told Eddie to take me home. I wasn't allowed to protest, and Eddie had me swept up in his van in minutes.

We got back to my apartment, and had changed into comfy clothes, laying around on my bed and trading kisses until I jokingly asked to braid his hair. He smiled and kissed me softly.

"Will it make you feel better?" he asked coyly.

I grinned and nodded. He shrugged and got up, sitting on the ground with his long hair over the bed in front of me. I got to work, brushing his knots out and braiding his curls together. Sometimes he would catch my hand and kiss it quickly, making me smile.

As much as I said I hated it, I was sometimes happy with how soft he made me.

I tied two braids together in a crown around his head, and Eddie looked up me, his gaze kind and sweet. I kissed his forehead.

"You look so pretty," I teased. His smile grew and he stood before crawling back into bed with me. He wrapped me up in his arms and kissed me softly.

"Got to work hard to look half as good as you," he flirted. I felt my face flush and threw my arms around his neck.

"You've got a long way to go," I retorted, making him laugh. He started to kiss my neck.

"My mean, surly girl," he sighed into my neck. I felt my hair stand on edge and tried to focus through his touch. He came back to my lips, just out of reach. "We have too many clothes on."

I laughed and made him smile. I tucked one of the braids behind his ear.

"You're a sex-crazed pervert," I joked. He winked.

"Can't blame me when I have a girl like you around," he replied. I felt my stomach flip and I crinkled my eyes.

"You always do that," I said. He furrowed his brows, and I kissed him quickly. "Make me all gooey inside."

His smile grew and he brushed his nose against mine.

"I just want to make you feel half of what you make me feel," he answered. I blushed and buried my face in the crook of his neck.

"God, I miss being able to be mean to you!" I whined. He laughed and kissed my forehead. I settled into his chest, closing my eyes as I listened to his breathing.

"Are you feeling better?" he asked quietly as he rubbed my back. I winced and nuzzled closer to him.

"I don't want to talk about it," I answered. He sighed.

"I hate that he makes you feel like this," he said.

"He doesn't make me feel like anything," I lied, trying to shut out the terror I felt when Eric had showed up at the bar.

I had almost forgotten about him – the moment when he had tried to trap me in my office had felt like a lifetime ago. Eddie had saved me; it was a moment that the first crack in the concrete girl appeared. Eddie had proved that he was reliable and my protector. If it hadn't happened, I wouldn't have grabbed a drink with Eddie, and I wouldn't have invited him over that first night, and I wouldn't be here, in Eddie's arms.

I nuzzled further into his chest, and he kissed my forehead sweetly.

"It's okay if he still scares you," he assured me. I felt a wave of shame. I hated that I had become so needy. Eddie started stroking my hair. "He's a piece of shit."

"That's true," I agreed. I closed my eyes as Eddie continued to brush my hair with his fingers. He kissed the top of my head.

"You sure you don't want to talk about it?"

I groaned and looked up at him.

"He's a terrible person. He's scary. I never want to see him again," I answered flatly. He watched me for a beat.

"How are you feeling about it?" he asked. I felt my face twist and buried my face back into his chest.

"I'm happy to be here with you. I'm glad you were there to protect me. I don't like talking about my feelings," I snapped. He laughed and kissed my head.

"Look at you sharing so well, sweet pea," he teased. I finally smiled and got closer to him.

"I hate it," I retorted. He laughed and pulled me out of his chest.

"You're getting so good at it, though, Belle," he said quietly, ghosting my lips. I melted when he finally kissed me, and I was lost in our fervor once again.

---

I tried to pull back, but Elle pulled me right back to her, kissing me harder. I smiled into her, thrilled with how different things were now. I pressed my forehead to hers, grinning.

"Needy today, sweet pea," I teased. She blushed and shrugged.

"You know, you don't always need to comment on things," she quipped. I laughed and kissed her one more time.

"I just think you're trying to delay us going inside," I retorted. She sighed and set her head in the crook of my neck. I loved it when she did that.

"I just want to go back to being in bed," she admitted. I grinned and kissed the side of her face.

"We will go right back to it tonight," I assured her. She groaned and wrapped her arms around me.

"You promise he won't come back?" she asked meekly. I felt my heart catch and pulled her tighter to me.

"If he does, I'll kick his ass," I insisted. She sighed and pulled back. She smiled nervously.

"Okay. I trust you," she replied. I grinned and kissed her softly. She sighed and brushed my hair out of my face. "Are you excited to perform tonight?"

"Definitely," I said. I winked at her. "I've got a pretty big crush on the stage manager, so I'm hoping she's impressed enough to let me get in her pants tonight."

"Oh, my God, you are a pervert!" she squawked as she pulled away and got out of my van.

I laughed and clambered out, racing around to scoop her up into my arms. She giggled as I peppered the side of her face with kisses, leaning further into me. Nick was outside of the Hideout, smoking a cigarette like usual. He finished it and blew a plume of smoke out.

"Do you answer your phone, like, ever?" he sniped at Elle. She shrugged as we walked past him.

"You called, like, twice," Elle retorted, mimicking his voice like he hated. He followed us, underfoot.

"I was just checking in on you," Nick snapped, unamused with Elle's impersonation of him. I kissed her temple and she keened into my touch.

"I'm fine, I'm sorry for missing your calls. Eddie took care of me," she replied as she stepped behind the bar. I felt a wave of pride at her comment – she had said it so casually, so off the cuff. I had taken care of her. She trusted me.

"Oh, did he?" Nick teased, his voice becoming a singsong. Elle groaned.

"I am surrounded by perverts," Elle hissed, setting the glasses on the counter.

I laughed and she started storming away to the supply closet. She stopped, turning on her heel to come back to me and rocked up on her toes to kiss me. I was surprised by the gesture, bemused as she traipsed off to the supply room. I grinned stupidly as I watched her.

"Goodness, you are head over heels, sour puss," Nick said. I turned to him, and he was beaming at me. I sighed and set my forearms on the bar, burying my face in my hands.

"I've got it bad for that girl, Nick," I admitted. I looked up at him, and his smile had turned from smug to joyful.

"She's got it pretty bad for you, too," he insisted. I shook my head.

"Not like me – I can barely manage to be cool or say anything smart or funny, and I'm so nervous she's suffering some sort of mental break and that's why she's with me," I said quickly, relieved to finally get my confession out.

Nick's eyebrows raised and he patted my hand.

"It's so sweet how you two talk about each other," he said knowingly. I felt my heart skip.

"She talks about me?" I asked excitedly. He started washing glasses.

"Of course, she does, sour puss," he replied. I was about to ask more questions when Elle reappeared. She sidled up next to me, bumping me with her hip. I grinned down at her and set my arm around her shoulders as I pulled her close.

"You better watch it, or you'll get me all riled up, Belle," I flirted. Her cheeks turned pink, but she leaned further into me.

"Oh, you pervert," she joked back. I kissed her forehead.

"Those loving nicknames do something to me, sweet pea," I quipped, pulling her in for a kiss. She was smiley and goofy when she pulled back. She set her head on my shoulder, and I pressed my lips to the top of her head.

"Want to come help me set up?" she asked. I smiled.

"The other bands don't help you set up," I quipped. She shrugged.

"I'm not sleeping with the other lead singers," she retorted. I felt color creep up my neck and smiled when she looked up at me. "I mean, I can if you're that concerned about having to help me—"

"Oh, my god, you're so mean!" I exclaimed, wrapping her up in my arms and stumbling towards the stage with her. She shrieked with laughter as I started to pepper her face with kisses, and I pulled her chin to me, watching her carefully. "Don't even let those other lead singers look at a cable to help you set up."

She laughed and threw her arms around my neck before kissing me.

"Oh, Eddie, you have nothing to be jealous of," she teased. I furrowed my brows and she smiled brightly. "I only want to set up stages with you."

I grinned and pulled her tight to me, enjoying her code. I kissed her and she patted my chest.

"Okay – let's set up," she ordered.

I felt an ache when I dropped her, but followed her around like a lost puppy as we untangled cables and plugged them in. I caught her in my arms several times, kissing her and making her giggle. We finished and she hooked her arms around my neck.

"Hopefully you impress that stage manager you were talking about," she teased. I grinned and kissed her forehead.

"Me too – she got pretty discerning taste, so I hope she gives me a shot," I joked back. Her mouth twisted into a goofy smile.

---

Eddie watched me, grinning as I looked up at me. I felt my stomach flip – I had become so soft and malleable because of him, but I didn't hate it as much anymore. He leaned in, making his stupid fish face and I kissed him.

"Works every time," he teased, waggling his eyebrows. I laughed and kissed him once more.

"That's still so weird," a voice said. I turned, still in Eddie's arms, and smiled at Jeff and Gareth.

"You're so weird," Eddie shot back, pulling me closer to him. I tried to wriggle out of his hold, but he pulled me tighter, making me laugh.

"Elle, you know you could do better," Jeff quipped as he crossed to the drums. We all laughed, and I looked back up at Eddie. He winked at me and pressed his lips to my ear.

"He isn't wrong, you know," Eddie murmured. I smiled at him and shrugged.

"I never said I had good taste," I replied. He grinned and shook his head while tickling my sides.

"You're so mean!" he admonished, making me laugh harder. I kissed him once more and got of his hold, turning to the boys.

"Good luck tonight, guys – let me know if you need anything," I said, switching into my stage manager mode. I smiled at Eddie before walking back to the bar, feeling giddy and goofy.

"I like you two together, Ellie-girl," Nick announced. I couldn't help but smile at him.

"I don't mind it so much either," I replied. He grinned widely.

"Such a happy girl now," he said, poking my side. I laughed and shrugged.

"Maybe," I answered, drying glasses.

I looked up, thrilled by the crowd we had managed to get in for Corroded Coffin. Grant was at the front door, checking ID's and greeting our regulars with his usual warmth. Nick elbowed me, making me look at him.

"Do you think he's going to dedicate a song to you?" he asked. I felt my stomach flip and shook my head furiously.

"Oh, my gosh, no," I insisted. My mouth twisted into a smile at the memory of Eddie's notebooks, and I looked back up at the stage.

Eddie was standing with his guitar over his body, talking through something with Gareth. I smiled at how natural he looked – confident in his stance and how he held his instrument. He looked over, his face breaking into a grin and making my stomach flip-flop. He winked at me and nodded at me once, inviting me to introduce them on stage. I set the glasses down and raced to him, not even pausing to try to play it cool. I got to the mic, grinning when Eddie set his hand on the small of my back. The crowd cheered and several regulars waved at me.

"Thank you, everyone, for coming in – please join me in welcoming Corroded Coffin!" I announced, racing through my normal preamble. I could barely focus through Eddie's touch, and when I turned to leave the stage, he caught my hand to squeeze it. I grinned at him. "Good luck, Mr. Munson."

His face broke into a smile at the old nickname, and he winked at me before letting go of my hand. I went back to stand behind the bar with Nick, trying to focus on pouring drinks, but continually getting distracted by Eddie and the band.

I was eventually able to get back to the tasks at hand, thanking customers as they paid for their drinks. Corroded Coffin was good – I always knew they were good. But their sound was more mature, and they seemed to gel better. The crowd was enjoying them, too – cheering when Jeff had a drum solo, or when Gareth pulled off a successful riff. They finished another song to cheers, and Eddie came back to the mic.

"Thank you, everyone – we've got one more song tonight, and this is for someone very special," he announced. Nick gasped and I felt my face bloom with color.

"Oh, my God!" Nick squealed. Eddie locked eyes with me and grinned.

"And I know this is embarrassing, but she deserves to hear this song in all of its glory. So, this is for a girl that I hope to 'See You in the Hall'," he said into the microphone. He started strumming again, and my face split into a stupid smile.

"Oh, my God, this is going to be so good," Nick gushed. I shook my head, still smiling.

"No, it's going to be terrible," I replied, full of warmth and affection for Eddie. Eddie stepped forward and started singing.

"There's a girl who I always see,

She's who I want to be...with!

Ellie, you're always in the hall,

And when I see you, I just want to crawl...to you!" Eddie crooned, looking at me. I started laughing when he winked at me and set my hands over my face, peeking between my fingers.

"You're the most beautiful girl,

Can I give you a whirl?

I seem so cool on the surface,

But, girl, you make me so nervous,

"Oh, but when I see you in the hall,

It takes everything in me not to call...out!

"Because Ellie!

You make my legs go jelly,

Want to see you on the telly,

"And maybe one day,

I'd be able to say,

No one else but you can make my day.

"And Ellie!

I'll take you on a date to the deli,

Just need you to tell me that you're ready,

And, girl, I'll be your Eddie," Eddie sang, grinning at me. I laughed as he finished singing, feeling joy as everyone cheered and clapped.

"Oh, my god, that was so bad," Nick said, wrapping his arms around my shoulders and laughing with me.

Eddie thanked the crowd and he and the boys started to shut the stage down. I took a breath and tried my hardest not to skip to Eddie. Eddie had packed his guitar up and grinned when he turned to me.

"Did you like it?" he asked, sounding unsure of himself. I couldn't stop smiling, or even think of something snarky to say. I threw my arms around his neck pulling him in for a kiss. He was surprised, but pulled me even closer, kissing me back harder.

"You are such a dork," I said as we finally pulled back, breathless from his kiss. He grinned.

"Oh, so you loved it," he teased, kissing me quickly. I laughed and buried my face in the crook of his neck, trying to hide how giddy I was. He hugged me closer and kissed the top of my head.

"It was great," I admitted, pulling my face out of his neck and beaming at him. He started swaying with me.

"Do you think it was good enough to impress the stage manager? I'm desperate to get into her pants," he teased. I felt my face flush and grinned wider.

"I think she's very impressed," I replied. He smiled and pressed his forehead to mine.

"You think she'd let me take her home?" he asked. I kissed him quickly.

"Only if you make her breakfast tomorrow," I quipped. He grinned wider and kissed my forehead.

"Nothing would make me happier," he answered. He turned to Jeff and Gareth. "I'm out of here – I will see you guys soon."

Eddie started pulling me along, making me laugh at how fast we were walking.

"Don't forget, Elle – you can do so much better!" Jeff called.

Eddie waved him off as we left the bar, both of us giggling as we stumbled to his van, refusing to let go of one another. Eddie pressed me against his van, kissing me deeply as his hands wandered over my body. I sighed as he moved down my neck, lacing my fingers in his hair. I thought more about what Jeff had said, disagreeing with the sentiment.

"I can't," I said abruptly. He pulled back, his brows furrowed.

"Can't what? Do you not want to go home?" he asked, the panic in his voice rising. I felt my face turn bright red and shook my head.

"No, no, s-sorry, that's not what I meant," I stammered. He started stroking my hair and kissed me.

"What did you mean?" he asked. I took a deep breath.

"I just...what Gareth said," I started to explain. I looked down, my heart skipping as he kissed my forehead. "I can't do better than you."

I looked up at him and my stomach flipped at the way he was looking at me. He was beaming at me, full of a joy I wasn't sure I had ever seen on him. He blushed and he crinkled his eyes.

"You absolutely can, sweet pea," he insisted. I shrugged.

"I don't want to, then," I replied. He got goofy and set his face in the crook of my neck.

"I don't recognize you so sugary sweet, Belle," he murmured. I grinned and leaned my head onto his.

"I know, I think I have brain damage," I teased. He came back to me, getting close to my face.

"Oh, that's the only explanation?" he joked. I shrugged, beaming when he pressed his forehead to mine.

"Has to be if I'm choosing to let you feel me up," I quipped. He laughed.

"Oh, I think you like me feeling you up more than you want to admit it," he flirted. I felt my face heat.

"You can only think of one thing, you pervert," I admonished, giggling as he pulled me closer.

"You can't blame me when you're the one thing I'm stuck on, my surly girl," he said quietly.

I felt my chest swell and pulled him to my lips, kissing him hard. We pulled back, both out of breath, and he winked at me.

"Aren't you glad we aren't just friends?" he asked. Before I could answer, he kissed me hard, again, and I was wrapped up in him.

I'm glad I wasn't the concrete girl anymore.

---

A/N – Thank you all so much for reading – I hope you enjoyed it! I loved writing these two, and I look forward to revisiting them. If you enjoyed this story, please check out my other work!

I plan on taking a small break for about a week or two – I have an idea for my next story that I am excited for! Thank you all, again! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 269 70
This is the story of how you joined Hellfire club and got a chance to be close to the leader Eddie Munson. This story would take place during the tim...
22.4K 516 49
⚠️⚠️ EDITING ⚠️⚠️ Eddie Munson X reader !!! Nobody looked at (Y/n) Cunningham. It was her twin sister Chrissy they looked at. The perfect cheerleade...
5.8K 178 21
Eddie Munson is just about to repeat his senior year at Hawkins High for the 3rd time, certain that this year is "his year" and he'll finally graduat...
7.4K 389 19
After waking up in the Upside Down Eddie Munson finds himself a full on vampire with no guidance and no friends. Can he manage his new found thirst f...