avatar love story (aang x rea...

By avatarjenora

Guys, I love you, but stop reading this story. It's poorly written. I am slowly uploading the revision versio... More

Revision!
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chaper 5
chapter 5's moment
6
7
ch 7 part to
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
part 17 IM WHAT!!!?!!!?!!!
18
19
ch 20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33 part 1
33 part 2
33 part 3
33 part 4
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
50 part 2
51
sister to sister talk!
52
bonus
53
54
56
I am truly sorry

55

6.6K 150 67
By avatarjenora

Sozin's Comet streaks over the ground, its red energy destroying the clouds in its path. Appa flying in the air. Zuko and Katara riding on top.)

Katara: Zuko, don't worry, we can take Azula.

Zuko: I'm not worried about her, I'm worried about Aang and _. What if they doesn't have the guts to take out my Father? What if they lose?

Katara: i have faith in both of them, i know they could do it, they'll be fine.
.
.
.
the eel hound swimming through it with Sokka, Toph, and Suki riding on top. A bright red light is seen on the horizon behind them.)

Suki: It's weird to say, but the comet actually looks beautiful.

Toph: Too bad the Fire Lord is about to use it to destroy the World.

Sokka: We're too late! The fleet's already taking off!

Toph: Then we're taking off too. Where's the closest airship?

Sokka: It's right...

(Before Sokka can answer, Toph grabs him and Suki by the back of their shirts and catapults the three of them into the air by bending a pillar of rock up from underneath them. They are flung high into the air, and then slowly fall towards an airship. Sokka and Suki land on the airship's catwalk while catching Toph in the fall.)

Toph: Ugh.

(the three of them climbing up a ladder and into the main body of the airship. The camera pulls back and rotates around to the front of the airship fleet. It continues to pull back until it has reached the front of Ozai's ship, rotating around and zooming in on Ozai as he stands on the front platform, wearing his Phoenix King armour and grinning.

the Fire Nation air fleet flying over the ocean. one airship's cabin from the outside, and then the door leading into the cabin. Sokka and Suki slowly walk towards it and put their backs to the wall next to the door.)

Sokka: Shh.

(Toph walks up to the door and raises her hand to it. inside the cabin where three pilots and the captain are standing. They hear a knock from the door. On the last knock, the door is knocked down by Toph kicking it. Immediately after, Toph falls forward on to the fallen door and rolls, using metal bending to cover the metal door all around her body like armour. A fire blast hits Toph, but she is unharmed. the captain looking surprised. He punches and sends another fireball at Toph, but she rolls backwards to avoid the attack, and in the same movement kicks her leg into the air, which bends the sheet of metal the captain is standing on up and through the ceiling. One of the firebenders shoots a fire blast at Toph, who shields herself with the metal plates on the floor. Sokka and Suki as they both dodge to the sides of the door, avoiding the fire blast which has been strengthened by the comet.

inside of the cabin as the flames die down. Toph jumps up from behind her shield and kicks to the side, bending a large metal pipe on the ceiling towards one of the firebenders and pinning him to the wall. She swings her leg to the other side and bends part of the metal floor up at another firebender just as he attacks, which pins him to the other wall. From her back, Toph springs upwards and clings to the ceiling. She begins crawling towards the front of the cabin. The last remaining firebender shoots a fire blast at Toph but misses. Toph jumps down from the ceiling behind the firebender. He swings his arm around to catch Toph with a fiery whip attack, but she blocks his arm with her armour covered arm. outside the cabin as the firebender's blocked attack bursts through a window. Back in the cabin, the firebender holds his forearm painfully. Just as he looks back up to Toph, she delivers a straight punch to his face. Sokka and Suki watch as he flies through the door and hits the wall off screen. Sokka and Suki peeping into the cabin, the firebender knocked out behind them. They walk into the cabin, which is now mangled due to Toph's metal bending. Toph peels the metal from around her head, then quickly sheds the rest of the makeshift armour off her body.)

Toph: That's how it's done.

Sokka: Good work, Toph. Time to take control of the ship. Take the wheel.

Toph: (sarcastically) That's a great idea! Let the blind girl steer the giant airship.

Sokka: I was talking to Suki.

Toph: That would make a lot more sense...... wait wheres _ (they look around and realize she isnt there)

sokka: ok, we cant worry about that know, we have to focus on us

Suki: (taking the wheel) What are we going to do about the rest of the crew?

Sokka: Take us down closer to the water. I've got an idea.

(Sokka looks around the cabin, and then grabs a speaker connected to a tube.)

Sokka: (clears his throat and begins imitating a captain's voice) Attention crew, this is your Captain speaking. Everyone please report to the bomb bay immediately for hot cakes and... sweet cream. We have a very special birthday to celebrate.

they fell for it

Elite Firebender #1: Hey. I'm Quin Lee, I work up in communications.

Engineer: Oh hi, I work down in the engine room. It's probably why we've never met before. Big airship, you know?

Elite Firebender #1: Huh.

Engineer: Yep.

Elite Firebender #1: So, do you know whose birthday it is?

Elite Firebender #2: (approaching the firebender and engineer from behind) I can't believe the Captain remembered my birthday! He really does care.

(Immediately after the sentence is finished, the bomb bay doors open and they are dropped into the ocean. the doors opening below, then a shot from the side of the airship of the crew falling into the water. The firebenders that Toph had taken out can also be seen falling out of the cabin. some of the crew comes up for air.)

Engineer: Happy Birthday.

(Ozai's airship from below. the broken window of the cabin as Sokka walks toward it, looking up at the other airship with Suki)

Sokka: Fire Lord Ozai, here we come.

(Sokka grabbing the throttle and pushing it forward. Ozai is in the center.

the approaching Fire Nation fleet of airships. Ozai from behind, still standing at the front of his airship. Ozai inhales deeply. He exhales, opens his eyes, and smiles. Ozai's airship from above. The other airship's can be seen behind it, and the airship that Sokka, Suki, and Toph took can be seen just beneath it. Ozai's airship from Sokka's point of view as he looks through a spyglass.)

Sokka: We're not going to catch up to him in time.

Suki: (sadly) No...

(Ozai from above and zoom in as he spreads his arms outward and tilts his head back. The scene fades to a shot of the comet before fading back to a close up of Ozai. He tilts his head back down and smiles sadistically. Ozai raises his arms in the air, then thrusts his palm down towards the ground beneath. A small but incredibly intense flame ignites in front of his hand, growing steadily larger until it finally erupts into an enormous fire blast that ignites the earth below. The camera zooms in on Ozai's face as he swathes the earth in fire. Cut to a shot from behind Ozai. his great stream of fire, towards to horizon. behind a tall, stone pillar and tilt up to Aang standing on top of it, facing Ozai's assault. Aang from behind, and then rotate around to his front. Momo is seated on his shoulder and chirps.)

Aang: Momo, time for you to go.

(Momo leaps off of Aang's shoulder. Aang closes his eyes and breathes deeply.

something flying heads his way, he tries to get a clear image of what it is, 'it' then lands by him

_: hey, i thought id drop in and give you a hand

aang: _! (he hugs her)

_: hey aang. (she hugs back) lets go, we have a world to save, together

he nods

aang: i wouldnt have it any other way.

Aang and _ proceed to perform several spinning kicks, using earthbending to send giant sections of the stone pillar beneath him towards Ozai's ship. The chunks of rock whistle past the side of Ozai's airship, which catches his notice. The last few pieces of rock strike the airship's engine, which causes Ozai to lose balance and cease his attack. from the side of the airship as smoke drifts from the engine. It loses power and begins to descend. Ozai looks down to see Aang and _. Aang spins his body around, gathering his energy, and unleashes a huge fire blast at Ozai's ship, striking the finishing blow to its engine. _ collects some dragon energy from the spiritual connection help of hot wing firing an energy filled fire blast at the airship.

Aang and _ turn to the side towards the airship and it floats past them, facing Ozai for the first time. Ozai, staring at Aang and _ with surprise. Aang can be seen with _ standing on top of a stone pillar in the distance. _ and Aang facing Ozai as he lowers his bending stance. Ozai removes his Phoenix King armour and cloak, burning it and leaving his chest bare. Ozai leaps off of the platform he is standing on, using his firebending to fly like a rocket towards two. Ozai's airship crashing into the field of giant stone pillars, and Ozai flying towards _ and aang

the burning airship from Sokka's point of view through a spyglass. Suki, Sokka, and Toph inside the airship cabin.)

Suki: What just happened?

Sokka: (excited) It's Aang! He's back! and _s with him!

Aang and _ and Ozai are facing each other.

Ozai: After generations of Fire Lords failed to find you, now the Universe delivers you to me as an act of providence. and you (looks at _) ive never heard of the legend, the past fire lord have never heard of them. my daughter tells me you have such great power, beyond the elements.

_: kind of hard to believe, since avatar roku dated then married legend maya.

Aang: Please listen to me. We don't have to fight. You have the power to end it here and stop what you're doing.

_: you dont have to do this, you have the power to, just stop.

Ozai: You are right. I do have the power. I have all the power in the World!

(At the end of Ozai's last line, torrents of fire erupt from Ozai's mouth and hands. Aang and _ enter battle stances. Ozais flames die down and looks to Aang and _. Ozai then jumps, spins in the air, and slams his fist downward, creating a circular wave of flame that spreads toward Aang. Aang jumps over the attack, _ fliping over, and them slams his hands and feet into the stone pillar below him. He earthbends a piece of the pillar he is holding on to into the air. _ rotates it around and then kicks the chunk of rock at Ozai, who leaps away using his firebending. In mid air, Ozai propels himself at Aang using a jet of fire underneath his foot. At the same time, Aang and _ jump towards Ozai, performing a spinning kick and sending a wave of fire at him. Ozai then kicks forward and shoots a fireblast from his foot. The 3 attacks collide in a fiery explosion. the broken window of the airship cabin Sokka, Suki, and Toph are in.)

Sokka: Go, Aang! Airbending slice! (swings his hand down)

Suki: Shouldn't we be helping him?

Sokka: The Fire Lord is _ and Aang's fight. We need to stay focused on stopping that fleet from burning down the Earth Kingdom.

Toph: And how do we do that, Captain Boomerang? I can't see outside of this floating hunk of metal.

Sokka: (smiles as he comes up with an idea and turns around) Airship slice!

Toph: Whoa. That's a lot of fire, isn't it?

(the airship as it flies. inside the cabin, Sokka at the wheel. He spins it back around as their airship comes to face the side of the airship fleet. He pulls more levers, steadying the ship. Sokka pulling a lever down. a dial, its needle turning to the maximum. the exhaust pipes of the airship as fiery smoke begins to billow out. the airship's engine from outside as it begins to rupture and explode. Sokka, gritting his teeth in determination.)

Sokka: It's going to be a rough ride. We need to get to the top of this thing, fast.

(Sokka grabs Toph's hand and they run to the exit, Suki following. Sokka and Suki stop at the doorway as Toph continues on.)

Suki: Then what?

Sokka: Watch each other's backs and if we make it that far, I'll let you know.

(Sokka and Suki share a quick kiss before going on. the airship as he begins to descend and then proceeds to plough into the other airships, one after the other, causing them to crash. Toph, Suki, and Sokka climb their way up the ladder to the top of the airship. The floor beneath is demolished just as Sokka grabs the ladder. the three of them climb out through a hatch on top. Sokka grabs Toph's hand and they all begin running to the front of the airship. The airship as it continues to fly through the fleet, slowly destroying itself in the process. Just as they near the end, part of the front of the airship splits, separating Suki from Sokka and Toph. Suki reaches out to the others and falls. Sokka and Toph as their piece of the airship pulls away.)

Sokka: Suki!

(The nose of the airship breaks away from the rest of it as it rams into one last enemy airship. Sokka, reaching out to Suki in front of him. Suki jumps off the crumbling airship and onto another one.)

Suki: I'm okay! Just finish the mission!

Sokka: No...

Toph: Sokka, I think we've gotta...

Sokka & Toph: Jump!

(the nose of the airship slamming into the side of an enemy airship. Sokka and Toph fall downwards. They land on the airship below, stumbling forward. Sokka quickly covers Toph with his body to shield her from the falling debris.
.
.
.
The leader of the sages holds the Fire Lord diadem above Azula's head.)

Fire Sage: By decree of Phoenix King Ozai, I now crown you Fire Lord...

(The sage pauses as he looks up. Azula turns her head to him.)

Azula: What are you waiting for? Do it!

(Appa is heard growling and Azula turns her head back around. Appa descending and landing in plaza's courtyard. Katara is seated in Appa's saddle and Zuko stands on Appa's back.)

Zuko: Sorry, but you're not going to become Fire Lord today. (jumps off Appa) I am.

Azula: (laughs) You're hilarious.

Katara: (standing beside Zuko) And you're going down.

(The fire sage motions to crown Azula, but she raises her hand, signalling him to stop.)

Azula: Wait. You want to be Fire Lord Fine. Let's settle this. Just you and me, brother. The showdown that was always meant to be. Agni Kai!

Zuko: You're on.

(Katara turns to Zuko, surprised. Azula's lips curls into a smile)

Katara: What are you doing? She's playing you. She knows she can't take us both so she is trying to separate us.

Zuko: I know. But I can take her this time.

Katara: But even you admitted to your Uncle that you would need help facing Azula.

Zuko: There's something off about her, I can't explain it but she's slipping.

katara: please zuko, dont do this

zuko: ill be fine katara. And this way, no one else has to get hurt.

(Zuko kneeling on the right end to Azula kneeling on the left end. Zuko rising and turning around, Azula rising. Each can be seen behind the other. Azula turning and removing the Fire Lord robes)

Azula: I'm sorry it has to end this way, brother.

Zuko: (in his stance) No, you're not.

(Azula smiles and assumes a more awkward stance. She then spins and thrusts her palm out, shooting a blast of blue flame at Zuko. Zuko brings his hands up, jumps forward, and brings his arms down in front of him, bending two waves of flame in each hand that come together and shoot forward. the blue and orange flames collide into a wall of fire. As the flames dissipate, Azula leaps forward on a jet of fire and kicks forward, shooting a blast of fire. She performs three spinning kicks, sending out a wave of fire towards the camera each time.

the field of stone pillars. Aang lands on top of one, _ on another then leaps away just before blocking and being pushed back by a blast of fire from Ozai. He follows up his attack with a stream of fire from a downward kick. Aang lands on a rock and deflects the attack. _ lifts a small boulder from the rock and kicks it at Ozai. Ozai dodges the attack and counters by shooting a blast of fire with a kick. _ leaps to the top of another rock to avoid the fire, and then leaps to the side of a nearby waterfall. Ozai lands on the rock Aang had leaped to and kicks another fire blast at Aang. Aang uses his water bending to re-direct the waterfall at Ozai, extinguishing the fire blast and causing Ozai to jump away. Ozai flies toward Aang and shoots a wide burst of flame at him, but Aang jumps away to the top of the waterfall. Ozai rockets up after Aang, flips forward, and shoots a fire blast from both feet. Aang jumps down the other side of the rocky slope to evade the flames.

As Ozai flies over, Aang and _ land on a boulder and lifts it into the air as they jump away again, stopping Ozai for just a moment before he continues to chase after them and shoot a stream of fire at him from his fist. Aang and _ spin their bodies around, creating a small tornado around themselves that deflects the fire, and then lands on the side of a rock pillar. Aang slides around to the other side of it as Ozai lands on a rock and shoots another stream of fire. Aang and _ leap from the side of the pillar to the side of another. He uses his airbending to boost himself back at the first pillar and kicks the entire top half of the stone pillar at Ozai. However, Ozai flies around to the other side and shoots a concentrated ball of fire, catching Aang by surprise.

_: aang!

Aang raises his hand and blocks the attack, the fire flowing past his body. He is pushed back and hits the side of one of the rocks, grunting in pain and falling down to a ledge. Ozai flies at Aang and lands nearby on the same ledge. Aang picks himself up and flattens his back and arms against the rock before pulling away from it and using earthbending to create stone armour around his body. Ozai thrusts both fists at Aang and shoots a strong stream of flame, walking toward Aang and pushes him around the ledge with the attack. Ozai stops and swings his arm at Aang to hit him with a fire blast, but Aang leaps away, shedding the stone armour.

_: come on loser lord! why dont you attack me!

she stransports herself to a pillar infront of him, trying to hit him with both, a water whip and a fire one, he barly dodges them, but unfortunatly for team good, he does, he avoids her, going after aang.

Aang flips backwards in mid air and shoots a blast of wind at Ozai. Ozai jumps to the side to avoid it, and in mid air begins to charge lightning. As he lands on top of a rock, Ozai shoots the lighting at Aang. Aang, clinging to the side of a rock, looks on with fear, but before the lightning hits, he swings his arm around to the side, creating a tornado around his body. He evades the lightning and flies around to the top of the rock. Ozai fires another lightning bolt at Aang, but misses. Ozai chases after Aang and continues to shoot lightning. Aang lifts the top of a rock into the air to shield him then dodges the next bolt. Aang jumps to a rock and rolls forward just as Ozai fires one more lightning bolt at Aang.

With not time to dodge, Aang lifts his finger to the lightning and absorbs it, grimacing in pain. Aang lets the lightning flow through his body and to his other hand. He points at Ozai, who stares back with fear. However, Aang hesitates, and instead of re-directing the lightning at Ozai, he points into the sky and lets the lightning shoot out harmlessly. Aang falls to the ground, exhausted from the strain. Ozai smiles, spins around, and kicks a blast of fire at Aang. Aang quickly raises a stone wall in front of his to block the attack, but the fire blasts through. Aang is blown off the rock and plummets down to the shallow water below. he opens his eye and realizes what is happening.

_: aang!

Aang tilts himself upright and frantically waves his arms upward. Just as he is about to hit the water, Aang manages to bend the water up so that it catches him and softens the impact. A large wave is created as the water falls down, and Aang is carried with it. _ huffs in relief. Aang stands up and looks upward, and the camera tilts up to show Ozai flying down at him. Ozai rocketing forward.
.
.
.
the Fire Nation capital within the crater. Enormous blue and orange flames can be seen being flung in the right side of the city. All that can be heard is sombre music and the sound of blasts of fire. a sot from within the capital. One building is on fire. As a blue fire blast shoots past, another catches on fire. Zuko punches forwards, releasing a powerful stream of fire. It collides with a stream of blue fire from Azula, and both attacks push against each other for a moment before slipping to one side. he continues his blast of fire while keeping enormous blue flames on his other side at bay, slowly sliding backward. he slides back. Zuko pivots his foot so as to strengthen his stance and keep himself steady. fire streaming from the end of his fist.

Both Azula and Zuko stop their attacks. Azula looks back at the plaza behind her, which has caught on fire from Zuko's attack. She turns back to Zuko. Angry and scared, she charges forward and leaps upward on a blast of fire, which she swings down at Zuko. Just before the attack hits, Zuko spins his body in a circle and thrusts his palms out to the sides, creating a wall of flame that splits the blue fire in half.

the flames dying down, Azula, crouching on the ground. Azula, scared and panting heavily. She grits her teeth and narrows her eyes in determination. Zuko punches forward with his other fist, and two immense fireballs are launched at Azula, spiralling and intertwining to create one massive fireball. Azula's eyes, wide with fear and tinted orange from the in coming blast. Azula dodges to the right on a jet of blue fire, just narrowly avoiding the fireball.

Azula thrusts herself forward while in the air, rocketing over the ground on jets of fire from her hands and feet. Azula punches forward twice, launching two huge blue fire blasts. Zuko places his hands near the ground and shoots a blast of fire, thrusting himself into the air and avoiding one of Azula's attacks. Zuko spins around in mid air and swings his heel downward, which creates an arc of flame that blocks the second fire blast. As Zuko falls back down, he swings his arms down, creating a blast of fire that destroys a third blue blast of fire.

Zuko crouching, his arms extended forward and blue and orange flames surrounding him. Azula flying forward over the ground. She banks to the right, avoiding Zuko's last fire blast. Azula shoots a blast of fire at Zuko and begins to circle him, followed behind by an enormous trail of blue fire left from the streams of fire propelling her. Zuko defends himself by creating a large sphere of fire around him. He then tries to attack Azula with blasts of fire as she circles him, but she is too fast. He stops shooting fire blasts at Azula, crouches on the ground, and performs several spinning sweep kicks, creating a powerful ring of fire that expands outward. Azula flying forward. She tries to stop herself and attempts to block Zuko's attack with a shield of blue fire, but she is too late and it connects.

Azula falls forward and rolls across the ground due to her own momentum, gasping in pain. Azula picks herself up, breathing heavily. Azula, hunched over. Her hair has come undone, and she stares at the camera with anger and contempt, baring her teeth.)

Zuko: No lightning, today? What's the matter? Afraid I'll re-direct it?

(Zuko enters a stance and thrusts his palm forward to emphasize his words. Katara runs on some distance behind him.)

Azula: Oh, I'LL SHOW YOU LIGHTNING!

(Azula proceeds to wave her fingertips around in arcs to generate the lightning, but her motions are far more dramatic and irregular than usual. He breathes in and out deeply as enters his stance and extends his palms out to receive the lightning. Katara standing behind Zuko. The scenery flickers as Azula's lightning charges. she finishes her motions and poises herself. Azula's eyes as he glances to her left. she focuses on Katara. Azula, still poised to strike. She smirks briefly and then extends her arm and finger tip to the left of Zuko, releasing the lighting at Katara. the lightning shoots from Azula's finger. An expression of shock spreads over his face as he turns to his right. he runs to the right, trying to get in between Katara and the lightning as it shoots from Azula in the background. Katara's eyes reflect the approaching lightning. Zuko leaps between her and the lightning.)

Zuko: No!

(Zuko extends his finger out and absorbs the lightning mid leap. There is a blinding flash of light before cutting to a from behind Katara, Zuko in mid air, absorbing the lightning coming from Azula, electricity surrounding the area. Katara watches with shock. Zuko hitting the ground, letting the lightning escape from his other arm. The enormous bolt of redirected lightning erupts into the sky above, lighting up the entire crater. Zuko lying on the ground, twitching as electricity surges through his body. He groans as he rolls onto his back, holding his chest. Katara, frightened, as she begins to run towards Zuko.)

Katara: Zuko!

(a grimacing Zuko from the side. The clothing around his chest has been burned away by the lightning, and a scar has been left on his skin. Katara can be seen running toward Zuko, but she is stopped by another lightning bolt that strikes the ground between them. Azula, hunched over and swaying from side to side. She begins to laugh maniacally.
.
.
.
.
Ozai straightens the angle of his flight and rockets over the water below, leaving behind a wake. Aang looking scared. _ worried. He turns away and begins swinging his arms in circles as he uses waterbending to propel himself over the water and towards the shore. Aang reaching the shore. Aang stumbling forward and falling, with Ozai closing in behind him. Just as Ozai reaches Aang, Aang swings his arms around and earthbends a small, thick sphere of rocks around himself. Ozai hovers just over Aang. He laughs, Aang within the cramped space, frightened and bracing himself.)

Ozai: You're weak! Just like the rest of your people. They did not deserve to exist in this world, in my world. Prepare to join them. Prepare to die!

_: get away from him! and he isnt weak!

_ shooting in quick motions, fire blasts, rocks, streams of water and gusts of air, all being repeated multiple times in different orders, he manages to dodge many of the attacks. some being able to knock him off balance as he stares wonderasly at the gold fire she posseses. but he managed to knock her off her deet and she rolls groaning in pain, he makes his way towards aang.

(He lifts both arms up and leans back before smashing both fists into the ball, releasing a powerful blast of fire on impact. Aang inside the rock ball. He closes his eyes as small pebbles fall around him and the stone cocoon shakes, trying to keep it intact. Orange light can be seen between the individual rocks. Ozai and the rock ball as the fire of his attack blasts downward and then rises up in a bright orange cloud. Ozai jumps several feet back. Ozai lands. Cut to a close up of Ozai rising up to the camera's level. Ozai charges forward and thrusts both fists releasing a blast of fire just before the screen goes black.)

_: aang (she said weakly as she slowly streached out her hand)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 69 4
WARNING!!!! The following story contains spoilers of Netflix's new live-action series; "Avatar: The Last Airbender". Read at your own risk. Water πŸ’§ ...
161K 3.5K 20
This story takes place after the war has settled. Aang and Katara finally together, Zuko the firelord, Sokka being,...well Sokka, Toph happy and neve...
9.3K 330 16
Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked, completely er...
22.1K 457 40
| zuko {a:tla} 2 the dual bender is long gone the fire prince as well - in which the dual bender has to try and find a way back home after everyone...