avatar love story (aang x rea...

By avatarjenora

Guys, I love you, but stop reading this story. It's poorly written. I am slowly uploading the revision versio... More

Revision!
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chaper 5
chapter 5's moment
6
7
ch 7 part to
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
part 17 IM WHAT!!!?!!!?!!!
18
19
ch 20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33 part 1
33 part 2
33 part 3
33 part 4
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
50 part 2
51
sister to sister talk!
52
bonus
54
55
56
I am truly sorry

53

8.1K 152 106
By avatarjenora

Aang practicing in front of the beach house with _ with the rest of the Gaang resting on steps in the background. Aang proceeds to firebend arcs with his arms, right leg followed by his left leg. Then he firebends a flurry of small shot, circles rapidly with his arms. Zuko who is looking sternly at Aang's training with his arms crossed.)

Zuko: More ferocious!

(He has an intense look of concentration on his face.)

Zuko: Imagine striking through your opponent's heart.

(Aang firebends another big shot of fire, he turns towards Zuko with his arms in a frustrated gesture.)

Aang: Ugh! I'm trying.

Zuko: Now let me hear you roar like a tiger-dillo!
_ does the roar perfectly, she doesnt just have flames shooting from her hands and mouth, but shes in the air with flames coming from her feet to, the others stare, still not use to the golden flames, tons of heat is radiated from her, she stops roaring and is back on the ground. zuko gives he an approving nod.

(Aang turns back, instantly, stretches his arms and roars rather softly with weak streams of fire coming out from his palm and mouth. Aang grins sheepishly at his weak attempt.)

Zuko: That sounded pathetic! (Zuko lashing out) I said roar!

(Aang turns around, roars ferociously and firebends rather strongly out of both hands and his mouth. the intensity of the flames. Momo can be seen scurrying towards Zuko. Momo seeks refuge behind zukos legs.

Zuko nodding his head in approval. Katara holding three watermelons with straws in them.)

Katara: Who wants a nice, cool glass of watermelon juice?

(Aangs eyes widen with greed.)

Aang: Ooo, ooo, (turns around) me, me, me! (he begins to run towards the house)

Zuko: Hey, (Zuko's hand comes into screen and holds Aang back by his robes) your lesson's not over yet! (Aang tries to break free of his grip and his tongue comically sticks out to show that he is thirsty.) Get back here.

(Aang gets pulled up... Zukos pulling him up effortlessly with Aang looking rather disappointed. _ giggles at her boyfriends reaction and is the only one of the two that stayed put to train)

Suki: Come on, Zuko. (Suki and Sokka lounging on the steps. Sokka drinks his watermelon juice and looks on) Just take a break. What's the big deal?

Zuko: Fine.

(He releases Aang and Aang dashes off, leaving a trail of dust behind.)

_: wow aang, just wow. (giggles, when aang gives her a childish grin then stook out his touge at the words she chosed and he laughed slightly)

Zuko: If you want to lounge around (Aang running towards Katara and accepting the watermelon with glee and proceeds to slurp the juice noisily and greedily) like a bunch of snail-sloths all day, then go ahead! (Zuko turns and walks away)

toph: hey for aang, it makes sence that you want to keep training him... hes not a master yet.... but _ is amazing, who knows how long shes been bending the 4 elements for.

katara: she only knew about the legend thing from the library toph

aang: thats not what she told me, she said she (_ is crazily doing the 'no, shut up' sign, they all look at her, she stops and whistles like she wasnt doing anything)

suki: what DID she tell you

aang: she said she knew since i spoke to roku on the scolstice

katara: what? but she....

_: ok yes, its true, so what......... and....... i... mom and gran knew about me bending the 4 elements

sokka: wait.... mom knew!

she nodded and turned away,

katara: unbelievable, you've been bending forever........ wow _ wow.

_: who cares ok! so what, its the past, and nows not the time to be fighting about something so stupid

Sokka: ok fine... but maybe Zuko's right. Sitting around the house has made us pretty lazy. But I know (lays his watermelon aside and stands up slowly) just the thing to change that. Beach party!

(He removes his outer coat, revealing a pair of brown undershorts underneath and dives excitedly, he entered the water with a splash. Sokka surfaces with seaweed on his head and he blows water from his mouth. He grins goofily.

Katara jumping off the shore into the water as she waterbends a surfboard made of ice. She proceeds to surf as the water displaced by her movements splashes. underside of the ice surfboard as Katara jumps off a wave of water and her image is silhouetted against the Sun. She lands back into the water with ease and continues surfing. Suki laying on a beach mat in her red beach outfit. She smiles as Sokka walks into screen carrying seaweed in his arms. She looks puzzled as Sokka grabs empty pails and exits the screen before re-entering a spilt second later with the buckets full of water and a huge smile plastered on his face.

Aang is holding a big piece of wood in his hand. him placing the piece of wood as a horn into his sand sculpture of Appa.)

Aang: Check out my Appa sand sculpture. (the real Appa growling at the sight)

_: its cute

Toph: Not bad, baldy. But I've been working on my sandbending (stretches and cracks her fingers) You're gonna love this.

(the area in front of Toph. She moves her hands and sends clouds of sand dust everywhere. The dust clears to reveal a miniature replica of Ba Sing Se in the sand. the huge Earth King's palace in the middle with tiny houses surrounding it. Aang walks towards it and kneels down, scrutinising the details.)

Aang: Whoa. (he looks at the sand replica of Earth King Kuei and his bear, Bosco) Wow, you even made a little Earth King and Bosco.

(Sokka who is frantically carving at his sculpture, sending specks of sand flying everywhere. Toph & Aang walk into screen behind him.)

_: it looks so real

Toph: Try and top that, Sokka.

Sokka: Ta-da!

(He reveals his sand sculpture with seaweed for hair, stones for eyes, a red starfish for a nose, and some stones and seashells as a smile.)

Aang: Is that a blubbering, blob monster?

Sokka: No, (stomps the ground defensively) it's Suki. (Aang with an animated look of shock and surprise on his face as both he _ and Toph burst into a fit of laughter.)

Toph: Suki, we'll all understand if you break up with him over this.

Suki: I think it's sweet. (Sokka runs and slides into screen on his knees as he grabs Suki by her shoulders and kisses her on the cheek.)

Aang: But it doesn't even look like...

(A burst of fire hits the sand sculpture, sending waves of send everywhere. Aang yells in surprise and shields himself from the impact. The dust clears and Aang looks up at the cliff. Zuko running and jumping off the cliff, fire bending at Aang at the same time. Aang narrowly misses the flames and jumps across Toph's sand sculpture. Aang flies across it. A ball of fire hits one of the sand houses, breaking it into a wave of sand instantly. Aang lands on the other side near his sand sculpture as he turns around and looks frightened. He then jumps over his sand sculpture.

_: zuko! are you crazy!?

Aang: What are you doing?!

Zuko: Teaching you a lesson!

(He firebends towards the Appa sculpture. Aang looks away before the camera zooms out to show him jumping away from the impact. The stream of fire "cuts" the Appa sculpture in half, destroying it into a pile of sand.

Aang lands a distance away from him. Zuko turns and firebends towards Aang but he misses as Aang jumps onto the cliff. Zuko firebends towards the cliff repeatedly as Aang struggles to run across the uneven surface. Zuko's last blast shatters the top part of the cliff into rubble. Zuko as he runs towards the cliff and proceeds to scale it.

Katara who surfs back to shore.)

Katara: What happened?

Sokka: Zuko's gone crazy! I made a sand sculpture of Suki (tries to pick up the fallen sand to mould the sculpture back into shape) and he destroyed it!.... Oh, and he's attacking Aang.

_: your boyfriend is attacking my boyfriend!

(Suki grabs Sokka and they run back to help Aang.

Aang with Zuko hot on his heel. Zuko firebends at him but Aang jumps out of the way in time. The fire clears and Zuko is still chasing after Aang angrily. a huge rock as Aang runs to the top of it and jumps off before Zuko sends strong blasts of fire at the rock, disintegrating it into pieces. Aang grabs onto the top of a trunk of a nearby tree as Zuko jumps off the rock and somersaults to the bottom.

Zuko landing on the sand with a roll and firebending at the top of the tree. Aang jumps away. the tree has caught fire and Aang lands somewhere on the beach house's roof, out of view. Zuko who jumps onto the beach house's railings as he scales and flips his way to the roof)

Aang: Get a grip before I blast you off this roof!

Zuko: Go ahead and do it!

(He then firebends with his fists and feet one after another. Aang sliding down the roof as jets of fire sets the path he was on alight. Aang reaches the end of the roof and he grabs onto the edge as he swings himself into a nearby room through the window. He slides across the floor on his knees to hide behind a drawer. A huge blast of fire through the roof sends some debris into the room and Zuko lands. He gets into a stance and looks around the room warily. Aang then kicks the drawer towards Zuko. He blocks it by disintegrating the drawer into pieces with a firebending punch.

Cut to the end of the corridor as Aang runs out from the room followed shortly by Zuko. Zuko firebends huge whips and arcs of flame around himself. Cut to Zuko's back view as he sends the tunnel of fire towards Aang. Cut to Aang running away desperately and time slows down as Aang looks back to find himself being slowly engulfed by the fire. Time resumes back to normal as he airbends the fire away, creating a safe space for him to land on without get burnt. Cut to Aang's face as the fire reflects off his eyes.)

Aang: (furiously) Enough!

(He airbends a huge tunnel of air towards Zuko, extinguishing the flames at the same time. Cut to Zuko yelling in surprise as he gets pushed back by the strong air pressure. Cut to the outside of the house as its side gets ripped open by the visible tunnel of wind, throwing out some wooden debris along with Zuko. The sound effects suggests that Zuko is sliding down some tree branches. Cut to the grass as Zuko lands on it and attempts to stand up, grabbing his head and moaning slightly. The others come into screen behind Zuko.)

_: what in the name of agni was that about!?

Katara: What's wrong with you, zuko?! (Aang jumps off the balcony and lands near the group.) You could have hurt Aang.

Zuko: What's wrong with me? What's wrong with all of you! (Zuko stands up and throws his arm to the side in anger) How can you sit around having beach parties when Sozin's Comet (the group who have guilty looks on their faces) is only 3 days away!

Zuko: Why are you all looking at me like I'm crazy?

Aang: About Sozin's Comet... (takes a step forward) we were actually going to wait to fight the Fire Lord until after it came.

Zuko: After?

Aang: I'm not ready. (looks unconfident and
unsure) I need more time to master firebending.

Toph: And frankly, your earthbending could still use some work too. (Aang looks disappointed)

Zuko: So... You all knew Aang was going to wait?

_: well yeah, im mean... i dont really think im ready

Sokka: Honestly, if Aang and _ try to fight the Fire Lord right now, their gonna lose. No offence.

_: thanks for the suport (rolls her eyes)

Katara: The whole point of fighting the Fire Lord before the comet was to stop the Fire Nation from winning the war. But they pretty much won the war when they took Ba Sing Se. Things can't get any worse. (drops her head in worry)

Zuko: You're wrong. It's about to get worse. more than you can even imagine.

_: what do you mean?

Zuko: The day before the eclipse, my Father asked me to attend an important war meeting. It was what I dreamed about and wanted for so many years. My Father had finally accepted me back. he plans on using the power of the comet to destroy everything. all the hope that the people in the earth kingdom have, and everything along with it. I wanted to speak out against this horrifying plan. But I'm ashamed to say I didn't. My whole life I struggled to gain my Father's love and acceptance. But once I had it, I realized I lost myself getting there. (Katara raises her hand to her forehead in despair) I had forgotten who I was.

(Katara drops down to the ground on her knees. Sokka grabs Suki by the shoulder in an assuring gesture.)

Katara: I can't believe this. (shakes her head)

Sokka: I always knew that the Fire Lord was a bad guy but his plan is just pure evil. (Suki shakes her head)

Aang: What are we going to do?

Zuko: I know you're both scared. And I know that you're not ready to save the World. But if you don't defeat the Fire Lord before the comet comes, (looking very serious) there won't be a World to save anymore.

(Aang who looks stunned and blur)

Aang: Why didn't you tell me about your Dad's crazy plan sooner!?

Zuko: I didn't think I had to. I assumed that you were still going to fight him before the comet. No one told me you decided to wait!

Aang: This is bad. (places both hands on head in despair) This is really, (shakes his head and drops to his knees) really bad. (full of worry and despair)

_: we're in this together.

Katara: you don't have to do this alone.

Toph: Yeah. If we all fight the Fire Lord together, we got a shot at taking him down.

Sokka: Alright! (raises arm in enthusiasm) Team Avatar is back! (points confidently) Air. (Aang) Water and legend. (Katara and _) Earth. (Toph) Fire. (Zuko) Fan (picks up a palm leaf in a shape of a fan from the ground into Suki's hands) and sword! (He thrusts a blade of leaf into the air)

Aang: Fighting the Fire Lord is going to be the hardest thing we've ever done together. But I wouldn't want to do it any other way. (The group laughs and they engage in a group hug but Zuko remains standing where he is)

Toph: Yeah.

Sokka: Alright.

Katara: Get over here, Zuko. Being part of the group also means being part of group hugs. (katara pulls him into the group)

(Zuko looks to the side with a "Do I have to this " look on his face and fits into the opening Suki & Toph created. Appa growls off screen, the Gaang looks up and they get tackled to the ground by the giant sky bison, along with jenjen and snowflake. Momo chatters away on Appa's head.

Cut to an overhead view of the courtyard in the beach house.)

Zuko: There's one technique you need (Cut to a close up shot of Zuko standing in front of Aang. Katara and Momo sit at the side, spectating) to know before facing my Father. How to redirect lightning. (Aang grins with anticipation) If you let the energy in your own body flow, (He stretches his left arm out and the fingers on his right hand touch the fingers on his left hand and swiftly traces a path down his arm, shoulder, stomach and back out the other side) the lightning will follow it. (His left hand touches his right, they are parallel to each other) You turn your opponent's energy against them.

(He repeats the motion to the left side of his body.)

Aang: That's like waterbending.

Zuko: Exactly. My Uncle (Aang begins to mimic Zuko's movements) invented this technique himself by studying waterbenders.

Aang: So... Have you ever redirected lightning before?

Zuko: Once. Against my Father.

Aang: What did it feel like? (Zuko stops whatever he is doing and does a cool down motion with his hands)

Zuko: Exhilarating. But terrifying. (Aang raised both arms eagerly to his chest but his face falls when Zuko says those two words) You feel so powerful (Aang's hands drops back to the side. He slouches with disappointment) holding that much energy in your body. But you know that you make the wrong move, it's over.

Aang: Heh. (laughs nervously) Well, not over
over, right I mean there's always Katara and a little spirit water (moves his hand in a watery movement) action... Am I right? (turns to Katara)

Katara: Actually I used it all up after Azula shot you.

Aang: Oh.

Zuko: (stares at Aang seriously) You'll have to take the Fire Lord's life. Before he takes yours.

Aang: Yeah... I'll just do that.

Sokka: Gather round Team Avatar (watermelon with some face carvings resembling a jack-o-lantern being dropped onto a wooden structure with a red cloth draped over it. Sokka standing in front of the Melon Lord and the rest of the group walking towards him and proceeding to sit in a circle) In order to take out the Fire Lord, or in this case, the "Melon Lord", our timing has to be perfect. (He kneels down) First, Suki and I will draw his fire. (He takes a stick and draws a line curving to the left towards the melon symbol on the ground) Then, Katara and Zuko (He draws a straight line in the middle) charge in with some liquidy hot offence and while the "Melon Lord" is distracted, Aang and _ swoop in and "BAM!" (He draws a line curving to the right which runs through the melon symbol) they delivers the final blow. (Aang stares at the drawing with slight disgust)

Toph: Err... what about me?

Sokka: For now, you're the Melon Lord's forces.

Toph: So I get to chuck flaming rocks at all of you?

Sokka: Whatever makes the training feel more realistic.

Toph: Sweetness. (smiles)

(the Melon Lord with 2 sticks at arms opened up in a V-shape. Toph appears into screen in front of the scarecrow with the same pose.)

Toph: Muahahahahahaha!

(She is surrounded by a ring of huge boulders covered with seaweed-like things. A ring of fire in bowls sits outside the boulders.

Zuko and Katara who are hiding behind some rocks, looking at Toph. Zuko turns his head. Aang who appears out from behind another hiding spot with Momo in tow. He looks to the side. Suki and Sokka who peer out of their own hiding places. Sokka is wearing his Water Tribe wolf armor. Sokka who signals with his arm to go. Sokka, Suki, Zuko and Katara all make their way towards Toph except for Aang and _ who stays put. Sokka and Suki who run before the ground shakes and pops up an army of Fire Nation soldiers made of rock charging at them. Sokka cuts the rock in half. Suki jumps into camera as she spins and delivers a kick to another rock soldier, knocking it down. They continue to run before a flaming boulder drops into screen. Suki cart wheeling over it. Sokka who is lying on the ground with his face mere inches away from being crushed.)

Sokka: Watch it, Toph!

Toph: (clearly enjoying herself) I am not Toph, I am "Melon Lord"! Muahahahahaha!

(She earthbends a rock over the bowl of fire and it gets ignited immediately and she sends it towards Zuko and Katara who dodge it. Zuko and Katara running as a ring of rock soldiers surround them. the duo as they fight back to back with fire and waterbending to destroy the rocks.)

Sokka: (running with his sword. Flaming rocks are being sent over his head continuously) Now, Aang!

(he propels himself from the rock with his arms holding his staff in a ready to strike position. Aang's serious face as he descends. the Melon Lord scarecrow from his point of view. Aang as his face softens. Aang lands and brings his staff over his head but doesn't deliver the final blow. The staff pauses inches away from the watermelon head. He looks at the scarecrow before slouching and pulling his staff back.)

Zuko: What are you waiting for? Take him out! (Aang who looks unwillingly to perform the action)

Aang: (shakes head) I can't.

(Sokka walks up in front of him.)

Sokka: What's wrong with you? (points accusingly at Aang) If this was the real deal, (points at Aang again) you'd be shot full of lightning (he makes a beheading gesture against his neck) right now.

Aang: I'm sorry, but it just didn't feel right. I didn't feel like myself.

sokka: both of you! whats your excuse.

_: well im soorrry! im 13 ok! i never thought about killing anyone! for agni's sake im from th water tribe and i dispise eating meat or fish! i cant stand seeing animal skins hanging everywear! im sorry that i dont want to be a murderer at this age!

(Sokka who unsheathes his sword. a slashing and squishing sound implies that Sokka cuts the watermelon off screen. they close their eyes and grimaces at the act.)

Sokka: There. (Aang opens his eyes in shock) That's how it's done.

(A piece of the watermelon falls off and hits the ground. Momo runs forward and begins to lick the insides.

Aang who has a look of disbelief on his face. Scene changes to night time back at the courtyard. untouched food on Aang's lap. Aang looking down sadly while the rest of the group are heartily tucking in to their dinner. Katara walks in with a long scroll in her hands.)

Katara: I have a surprise for everyone!

Toph: (Toph holding her chopsticks in her bowl of rice) I knew it! You did have a secret thing with Haru!

(She smiles while Katara gives an expressionless look in the background. _, Sokka, Suki and Zuko who are also equally expressionless.

the 4 of them staring at Katara while Toph is picking at her food.)

Katara: Er, no. (All 4 of them suddenly start to shove rice into their mouths) I was looking for cooking pots in the attic and I found this. (Throws scroll downwards as it unrolls by itself.) Look at baby Zuko! (a baby smiling happily with his arms in the air, enjoying himself at the beach.) Isn't he cute?

(Katara coos as everyone gushes and laughs. Zuko with his eyes closed.)

Katara: Oh lighten up, I was just teasing.

Zuko: (opens his eyes) That's not me. It's my
Father. (Katara rapidly rolls the scroll)

Suki: But he looked so sweet and innocent.

Zuko: Well that sweet little kid grew up to be a monster. And the worst Father in the history of Fathers.

Aang: But he is still a human being. (Everyone looks at him as the camera pans to Aang)

_: he desurves to live even after all he and his fathers have done.... (whispers)

Zuko: You're going to defend him?

Aang: No, I agree with you. and _ does to. Fire Lord Ozai (stands up and faces the group) is a horrible person and the World will probably be better off without him. There's gotta be another way.

Zuko: Like what?

Aang: (shrugs) I don't know. Maybe (raises both arms as if he was holding a bowl) we can make some big pots of glue and then I can use gluebending to stick his arms and legs together so he can't bend anymore.

Zuko: (sarcastically) Yeah. Then you can show him his baby pictures and all those happy memories (everyone starts to laugh and snicker, but _ who doesnt like the fact they're laughing at him) will make him good again.

Aang: (naively) Do you really think that would work?

Zuko: (seriously and sternly) No!

Aang: (drops his head and sighs) This goes against (paces up and down, looking at his hands) everything I learned from the monks. I can't just go around wiping out people I don't like...

Sokka: Sure, you can. You're the Avatar, and _s the legend. If it's in the name of keeping balance, (Aang and _ balls up their fist as they struggle to contain their temper) I'm pretty sure the Universe will forgive you both.

Aang/_: This isn't a joke, Sokka! None of you understands the position we're in!

Katara: Aang _, we do understand. It's just...

Aang: (rudely interrupts) Just what, Katara?!

_: Just What!?

Katara: (annoyed) We're trying to help.

Aang: Then when you (points at Katara) figure out a way for us to beat the Fire Lord without (makes a "no" gesture with his arm) taking his life, we'd love to hear it! (Raises his arms in exasperation and walks away, along with _)

Katara: Aang, _, don't walk away from this. (She begins to walk towards them as a hand touches her shoulder to stop her from doing so.)

Zuko: Let them go. they need time to sort it out by themselves.

(the trees surrounding the house and the balcony Aang is sitting on. There is a table of fire in front of him. an area behind Aang's shoulder to reveal 4 candles and some offerings consisting of bread, water and fruit on a tray. Aang in the lotus position. Momo glides in and tries to get Aang's attention by touching his lap.)

Aang: Hey, Momo. (pats Momo's head) I don't suppose you know what I should do. (Momo who makes a sound) I didn't think so.

(Momo lies on its side while Aang returns back to meditating.

you know what happens

the next morning, everyone is gathered around Appa.)

Sokka: Okay, that's everything.

Toph: No, it's not. (Everyone turns to face her) Where's Aang? (the rest look surprised and run off to look for him. Appa eats his hay nonchalantly.)

Zuko: Aang? Aang!

Toph: Come on lazy bones, let's go.

_: aang! where are you!? (_ takes of on her glider and searches for him)

(Suki, Sokka & Katara head to the right of the corridor while Toph & Zuko head in the opposite direction. He walks out of the room and meets Toph who does a "nothing" gesture with her hands. They walk off. the railing of the balcony. Aang's staff is lying on it. Sokka walks onto the balcony, scratching his head. He sees the staff and looks surprised. Suki, _ & Katara walk in.)

Sokka: (his gloved hand grabs the staff) He left his staff. That's so strange.

_: i looked all over the island, and theres no sign of him.

Zuko: Aang's not in the house. Let's check the beach.

Sokka: Look! There's his footprints. (leading to the sea.) The trail ends here.

Suki: So... He went for a midnight swim and never came back?

Katara: Maybe he was captured.

Sokka: I don't think so.

_: There's no sign of a struggle.

Toph: (bends down) I bet he ran away again.

Sokka: Ah-uh. He left behind his glider and Appa.

Toph: Then what do you think happened to him oh sleuthy one?

Sokka: It's pretty obvious. Aang mysteriously disappears before an important battle? He's definitely on a Spirit World journey. (His finger points up in an "I got it!" position)

Zuko: But if he was, wouldn't his body still be here?

Sokka: (slumps) Oh yeah, forgot about that.

Katara: Then he's gotta be somewhere on Ember Island. Let's split up and look for him.

Toph: (grabs Zuko's arm swiftly and he blushes) I'm going with Zuko! (the rest looking at her curiously) What? Everyone else went on a life changing fieldtrip with Zuko. Now it's my turn. (She hugs him tighter and Zuko is still blushing, he mouths 'help' to his girlfriend, she shakes her head giggling to herself)

(Appa flies out from behind a cliff. Sokka on Appa's head, looking around with a serious look on his face.

There's a crowd surrounding someone in an air nomad outfit and they cheer for "Aang" repeatedly. Suki & Katara who are shocked to hear his name. They quickly run to the crowd and breaks a section apart.)

Actress Aang: (The tattooed head turns around) Avatar State, yip yip! (Actor Toph lifts her up in the air as she poses in a flying position as the crowd cheers wildly. Suki & Katara who have an exaggerated anime look of anger and "WHAT?!" on their faces.)

Toph: And then when I was nine, I ran away again.

Zuko: Uh-huh.

Toph: I know I shouldn't complain, my parents gave me everything that I ever asked for. But they never gave me the one thing that I really wanted. Their love. You know what I mean? (Zuko drops his head and sighs audibly)

Zuko: (turns around and looks at her) Look, I know you had a rough childhood but we should really focus on finding Aang. (Zuko walks on.)

Toph: (looks disappointed) This is the worst fieldtrip ever.

(She blows her fringe in irritation. Toph, _ and Katara are back in their respective nation's outfits. Appa lands and growls.)

Sokka: Judging by the looks on your faces, I'm guessing you guys didn't find Aang either.

Zuko: No. It's like he just... disappeared.

Toph: (sits up) Hey, wait a minute, has anyone noticed that Momo's missing too?

Sokka: (turns around in horror) Oh no! (kneels down, behaving hysterically) I knew it was only a matter of time. Appa ate Momo! (Sokka jumps in and lifts Appa's jaws to peer into his mouth) Momo, I'm coming for ya, buddy (Sokka climbs onto Appa's tongue and tries to crawl his way in)

_: just when i was begining to think my brother couldnt get any more stupid............ he does

Katara: (staring calmly at her brother) Sokka, Appa didn't eat Momo. He's probably with Aang.

Sokka: (he turns around and looks at his sister) That's just what Appa wants you to think. (He climbs further in and Appa closes his mouth around Sokka's legs as they flail around.)

Zuko: Get out of the bison's mouth, Sokka. (not looking very pleased) We have a real problem here. Aang is nowhere to be found and the comet is only 2 days away.

_: i hope wherever he is, that he's ok (hugs herself)

katara: dont worry, we will.

_: i hope so, for all of our sakes

Katara: (the girls are looking up at him) What should we do Zuko? (In the background, Sokka slides out of Appa's mouth and his entire body is covered in Appa's saliva.)

Zuko: (stands up) I don't know. (the rest continue to stare at him) Why are you all looking at me?

Katara: Well, you are kind of the expert on tracking Aang.

_: yep (popping the 'p')

Toph: (In the background, Sokka is seen standing up and trying to rub off the spit.) Yeah, if anyone's got experience hunting the Avatar,
(Sokka takes a step and slips as he hits the ground with a very loud groan) it's you. (Zuko looks down. the ocean near dusk as Appa flies swiftly towards some dark clouds. Zuko is on Appa's head while the rest watch him
from the saddle.)

Sokka: Zuko, I don't want to tell you how to do your job but why are we heading towards the Earth Kingdom? There's no way Aang's there.

Zuko: Just trust me.

_: i have a feeling i know why we're coming here

zuko: you have a feeling for everything dont you

_: (shrugs) its legend stuff i guess.

(Appa picks up the pace and soars into the horizon and growls.

a 3 storey building in the middle of a forested area. A group of people can be seen walking towards the door. Some patrons are gasping in shock and staring at something. the door opens to reveal Zuko and the rest of the group)

Katara: (observing warily) And the reason you brought us to a seedy Earth Kingdom tavern is what now?

Zuko: June.

(June sitting dismissively and sipping her tea as a huge burly man lunges as her. She stops him with her leg and pushes him down effortlessly as the man groans. The crowd gasps and are stunned. Junes miles at her success.)

Sokka: Oh yeah, that weird bounty hunter with the giant mole.

Suki: Mole? Her skin is flawless.

(June quickly getting off her seat as another opponent dressed like Ryu from Street Fighter crashes into her bench, breaking it into pieces. The previous opponent quickly scrambles away as "Ryu" takes another shot.)

Sokka: No, (June deftly dodges and spins away with her tea cup still in hand. "Ryu" continues to fight) she has this giant mole creature she rides around on.

_: a shirshu sokka, its a shirshu.

Zuko: Her shirshu (groans can be heard from the fight) is the only animal that can track Aang's scent anywhere in the World. It's the one shot we have of finding him.

("Ryu" tries to throw punches at June. It narrowly misses her tea cup as she throws it up into the air and time slows down and the tea cup rotates slowly. an angry and annoyed June and time resumes back to normal as she throws "Ryu" over her shoulder when he lunges at her. the patrons widen their eyes and scramble away. "Ryu" lands on the table a second later, knocking off all the dishes on the table. June grabs her falling tea cup without spilling any of its contents. She turns away and drinks her tea.)

Toph: I don't know who this June lady is but (crosses her arms and smiles widely) I like her.

(Aang sleeping in the forested area. momo licks Aang's face. He stirs and begins to wake up.)

Aang: (groans from sleepiness) Hey Momo, (sits up and rubs his head. Momo is clutching Aang's head protectively as momo looks around) I just had the strangest dream. (He opens his eyes with a surprised look on his face and surveys his surroundings. He turns his head towards the ocean) Wait...

(an area in the water looking at the forested area. the vast ocean with the forested area appearing to be in the middle of no where)

aang: Where are we?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161K 3.5K 20
This story takes place after the war has settled. Aang and Katara finally together, Zuko the firelord, Sokka being,...well Sokka, Toph happy and neve...
23.8K 666 12
Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avata...
852 49 8
Water Earth Fire Air My grandmother used to tell me stories about the old days: a time of peace when the Avatar kept balance between the Water Tribes...
109K 2.5K 22
COMPLETED! 'Aya's my angel and I'm never letting her go.' After seeing Azula strike Aang with her lightening, Aya's entire world fell into a black h...