avatar love story (aang x rea...

By avatarjenora

Guys, I love you, but stop reading this story. It's poorly written. I am slowly uploading the revision versio... More

Revision!
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chaper 5
chapter 5's moment
6
7
ch 7 part to
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
part 17 IM WHAT!!!?!!!?!!!
18
19
ch 20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33 part 1
33 part 2
33 part 3
33 part 4
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
46
47
48
49
50
50 part 2
51
sister to sister talk!
52
bonus
53
54
55
56
I am truly sorry

45

8.3K 217 296
By avatarjenora

Aang and his friends gathered around a campfire underneath a gnarled and twisted tree)
Sokka: Suddenly, they heard something down the hall, in the dark. Oooh... It came into the torchlight. And they knew the blade of Wing - Fun was haunted! Aah-ah...

(Sokka dramatically pulls his sword out and wails in an attempt to be scary. Aang, _, Katara, and Toph are unimpressed.)

Aang: I think I liked "the man with a sword for a hand" better.

Toph: (turns to _) Water Tribe slumber parties must stink.

_: i bet they do... i wouldnt know

toph: right.... sorry

_: is fine, it was my choice to leave and things for me turned out great.

Katara: No, wait, I've got one, and this is a true Southern Water Tribe story.

Sokka: Is this one of those "a friend of my cousin knew some guy that this happened to" stories?

Katara: No, it happened to Mom. (that gets everyones focused their attention) One winter, when Mom was a girl, a snowstorm buried the whole village for weeks. A month later, Mom realized she hadn't seen her friend Nini since the storm. So mom and some others went to check on Nini's family. When they got there, no one was home, just a fire flickering in the fireplace. While the men went out to search, Mom stayed in the house. When she was alone, she heard a voice, (little girl's voice) "It's so cold and I can't get warm." Mom turned and saw Nini standing by the fire. She was blue, like she was frozen. Mom ran outside for help, but... when every one came back, Nini was gone.

(Aang wraps Momo's ears around his head nervously. _ hiding in aangs chest. Sokka is hiding behind a tree trunk and peering over.)

Sokka: Where'd she go?

Katara: No one knows. Nini's house stands empty to this day. But sometimes, people see smoke coming up from the chimney, like little Nini is still trying to get warm.

(the gang huddled around the fire, looking through the twisted tree limbs. Toph gasps and places a hand to the ground.)

Toph: Wait. Guys, did you hear that? I hear people under the mountain, and they're screaming.

(Aang, _, Katara, Momo lala faith, and Sokka all hug each other, trembling with fear. Sokka soon regains his composure.)

Sokka: Pft, nice try.

(Cut back to the shot looking through the tree limbs.)

Toph: No, I'm serious, I hear something.

Katara: You're probably just jumpy from the ghost stories.

_: iii hearrrr it ttoo

Toph: It just stopped.

_: yeaahh

Aang: All right, now I'm getting scared.

Old Woman: Hello, children. (Aang, _, Katara, Sokka, lala, faith, and Momo all scream and run off, revealing her. They all gather around and hug Toph. She walks into the fire's light) Sorry to frighten you, my name is Hama. You children shouldn't be out in the forest by yourselves at night. I have an inn nearby, why don't you come back there for some spiced tea and warm beds?

Sokka: Yes, please.

(Hama smiles and walks away. everyone has gathered around a square table under a single lit lamp in the dining room. They all have cups of tea, and Hama is pouring Katara's.)

Katara: Thanks for letting us stay here tonight. You have a lovely inn.

_: yes, its seems very nice and cozy

Hama: Aren't you two sweet? You know, you all should be careful. People have been disappearing in those woods you were camping in.

Sokka: What do you mean, disappearing?

Hama: (ominously) When the moon turns full, people walk in, and they don't come out. (cheerfully) Who wants more tea? (she frowns. fearful expression the kids all have) Don't worry; you'll all be completely safe here. Why don't I show you to your rooms, and you can get a good night's rest?

(sokkas lying in his bed. Momo is asleep on the floor with his little family. The creaking of old trees is heard outside. Sokka rolling over, unable to fall asleep. He shuts his eyes, but opens them in terror when he hears a high pitched squeak from inside. Sokka grabs his sword and quickly sits up, drawing it. Momo chirps and hides under his covers, along with lala and faith. He looks around, but nothing is there, so he sheathes his sword.)

Sokka: I know, this place is creepy. I don't know if I'm gonna be able to fall asleep.

(Sokka pulls the covers up to his eyes and looks left and right nervously. not even a minute later, Sokkas fast asleep, snoring and drooling. Sokka is now lying over the side of his bed on the floor. Cut to an upside down close up of Sokka snoring. Someone walks up to him, casting their shadow over his face and waking him.)

Hama: Wakey-wakey. (Sokka wakes up and rubs his eyes) Time to go shopping.

(Katara walks into Sokka's view, smiling happily. Sokka is dressed and is carrying grocery bags with his sword in the town market. Hama handing three coins to a merchant. Hama, _ and Katara walking away as the old merchant smiles and waves goodbye)

Katara: That Mr. Yao seems to have a thing for you.

_: Maybe we should go back and see if he'll give us some free komodo sausages.

Katara: yeah

Hama: You would have me use my feminine charms to take advantage of that poor man?... I think you two and I are going to get along swimmingly.

Townsman: You won't have any ash bananas till next week?

Merchant: Well, I have to send the boy to Hing-Wa Island to get them, and it's a two-day trip.

Townsman: Oh, right, tomorrow's the full moon.

Merchant: Exactly, I can't lose another delivery boy in the woods.

Sokka, Aang, and Toph walk past the townsman and merchant, overhearing their conversation.

Sokka: People disappearing in the woods, weird stuff during full moons... this just reeks of spirit world shenanigans.

Aang: I bet if we take a little walk around town, we'll find out what these people did to the environment to make the spirits mad.

Sokka: And then you can sew up this little mystery, lickety-split, Avatar-style.

Aang: Helping people...that's what I do. (isnt he getting a big head, full of ego)

(Hama stops and turns to _ and Katara.)

Hama: Why don't you all take those things back to the inn? I just have to run a couple more errands. I'll be back in a little while.

Sokka: This is a mysterious little town you have here (looks right into Hama's face).

Hama: (cryptically and smiling) Mysterious town for mysterious children.

(Hama walks away. Sokka has an odd, confused expression. Sokka places the wooden bucket of groceries on the table)

Sokka: That Hama seems a little strange. Like she knows something, or she's hiding something.

Katara: That's ridiculous. She's a nice woman who took us in and gave us a place to stay. She kind of reminds me of Gran-Gran.

Sokka: But what did she mean by that comment, "mysterious children"?

_: (sarcastically) Gee, I don't know. Maybe because she found four strange kids, camping in the woods at night? (the thing is, she secretly has a strange feeling about her too)

Katara: Isn't that a little mysterious? (continuing her sisters thought)

Sokka: I'm gonna take a look around.

_ pov (havent done this in a while, and im sorry i havent)

Sokka walks out of the kitchen and up a nearby flight of stairs. the gang and i follow

Katara: Sokka! Sokka, what are you doing? You can't just snoop around someone's house.

Sokka: It'll be fine.

clearly when sokkas instinks say somethings off about someone its okay to just look aroundand search other peoples houses

Sokka proceeds to open one of the doors upstairs and glances inside the dark room. It is only a simple bedroom and he closes the door back.

Aang: She could be home any minute.

see aangs smart, he wants to stop.... but hes gonna get curious if we find something, isnt he...

Katara: (nervous) Sokka, you're gonna get us all in trouble, and this is just plain rude.

me: maybe we should just stop, lets go back

he chooses to ignore us, i love sokka, but man... when he doesnt listen you wanna punch him in the gut

Sokka: I'm not finished yet. [grunts] Come on...

me: your never finished when it comes to you an conspirisies.

he yanks the doors open. several marionettes fall being held in place by their strings. we all yelp in surprise. Sokka jumps back and draws his sword at the puppets in fright, his back against the wall and sliding to the floor, ok those dolls are creepy... im not gonna say anything but i dont put 100% trust in that woman.... theres something off... and those dolls give me the heebee jeebies

Aang: Ok, that's pretty creepy.

me: not creepy.. jjjjust plain scary... i HATE dolls, especialy that kind

i might have a small fear of dolls and puppets, nothing majer........small, small fear

Katara: (closes the doors) So... she's got a hobby. There's nothing weird about that. Sokka, you've looked enough. Hama will be back soon.

i try to cover the fear in my voice

me: cann wwe i clear my throat can we just stop looking.

this boy never listens! he goes to the attic... luckly its locked

Sokka: Just an ordinary, puppet-loving innkeeper, huh? Then why does she have a
locked door up here?

Katara: (angry) Probably to keep people like you from snooping through her stuff.

i swear i want to get out of here, i know somethings wrong... wrong with her (hama), but of course, no one will listen to me, to a 12 year old girl, so why even try.

Sokka: We'll see. It's empty except for a little chest.

Toph: (excitedly) Maybe it's treasure.

i dont know why, but other than kats necklace thats in most probably her pocket, i feel a small touch of home here... why, im not sure, but hey, i cant ALWAYS be the one with answers

of course my brother smiles at the thought of it being treasure, i swear, i sometimes wonder if hes a pirate... maybe he met a few one day and they rubbed off on him........ NAH....... and now hes trying to break in..... wow, my big brother, what a great roll modle everybody, give him a round of applouse, sokka, of the southern water tribe

Katara: Sokka, what are you doing?

me: You're breaking into a private room.

Sokka: I have to see what's in there.

the door opens, everyone goes in with ease but me, i was reluctant. but i managed to go into the room

Aang: We shouldn't be doing this.

_: thank you! listen to the avatar!

at least other then kat, aang is on the right side

he reaches down and picks up the chest. He tries to open it, but the chest is locked

Sokka: Maybe there's a key here somewhere.

Toph: Oh, hand it over.

oh great shes gonna have a crack at it, no ones listening... urg i want to use my abilities at him... i just noticed we never told sokka about me being the legend... wow... hes the only one out of the loop.

she bends some earth into a key, she tries to unlock it

Sokka: Come on, come on!

wooow its like seeing a kid eager to get an ice cream

Toph: This isn't as easy it looks.

Aang: (nervous) Guys, I don't know about this.

i dont get whats the big deal. sure i know something seems off about her.... but what can be so special that can be a key to the answers

Katara: This is crazy, I'm leaving.

Sokka: Suit yourself. Do it, Toph.

katara begins to leave, but as soon as a click is heard and its no longer locked, they all suround it to see whats inside, like its the only thing that matters..... i was right, aang couldnt fight the curiousity..... im the only one that isnt a snoop... plus kat, tho she too cracked at the end.

Hama: I'll tell you what's in the box.

they yell in fear and surprise, i try to hide a laugh at there dumb reaction, sokka hid the chest behind his back. we all look down in guilt, even tho i wasnt hovering the box, even hama saw i wasnt, but i still went in the room. sokka gave her the chest. Hama opens it and reaches inside. Sokka's eyes, wide with fear and anticipation. i roll my eyes. Hama begins to lift the object from the chest. The tension is lifted when the object is revealed to be nothing more than a simple blue comb made from whale bone. Hama smiles at them cheerfully. it looks like something that was from...... home.

Sokka: (disbelief) An old comb?

Hama: It's my greatest treasure. It's the last thing I owned from growing up in the Southern Water Tribe.

Sokka and Katara get waves of shock them much worse then the rest

Katara: You're from the Southern Water Tribe?

Hama: Just like you, your brother and sister

Katara: How did you know?

Hama: I heard you talking around your campfire.

well shes 'not' an easdopper (not sure thats the spelling, i did my best with it)

Sokka: But why didn't you tell us?

Hama: I wanted to surprise you. I bought all this food today so I could fix you a big, Water Tribe dinner. Of course, I can't get all the ingredients I need here, but ocean kumquats are a lot like sea prunes, if you stew them long enough.

Aang: (grimaces in utter disgust) Great.

i giggle and wrap my arm around his waist, he looked at me and smiled

Katara: I knew I felt a bond with you right away.

suuure, she just likes old people

Sokka: And I knew you were keeping a secret, so I guess we're both right. (Katara punches him in the arm) But I'm sorry we were sneaking around.
i have a feeling the real secret is much much bigger

Hama: Apology accepted. Now let's get cooking.

Hama placing a bowl of soup on the table.everyones seated at the dinner table, empty bowls placed in front of them. Aang leaning over to Toph

Aang: I'd steer clear of the "sea prunes".

Toph: I thought they were ocean kumquats.

Aang: Close enough.

i laugh to myself

Hama: Who wants five-flavor soup?

Aang, Katara, and Sokka raise their hands. i being the only civilized one said 'yes please'. Hama places her hand over the bowl of soup and bends the liquid out of it. With a flick of her fingers, she bends the soup into everyone's bowls, much to our amazement.)

Katara: You're a Waterbender! I've never met another Waterbender from our tribe other then my now official (why did she have to emfisize my tittle, i know shes not mad cuz we are both great benders now, she just showing me off, whyyy) master waterbending sister.

Hama: (sadly) That's because the Fire Nation wiped them all out. I was the last one.

Sokka: So how did you end up out here?

Hama: I was stolen from my home. (fade to a flashback of a young Hama in the Southern Water Tribe) It was over 60 years ago when the raids started.

(Hama walks over to a young Kana and they both giggle. Hama looks up as black snow begins to fall from the sky. Hama and Kana running up the steps to the top of the wall surrounding the village. Fire Nation ships floating out in the water, and large fire balls flying towards the camera. the village being bombarded. several firebenders marching away from the ships, ash and soot falling all around them. a firebender throwing fireballs in every direction. Villagers run away in fright, and another firebender runs onscreen behind him. A waterbender emerges from underneath the snow behind the firebender, encasing the firebender in the background in a pillar of ice and knocking the one in the foreground away with a trail of ice from the ground. A large net is thrown over the waterbender and he is dragged off screen. Hama and several other waterbenders as they fight of the firebenders. To of the waterbenders behind her are captured by the nets. A net is thrown over Hama, but she cuts it in half with a blade of water.)

Hama: They came again and again, each time, rounding up more of our Waterbenders, and taking them captive.

(Hama watches as the other water benders are dragged off towards the ships. Hama panting. her and several other waterbenders raising their arms upward. a Fire Nation ship being pushed up and trapped by the ice underneath that Hama and the other waterbenders are bending. It is the same ship that Aang _ and Katara went in)

Hama: We did our best to hold them off, but our numbers dwindled as the raids continued.

(The waterbenders behind Hama fade and disappear until only Hama is left. firebenders surrounding her She lowers her hands in defeat )

Hama: Finally, I too was captured.

(Hama surrounded by three large rings of firebenders. A Fire Nation flag flutters in the foreground. Hama being led up the steps of a Fire Nation ship, her hands shackled.)

Hama: I was led away in chains. The last Waterbender of the Southern Water Tribe.

(Hama standing at the top of the steps, flanked by the firebenders. young Kana, tears in her eyes, and a few other villagers looking back. a teary eyed Hama. A shadow passes over her. the stairs are pulled up. With a loud thud, the flash back ends. Hama in the present. Katara walks to Hama and puts her hands on Hama's shoulders consolingly.)

Hama: They put us in terrible prisons here in the Fire Nation. I was the only one who managed to escape.

Sokka: How did you get away? And why did you stay in the Fire Nation?

Hama: I'm sorry. It's too painful to talk about anymore.

Katara: We completely understand. We lost our mother in a raid.

me: i was 4 years old and i witnessed the hole thing

Hama: (patting mine and Katara's hand) Oh, you poor things.

(Aang and Sokka lower their heads solemnly)

Katara: I can't tell you what it means to meet you. It's an honor, you're a hero.

Hama: I never thought I'd meet another Southern Waterbender let alone 2. I'd like to teach you both what I know, so you can carry on the Southern Tradition when I'm gone.

Katara: (excitedly) Yes, yes of course! To learn about my heritage, it would mean everything to me.

_: it would be amazing, thank you

(Hama smiles)

just cuz im learnin from her, doesnt mean i trust her

Hama: Growing up at the South Pole, Waterbenders are totally at home surrounded by snow and ice and seas. But, as you probably noticed on your travels, that isn't the case wherever you go.

Katara: I know, when we were stranded in the desert, I felt like there was almost nothing I could do.

Hama: That's why you have to learn to control water wherever it exists.

Katara: I've even used my own sweat for waterbending.

Hama: That's very resourceful, Katara. You're thinking like a true master. But did you know you can even pull water out of thin air? (throws her hand out and creates a circle over her head, collecting the moisture in the air) You've got to keep an open mind, Katara. (cut to a close up of the water forming around her fingers and turning into icicles) There's water in places you never think about.

me: i knew that, i once pulled water out of air by accident

(Hama swings her hand around behind her and throws the icicles. They lodge themselves into the trunk of a nearby tree with ease. Cut to a close up of Hama. Katara and I are standing behind her, looking on happily)

end of pov

Aang: This has gotta be the nicest, natural setting in the Fire Nation. I don't see anything that would make a spirit mad around here.

Toph: Maybe the moon spirit just turned mean.

(Sokka takes a big whiff of some yellow flowers before turning to Toph.)

Sokka: (furious) The moon spirit is a gentle, loving lady. She rules the sky with compassion and... lunar goodness.

(A traveler walks down the nearby trail and Aang turns to him.)

Aang: Excuse me, sir. Can you tell us anything about the spirit that's been stealing people?
Traveling Townsman: Only one man ever saw it and lived, and that's Old Man Ding.

Toph: Where does Old Man Ding live?

(_, Katara and Hama walking through the field of red flowers dotted with large rocks. The mountain can be seen in the distance.)

_ pov

Katara: Wow, these flowers are beautiful.

Hama: They're called Fire Lilies. They only bloom a few weeks a year, but they're one of my favorite things about living here. And like all plants, and all living things, they're filled with water.

_: we met a Waterbender who lived in a swamp, and could control the vines by bending the water inside.

Hama: You can take it even further.

Hama waves her hands in a large circle, being the water right out of the fire lilies surrounding her, making them dry, black and shriveled. Hama completes the circle and chops her hand downward at tall rock. The water hits the rock and passes through, cleanly slicing off four pieces

Katara: That was incredible.

me: ya it is

katara: (stares down at the flowers sadly) It's a shame about the lilies, though.

Hama: They're just flowers. When you're a Waterbender in a strange land, you do what you must to survive. Tonight, I'll teach you the ultimate technique of Waterbending. It can only be done during the full moon, when your bending is at its peak.

ttthe ffullll mmoooonn... but i tthought... she cant be... can she

Katara: But isn't that dangerous?

me: I thought people have been disappearing around here during the full moon.

Hama: Oh, Katara _. Three master Waterbenders beneath a full moon? I don't think we have anything to worry about.

suure thats what she tells us

Katara and Hama begin walking away towards the forest, i of course follow.

end of pov

Aang: Old Man Ding?

(Old Man Ding glances back behind him just as he brings his hammer down on his thumb, causing him an immense amount of pain and to drop his hammer.)

Old Man Ding: Eeh, yeow! Aw, dang blame it! What? Can't you see I'm busy Got a full moon rising. And why does everyone call me that? I'm not that old. (crouches down to lift up a board, but is too weak) Aww... well, I'm young at heart. (Aang reaches down and helps him lift the board up to the window) Not ready to get snapped up by some moon monster, yet, at least.

Sokka: (takes the hammer and nail and proceeds to nail the board down) We wanted to ask you about that.

Aang: Did you get a good look at the spirit that took you?

Old Man Ding: Didn't see no spirit. Just felt something come over me, like I was possessed. Forced me to start walking toward the mountain. I tried to fight it, but I couldn't control my own limbs. (walks around a bit like he is possessed) It just about had me into a cave up there. And I looked up at the moon, for what I thought would be my last glimpse of light. But then, the sun started to rise. And I got control of myself again! I just high-tailed it away from that mountain as quick as I could!

Sokka: Why would a spirit want to take people to a mountain?

Toph: Oh, no! (she startles Aang and Sokka) _ and I did hear people screaming under the mountain. The missing villagers must still be there.

toph, Sokka, and Aang sprint through the woods until she stops and places a hand on the ground

Toph: I can hear them, they're this way.

(Toph, Aang, and Sokka all run towards the mountain. the full moon shining brightly in the sky. Katara _ and Hama in the woods.)

_ pov

im really worried... whats so special about the full moon, and why can we only do whatever it is we're doing durning it

Hama: Can you feel the power the full moon brings? (inhales deeply) For generations, it has blessed Waterbenders with its glow, allowing us to do incredible things. (she flexes her hand and as her veins begin to pop out. her staring at the moon, arms outstretched, then to an extreme close up of her face) I've never felt more alive.

me: yeah yeah it it feels great

ok i was 'ok' before, now im reeeally worried

(Toph, Aang, and Sokka making their way to the foot of the mountain. the inside of a cave as the three come to its mouth.)

Toph: This is the place.

Sokka: I can't see anything down there.

Toph: (takes Sokka's hand) That's why you have me, let's go.

(They all jump into the darkness of the cave. The camera zooms in, and the scene fades to darkness before returning to a shot of the inside of the cave. The camera pans right to a wall and metal doorway that are lit by two torches. Toph, Aang, and Sokka run up to it. Toph stops at the door, stomps her foot down behind her for support, and punches the door with both fists, knocking it off its hinges. They make their way further into the cave, Sokka and Aang lighting the way with the torches. Cut to their point of view as they enter a new chamber. They stop, and Sokka and Aang stare with shock as the torch light reveals dozens of men and women chained to the walls of the cave.)

1st Male Prisoner: We're saved.

(The three enter the chamber. Toph takes her armband off and begins unlocking one person's shackles.)

Aang: I didn't know that spirits made prisons like this, who brought you here?
Female Prisoner: It was no spirit.

2nd Male Prisoner: It was a witch.

Sokka: A witch, what do you mean?

Male Prisoner: She seems like a normal old woman, but she controls people like some dark puppetmaster.

Sokka: (angry) Hama!

1st Male Prisoner: Yes, the innkeeper.

Sokka: I knew there was something creepy about her.

Aang: We have to stop Hama! who knows what she'll do to _!... (they look at him)... aannd katara

Toph: I'll get these people out of here, you go.

(Sokka gives one of the freed prisoners his torch before running with Aang. Cut to a shot of a cat-owl sitting on a tree branch, directly in front of the moon, hooting and swishing its tail before flying away. Hama _ and Katara)

_ pov

Hama: What I'm about to show you, I discovered in that wretched, Fire Nation prison. (fade to a flashback of a close up of young Hama staring through the bars of a cell and looking down sadly) The guards were always careful to keep any water away from us. They piped in dry air, and had us suspended away from the ground.

oh man now im scared, this is how she got free, iknow it cant be anything good. it just cant be

(Cut to a panning right shot of the prison. The cells hang from chains, and there are pipes lining the walls. The guards stand on walkways between the cells.)

Hama: Before giving us any water, they would bind our hands and feet so we couldn't bend. Any sign of trouble was met with cruel retribution.

(Cut to a shot of a guard holding a cup attached to a long pole up to Hama mouth. Her hands are chained and pulled up above her as she drinks the water. The scene flashes white and returns to the present to a shot of the full moon.)

Hama: And yet, each month, I felt the full moon enriching me with its energy. There had to be something I could do to escape. (fade back to young Hama in her cell, staring at the moon shining through the grate in the prison ceiling) Then I realized that where there is life, there is water. The rats that scurried across the floor of my cage, were nothing more than skins filled with liquid. (an elephant rat crawls over the chains and into her cell. She flexes her hand, and the rat stiffens) And I passed years developing the skills that would lead to my escape. (fade back to a close up of Hama in the present) Bloodbending. Controlling the water in another body. (Katara stares at her in horror) Enforcing your own will over theirs. (fade to the flashback to a shot of young Hama controlling five elephant rats with her hand) Once I had mastered the rats, I was ready for the men...

(Cut to a profile shot of a prison guard walking down the walkway. He suddenly stops and his body begins to jerk unnaturally. He watches with fright as his own hand moves on its own and grabs the keys at his belt and he is dragged forward. Cut to a shot of Hama pulling the guards in with her bending and forcing him to unlock her cell. Cut to a shot of the guard falling to the floor. Hama jumps out of her cell behind him.)

Hama: And during the next full moon, I walked free for the first time in decades. (the guard tries to get up, but Hama presses her hand down, forcing him back down. Hama walks away, her legs unsteady and wobbly from months of inactivity) My cell unlocked by the very guards assigned to keep me in. (the scene flashes white and returns to a shot of Hama and Katara) Once you perfect this technique, you can control anything... or anyone.

Katara: (uneasy) But, to reach inside someone and control them? I don't know if I want that kind of power. and i dont think i want _ having that power either

Hama: The choice is not yours. The power exists...and it's your duty to use the gifts you've been given to win this war. Katara, _, they tried to wipe us out, our entire culture... your mother!

Katara/_: I know.

Hama: Then you should understand what I'm talking about. We're the last Waterbenders of the Southern Tribe. We have to fight these people whenever we can. Wherever they are, with any means necessary!

Katara: It's you. You're the one who's making people disappear during the full moons.

Hama: They threw me in prison to rot, along with my brothers and sisters. They deserve the same. You must carry on my work.

Katara: (defiant) I won't! I won't use bloodbending, and I won't allow you to keep terrorizing this town.

(Katara points her finger at Hama, but her arms twists to one side, then the other side, and behind her back. Katara grabs her arm and tries to stop it.)

Hama: You should have learned the technique before you turned against me. what about you! are you a traitor to!(i look at katara, an idea, and a dumb one at that, pops into my head, i walk to wards hama and she smiles, katara stares at me in disbelief and calls out to me, if only i can send her a mind message) (makes Katara stand straight up, stiff) It's impossible to fight your way out of my grip. I control every muscle, every vein in your body.

Hama uses bloodbending to twist Katara's body around and throw her from side to side. Hama causes Katara's body to twitch and jerk erratically, her hands in the foreground. Hama slowly brings her hands down, smiling sadistically. Katara is forced down to her knees. Tears begin to form in her eyes. its killing me)

Katara: Stop...please...... _

(Hama cackles sinisterly. the full moon. Katara looking down, tears streaming down her face. her hands on the ground. She clenches her fists, and the grass around them shrivels and dies. Katara lifts her eyes at Hama in anger. Hamas smile quickly fades and her laughter ends. Katara stands back up and takes a deep breath, lifting her hands.)

Katara: You're not the only one who draws power from the moon. all waterbenders do. My bending is more powerful than yours, Hama, surely not as strong as _s, but Your technique is useless on me!

Hama and Katara both enter their battle stances. Katara lifts her arms up and bends the water out of the grass and into a ring around her. She hops forward, spins once, and flings the water at Hama. Hama takes the water with her bending and redirects the attack back at Katara. Katara skillfully takes the water back, spins back around, and flings the water back again, countering the counter-attack. Hama extracts the water from two trees, creating two large torrents, and throws them forward before taking Katara's attack and flinging it back again. The three torrents all form one massive torrent of water and fly towards Katara. Katara steps back and presses her hand forward, blocking the attack. i really dont want to watch, The scene goes into slow motion as the water is completely blocked, exploding into a spectacular shower of droplets. Cut to a close up Katara, the droplets reflecting her eyes, then to Hama, the droplets reflecting her shock and fear. The scene goes back to full speed as Katara dashes forward and circles her arms inward. The water hanging in the air is bent into two torrents, one hitting Hama head, the other her feet, spinning her in mid air like a yin-yang and knocking her down as she yells. Hama slowly rises up as Sokka and Aang run into the area. oh no!)

Sokka: We know what you've been doing, Hama!

Aang: Give up, you're outnumbered.

Hama: No. You've outnumbered yourselves. _ prove yourself to me, heres your first two practice dumbies

oh man......... i couldnt take her, im not strong willed like katara, im to scared, i wount be able to composure myself like katara did, i have no choice.

(i raise both arms and Aang and Sokka's bodies stiffen. Hama smiles. i fling them at Katara. she looks at me shocked, i cant blame her. Katara leaps between the two, dodging them, gathers more water from the grass and flings it at Hama as she rises. Hama extracts the water from another tree and creates a massive spinning wheel of water in front of her body to forcibly block the attack.

me: im sorry (i know they didnt hear me, but i hope they did, but i couldnt risk hama hearing me as well)

(Katara is ready for more when Sokka comes at her with his sword.... because of me, im ashamed, tears want to fall but i blink them away)

Sokka: Katara, look out! It's like my brain has a mind of its own. Stop it, arm, stop it!

(i wave my arms to the side, controlling Sokka and making Katara back away. Katara extracts more water from the grass and knocks Sokka away with it. Aang is then controlled at is forced to attack Katara. aang, no!)

Aang: This feels weird.

me: alright! THATS IT!!!

im im in my legend state, my eyes are glowing purple surely. and im in control. im just standing there tho, masive amounts of wind flowing all around me, my fists clenched at what hama was doing to aang, that was thelast straw!

they all look at me stunned (espesially sokka) then get back to whatevers going on

(Katara smashes the water hard into Aang, knocking him into a tree. Katara throws the water at Aang and freezes it, pinning him to the tree.)

Katara: I'm sorry, Aang.

Aang: It's ok.

(Hama bloodbends Sokka to attack again. Sokka swinging his sword, his face full of fear. Katara quickly extracts the water from a sapling and flings it at Sokka's sword arm. He is sent flying back and hits a tree. Katara freezes the water and pins him there)

Hama: Don't hurt your friends, Katara... and don't let them hurt each other.

(The camera zooms out to a shot of Hama with her arms outstretched. She lowers her stance and pulls her arms in. Aang and Sokka are both pulled off the trees, and are sent flying towards each other. Sokka's sword is pointed forward intended to impale Aang. Both of them scream in terror. Cut to a close up of Katara.)

Katara/me: No!

(Sokka and Aang both stop just before the sword can pierce the airbender. both freeze, im bloodbending them both to stop moving, over powering hama. then i heard something, i see katara and i then stop what im doing. Both stare at their hands, realizing they have control again. They look to Hama, who stiffens and twitches, full of fear. katara, it was Katara, her hands stretched outward, bloodbending Hama. Katara is shocked at first, then slowly brings her hands down, forcing Hama to her knees. i couldnt let her continue, i bloodbend her, katara looks at me and is blank, but i know that she knows i never wanted to hurt her or our friends, she stops bending and its all up to me... i can believe the monster that hama made us become. she hurt my family, made me and katara bloodbend, hurt inocent people, bloodbended aang! im outraged, my eyes arestill glowing and i have a small feeling my anger is starting to overpower my control i bend her to the floor then i lift her up and throw her to a tree i then bring her back to her knees when my anger was brought down. Hama struggles to get back up, but glances back when Toph and the prisoners arrive. my eyes quickly go back to normal. Hama's hands being bound by shackles. everyone surrounding her.)

1st Prisoner: You're going to be locked away forever.

(Two of the prisoners begin to lead Hama away.)

Hama: My work is done. (cut to a close up as she turns her head to me and Katara) Congratulations, _, Katara. You're bloodbenders now.

both katara and i begin to cry after covering our mouths to lower the cries, she cried slowly while i cried a puddle... i bloodbended more then she did, my legend state anger made me do unnesissary things to her, i lost control for a second, im now on my knees she followed after we cried into eachothers arms... i wanted to make the blood in my heart stop after what i did.

katara managed to calm herself alittle, a tear or two every minut or so. but i was still at my stage of brawling my eyes out. toph tried to hug me, but after what i did i didnt desurve the confort. i tried to speak threw my cries

me: im so so sorry!

toph: its not your fault, it was defence

i stopped crying, now i just need to deal with the sobbing

me: no it wasnt!you werent there toph, i was the first to bloodbend! i controlled sokka and aang at one point because i was weak and scared! to scared to even try to stand up to her! scared to be in the same position as katara! i was a weak and selfish fool! then she bloodbended aang! i had it, she then crossed my line! i lost control and went into my legend state! she made katara bloodbend at her! i couldnt take that! then everything she did ran threw my mind and i lost even more control! in my state i couldnt i didnt stop myself from what i did to her! im a monster!

aang got down on his knees, he sat next to me.

aang: everyone gets scared and does things they arent proud of. you didnt mean to let any harm come our way, i know you only went threw it at first a little to learn smal parts of it to use against her. your not a monster

me: yes i am

he tucks a strand of loose hair thats infront of my face behind my ear.

me: i-i want to make my heart stop

i hear their gasps, they turn to toph to see if i was bluffing or not, toph had atear run down her face then only turned around, they knew that was her silent way of saying 'shes telling the truth' katara and sokka look sad and really upset, devestated even, but aang, aang was angry that i even said it, thought it, true or lie he was angry i wanted and said such a thing. he makes me face him

aang: dont. dont EVER say that! we need you! we care about you! your not a monster!! i would of probably done the same thing! dont even THINK that thats a thing you should do! i need you n/n. i dont know what id do without you

a tear slides down his face

how can he still care, all of them, after what i did did i really mean that much

me: i i just hate this

aang: come here

he wraps his arms around me hugging me tight, not wanting to let go, i didnt care, i held onto him as if, for dear life. and cried again, i knew it was hard for them to see me like this. toph and i were the emotionaly physicaly (power) and mentaly strong ones in the group, its nurvewreaking to see either of us like this, like the little kids we are

katara: lets give them a minute

they left us alone im in aangs arms crying my heart out, im not to sure if id ever get over this. if i do it'll be the day my brothers invasion plan works...... so im pretty much hoping it does. aang kisses te top of my head. he pulls me away slightly. he brushes my tears away. he slowly planted kisses on my face, forhead, nose, cheeks chin, then a small peck on my lips. if it wasnt for the big haunting event that just happened id probably blush. he then looks at me and gives me a smile, him 'telling' me 'everything will be ok'. im glad hes here, i dont even think katara wouldof been able to calm me down. he held me again, i was so tired that i couldnt move. i fell asleep in his arms. and i wouldnt want it any other way...... tho he wont be able to protect me from the thoughts of the evil bending that i have learnt to do forever, it will be something i will always dread and fear. and i dont think theres a single thing that will relive me from it

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

296K 9.8K 96
Water.... Earth... Fire... Air A long time ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. The skies were filled with life and the land with love, b...
475 10 4
Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avata...
41.1K 1.2K 30
Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked, completely er...
70K 1.2K 41
| zuko {a:tla} 1 water & fire don't usually mix but maybe this time it does - in which the daughter of a water tribe general is taken by the prince...