The Lion's Heart | A Stepmoth...

Per feysarchive

Unlike her family, which is known for their talented skills in knighthood for generations, Karina Von Tarjun... Més

Welcome
Disclaimer
Characters Introduction
Chapter 1: The first meet
Chapter 2: The lion cubs' escapes
Chapter 3: Mother of the golden lions
Chapter 5: To the lions' den
Chapter 6: The banquet
Chapter 7: Troubles
IMPORTANT
Chapter 8: Sickness visits
Chapter 9: Caught
Chapter 10: Cheer up!
Chapter 11: The knight and the troublemaker

Chapter 4: Stain of the house

626 41 11
Per feysarchive

Karina became flustered after Jeremy finished putting on the shoe on her. Her eyes were darting everywhere anxiously. Her heart was beating at a rapid speed, and her face was getting redder. She could have sworn smoke was coming out on top of her head.

It was dangerous for her to stay here any longer.

So she did what she could only think of at this moment.

R.U.N

"T-THANKS!" Karina's voice boom inside the quiet alleyway as a gust of wind pass by.

"M-my lady, please wait!" Mandy panic and cried out, Everette followed suite, closely, running after them.

Rachel stood beside Jeremy, gawking at him still in disbelief that her idiotic brother, whose head was filled with swords and fighting, did something gentleman like, "Did you eat something bad today, brother?"

Jeremy, in response, pinch Rachel's cheek. Rachel retaliated by attempting to pinch his, but due to her short height, she was bound to fail.

Shuli was still bewildered by what she witnessed earlier but soon shook her thoughts off and clapped her hand, grabbing her children's attention on her, "Kids, let's go back home..."

Elias grunted and scowled, "But I'm so hungry."

The twins also agreed, and Shuli sighed. She thought the three of them would forget all about eating, but it seemed like they were still hungry despite going through a horrifying event, "Alright, why don't we have a meal at the best restaurant here?"

Elias and the twins celebrated happily --- raising both their arms up.

"Im sorry to interrupt but madam."

"What should we do about this?" The knight referred to the man they captured. The man was trembling with fear as all of the people present were watching him with disgust and hatred.

"Burn him alive and feed him to the pigs!" Rachel suggested, Leon nodding in agreement.

"Not bad." Elias chirped in. "Count me in." Jeremy added.

Shuli laughed nervously at her children violent outburst, "Give him to the imperial guards scouting the area. They will know what to do. "

"Yes ma'am" the knights saluted and proceeded with Shuli's order.

"Thank you so much, Sir Everette." Karina said to the knight with short brown hair. Everette smiled, "It's my duty, Lady Karina."

Once Karina bid farewell to Everette, Karina slumped down on her seat in her carriage. Her face was still hot as she couldn't stop thinking about her sudden interaction with Jeremy.

Karina never imagined that a scene that usually happens in story books she reads to the orphans would occur to her. The storybooks involving a prince putting on his love interest's shoes for them had never clicked inside Karina's mind, nor had she paid any interest on that grand gesture.

But she was bound to look at that scene differently now.

"Are you alright, my lady?" Mandy grinned, knowing well as to why Karina was acting weird.

"Mandy! why am I feeling all flustered and hot. I can't stop blushing. My heart is beating fast. And above all..."

"...I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT HIM!"

Mandy chuckled at her mistress' gush. "It looks like you have a crush, my lady."

Karina covered her face and let out a muffled scream to which Mandy let out a laugh. Feeling amused at the scene unfolding.

"My lady... I hate to ruin your happy moment, but can't you bring a knight for your daily visit to the orphanage. "

Karina grew silent at Mandy's words."What happened today doesn't sit well to me. If something happens to you --- well, thankfully, the heir of Neuschwanstein was there to help you. What if he wasn't there? I dread to think of what would happen to you, my lady."

Mandy patiently waited for Karina to respond back to her. Mandy knew that mentioning the marquess had always been a sensitive topic for Karina.

It was a known fact that Karina had a strained relationship with the marquess and Arthur. The only person whom she is close within the house of ravens was Austin, her brother of the same age. However, Austin was rarely at home as he is currently attending a knight boarding school.

"You're right, Mandy. I should ask one of the knights to escort me during my next visits." Karina gave Mandy a reassuring smile.

Mandy gave her a toothy grin, feeling satisfied with her young lady's decision.

'A knight...'

Karina raised her hand up, shielding herself from the blinding lights of the sun, setting down through the gaps of the carriage curtain, but the gaps between her slim fingers still caught bits of the sun light. The shining light passes between her fingers on to her eyes. Karina's eyes flickered at the sudden light shining upon her eyes.

Mandy noticed this and fixed the loose curtains, pulling it closely to avoid any shine of the sunlight going through.

Having said that, Karina's mind was already elsewhere. Anywhere but the present. Her mind has brought her on a stroll to a memory lane. Though, the path for strolling was laced with poisonous vines in which a single tiny prick would bring a tremendous amount of pain to those who walked on it.

It was 7 years ago, when 8 years old Karina had just been informed from a nun of the orphanage she was residing in that she would be taken in by a noble of high status. One would assume that it was the greatest most grandest blessing an orphan like Karina could ever have gotten. Getting taken in by a family but even more so by a high-ranking noble coming from a wealthy and famous family.

Karina also thought that way.

But when little Karina arrived at the house of Tarjun. It was nothing like she imagined. Not like the storybooks she read where the wealthy lived in happiness and the princess of the family was loved by all.

'I was just a naive little girl.'

Her memory instantly remembered the day during her 12th birthday.

"Until you are married, you will live here in the Tarjun estate and will be under my care." The marquess told Karina when her 12th birthday came --- a few months before her debutante ball was held.

"The heinrich family only daughter already had her debutante when she was still so young. I was hoping you could do the same, but since you came to the estate at 8 years old, it was inevitable that your lack of knowledge and etiquette will hinder you from holding a debutant ball."

The marquess smiled, but Karina didn't feel any warmth from his smile. His smile felt force and pity, not a smile she had expected to receive from a father back when she was still at the orphanage.

"Do as I say, Karina... and your life will be perfect in no time."

Karina gulped, and her grip on her skirt tightened.

Fortunately, Karina's debutante went well. She had received praises from other nobles, be it from a relative or close acquaintances of her father.

"Well done, with this, your marriage proposals will come in no time." The marquess nodded in approval. His mood slightly boosted up compared to other days, where Karina was met with a pair of cold gaze and distant demeanour.

"Father...I ---"

A knock on the door interrupted Karina and caused her to stop talking. Karina looked behind her to see a dark blue haired boy opening the door. He walked past Karina, and she took a glance at his grey eyes that had no spark in them. Karina had never seen the day when her older brother, Arthur, had given her a fond look.

Arthur stood in front of her --- his back facing her.

"You called for me, father?" Arthur said with a flat tone. "Please excuse us, Karina." Marquess Tarjun spoke.

Karina bit her lips before giving the marquess a curt nod. Once she exited, Karina left the door slightly ajar --- enough to listen into what the two were conversing.

"Arthur, I would like to appoint a knight for Karina. But for the time being, can you be her personal knight?"

Karina eyes glimmered as soon as she heard what her father said, "Big bro is going to be my knight?"

What Arthur said next, however, made her drop her smile.

Arthur flinched, and his eyebrows furrowed. "Why would you ever think I would accept this, father?"

"You do know I hate being with that girl for even a second?"

Marquess Tarjun crossed his arms and stared at his eldest son indifferently. "She is your sister, Arthur."

Arthur's scoffed at his father's words. It felt like a joke but a joke meant to be insulted on rather than laugh at.

"My sister? that girl is just someone who existed because of a mistake. She is just a mere stain, an imperfect stain that ruins our perfect house. A dirty stain that can easily be removed."

Marquess Tarjun bang his fist on his office desk.

"ARTHUR!"

The room went silent for a moment. Arthur winced at his father's loud voice, but he still stood high with a firm posture.

"Whether you like it or not, I will not change my mind. Obey my order."

The two individuals spoke a few more words, yet Karina could not hear what they were saying. What her brother had said lingers in her mind.

She agreed. She was just a stain --- an embarrassing stain that dirties the image of the Tarjun family. An illegitimate child.

But it still pains her to listen to her brother, saying the exact words that everyone says behind her back.

From this moment, 12 year-old Karina realised the hard cold truth.

Arthur Von Tarjun will never be the big brother she always dreamed of having.

>>>>
A/n : So my dumbass thought that the royal family had a phoenix as their official logo, but it was actually an eagle. So, I had to change some stuff in the last chapter. Sorry for the error!

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

30.3K 2.6K 31
[ UNDER EDITING ] *SidNaaz Fanfiction* Its strange how tables can turn in a night..... How a person you once crossed paths with randomly , becomes so...
286 22 3
🐇🧸 welcome to new journey ❤️❤️❤️ Junminjae ~ 🛑 [This book is made just for entertainment purpose only.nothing on this book is real....this book do...
127K 11.6K 74
"...you hold all my secrets and you are the one thing that can destroy me if you choose to." -Kim Seokjin He spent his entire life doing what he was...
335K 14K 41
A'roya, a black woman trapped in an abusive marriage controlled by both her mother and husband, discovers that she has a mate who happens to be a vam...