Chapter 4: Stain of the house

Karina became flustered after Jeremy finished putting on the shoe on her. Her eyes were darting everywhere anxiously. Her heart was beating at a rapid speed, and her face was getting redder. She could have sworn smoke was coming out on top of her head.

It was dangerous for her to stay here any longer.

So she did what she could only think of at this moment.

R.U.N

"T-THANKS!" Karina's voice boom inside the quiet alleyway as a gust of wind pass by.

"M-my lady, please wait!" Mandy panic and cried out, Everette followed suite, closely, running after them.

Rachel stood beside Jeremy, gawking at him still in disbelief that her idiotic brother, whose head was filled with swords and fighting, did something gentleman like, "Did you eat something bad today, brother?"

Jeremy, in response, pinch Rachel's cheek. Rachel retaliated by attempting to pinch his, but due to her short height, she was bound to fail.

Shuli was still bewildered by what she witnessed earlier but soon shook her thoughts off and clapped her hand, grabbing her children's attention on her, "Kids, let's go back home..."

Elias grunted and scowled, "But I'm so hungry."

The twins also agreed, and Shuli sighed. She thought the three of them would forget all about eating, but it seemed like they were still hungry despite going through a horrifying event, "Alright, why don't we have a meal at the best restaurant here?"

Elias and the twins celebrated happily --- raising both their arms up.

"Im sorry to interrupt but madam."

"What should we do about this?" The knight referred to the man they captured. The man was trembling with fear as all of the people present were watching him with disgust and hatred.

"Burn him alive and feed him to the pigs!" Rachel suggested, Leon nodding in agreement.

"Not bad." Elias chirped in. "Count me in." Jeremy added.

Shuli laughed nervously at her children violent outburst, "Give him to the imperial guards scouting the area. They will know what to do. "

"Yes ma'am" the knights saluted and proceeded with Shuli's order.

"Thank you so much, Sir Everette." Karina said to the knight with short brown hair. Everette smiled, "It's my duty, Lady Karina."

Once Karina bid farewell to Everette, Karina slumped down on her seat in her carriage. Her face was still hot as she couldn't stop thinking about her sudden interaction with Jeremy.

Karina never imagined that a scene that usually happens in story books she reads to the orphans would occur to her. The storybooks involving a prince putting on his love interest's shoes for them had never clicked inside Karina's mind, nor had she paid any interest on that grand gesture.

But she was bound to look at that scene differently now.

"Are you alright, my lady?" Mandy grinned, knowing well as to why Karina was acting weird.