Chapter 11: The knight and the troublemaker

Days, after days, the cold weather began to rapidly increase its way to the Kaiserreich empire. As days gone by and turned into weeks, it was almost the end of the year. However, it also meant that a day filled with prosperity and joy is ready to be welcome in open arms.

Christmas is nearing, but for the Tarjun estate, they have another matter they have to greet in their arms.

Karina, who was preparing herself to go on an outing to search for christmas presents, let out an exhausted breath. This action caused Mandy to halt herself from styling her young miss' long silky hair into her usual braided up-do hairstyle.

"He is set to come back any time this week, right Mandy?"

Mandy knew what Karina meant and stuck a strain smile on her face. "It appears so, my lady."

Karina grunted and harshly rubbed her forehead. "Ahh, my lady, please don't do that. You'll ruin your soft skin!"

"Ugh, every year, I can't help but feel so tired when Christmas morning comes. Austin is so picky with his gifts."

Mandy chuckled. "I am sure my lady will be able to find a perfect gift for young master. Young Miss did successfully so last year."

"Yes, but it took me days to find his so-called perfect gift."

Mandy crouched down and whispered to Karina. "Well, since the palace banquet is coming near, why don't you buy something related to the event. Young master's atittude is a bit..."

Mandy sweat-drop once she made eye contact with Karina's expression through the reflection of her miss' vanity mirror. "He loves to boast about the gifts I got him to his friends. Boasty Brat." Her eyes changed into small rounds, and her eyebrows form into straight lines, indicating how done she was with her brother's infamous personality.

"Why does he love to boast about me to his friends, anyways Mandy?" Karina innocently looks up to Mandy. Mandy paused and had to inhale for a moment as she made eye contact with Karina.

'It's because the young master's friends admire you, my lady!' Her grip on the hair brush she was holding tightened at Karina's oblivious. Karina tilt her head, and a small bead of sweat appeared on her right cheek at Mandy's reaction.

Karina was only 15 years old, yet she had already exuded a steady path to grow up into quite a beauty, yet for now, Mandy could only find her young miss features adorable.

Mandy held a promise with herself that she would work hard to shape Karina to be a woman with striking beauty, hoping society would grant Karina with a title as the gorgeous or something along those lines once she becomes an adult.

And Mandy has 4 years left to do so.

"Hey Gil, wanna spar today?" A knight wearing a silver and black coloured theme uniform called out to a young man who was making his way out from the Tarjun training grounds.

"Can't." The knight with orange coloured hair and light sapphire coloured eyes  named Gil declined.

"Wait, why?? Ah, now I remember. The marquess appointed you to be the young miss' personal guard."

Gil only stared blankly as his peer continued on talking. "Why did the marquess choose you anyway? there's a lot of other knights which can look out for the young miss. I just can't understand why someone as skilled as you have to babysit."

"I mean, the young miss will leave this house once she marries anyways, right? I just hope this won't hinder you from training and deteriorating your swordsmanship --- Hey, you're leaving? are you mad?"