Chapter 2: The lion cubs' escapes

"What do you mean they dissappeared!?" Everette questioned the knight she had put to be in charge of watching over the Neuschwanstein children while she and Jeremy had gone over to where Shuli went. The knight lowered his head down as a gesture of devastation --- feeling disappointment for slacking off while on duty. "My apologies, madam and young master."

Shuli tried her best to seem calm, but alas, it did little to nothing. She couldn't help but think of so many things that could happen to Elias and the twins. Her encounter with her older brother has especially made it a lot harder for her to ease her mind. What if Lucas found the twins and used them as a threat? What if he comes face to face with Elias and hurts him?

Shuli took a deep breath and made a soothing motion on her chest, doing the best she could to relieve her heart and ignore the negative thoughts that were swirling in her mind. She should put her main priority right now on finding the children as quickly as she can.

"For now, we should notify the knights guarding this area first....Jeremy you--"

Shuli stopped talking, and her eyes popped out once she found Jeremy no longer beside her, Shuli suddenly felt a gust of wind blowing her hair and her guards. It was as if the wind appeared to comfort them of the Neuschwanstein children naughtiness.

"Oh dear....one of these days, my children will give me a heart attack." Shuli said defeatingly, a single droplet of tears rolling down her cheek.

"Madam..", her knights tried to comfort her, puting on a loose smile.

Passing by multiple restaurants and dessert shops on the shopping district, Jeremy's hunch seems to fail one after another. If he knew his siblings very well, they would have gone to search for something to eat given with how hungry they were earlier, but even a strand of their hair were nowhere to be found nearby any of the food shops he visited.

"Damn, if they're not here....where could they have gone to?" Jeremy clicked his tongue in annoyance. He started rushing down the streets by the shops and noticed a familiar redhead wandering around lifelessly by a dessert shop.

It was none other than his stupid brother.

Elias aimlessly looked around the area, scanning to see if his little siblings were around. He has been doing so since earlier.

Elias exhaustingly called out to his younger siblings' name, "Leon....Rachel....where.... did you go?"

Earlier, the three of them made a grand getaway while their knights were distracted. The three felt as if they were stealthy assassins, sneaking by the guards to execute their main objectives.

However, Elias found himself to be regretting that decision. He had separated himself from the twins when a crowd rushed by him, clouding his view from the twins, by the time the crowd dispersed he found out that the twins were nowhere near him which is why he was now alone--- searching for any traces of Rachel and Leon.

His brother would definitely murder them on the spot if he were here, especially Elias, since he has lost track of the twins. He shudders to think what Jeremy will do to him if he finds out he was the one who initiated the escape plan.

"Hey Elias." Jeremy popped up beside him, eyeing him sharply.

"Oh brother Jeremy, have you seen Rachel and Leon?" Elias spoke without thinking. It took him a brief moment to realise who he had spoken to.

"BROTHER JEREMY!?"

Silence fell down between the two brothers, and the colours from Elias' face disappeared.

Jeremy grabbed Elias by the back of his collar, blowing his chance to escape, "You brat, why didn't you stay with the knights...if something happens to you, shuli will.."