Chapter 6: The banquet

Karina was satisfied with what dress the maid had picked for the banquet today.
Her dress was in the colour of beige. In the centre of the neatly draped fabric  bertha, a satin ribbon of small purple flower with green leaves was in the middle. The sleeves were short and slightly puffy with white transparent lace sewn on the sleeves, and the same flowers in the centre were planted on each side of the bertha. A white cotton fabric with small ruffles cutted through the centre of the dress until it reaches the waist. At the near bottom of the skirt, a small long white colour fabric was stiched around the skirt with the same flowers patched on --- arranged accordingly.

Afterwards, the maids did her wavy ash brown hair, which were styled in her usual braided half up and half down hairstyle. Another maid tied the ribbon the marchioness had gifted on her half up do hair. Finally, Karina put on a pair of white colour elbow length gloves to finish up her look of the day.

"You look so pretty, my lady." One of the maids said in a cheery tone with the other agreeing. Karina smiled at them, "Oh my, it's all because my maids are talented at dressing me up."

The maids giggled at Karina's compliment. "Alright ladies, you guys can go now. The miss needs to prepare to leave." Mandy said at them. The maids gave a slight bow to Karina before leaving the room.

Mandy smirked at Karina once they were left alone. "My lady, you are really trying your best today, I see. Are you trying to impress someone?"

Karina blushed at Mandy's comment and cleared her throat.

Mandy chuckled and glanced at the grandfather clock inside of her lady's room. "It looks like the maids finished dressing my lady on time. Shall we go?"

Karina heaves a sigh and pumps both her fists up before going downstairs to her carriage.

On the way to the Neushwanstein estate. The carriage ride was as always quiet and felt eerie. One would instantly want to escape the ride given by how awkward and unsettling it was to be in.

Karina has been through this for the longest time, but not once has she gotten used to it. Karina was sitting alone at the back seats facing the front seats, which were closer to the coachmen. In front of her were her father and older brother. Their seating spots had been naturally designated the way they were. Karina was unsure how each of them claimed their spots in the carriage, but it has been that way since Karina first came to the house.

Karina is sitting facing the Marquess while Austin would be sitting beside her facing Arthur.

"The son of Duke Nuremberg will definitely be attending this banquet, Karina."

Karina tilted her head, confused at her father sudden mention of the duke of Nuremberg's son. "I heard he is the same age as you."

"What are you implying, Father?"

The marquess smirked, but his dark yellow eyes again showed nothing but coldness. "I want you to ask him for a dance at the banquet."

Karina frowned. "But father, I thought you wanted me to get closer to Jeremy..."

Arthur stopped looking out the carriage window and glared at Karina. "You dare call his name casually? this is the heir of Neuschwanstein we are talking about."

"In case you did not know, Jeremy and I have established a friendship!" Karina talked back harshly. Well, Karina is actually just bluffing. She doesn't really know what Jeremy views her at this point, but she hated at how impertinent Arthur was to her that she couldn't help but create a little white lie.

"That's enough, you two." The marquess said with a breathy tone shutting his eyes. The two siblings did as they were told, not wanting to anger the marquess.