The Gold Paladin

Par Rubyrose645

I remember that day like it was yesterday... The day I lost everything... my home, my planet, my family, and... Plus

Call me.... Novae
Return of Voltron
Training Begins
Form Voltron
Return of the Gladiator
Our First Battle
Party Gone Wrong
Tears of a Balmera
Taking Flight
Rebels
Balmera
Reborn.... Once Again
Venom Nightmares
Collection and Extraction
The Black Paladin
Saving A Paladin
Stranded Across the Universe
The Escape
Goodbye.... Old Friend
Olkarion
Greening the Cube
Escape The Storm
Storm Clouds
Ark of Taujeer
Saving the Ark
In the Lion
The Blades
Welcome to Beta Traz
Stayin' Alive
Begin To Fight
Blackout
Changing Guard
The Red Paladin
The Hunted
Hole in Space
Alternate Reality
Tracking a Comet
The Comet
The Beginning of Her Legend
Code of Honor
Black Site
Her Truth
The First Death: Her weakness, her strength
The Second Death: Her Lie That Saved Lives.
The Third Death: Her Bond Through Tears
The Fourth Death: The One Who Holds Lost Knowledge
The Fifth Death: The Strength. The Shield. The Sacrifice.
The Sixth Death: The Heart. The Smile. The Light.
The Seventh Death: The Armor. The Paladin. The Friend.
50 Chapter Special!!!
Begin the Blitz
The New Defender
The Prisoner
Blood Duel
Postmortem
Kral Zera
Discovery
The White Lion
Secrets and Answers
Golden Shield
Betrayal
I'm Sorry....
All Things Well...
Thank you... For Everything
A Little Adventure
The Road to Estellia
The Way Forward
Estellia
Bringing Back A Lost Star
Pure Starlight
The Last Stand
Return to Earth
Save Earth!
Zaiforge Cannons
Atlas Rises
Lion's Pride PT. 1
Lion's Pride Pt. 2
After the Battle
Launch Date
Prisoner's Dilemma
The Abandoned Ship
Battle Scars
The Grudge
The Genesis
Guardian
Day Forty-Seven
A Golden Celebration
Knights of Light pt. 1
Knights of Light Pt. 2
Knights of Light Pt. 3
Uncharted Regions
The Last Battle...
A Bright Beginning

The Zenith

405 17 7
Par Rubyrose645

Honerva and her new hideous Robeast stood tall on space, the energy she had gathered from all over the universe swirling behind her. The blast from Honerva's energy shockwave weakened the Paladins enough to disband from Voltron. But not even feeling exhausted from the blast made the pain fade.

Novae breathed heavily as her power was drained bit by bit.

"Young Star, are you all right?" Zaurelia asked.

"I'm still alive. And I don't plan to die again anytime soon." Novae replied.

"Paladin, report status." Keith said.

"I'm offline." Lance reported.

"Me, too." Pidge said.

"I'm well enough to keep going." Novae replied.

"Uh, guys, are you seeing this?" Hunk asked, speaking about the massive energy being pulled from the spires of the temple to Honerva and the wings on her Robeast.

"What are those things doing?" Lance asked.

"That's how she's getting in." Pidge gasped.

"What do you mean?" Keith asked.

Novae grit her teeth and gripped her controls so hard that her knuckles turned white, "She's using those wings to pierce the barriers between realities. It's her entry point."

"Our universe is collapsing, just like the day we lost the Castle of Lions." Coran said, "Those wings are causing the very fabric of our reality to disintegrate!"

"Then we're gonna stop that thing before it breaks through." Hunk said determinedly as his Lion powered up, "Yellow Lion's back!"

"Hunk, get your passengers back to the Atlas." Keith ordered.

"Copy that." Hunk flew the Yellow Lion back to the Atlas.

Suddenly, I felt Honerva's energy shift, along with the last two remaining Altean fighters in their Robeasts. The two Robeasts quickly came back to power and charged straight for us.

"Those Robeasts are headed our way!" Pidge exclaimed, gasping as I felt the Green Lion's energy reignite, "Just in time. My Lion is responding!"

One by one, the Lions came back to power. Novae quickly bit her thumb and let her quintessence blood flow to increase the power of her Lion.

"Not today, Honerva. You won't get your way." She muttered to herself and felt something cold rise through her fingers. Her worry grew as the cold sensation pricked her fingers painfully, almost making them go numb.

"Allura, do you copy? Can you get to your Lion? We're gonna need Voltron." Keith said.

"Hold on, I'm coming." Allura replied.

"In the meantime, the Atlas has you covered." Shiro said.

"Wait, what about the collapsing universe? We need to stop it!" Coran said.

"Coran, we're counting on you to figure something out." Keith said as he fought against one of the Robeasts.

"What? Me? I don't know anything about that!"

"If you can't do it, Coran, then find someone who does! We need to stop that weapon before it breaks through realities. Paladins, do everything you can to keep the Robeasts distracted. Let's give the Altas a shot." Keith ordered.

The Robeasts were relentless and fired at the Paladins with the intent to destroy. Hunk flew out of the Atlas, summoned his Lion's armor and slammed into one of the Robeasts, knocking it it away from the team.

"Nice shot!" Lance praised.

But the Robeast didn't stay down. It steadied itself again fast and flew back into battle, this time aiming for Keith and the Black Lion.

Keith flew head first towards the Robeast, the Lion glowing brightly before the large wings of the Black Lion appeared. Keith transported himself and the Lion behind the Robeast, throwing it off guard.

"Guys, I'm going in to stop Honerva!" Keith said as he flew close to Honerva's beast.

The Beast lifted its hand and all of a sudden, Novae could feel the cold sensation growing even greater to the point where she could no longer touch her controls.

"Still." Honerva said. The Black Lion stopped in its tracks, surrounded by an Altean magic circle and an aura of pure darkness.

"No!" Keith shouted as the wings disappeared under the pressure of the Altean magic.

Honerva raised her hand to crush Keith with a single blow. But, before Honerva could even try to touch the Black Lion, the Atlas in its humanoid form intercepted the attack, blocking Honerva from hitting Keith.

Honerva, being distracted by the blockage, released her hold on the circle surrounding Keith, giving him a chance to escape. The Paladins did the best they could fighting to keep the Robeasts away and to stop Honerva themselves, but their actions proved to be failing. Even Novae's power wasn't giving much of an edge against Honerva and her strength.

"Fall back!" Keith shouted. The team did as told and retreated from the fight for the time being.

Honerva and the Atlas were in their own battle as the Paladins escaped and Allura joined them.

"Young Star... your hands..." Zaurelia said. Novae glanced down at her hands and saw that the tips of her fingers were turning a sickly shade of gray, even through the black material she wore over them.

"We can't get past them, so we're going to have to defeat them. Paladins, on me! Form Voltron!" Keith shouted.

The Paladins flew in formation and combined into Voltron. They summoned the sword, glowing with a golden sheen because of Novae's power, and charged for the Robeasts. But even the power boost was nothing if they were hit by the Robeast's weapons.

"Remember, those weapons can siphon our energy, so we need to avoid their direct hits." Allura said.

Voltron summoned its shield and once again Novae pushed more quintessence into the shield for more durability. The Robeasts charged without hesitation, attacking with more power and determination than before.

Voltron dodged and blocked the beasts with the shield and quick movements, striking them with the sword as the Robeast too blocked and dodged the attacks.

Voltrons' sword clashed with one of them and golden sparks flew from the colliding blades.

"Pidge, arm cannon!" Keith shouted.

The shield disappeared and the Green Lion arm formed the cannon. Voltron positioned its aim at the chest where the Altean pilot was, but made sure not to hit the pilot capsule. The Paladins took the shot and defeated the Robeast, cyan blue light from the attack shooting through the dark sky.

The second Robeast was about to attack, when the other Altean, the one who rebelled against Honerva earlier, came in and blocked the attack.

"It's the Altean!" Pidge gasped.

"Why is she helping us?" Lance asked.

Novae smiled at the Altean's actions, seeing how the tides have changed for Honerva's darkness. Even in the greatest darkness there is always a small speck of light to bring forth a change. This Altean was only one of many.

"She understands that Honerva was wrong and what's she's doing is wrong." Novae said to herself.

"This Altean is quite brave and formidable. Shall we save her?" Zaurelia asked.

"Of course. She is fighting against the enemy. And the enemy of my enemy is my friend, is that not how the saying goes?"

Voltron reformed its sword and prepared to help, when another voice came in.

"Please, do not harm them." The voice was from the Altean that came to Voltron's aid.

"They were misguided, much like I was. We all were."

Voltron held its sword and flew forward, striking near the shoulder and missing the pilot capsule. The Altean Robeast floated after the attack, the pilot secure and unharmed as he floated out of the beast.

"Pilot capsule still intact." Keith said.

Honerva shot off her lasers at the Atlas as the final Robeast attacked and Voltron fought back, quickly slicing it in half and leaving it to float in space.

"Final Robeast out of commission." Keith said. Voltron flew back up to the portal Honerva created. But something was strange about the portal. To Novae's eyes, it was much more than just a simple portal. It radiated quintessence that was unfamiliar to her. As if the life on the other side of the portal was completely different than the life surrounding them.

"Hunk, form cannon!"

"I've got lock!" Hunk said.

The cannon was formed and took aim; we were ready to fire. However, the shot was never fired. Everything went black.

Until there was a loud boom.

Suddenly, Novae's eyes shot open only to see a flash of white and gold. Streams of quintessence flooded her eyes and a hurricane of voices echoed in her ears. Some happy, some crying, some screaming, some rejoicing. So many voices speaking to her all at once, but no voice was clear enough for her to hear them.

It felt as if it had been hours before the voices calmed themselves looked up weakly and saw through her fogged vision nothing but the Altas floating lifelessly in the darkness of space. The same position Voltron was at the moment.

From where the explosion came from, remained nothing but a bright purple light, swirling around behind Honerva's beast as she stood in front of it. The portal was open. She had broken through realities.

"Honvera has pierced through realities." Allura said weakly.

Honerva lifted her hand over her head, clenching her fist and stopping the blades from the wings from spinning before they returned to her beast. She turned around and flew into the portal to another reality.

"Honerva..." Novae growled, "I knew that you had fallen far into the darkness and madness, but I never expected you to do go this far for a life that has already passed."

"Novae, are you all right?" Keith asked, "This is..."

"This will not be hard. That woman is no longer my Aunt. She hasn't been for a long, long time. I am simply going to help free her trapped soul." Novae stated, "We need to finish this once and for all."

Everyone nodded, feeling the same as Novae was. They needed to end this war, and if it took destroying Honerva, then they would have no choice but to do it. On the inside however, Novae was terrified to face her Aunt, the last bit of family on her father's side that she had in the entire universe.

But then she thought back to her brothers and sisters. The friends she made throughout this war. The man she fell in love with. And she could only smile. She would not be alone at the end of this war. So she would take whatever pain was needed. Novae would see her Aunt's soul be put to rest with the rest of her family.

"Come on, we're going in!" Keith declared, "Atlas, stay on me."

"I'm afraid the Atlas can't do that." Coran stuttered.

"Coran's right. It isn't made out of the same ore. It can't traverse realities." Pidge confirmed.

"Then we're going in alone."

"Actually, that appears to be problematic as well." Slav informed.

"What?"

"The statistical likelihood of Voltron succeeding against Honerva in a one-on-one battle is well below improbable."

"We'll have a better chance than if we don't try at all." Allura said.

Suddenly, large amounts of energy soared across the universe and stopped near the group in a circle. Everyone was blinded by several lights gathering around them. However, Novae smiled widely when she noticed that these lights had a life force beating within them.

When the lights died down, they saw that these lights weren't just normal lights. They were Balmera!

"Balmera." Allura gasped.

"What's going on?" Lance asked.

"It's a convuldrum." Coran said, staring at the Balmerans from each of the Balmera, "The Balmeras are converging."

"What called them here?"

Novae stared in awe at the Balmeras surrounding them.

"Dearest Balmerans, why have you come to such a dangerous place?" Novae asked.

"You have come to us and aided when we were ill and in danger."

"We are here to repay that debt with our power."

"So allow us to help you, Blue Star."

"The universe needs you and Voltron, Blue Star. So we shall aid you to repay our debt to you. Let our power embrace you!"

The energies from the Balmeras rose exponentially, their power from the crystals coming together and transferring to Voltron and the Atlas. Novae closed her eyes and allowed for the energy to surround her as Voltron and the Atlas began to change.

Voltron was covered in a blinding light, the same light bonding them to the Atlas. Their power slowly becoming one. They were being reborn, creating a new warrior more powerful than anything else ever seen in the universe. Novae lifted her hands from her controls and felt the quintessence wash over her, by her side Zaurelia appeared with a smile.

"Are you ready to give it your best shot, Zaurelia?" Novae asked.

"I would give no less." Zaurelia answered.

"What just..." Shiro trailed off, just as shocked as everyone else.

"Whoa!" Hunk exclaimed.

"No way!" Lance said in disbelief and awe.

"This is crazy!" Pidge exclaimed.

"Thank you Balmera for your strength and power." Novae said.

"I don't know what just happened, but now we have a chance." Allura said.

"Let's stop Honerva." Keith said.

"Coran, we'll need you to secure the area and find a way to suppress this rift." Shiro ordered.

With a shout, everyone, Paladins and Atlas crew, pushed their newly created Voltron through the portal to other realities.

They flew down the dark tunnel, streams of light flying past us like shooting stars in the dark sky. Suddenly, Novae could feel something shift, like how paper would crinkle and crease when folded, but instead of giving her a familiar sensation, it felt like half of her body was burning while other half was freezing cold. She looked down at her hands, and they were shaking much more terribly than before.

They kept flying through the dark tunnel until a light engulfed them. When the light diminished, they flew saw a familiar place in the universe.

It was Altea. But tainted with dark energy from every corner. A portal had already been created above the Altean Castle, signifying that Honerva had already passed through here. Novae nearly cried at the sight of Altea, once beautiful and vibrant, now stained with darkness and chaos.

"Is this..." Allura asked.

"It's an alternate Altea." Pidge said.

"And it looks like this reality is crumbling, just like ours!" Lance said.

"How come it's disintegrating so quickly?" Hunk asked.

"Its Honerva's wings and the energy she stole." Novae said.

"Her wings?" Allura asked.

"Novae's right." Pidge said, "Those wings created a sort of cosmic tunnel in one blast. The rift must lead directly to the reality Honerva's been looking for."

"And any reality that those wings bored through is falling apart." Shiro said.

"We have to keep going!" Keith said, before they flew through the portal to another reality.

Again, they entered another alternate Altea and saw the darkness consuming it. The feeling of all the lives being destroyed, the rips between all realities, it was all sickening. Novae closed her eyes so she wouldn't throw up in rage from such a sickening sight.

"All these innocent lives." Allura said sadly, "There's no limit to what Honerva will do or the lives she'll tear apart to get what she wants."

"That's why we need to stop her." Shiro said and they flew through another portal to another alternate reality.

"Even then, I fear she's started a chain reaction that can never be undone." Allura stated.

But it could be undone, it just had to take a little bit of a sacrifice and a small bit magical-reality bending and mending.

Suddenly, just as they passed through the next portal, they were hit with a blade. Their screams of pain echoed through the air as the team regained their balance.

They all looked up to see what hit them and saw Honerva in her beast.

"Countermeasures!" Keith shouted, but a sphere of darkness surrounded them, leaving them unable to move as Honevra slammed Voltron into the ground. She prepared to attack again, creating a dark orb and throwing it at Voltron.

"Form Sword!" Keith shouted. The sword was quickly formed and slammed the orb back at Honerva.

She dodged and the orb slammed into the structure above. The sword's shine diminished, revealing a large gold and blue sword pointed straight at Honerva with the intent to strike her down for good.

Voltron flew into the air and swung the large sword, to which Honerva dodged. She flew higher into the air and expanded her wings, shooting off the blades with furious speed. Voltron was slammed back to the ground, but that didn't stop the team. Voltron slid across the ground and got back up on their feet.

Novae poured more our her quintessence blood into Voltron, igniting a powerful beam that shot from the chest, aiming directly at Honerva. However, she dodged and attacked back. She landed on the ground, throwing orbs of dark energy at Voltron. They cut through them as Honerva spun around and hit Voltron with her tail.

Once again Voltron was slammed into the ground and nailed down by her wing blades. From the blades, dark lightning crackled around them, she lifted her hand up and dark energy circled her being.

The energy siphoned out Voltron's power, all of members of the team screamed from the pain.

Our energy kept being drained from them. Honerva only stopped when Voltron and the Atlas were too weak to move even a single robotic nerve.

Honvera flew up into the portal and disappeared.

"We need to get up." Lance said, panting and groaning in pain and exhaustion.

"I can't move." Hunk groaned.

"The ship's not responding." Shiro growled.

"Honerva, she's absorbed all our strength." Allura said tiredly.

"This reality... it's over." Pidge said in defeat as the reality we sat in, was slowly being ripped apart.

But Novae still refused to give up on all of existence. She had a family to return to, they all did. She had a planet to rule. She had love to embrace and a life to live. This time... this time she wouldn't kneel over and die.

"No." Novae said with all the strength she could muster, "We've always done the impossible. Our strength is our bond. Our power comes from each other. As long as we're a team, we stand a chance. Sendak. Zarkon. Lotor. We've saved our universe countless times, but now, all the realities are in need of Voltron. So this isn't the end just yet. We need to get back up and stop Honerva once and for all!"

Her words, her passion for the greater end of this war, sparked a more incredible sense of determination within everyone on the team for good. Slowly, Voltron got up to its feet, standing tall and ready to finish this battle once and for all.

"Fire boosters!" Keith shouted.

Allura and Hunk followed his orders, pushing our boosters to their limit. But as they sped towards the portal Honerva left behind, Novae looked over her shoulder and heard Zaurelia whispering a small bit of her future plan. One that would make sure Honerva wouldn't get her way in this next reality.

The reality she so desperately desired.

🦁🦁🦁~~~~🦁🦁🦁

In another reality, one brimming with light and life, a large and beautiful planet orbited the sun. And on that's planet's surface, several men were battling in the golden colored fields. One was standing in the center of the group, waiting for the oncoming attack.

As two of the men attack, the man in the center quickly disarmed them with his sword. Once they were down, a third man came running to attack, but quicker than the eye could blink, the man was stopped by his Emperor. He sighed in defeat, but then again, he had a feeling wouldn't best his teacher.

"You're getting faster." Zarkon said praising his men.

"Not half as fast as the Emperor." The soldier, Sendak, replied.

Before they could continue their training, a strange and powerful ship landed nearby, one with a dark appearance and a humanoid form. A dark shadow suddenly appeared at the bottom of the ship, revealing the pilot to be Zarkon's bride, Honerva of both Altea and Daibaazal.

Zarkon and his men rushed to defend their home if this intruder would bring harm, while Honerva took soft and gentle steps towards them with a stern yet longing expression.

"Stay back." Zarkon ordered the intruder, "What is your name?"

"You don't recognize me?" Honerva asked, "I've searched beyond the stars to be here."

"I said stay back." Zarkon once again ordered.

"To be with you." Honerva continued ignoring the Emperor, "And to be with my son."

Honerva's face, hidden from the shadows of her beast, was finally brought into the light and shown for Zarkon to behold. As soon as Zarkon saw his wife's face, he was both stunned and elated.

"Honerva." He called out her name, his men standing back at the sight of their beloved Empress standing before them. The Emperor hesitantly held his hand to her cheek, her lips curling into a smile upon feeling her husband's warmth once again.

"Is it truly you?" He asked.

"It is." Honerva answered.

"I never thought I'd see you again."

"I never doubted." Honerva took his hand, "My memory of you and Lotor kept me alive. Tell me, where is my child?"

"He is on Altea, studying like you once did all those years ago before his birth. Come."

Zarkon ordered his men to prepare a ship and wormhole to Altea while allowing Honerva to clean up and prepare to see their son. In the ten thousand years that she had been fighting, Honerva never imagined that she would be able to see her son again in a new light. A fresh start to be the mother she always wanted to become, to live with the family she never got to have.

They set off in the ship as soon as it was prepared and sped through the wormhole until they reached Altea. It was just as beautiful as she remembered it long before the war.

"I vowed to raise our son as you would have wanted." Zarkon explained, "He excels in his Altean studies. Lotor has his mother's intellect. And, he has become quite close to our niece, the Little Star of Estellia."

Honerva's eyes widened, she had almost forgotten about Novae. For a moment she was worried, but then in this reality, nothing had changed. The sweet golden haired child she knew back then, didn't know of who she had become in the other reality. 

"Novaleyia..." She whispered, "How has she been?"

Zarkon chuckled, "She has already been making preparations for an alliance ceremony between her and Lotor, once they are both crowned rulers of their respective planets. Novaleyia is excited to have Daibaazal and Estellia all gathered together to experience it, and now with you there, it will be even greater."

The landed on Altea, immediately being greeted by King Alfor and Queen Melanor, along with the people of their great planet. And standing right beside the King and Queen, were their closest allies on par with Daibaazal. Emperor Orasis and his beloved Empress Elaine.

"Empress Honerva..." Alfor said, "It is an honor to see you once more. All of Altea will cherish this day."

Elaine couldn't help herself and hugged Honerva tightly, "I am so glad to see my sister so well in health and standing before us." She said pulling away from the hug.

"Yes, as am I." Orasis said, "My dear brother never once forgot about your gentle smile and your passion. I think I speak for everyone here as well as on Estellia that we are happy for your return."

Honervas smiled at her husband's brother and sister-in-law, for she could remember the wonderful times they spent together in the past.

"Please, come with me." A voice said from the side of the crowd. Honerva almost paled when she saw Allura standing there smiling at her, "You son and niece await your presence."

Honerva and Zarkon followed Allura into the Castle until they reached one of the large study halls.

"...and then they turn into what?" A small voice echoed from the room.

"Quintessence crystals used to power ships for up to.... ten decapheobs?" A much more familiar voice echoed soon after the first one.

"That's right. Well done, Prince Lotor."

"Come on, Vae. We're family, don't call me prince here."

Honerva, Zarkon and Allura walked into the room, and there sitting in the center of it at the table, was her son, and her beloved niece, Novaleyia.

"My son. Novaleyia." Honerva gasped, catching their attention.

Lotor was young, that same glow in his eyes that Honerva remembered having in her own shining brightly. And Novaleyia... her golden hair faded to blue and purple with small braids on her head like a headband, her bright love-filled eyes, and that sweet smile she missed... it was all there. Her family was there before her. 

She had done it.

"Mother?" Lotor questioned and didn't hesitate to run towards his long lost mother.

"Aunt Honerva!" Novaleyia ran as well.

Honerva knelt down, her arms opened wide to embrace her son and niece. But just as they got close to her, Novaleyia stopped her and Lotor, pulling the boy back.

"Lotor, wait a tick." She said, pulling him even closer to her, "Take a look at her."

Lotor was confused at first, but as he looked back at his mother, he knew something was wrong. Novaleyia didn't understand it herself, but something was pulling her back as well. Something powerful, yet familiar in a way.

"Please, my child. Come to me." Honerva beckoned.

"No." Lotor said and gripped Novaleyia by her pant leg, the young princess doing what she could to shield Lotor from this fake.

"Lotor, Novaleyia, it's okay. This is your mother and Aunt. She has returned." Zarkon tried to explain.

"She's not my mother!"

"That woman is not my Aunt."

Honerva looked hurt, "I may appear changed, but I assure you, my love for you Lotor is that of a mother for her child." She looked at Novaleyia, "And you, my dear sweet niece, I have longed to see you again as well. The daughter of my dear friend Elaine... Come to me."

The children didn't buy the act.

"She is not my mother." Lotor insisted.

"Uncle, stand away from the imposter." Novaleyia said.

"Don't speak like that." Zarkon said firmly.

"Please..." Honerva reached out her hand, but neither of the children took it.

"No." They both said.

"My mother is dead. And you cannot replace her!"

"This woman has stolen my Aunt's presence, but a mas will not fool my eyes."

Both Honerva and Zarkon were confused by this, but Zarkon tried to calm the situation. He took a place next to his son and niece, the children scooting closer to him.

"Perhaps this is overwhelming for the children." He said, "Please, if we had some time..."

"Time?" Honvera questioned as she stood up, "You speak to me of time? I've spent lifetimes trying to get back. Countless worlds have fallen in the wake of my efforts to return to you. And this is how you welcome me?"

All of a sudden, from behind Lotor and Zarkon, Novaleyia spoke. But her voice was not her own.

"Of course they welcome you in this manner. You Honerva are, after all, not of this reality." The voice said.

Everyone looked to where the voice was coming from, only to back away once they saw Novaleyia.... and Novaleyia?

Novaleyia was standing still, her eyes nothing but white and glowing softly as the mark of Zaurelia appeared shining over her chest. Right behind her, was a golden form of an adult Novaleyia, dressed in her Paladin armor and glaring at Honerva.

"Vae?" Lotor questioned upon seeing his cousin glowing in front of the older woman.

Novae looked down at Lotor and smiled, the younger Novaleyia mirroring her actions like a reflection or a shadow.

"I apologize for appearing in such a state. But connecting through the quintessence of this reality's version of myself is the only way I am able to speak to you directly." Novae said through Novaleyia, "I am unable to appear in person because of a battle my team and I are fighting. A battle started by that woman behind you."

"What are you talking about?" Zarkon said.

Novae and Novaleyia pointed towards Honerva, "That woman, that Honerva is not the wife and mother you lost. That Honerva is from my reality, a woman who stole the face and voice of my dear Aunt Honerva to confuse me and hurt the entire universe for over ten thousand years."

"What are these lies you say?" Honerva shouted.

"The only one speaking lies is you, Honerva." Novae said, "Emperor Zarkon, in my reality, there is a great warrior called Voltron that was created from a substance that landed on your planet. Honerva was sent to study it, but in the end was poisoned by a form of energy called quintessence. She died alongside you, but that quintessence poisoning changed the both of you. Your bodies were stolen and transformed into dark entities that fought and destroyed countless homes and planets, killing millions of people, including my mother and father, and the planet Altea. Even after Zarkon's demise in my reality, Honerva continued to destroy and even tore through the fabric of reality to get here, putting everyone in all of reality in danger of destruction."

Everyone stood silent for a moment, but it was Lotor that stepped up to speak.

"Who are you?" He asked Novae. Novae smiled at the young prince, the cousin she never truly got to meet as a member of her family.

"My name is Novaleyia Astraelis. First born daughter of Emperor Orasis Astraelis I and Empress Elaine Atrealis of Estellia. And now, crowned Empress of the planet Estellia." Novae answered.

Honerva had finally had enough of this, her hands filled with dark energy, "I have sacrificed more than you will ever know."

"And that sacrifice included my mother, my father, your husband, your son, and the lives of countless others in our reality, you witch! How many more must perish before you are able to see clearly that the world you want will never be yours!"

All of a sudden, they heard thrusters outside.

"What is that?" Zarkon questioned.

"There is no need to be alarmed, Zarkon. That sound comes from the warrior who will save all reality." Novae said.

"No, it cannot be!" Honvera said in shock, "If there is no place in this universe for me, then there will be no universe at all!" Honerva shouted and disappeared in a cloud of black mist.

Novaleyia fell to the ground gasping for breath, but Novae stayed hovering over them.

"Little Star!"

"Vae!" 

Novae couldn't help but smile hearing them call out to her younger other reality self. When she looked up at Novae, Novaleyia was in awe.

"Are you.... me?" She asked and Novae nodded.

"In another life. In another reality." Novae answered and knelt down in front of her younger self, "I wondered what I would look like if I didn't have to fight. If this war never started in the first place. This as least gives me something to imagine and recall from this darkness."

"What does that mean?" Zarkon asked, but Novae was slowly disappearing, her quintessence returning to her body to fully fight. But before she left, she gave one last smile to the small group of family and gently caressed the cheeks of her younger self and the young prince Lotor.

"I am glad... so very glad..." She said, closing her eyes and feeling herself sitting in her pilot's seat.

Novae opened her eyes again and saw Honerva's robeast in front of Voltron.

This would end it all.

This one battle held the fate of all existence.

And only one would win it.

And Novae would make sure it would be Voltron.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

3K 719 19
For millennia, the Galra Empire has plagued the universe by destroying civilizations and enslaving various races. The only threat to the empire is th...
1.7K 38 13
Keith just found out he was part Galra and doesn't want to tell anyone. He thinks the team might begin to hate him for it. Lance wanders into Keith's...
71.8K 1.8K 23
It's been months since The Paladins found the Blue Lion and flew off into space. It's been months since they started fighting against Zarkon and The...
168K 4.1K 19
What happens when a part of Voltron, a paladin to be exact, is taken hostage by the Galra Empire? Would Voltron search far and wide for their missing...