Pressure

By jmarley96

Enemies to lovers Two women in an office always compete for the top spot. There is constant arguing between t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 7

1.5K 34 1
By jmarley96

Drew's POV

"Alright! Time for lunch."

I step out of my office ready to stuff my face into a good sandwich when something catches my eye.

Ugh. This guy.

Sergio is one of the accountants that has been here a couple of years and already he's ran through every woman in this building.

Even now he's trying to work his magic on our newest member and I can feel something in me twitch.

"So you busy tonight? I'd love to show you around."

I feel my jaw clinch as I watch him lean into her as I walk over.

"Thanks but I'm usually here pretty late."

He tilts his head and before he can try another approach, I place my hand on his shoulder, grabbing his attention.

"Sergio? I need a favor. I really need the close out info for project 86 as soon as possible. Can you get that for me?"

He stands up straight and frowns, clearly annoyed.

"You know that'll take hours right?"

I nod and her groans before heading to his station.

Me and him have never really seen eye to eye but since I have seniority over him, he kind of has to do what I say.

As he walks away, I catch her green eyes studying me and her gaze actually makes me a little nervous.

"If I'm remembering correctly, That's not necessary until next month."

I shrug.

"Eh he's fine. You just watch out for that guy. He's put his Dick in about every woman in this place.

She gives me a look. "And you haven't?"

I roll my eyes and lean against the wall of her cubicle.

"I'm just saying, since we're buddies now, that you should watch out for him."

She gives me a smile and stands in front of me, this condescending look on her face.

"Oh drew. You're not jealous about someone else having my attention now are you?"

I scoff as she inches closer to my face.

"Why would I need to be? He's not nearly as fun as me."

She rolls her eyes and sits back down in her seat.

"Well I'm a big girl drew. I can handle myself. I don't need the big scary marketing director looking out for me."

I shake my head.

This woman.

I look around to make sure everyone is busy before I lean down and turn her chair back to me.

"Listen here princess. When I say that guy is bad news, I mean it. Yes, I'm an office whore. I've slept with MOST of the woman in here, excluding you."

She gasps and swats at my arms making me laugh.

"Drew that's gross!"

I hold up my hands in defense.

"Hey I'm just being honest! My point is, they all still like me. I don't just sleep around and drop them. We all still work well together. He on the other hand has a different reputation. He's too rough with them and doesn't like hearing the word no. Then he walks around acting as if he owns them or something before he's ready to drop them for the next piece of ass that crosses his view. That being you."

This earns me another slap but I catch it before it hits.

Her skin feels so soft.

I absentmindedly stroke the top of her hand with my thumb as I look into her eyes.

"What I'm trying to say is, I'm concerned. Not jealous. I don't want him to hurt you."

She tilts her head at me and smiles.

"Drew. I didn't know you had a sweet side."

I groan and stand back up waving her off.

"Don't go around telling people. It'll ruin my image."

This earns me a laugh and I feel content.

Hearing that sound makes me smile.

A real, genuine smile.

"I will watch my ass around him drew but he was only asking me about work.I'm too busy to worry about that kind of stuff anyways so you have nothing to worry about."

She softly rubs my arm to reassure me and I nod.

"Good. Well I guess I should Uhh...get back to my own work."

She nods and as I start to walk away, randy stops me in my tracks.

"Hold on there drew! You're going to want to see this!"

I watch as he runs right over to Valentina with flowers, balloons, and a small cake in hand and smile as I realize what is about to happen.

"Attention everyone! I know you're all busy but I would like to announce the winner for the quarterly award."

He motions for Valentina to stand and although she's clearly nervous, she does.

"Miss Sanchez. Although you've only been with us for a short time, your hard work and determination have really shone throughout the entire company. You were recommended by your peers and it was the boards decisions to recognize you as this quarters top performer!"

The room erupts into cheers and applause as he hands her all of the gifts and the key to her new office.

"It's all cleaned up and ready to go for you whenever you're ready! Drew? You'll help her get settled right? She's taking the one next to yours. I figured it would work best since you two basically work together."

I nod and give him a thumbs up as she scowls at me.

She's definitely not comfortable having this many eyes on her and even though she looks angry, I think she's also pleading for help.

"Uhh yeah randy I got it."

He gets me to take a couple of pictures of them before bounding off towards the elevator to let the executives know.

As soon as he's out of sight, I wave my hand over the crowd forming and use my commanding voice to get their attention.

"Alright everyone. Please give her some space. You can all visit and congratulate her tomorrow in her new office but for now we have a lot of work to do so please head back to your stations."

They all nod and comply, sneaking in a quick little "congrats!" Before settling back down on their respective work stations.

I reach over and grab the gifts from her as she tries to juggle it all and leave her with the key.

"Sorry about that. Randy likes to go a little overboard with these types of things."

She nods but I can still see the deep blush on her face as she gathers up her things.

"Umm...thank you,drew. For that."

I shrug.

"Anytime."

I follow her over to her new office and watch the smile spread on her lips as the doorknob turns.

When she steps inside, it's as if I can visibly see the relief pouring out of her.

As if all of the hard works she's put in is finally paying off.

"Hmm...I guess this will do."

I laugh and set the gifts down on her desk.

"Well sorry we don't have the best facilities for you princess. If you need me I'll be right through there."

I point to the door on the left side of the room and she heads over to open it.

Inside is a tiny 4 foot hallway with a closet door on one side and a smile half bathroom door on the other.

Straight across is another door that leads to my office.

"Oh yes. I can distract you much easier now."

My eyebrows raise and I can't help but let out a chuckle.

I feel like teasing a bit so I step right behind her and place my lips right next to her ear.

"And how would you be doing that princess?"

Her eyes widen and I swear I saw a hint of a blush spread on her cheeks.

"Psh. However I want! I'll just Uhh...pop in and drop off things at inconvenient times and..."

I laugh as I brush past her and step into the hallway.

"See you around Sanchez."

I step into my office and close the door behind me.

Things just got a whole lot more interesting.

Or maybe complicated.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 245 23
This is Drew and Reilly's story. Follow two top notch lawyers as they go from rivals to soul mates.
141K 5K 54
A bodyguard willing to throw away everything for their client, a client who's willing to keep hold of everything for their bodyguard. To survive in...
129K 786 30
Gay stories.
1.1M 34.4K 49
[There is spelling errors and it's confusing sometimes but I'll try my best to look for them before publishing a chapter] two dominate women... all f...