Harbinger Of Doom: The Attain...

By eeriesage

Lores Taptallen was born in a chaotic time of war and domination. In a world where two species of humans poss... More

Prologue
1. A Conflicted Heart
2. The Ceremony
3. An Explorer
4. The Wanderer
5. Initiated
6. Liz
7. The Hunt
8. A Hard Task
9. In Need
10. Departure
11. Experiment
12. The Capital
13. The Bounty Hunt
14. Exclusive Tavern (1) - The Riddle Contest
15. Exclusive Tavern (2)- The Prince's Agent
16. House Of Berath
17. The Conspiracy
18. Recruited
19. Snowfall Palace
20. Street Fight
21. The First Assignment
22. Summoned
23. The Conference
24. A Man In The Pool
25. Fense County (1)
26. Fense County (2)
27. Fense County (3)
28. Star Of Doom
29. Recovery
30. The Archery Contest (1)
31. The Archery Contest (2)- Commencement
32. The Archery Contest (3) - Bad Blood
33. The Archery Contest (4) - The Second Phase
34. The Archery Contest (5) - The Final
35. Smokescreen
36. Azure Mystic Art
37. Ill Omen
38. Progress?
39. Bane
40. The Teahouse
41. Art Of Tea
42. Remarkable Outing
43. A New Ally
44. Red Moth Village
45. The Dragon Flintstone
46. The Sage
47. Medicine Chef
*Summary*
48. Seven, Where Are You?
49. Overhaul
50. Accepted
51. A New Stage
52. The Life of Shawlunge
53. The Queen Visits
54. Mystic Blade of Asura
56. Enjoying The Moon

55. Back To The Prince.

23 9 28
By eeriesage

One month later

The snow fell in fat flakes, covering the woods in a blanket of perfect white. The smell of damp pine trees in the air was fresh and clean. The skies above had an unholy mixture of shale-grey and pasty streaks. A team of about a dozen men in bodyguard uniforms waded through the snow as they climbed a terrain. It had been a terrible hike for them for the past one month. They were all lamenting the inconveniences they had faced for the sake of their fellow.

"It's been a month. Still, there's no sign of Seven. At this rate, we might not even make it before we see him."

"His highness had commanded us not to return if we can't find him. We don't have a choice. Unfortunately for us, he was chased by those men to who knows where. Where in the fucking world is he??!"

"That guy has a lot of questions to answer. Is he deliberately hiding himself?!?"

"Ugh, I miss Madam Nora's noodles. We've been feeding on wide fruits and quarries while roaming the forest like vagabonds. It irks to imagine that we're searching for that guy as if he's a gold mine. Fuck it!"

"Speaking of which, he seems to be very important to his highness. His highness has so many guards but hasn't settled ever since this one got missing. He's very lucky to win the attention of his highness."

"Hey! Bro look ahead. Who's that?" Their leader called their attention to someone in the woods. They gaped wakefully at the silhouette before trotting towards them.

"Excuse us, Mister."

They couldn't believe their eyes. The person bore the same resemblance to Seven, but there was no headband which was part of their dress code around his head. His face was looking calmer and his gaze was lacking familiarity. They had to confirm his identity themselves.

Lores could tell they had gone through a lot judging from their appearance. He smiled at himself. "Prince Of Nan has been searching for me."

"When would you eat a steam bun if given to you?" The leader asked. Naturally, this question would sound stupid to anybody. If the gentleman man they approached was part of their league, he would have no problem interpreting the coded question.

The gentleman brought down his gaze with a smile. "Immediately, so it doesn't get cold like the snow in winter."

The guards began to mumble words of relieve. Their days of suffering had come to an end. The leader of the team happened to be a meticulous person. He wanted to ensure they had found the right person. The young person in front of them was looking quite different from who they had known. He posed another coded question.

"How many buns can you eat?"

Lores looked at him and answered fluently. "Seven."

"He's the one!" One of the guards announced gladly.

"Whoa! I can finally get to eat Madam Nora's noodles again!" Another jubilated.

"Bro where have you been? You recognized us at first, no? Why didn't you let us know?" The leader whined in both relieve and agitation. Lores only chuckled. He was delighted to reunite with his colleagues. He argued playfully.

"What? Were you expecting me to jump around and scream at the top of my voice?"

They got to the palace at nightfall. The whale-bone white snow encrusted the gardens. Lumps of ice could be found on the flowers and windowsills. The flogging squalls of winter blew, and a tomb-like silence haunted the vicinity, the scenic prestige behooving its name: Snowfall Palace. Over the prestigious architecture, the pearly moon was as cold as water.

Lores was led to Bloom Pavilion in compliance to the order of Mo that the missing guard should be brought to him forthwith when found. Lores was patiently observing the osmanthus flowers in front of the hallway.

Just then, a prideful-looking man opened the door and came outside. His silvery cloak was adorned with the finest polar-white fur. His gaze softened when he saw Lores. His lost guard was in the courtyard staring at him with a smile. His hair gleamed like an obsidian under the moon, the snow flakes on it glistening like bright diamonds. He looked as though he had been remade. Everything about him was refined and fresh. Really, Mo wasn't hallucinating right now. He outrightly wanted to race to the other person and embrace him tightly, yet he curtailed his emotions.

Mo's steps were light and honorific as he approached Lores.

"Greetings, my prince." Lores bowed. Mo placed a black gloved hand on his guard's shoulder as a form of acceptance. Lores raised his head, and they were both staring wordlessly at each other. Their hairs fluttered in the romantic frosty wind of winter.

"It's chilly. Winter has eventually approached. Seven, welcome back." Mo defied the whist with a welcoming smile which Lores requited.

"Where have you been? Tell me what happened." Mo demanded.

"When I was chased by those killers, I was lucky enough to be rescued by someone. He took me to his house at the back of a mountain, and treated me. I recuperated there for some time before leaving."

Mo scrunched his brows. "Back of a mountain?" After a quick thought, it dawned on him why his guards were not able to find Lores. The back of a mountain was an elusive spot that people barely go to.

Lores nodded.

"Who took you there?" Mo inquired.

"It was an elderly man."

Mo indeed had so many questions to ask Lores. He had managed to fix himself after the mind-blowing drama at Red Moth Village, and the urge to know the genuine origin of his guard sprung up in him. Mo breathed a hush sigh.

"About that at Red Moth Village....you're a mage."

Lores nodded after a long while, his eyes not deviating from Mo. Mo looked flustered as he tried to put words together.

"How did...were you..."

"My prince." Lores spoke all of a sudden. "Can you help me keep my little secret?" Possibly, Lores' cover might be blown if it gets out that Snowfall Palace had been accommodating a mage. He earnestly hoped Mo would do him this favour. Mo had terribly missed Lores. The request from Lores melted his heart that he lost the will to ask additional questions. Besides, his lost guard had just returned. Bombarding him with questions wasn't an apt thing to do.

Mo nodded his head defeatedly. Lores smiled happily. "Thank you, my prince." He then attempted to substantiate Mo's sudden tenderness towards him. "Your highness, were you worried about me?" Lores asked slyly.

Mo shot a stunned look at Lores then scoffed. "I have several hundreds of guards. Why should I be particular about only one guard? Did you build my palace for me?"

Lores smirked. He moved closer, his eyes fixated at Mo. "Is that so? I saw the guards you sent to search for me. They were looking so drained after many days of searching. You must have ordered them to find me at all cost, even if they don't have to return. If you don't give a damn, you would not have invested such great effort."

Mo stared at Lores with the same braveness. He was quite stunned by the bold insinuation of Lores.

"Seven, you should be the one to worry about me. You were hired to protect me to begin with. What's more, you're a very skillful swordsman. It's normal that I have to search for you at all cost."

They both smirked and stared slyly at each other before Lores gave a repeated cursory nod in defeat. "Fine fine fine. I know your pride won't let you admit."

"Whatever, it's good to have you back." Mo added with twitching lips, betraying his assertions some seconds ago. Lores just laughed. He was used to Mo masking his real feelings.

"Now that your highness has seen me, I shall retire to the guards quarter."

Mo's eyes blazed at the idea of Lores leaving his sight. "No!!" He opposed.

Perplexity crossed Lores' face. "What do you mean, your highness? It's a standard that we the guards have been following."

"Who's going to stand guard at my door if you leave?" Mo protested.

Lores became more perplexed. "Your highness, you have your personal guard; agent two with you. He's supposed to be the one standing guard at your door."

Mo dramatically swept his eyes around. "Agent two. Where's he? I can't find him anywhere."

Lores sighed in frustration. "That's up to you. Just summon him and he'll come."

Mo's face twisted at the Lores' baffling statement. "Seven, are you telling me what to do? You're my guard. If I command you to stand guard, you should do just so. Do not dare question my command."

Lores sighed and resigned to the order. "As you wish, your highness." His head was lowered. It's impossible to entirely understand the Prince Of Nan.

Mo felt a bit of remorse. His words may have sounded harsh but he had no intention of making things difficult for his guard. He only wanted Lores to remain by his side. The long absence of Lores brought a loneliness upon him that he never wanted to experience again. He began to think of a way to placate Lores. He raised a hand with the intention of putting it on Lores' shoulder, but Lores' voice made him pause momentarily.

"Your highness, the night is so cold. You may retire to your chamber. This one will stand guard at your door." Lores' face was still lowered. Mo slowly clenched his hand, then retracted it.

He later left for his chamber with an 'mm'

Lores stood outside in the silent night. Out of boredom, he decided to practice swordplay. The serenity was very conducive for honing one's skill.

He went under the plum tree and unsheathed his sword. He took a stance and started practicing some moves. He started off slowly, brandishing his sword with expertise. He leaned back and swayed his sword over his body. In the dead of the night, only the sound of his sword and billowing of his attire could be heard.

Mo pushed open his window and watched as Lores honed his swordmanship. Mo watched with complete interest and admiration at the splendid scene before his eyes. Lores' moonlit sword glowed like frost. Plum blossoms and snow flakes floated around him like tiny fairies at nighttime. His movements were fluid and well practiced. His long obsidian hair swayed randomly from his exertions. Shrouded in moonlight was a swordsman whose beauty was almost unreal.

Mo took out his flute and started blowing it. The tune flowing out of Mo's flute was slow and melodious. His eyes met Lores' own and they both smiled. Mo then closed his eyes and continued producing an exquisite fluid sound that could provoke emotions from one's heart.

Mo's music rhymed with Lores' sword intent. The latter wielded his sword as the euphony captured his heart and soul. His sword moves became more agile and fluid owing to the influence of music.

They both made a harmonious combination. It was an epitome of a terrific utilization of music with martial arts. The melodic tune reminded one of the nicest things with its poetic implication.

That night was phenomenal.

When the duo's combination came to a rhythmical end, Mo exited his room, making his way to the plum tree.

"I couldn't sleep."

A/N: in case you forgot. Agent two is Hilbwet.
Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.4K 1.3K 186
Disclaimer : This is not my story. No plagiarism intended. The credit goes to original author. ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ The entire Yunzhou knew that the Ye Family h...
197K 7.1K 65
[Everything is fine but you will die no matter what you do ★] [Synonym for a shitty game of luck ★] [Is there anyone who has seen an ending other tha...
31.6K 2.8K 18
A Royal family renowned for their illustrious name and fame, A family full of pride and rage, A Family for which everyone bows their head - The Agnih...
124K 3.5K 25
Warning: 18+ ABO worldကို အခြေခံရေးသားထားပါသည်။ စိတ်ကူးယဉ် ficလေးမို့ အပြင်လောကနှင့် များစွာ ကွာခြားနိုင်ပါသည်။